That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
    Might serve Him.
    His dominion is an everlasting dominion
    Which will not pass away;
    And His kingdom is one
    Which will not be destroyed.

Thankyou so much
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7, Revelation 11:15.
    To This Day

Comment

Thanks Mark.

I'd like to give others the chance to respond before i reply, so please be patient

Comment

Matthew 24:29-31, 25:31-46, Revelation 19:11-20:6.

In othyer words, Danoiel 7 is the OT confirmation of Revelation 19-20. In fact, I find that the whole of Daniel 7 is the OT confirmation of Revelation 13-20. It is the condensed version, minus some of the Vials of wrath that is written in Revelation 16.

Comment

Reigning with Christ on new heaven and earth forever.

Yes, Rev 11:15
          "Your name and renown
          is the desire of our hearts."
          (Isaiah 26:8)

Comment

It's the second coming.
            ----------------------------------------------
            When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Keep trying...not even close

Comment

Dear jeffweeder, our Father is God, and Jesus is God given all power from the Father and Jesus will reign as God for 1000 years. The Father is the Ancient of days in Daniel 7:13, but we also see a reference to Jesus the judge as the Ancient of days in Daniel 7:9-10. Then in Daniel 7:14 it says of Jesus: "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."

Daniel 7:22. "Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom." Here is where that the Ancient of Days is Christ Himself. At this time prophesied, Jesus is in power as absolute King of kings and passes out the duties of the saints.

Jesus is also shown as the Ancient of Days in Revelation 1:11-18 when He says of Himself: V11 am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. V14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; compare this with the description of the Ancient of Days in Daniel 7:9 where it said: "the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire."

Then when everything is brought under the control of Jesus ruling as the Ancient of Days for the 1000 years, 1 Corinthians 15:28 tells us that "when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."
                Whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
                  Keep trying...not even close
                  Uh oh, I smell something really weird coming. Please just spill it.
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Understand that is Daniel's third vision of this chapter.

chapter 7
                    Daniel saw
                    visions

plural

So the reader must seek out where each begins and ends.

first vision
                    four great beasts
                    up from the sea

second vision
                    a fourth beast
                    ten horns
                    the little horn plucks up three of the first horns

first?
                    Yes! Not three of the ten - but three of the amount that Daniel saw first.
                    http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Dan 7 parallels many of the events that you find throughout the Bible. What you are seeing here is a "condensed" version of the events that are outlined in Revelation beginning with Chapter 4 but mostly Chapter 5. It is important to note that the events seen in these visions take place in Heaven and not on the Earth as you will see in Dan Ch 11 and 12.

These verses speak of Jesus' ascension into Heaven. He is the one referred to as "like a Son of Man".
                      "I kept looking in the night visions,
                      And behold, with the clouds of heaven
                      One like a Son of Man was coming,

Acts1:9. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

These next verses parallel the events in Rev Ch 5. Because these next events place Jesus at the throne of God, I disagree that it is anything other than His ascension rather than His second coming.
                      And He came up to the Ancient of Days
                      And was presented before Him.

Rev 5: 7. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

The rest is echoed in Rev as well. Again, if you read on in Rev 5 you see many of the same statements made.
                      "And to Him was given dominion,
                      Glory and a kingdom,
                      Might serve Him.
                      And His kingdom is one

Rev 5:12. Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, honour, and glory, and blessing.
                      13. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Now to parallel a bit more for you just so you can see that the events in the night visions are referencing the same events in Heaven. When you read Dan Ch 7 a bit further you see these verses:

Dan 7: 10. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him

Rev 5:11. And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
                      James 3:3
                      Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Acerohombre
                        These verses speak of Jesus' ascension into Heaven.
                        BINGO, thanks Ace.

When has Jesus ever been presented before the father, except at the ascention?

If it refers to the second coming, why is he presented before him, when he just left his side?

He is given a kingdom and people of every tribe that they MIGHT serve him.
                        Again ,if this is refering to the 2nd coming, "might serve him" doesnt fit. If you havent served him by the time he comes again you may be in a spot of bother...

sorry have to go...back soon
                        Last edited by David Taylor; Oct 13th 2008, 02:36 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote-tag syntax

Comment

Hmmm, with that said, reading the whole of Dan 7, what implications does this have with the the little horn?

Some may think this a little foolish and out in left field, but i dont know it all, but it looks to me as its possible that it is talking about the ascention. Thought id ask the qu.
                          Anyone help me .

Third Hero----i saw your posts that were edited out and want you to know that i didnt have a amil adgenda when i raised this. It was an observation that i wanted to discuss despite the obvious difficulties. I dont apply my pre concieved ideas when studying scripture to make it fit to what i think. I see something interesting here thats all brother.

Maybe i am stupid, but you dont have to rub it in....anyway thanks for deleting them.

Comment

Brothers and Sisters,
                            Would you mind giving your opinion as to what this scripture refers too

13 "I kept looking in the night visions,
                            14 "And to Him was given dominion,
                            Glory and a kingdom,
                            Might serve Him.
                            And His kingdom is one

Thankyou so much
                            Jeff,
                            We have an OT prophecy depicting the Son of Man, another name for Jesus Christ; ascending into Heaven in victory, being given power and glory and honor above all things.

I see the above scripture passage as being fulfilled in these later NT scriptures:
                            • "JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. " Luke 1:32
                            • "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;" Philippians 2:8
                            • "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. And it came to pass, while Jesus blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. " Matthew 28:18, Luke 24:51, Mark 16:19
                            • "And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. " Acts 1:9

Comment

Brothers and Sisters,
                              Would you mind giving your opinion as to what this scripture refers too

13 "I kept looking in the night visions,
                              14 "And to Him was given dominion,
                              Glory and a kingdom,
                              Might serve Him.
                              And His kingdom is one

Thankyou so much
                              First of all, this scene occurs in heaven, as evidenced by the Son of Man coming up to the Ancient of Days, which we know is God the Father. Since this event takes place in heaven then that is good evidence that this event occurred when Christ ascended to heaven at the right hand of the Father. Compare the text from Daniel 7 above to this passage:

Ephesians 1
                              19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
                              20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
                              22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
                              23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Seems to fit quite well with Daniel 7:13-14.

Comment

Working...
                              X