Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minutes before close, Dow Jones industrials up more than 800 points/and other...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minutes before close, Dow Jones industrials up more than 800 points/and other...

end times stuff that probably won't happen...

Dow sees biggest runup ever
    Blue-chip indicator jumps over 800 points, topping the 9,200 level, its biggest one-day advance on a point basis ever.

Ok I am going to say something and try very hard not to offend people on here as I love you all dearly...but I have a big problem with folks using very temporary things in this world as a measure as to how close we are to the tribulation/Second Coming. Things like this have happened in the past and also affected the whole world's economy too! And it will probably continue being up and down for awhile then settle back to normal. I just really think its wrong to gauge the whole time ends on this..though I realize to the benefit of many of you, you aren't just using this but also watching other things too of course and believe its all coming together...but if this one big thing you were watching doesn't go as you thought it would..then what? Do you watch for something else to happen then?

That is what I usually see happen on these things....first its wild fires ...or a major earthquake somewhere, bad spring weather ...then that all dies down and nothing more is said about it...then something new comes along and everyone says ok this is it! Then that dies down out of the media ...so everyone watches for something else...and its this constant jumping around watching world events that are always changing yet the bible doesn't change... that bothers me alot.

Its like what is everyone going to do if you know who doesn't get elected for president...then you will have to look for someone else to be the AC and then that person doesn't pan out either so you look for someone else. (I have seen this happening like that for many years). Meanwhile the board is FILLED with posts where people are totally convinced...carved in stone, this..whatever is happening at the time..is it! Its true! Time is short because of such and such events and would give their left kidney over cause its so true...then it all fades away as things die down and its off to pointing to something else.

Does anyone else have a problem with this besides me?

I truly, truly do not want to hurt anyone or make anyone angry...or offend. But this is what I see on here... Its just I am 47 years old and have see this happening my whole life...and it never pans out like everyone is convinced it should. Maybe the problem is we are looking at the 'world' for answer to bible prophesies? To the media we know never tells us the whole truth and distorts what it does tell us? I don't know. All I know is something isn't working here doing it this way...

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

I watch for the Palestinians to fall.
    http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

i am new here I see what you are saying I am only in my twenties and have seen this in my lifetime. I do agree, I would say Idk to much about this stuff but the Lord says to watch and be ready so all of the hype will probably never change but I think we should never completely claim a truth as to what will happen unless its in his word. Anyway I hope that made sense

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post

Blue-chip indicator jumps over 800 points, topping the 9,200 level, its biggest one-day advance on a point basis ever.

Ok I am going to say something and try very hard not to offend people on here as I love you all dearly...but I have a big problem with folks using very temporary things in this world as a measure as to how close we are to the tribulation/Second Coming. Things like this have happened in the past and also affected the whole world's economy too! And it will probably continue being up and down for awhile then settle back to normal. I just really think its wrong to gauge the whole time ends on this..though I realize to the benefit of many of you, you aren't just using this but also watching other things too of course and believe its all coming together...but if this one big thing you were watching doesn't go as you thought it would..then what? Do you watch for something else to happen then?

That is what I usually see happen on these things....first its wild fires ...or a major earthquake somewhere, bad spring weather ...then that all dies down and nothing more is said about it...then something new comes along and everyone says ok this is it! Then that dies down out of the media ...so everyone watches for something else...and its this constant jumping around watching world events that are always changing yet the bible doesn't change... that bothers me alot.

Its like what is everyone going to do if you know who doesn't get elected for president...then you will have to look for someone else to be the AC and then that person doesn't pan out either so you look for someone else. (I have seen this happening like that for many years). Meanwhile the board is FILLED with posts where people are totally convinced...carved in stone, this..whatever is happening at the time..is it! Its true! Time is short because of such and such events and would give their left kidney over cause its so true...then it all fades away as things die down and its off to pointing to something else.

I truly, truly do not want to hurt anyone or make anyone angry...or offend. But this is what I see on here... Its just I am 47 years old and have see this happening my whole life...and it never pans out like everyone is convinced it should. Maybe the problem is we are looking at the 'world' for answer to bible prophesies? To the media we know never tells us the whole truth and distorts what it does tell us? I don't know. All I know is something isn't working here doing it this way...

