The head in the sand attitude some people seem to have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The head in the sand attitude some people seem to have

Below is a snippet of a convo I had with an old friend regarding the current financial crisis and the end times.

ME:i would not be suprised at all in the 10 nations/curency comes out of this
    like much of Europe has already done

FRIEND:I'm just sick of it all... it's just money, yeah it stinks and I feel bad for old people but young people just need to get over it. It's just money, we're still young, we'll get it all back and more ... our whole lives are ahead of us.... people need to concentrate on other things in life besides money...
    huh? I don't get that first sentence...
    what nations/currency what??

ME: at some point the world will be down to 10 unions with 10 national currencies

FRIEND: ha! you reckon? I don't think so

ME: this is not just bible prophecy crazy talk, the options are already on the table being considered

FRIEND: liek yeah the Euro is in most of the EU countries

but I don't think lets say african countries will ever unite and share currency...

ME: if i remember correctly I think Africa is split in two
    but anyways Im not all that sure about the monetary system
    i just know Jesus is going to come back sometime and its foolish to think he won't come back at all in our lifetime

FRIEND: hehe yeah...well we'll never know until that moment comes

ME: I guess I could say the mark of the beast is the final nail in the coffin on the monetary system but what happens up till then, im not sure

FRIEND: heheyeah...*
    but hey... on the positive side of all of this. Churches in Iceland are seeing growth ... cause when everything is uncertain like right now... people go to church! so hopefully...something will happen in their thinking and they'll realize they need God

END

So I'm not saying it was a horrible conversation, but when I started taking our current events and started talking about Bible Prophecy I got a whole bunch of these!

Like I was some crazy luny conspiritist! Ok I will admit she went to Hillsong Church for many years, and while they write great worship music all of their preaching is so positive never negative, they all kind of have a pie in the sky attitude down under. I know, I've been there. I'm sure she thinks the sun shines out of her bottom. Well this attitude just frustrates me to no end.
    Last edited by quiet dove; Oct 13th 2008, 05:30 PM. Reason: change of term used

just remember...no one listened to noah.

Comment

Originally posted by paradiseinn View Post
      just remember...no one listened to noah.
      People told me the EXACT same things when I doubted that the 1980's were the final days.

Comment

Dear little sister, never be disappointed when you talk about God to anyone because God will take things you didn't think made any difference and turn it into what He wants to do in that life. Have you ever been to church and thought that preacher must know my problem because his message is just for me, and God made sure you heard it. You may have been the only one noticing that portion of scripture mentioned that day. God's word never comes back void; it accomplishes that which He wants it to do; wait on the Lord and watch the results and it may take much time. You may be surprised when your friend depends on you for an answer to something spiritual in the future.

God bless you and your testimony in the precious name of Jesus -
        Whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus

Comment

it's deal little brother

Comment

Originally posted by Forgiven Alaskan View Post
            Below is a snippet of a convo I had with an old friend regarding the current financial crisis and the end times.
            I fully support you on the Ten World Regions, it should be ready within 3 years, I reckon

I also serve Jesus by preparing Christians for the Tribulation and the Rapture. Some are scared, some do not believe me, but I still do it.

Keep on going !!!

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

And me, I see ignorance on both sides of the conversation.

Here is one example from Forgiven Alaskan:
              ME: at some point the world will be down to 10 unions with 10 national currencies

Where do you get this from scripture?

The entire conversation is so disjointed as well. There is no flow to it, as in from point to point in a natural progression.

That may be why you get so many

The 'mark of the beast' implies a single worldwide currency - not 10 - by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane Morse View Post
                The 'mark of the beast' implies a single worldwide currency - not 10 - by the way.
                Duane

Where do you get this from?
                With modern computers 10 currencies are a piece of cake.

Comment

Whatever.

Make up what you will.

If a single mark is given to buy and sell, it stands to reason that the 'currency' is singular!

Comment

Should we care about the end times? I'm convinced we shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by tt1106 View Post
                      Should we care about the end times? I'm convinced we shouldn't.
                      It depends on your interest.
                      I do care a lot and I regard it as my ministry to prepare Christians for the Last Days

Comment

The bible shows the ten go attack other places,

so guys - don't expect ten world regions to fulfill the Daniel 2 - and 7 prophecies.

Watch for 13 horns - plus Iraq.

Iraq's little horn will pluck up three of those - and the remaining ten will join willingly with the beast of Iraq to conquer Israel and other places.
                        http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

ME:i would not be suprised at all in the 10 nations/curency comes out of this
                          like much of Europe has already done

FRIEND:I'm just sick of it all... it's just money, yeah it stinks and I feel bad for old people but young people just need to get over it. It's just money, we're still young, we'll get it all back and more ... our whole lives are ahead of us.... people need to concentrate on other things in life besides money...
                          huh? I don't get that first sentence...
                          what nations/currency what??

FRIEND: ha! you reckon? I don't think so

ME: this is not just bible prophecy crazy talk, the options are already on the table being considered

FRIEND: liek yeah the Euro is in most of the EU countries

but I don't think lets say african countries will ever unite and share currency...

i just know Jesus is going to come back sometime and its foolish to think he won't come back at all in our lifetime

FRIEND: hehe yeah...well we'll never know until that moment comes

ME: I guess I could say the mark of the beast is the final nail in the coffin on the monetary system but what happens up till then, im not sure

FRIEND: heheyeah...*
                          but hey... on the positive side of all of this. Churches in Iceland are seeing growth ... cause when everything is uncertain like right now... people go to church! so hopefully...something will happen in their thinking and they'll realize they need God

END

So I'm not saying it was a horrible conversation, but when I started taking our current events and started talking about Bible Prophecy I got a whole bunch of these!

Like I was some crazy luny conspiritist! Ok I will admit she went to Hillsong Church for many years, and while they write great worship music all of their preaching is so positive never negative, they all kind of have a pie in the sky attitude down under. I know, I've been there. I'm sure she thinks the sun shines out of her bottom. Well this attitude just frustrates me to no end.
                          Not trying to hurt your feelings or anything here but if I was at the other end of that conversation I would have no idea what you were talking about. Without some scriptures to even try to understand what you were saying, my reaction would probably not be much better then her's...sorry. It was very confusing what you were trying to get at in other words...

God bless
                          Last edited by quiet dove; Oct 13th 2008, 05:31 PM. Reason: quoted material
                          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

The fact remains...Unless you have read your bible and scriptures and understand that your faith in Jesus is real,and that he will in fact return for a 2nd time to take the faithful away..many won't understand!

But to believe that,you also have to believe that Jesus was real and that he was crucified on the Holy Cross and then he died for everyone's sins....And then you have to believe that he rose again in 3 days after the crucifixion.

Jesus conquered death!

You can either believe it or you don't!

"To deny Christ is to deny his word....To deny his word is to deny his teachings....to deny his teachings is to deny his message....to deny his message is to deny his love for humanity....to deny his love for humanity is to deny holyness....and to deny holyness is to deny anything except your own selfish gratification....and to deny anything except your own self gratification is deny the Trinity....and to deny the Trinity is to deny any hope you have in meeting Jesus Christ!" by Aceinthehouse

You don't have to have the brains to get to heaven my fellow members,but you better have the heart!!

Comment

Actually, Africa is united, under the banner of the African Union. What they are trying to do now is squash all of the ethnic wars that has decimated the nations of Rwanda, Somalia, and Nigeria. The African Union is currently gaining momentum, with a constitution, something that even the EU does not have yet, and representatives of all of the African nations have signed it. The currency is still being worked out, but the main point that you might want to know is that Africa is considered to be one giant country now.

Comment

Working...
                              X