Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manichunter
    replied
    The churches golden calves sometimes be the large mega structures we build called churches at the expense of not meeting the needs of our poor and hungry saints.

Leave a comment:

• Searcher1
    replied
    I personally don't think it's wise to sow into the world.
    So I take it you don't have 401K plan at work? Which is invested in the stock market.

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    That ...

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
    Jesus wasn't really saying that He wasn't good.
    He was simply making a point.

For his audience to focus on the Father in Heaven, not on themselves in regards to righteousness.
    ...Sounds very right!

MT 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    MT 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

Leave a comment:

• David Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by dan View Post
    And why would you call Jesus good if He would not describe Himself that way?

MK 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
    Jesus wasn't really saying that He wasn't good.
    He was simply making a point.

For his audience to focus on the Father in Heaven, not on themselves in regards to righteousness.

Leave a comment:

• danield
    replied
    I just wanted to post a note to say that David Wilkerson is a fine man of God. I heard him speak as a child and he touched me way back then. I do wish him the very best in all his ministries.

Leave a comment:

• wombat
    replied

MK 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Is it because He is better than all of us?
    Hi, Dan--Jesus is indeed good because He is God, and yes He is most definitely better than all of us. He was the only sinless, perfect man to ever have existed, which is why He was the only possible sacrifice to save mankind. He was the Word made flesh, both God and man at once.

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Your...

Originally posted by daughter View Post
    A slight correction. There is only one source of good, and that is Jesus. Money is a conduit through which good can flow, but it's not the source of good.

Other than that, I take your point.
    ...Right, in a way. But, perhaps, money is a tool, like a gun. Whether it is good or evil depends on the purpose of the one who wields it.

Is it because He is better than all of us?

Leave a comment:

• daughter
    replied
    Just pray for her. Sometimes God will give you an opportunity to speak to her, sometimes He'll give others an opportunity to speak to her... the rest is between Him and her.

One of the defining moments before I became Christian was when a preacher I was playing online chess with told me that "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, and every tongue confess..." My husband (an atheist) asked me "what did the God freak say?" And I blurted it out.

At which my husband went very quiet, looked away for a bit, then said the single strangest thing I ever heard him say: "I'm glad."

God is glorious... and powerful, and mighty to save. She's kicking against the knowledge of her own sin, so she won't accept that for there to be a heaven there has to be a hell. But give it to God, and wait on Him. See what He does about it.

Leave a comment:

• trance750
    replied
    It is terrifying. As an ex witch I know exactly what they are doing... they use the idol as a focal point for their spell, they raise energy, they even danced around it, circling it three times while singing. These are all things you would see happening in a coven. They prayed "God bless America," but I wish I knew what God they were praying to.

The whole thing is horrifying. I must admit, when I saw this picture, my blood ran cold. We're definitely in the midst of the great falling away.
    One of my friends is a Wicca, and she is convinced that everybody will go to Heaven, regardless of what and as she put it, in her own words 'No loving God will ever send a person to hell'.

I have tried to talk with her then she gets mad and accuses me of being 'intolerant' of her beliefs.

Leave a comment:

• wombat
    replied
    Guys, I saw a picture today that really chilled me, and thought I should post it here... it seems to me that there was prophecy in the article originally quoted. Many "Christians" even are deceived. Christians praying at wall street, laying hands on the statue of the bull
    Daughter, that is a very disturbing image indeed! From reading some of the responses to your post, I see I'm not the only one who didn't know this bull existed. Thank you for posting this--it is an eye-opener!

Leave a comment:

• daughter
    replied
    ...The riches provided allowed us to keep the evil Soviet System at bay. Now they will flourish, and with disastrous results. Here is our tribulation!

Not wise? It was the only course possible!

The love of money IS the root of all kinds of evil. Unfortunately, money is, also, the source of all kinds of good!
    A slight correction. There is only one source of good, and that is Jesus. Money is a conduit through which good can flow, but it's not the source of good.

Other than that, I take your point.

Leave a comment:

• trance750
    replied
    I think the 'Golden Calf' (personally) is Celebrity Worship. I mean millions of dollars are spent every week on tabloids, with people looking to get the scoop on their favorite celeberties, and countless hours of watching shows like Access Hollywood.

Now I don't have an issue with celebrities... just the way they are placed on an alter, to be admired and adored.

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    And yet...

Originally posted by JesusMySavior View Post

When you cut away all of the fancy ribbons and bows, the naked stock market is basically that.

Beloved, let us rather trust in God's riches by sowing into the Kingdom.

1 Timothy 6:17 : "Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy."

1 Timothy 6:9-10 : " But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
    ...The riches provided allowed us to keep the evil Soviet System at bay. Now they will flourish, and with disastrous results. Here is our tribulation!

Not wise? It was the only course possible!

The love of money IS the root of all kinds of evil. Unfortunately, money is, also, the source of all kinds of good!

Leave a comment:

• JesusMySavior
    replied

When you cut away all of the fancy ribbons and bows, the naked stock market is basically that.

Beloved, let us rather trust in God's riches by sowing into the Kingdom.

1 Timothy 6:17 : "Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy."

1 Timothy 6:9-10 : " But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Leave a comment:

• HisLeast
    replied
    And now, all that will be destroyed. It has begun.
    Its a testament to the unbelievably epic bull market we came out of to think that a large correction, even a large recession is the end.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X