God bless
        As you know, I have the same problem. When we graft our prophetic biases, whichever side, onto present history, we can be thrown for a loop if things get better, or worse in a hurry. We, as Christians are in this for the daily 'grind', and Paul left some very good advice to the Ephesians:

Originally posted by Ephesians 6
        10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
        Paul told the Romans to give themselves, each day, as a sacrifice to God to be transformed into Ones who knew and understood God's will and investment in their lives...
        God happens!
        'I Can Only Imagine'

Bless the Beasts and the Children:
        http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

On cautionary note:
        Originally posted by ProjectPeter
        When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

Comment

I know what you mean. But it never hurts to be ready at all times. I feel that today may have been a one time to one week thing. I honestly don't think that the stock market will continue this way. But that is my own opinion. I think this may give everyone a false sense of security.

Comment

With all due respect, if you have a big problem with it.

Many do believe we are very much nearer the last days. It is not wrong to look for the signs of the season.
            Just because there have been many false signs, that does not mean we should stop looking.

A watchman does not stop keeping watch with great diligence, just because of many false alarms.

I guess that in the days of Noah, they thought it could not rain because they saw no clouds.

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Partaker of Christ View Post
              I guess that in the days of Noah, they thought it could not rain because they saw no clouds.

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
              Neither was Noah wrong about the specifics of the coming calamity. While I won't speak for Moonglow, we've seen over the past couple months some very specific interpretations of end-times events with pretty explicit accusations that those not accepting the interpretation need to be "shaken", "woken up", and "are in a spiritual stupor".

Trust me when I say I know the end is coming. Every day I pray and worry about what I can do to prepare. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with every interpretation that hits the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post

God bless

EXACTLY!
                Well put Moonglow!

We shouldn't refer to "current events / news headlines" to help interpret scripture. We should (and NEED TO) stay within the Bible itself for that.

The key to understanding "End Times" and the New Testament as a whole, is to have a better understanding of the OLD TESTAMENT.
                Learning the metaphors, & hyperboles used in the OT, as well as knowing the writing styles (Poetry, historical narratives, apocalyptic, etc..) is THE KEY in understanding the true context of NT scripture.

Don't look at CNN, or Wall Street as your guide to Revelation....
                Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                  Neither was Noah wrong about the specifics of the coming calamity. While I won't speak for Moonglow, we've seen over the past couple months some very specific interpretations of end-times events with pretty explicit accusations that those not accepting the interpretation need to be "shaken", "woken up", and "are in a spiritual stupor".

Trust me when I say I know the end is coming. Every day I pray and worry about what I can do to prepare. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with every interpretation that hits the boards.
                  We have seen it for a number of years, but again we will get many false alarms. Of course we do not agree with every interpretation, but we should 'watch' and 'pray'

Jesus said that He would come as a thief. He said that when He comes, He would come quickly, and at a time we do not suspect.

Comment

I agree with you Moonglow... that doesnt make people complacement in looking for the Blessed Hope.... or anybody else who isn't making every earthquake or election the coming of the anti christ....

Instead of looking towards Wall Street one would just have to look at how TRUTH is being taken and distorted.. lies and untruths are accepted for Truth.. anybody who stands for Truth will be mocked and ridiculed.. calling 'evil' good and 'good' evil.. this done on a global scale and done thru man made 'religous' groups and movements.. as well as the planet as a whole.......

Many who stand for Truth.. will often find themselves like Jesus was before Pontious Pilate... and him asking Jesus...'what is truth?" standing in judgement and questioned by those who do not follow truth...

Taking a 'spiritual' pulse of peoples beliefs, who they follow ,and 'WHAT' they consider to be TRUTH.. would be much better than watching Wallstreet... its ups and downs.. and every time it goes low its the Tribulation or Great Tribulation...... or the mark of the beast...

In regards to Wall Street and the global economy...

Jesus own Words were that..

As it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in the coming of the Son of Man... they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded, they were given in marriage...

According to His words.. these will be very prosperous times... building, planting , buying, selling... I have a hard time with people who call any downturn in the Stock market .. the 'end of the world'.. 'Armeggedon.....or the start of the Tribulation... this does not match with what Jesus spoke about will be the 'climate' at His return..

Also in Noah's days they never believed him that it was going to rain.. The same today.. many don't believe the Jesus the Christ is physically returning to this earth.. they laugh, mock it.. even many in so called Christians groups or denominations... such is the same with His 2nd Coming.. the disbelief... it will be just as was in Noahs day.. when He went into the Ark.. and God Himself ' shut' the door... to the ark... the same with the 2nd Coming of Jesus the Christ...

His Own words were that it would come all those that dwell on the earth.. like a 'trap'.. to 'try' those that dwell on the earth... just as it was when Noah was building and the day He went into the Ark and God shut the door..

When they shall say 'peace' and 'safety'.. then shall sudden destruction come upon them...

We are to watch.. and pray always.. that we may be counted worthy to escape those things that are coming to this planet and its inhabitants.. and to stand before the Son of Man...
                    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
                    Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

The stock market rebounding for one day is also NOT a sign that things are "going back to normal". Completely away from the prophecy, the United States, and the world, has changed in an enormous way the past few weeks as our false wealth built on lies, credit and greed, has been called in. We are no longer, nor will we ever again be the economic superpower we were. The American century is over. Look, read, investigate the signs of the times. What we have considered "normal" is going away. And just like a women who just conceived a child, the first signs are going to be a lot smaller and subtle the actual process and outcome of having a baby.

As far as to what this has to do with end times, IDK.

Comment

"A charismatic candidate is running for president! It's the antichrist!" Who, FDR?

"The worldwide stock market is going downhill! The mark of the beast is coming!" You mean there'll be a second great depression?

"A huge war is coming that will involve the whole world! It's escalating in foreign countries!" What? World War II?

All of the alleged "signs" that people are clamoring about are things that have already happened in the past and on the same scale. Just because one (economically and politically) strong nation is on a downhill slope doesn't mean the whole world is coming to an end. Just because a certain political candidate has lots of attention and such doesn't mean he's the antichrist.

A number of decades ago, people were living through a terrible economic depression, saw the uprising of an incredibly charismatic political candidate, and witnessed the millions of people die. They at least had a good enough reason to believe they were living in the end-times because they were in the middle of events that at the least resembled prophecies found in the Bible. We, on the other hand, haven't even seen anything get fulfilled yet, and we're already shouting "The end is near"?

What is going on here is people are calling out "Wolf!" before they even see one.
                        To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by OneTime View Post
                          The stock market rebounding for one day is also NOT a sign that things are "going back to normal".
                          Completely agree. But its funny how many people will say "one day isn't a rally". Especially in the face of all those who went end-times crazy when the DOW first dropped by 400 in one day a month ago.

Originally posted by OneTime View Post
                          We are no longer, nor will we ever again be the economic superpower we were. The American century is over. Look, read, investigate the signs of the times.
                          Since you've been to the future, could you answer some questions for me on an upcoming horse race?

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, both pro and con. I realize this is a touchy subject. I also am not so naive to think we are out of the woods in regards to what happened in the stock market. Alot of damage has been done that can't be undone though I am hoping the little guy (which is many of us) won't be hurt so badly if the stock market does start doing better...and I realize one good day might mean it stays good or not.. as I said I image it will be very up and down for awhile but it will stabilize. But honestly...when we have a huge drop people go on and on about it..have a really good day and its gets wrote off?

American doesn't have to stay being a great nation to have any impact on the end times either. Nations have risen and fallen in the last two thousand years and beyond and will continue to rise and fall. I don't see that as being important.

I think theBelovedDisciple made some excellent points..why would the 'world' be concerned about anything if the market, along with other things, was going well? As in the description of Noah...why would the world be going about its business if everything was falling apart..whether through the markets or the weather or natural disasters to suddenly be taken by surprise. So maybe everyone is focusing on the wrong things! Just something to consider.

Also I am not saying we should stop looking by any means or not be on watch...I am just saying as some others pointed out...crying wolf all the time does cause people to get their hopes up...or their anxiety..depending on what they are watching for...then only to be let down time and time again and finally quit watching. Its harms our faith to keep doing this. We will grow complacence. Its the danger they talk about in warning those in Florida time and time again to get ready for this terrible hurricane...get boarded up and leave..then nothing happens or its only minor. After so many false alarms people stop listening and won't leave. The same thing is happening here. People stop listening to those sounding the alarm after years of so many false ones...

When I first joined this board in 2002...well after they got enough members...lol...the focus on the end times was ON Israel...on what Islam was doing...on all the major religions..On the church and how so many were falling into corruption...on how many Jews were coming to Christ...that sort of thing. Much more on the spiritual rather then the material and seemed to make more sense actually in regards to scriptures.

Of course the media was paying more attention to Israel then because of the suicide bombers...but why is our attention so manipulated and directed by what the secular media is talking about? Should it be that way? Seems like the rest of the world is forgotten on here by many (not all) unless there is something major in the media going on...big earth quake (which all these people live on fault lines so its going to happen) some big bombing...otherwise the only time I see Israel mentioned is in regards to scriptures but not what is happening over there now. If the media doesn't report it we don't know! We have no clue! We are totally relying on a secular media to give us information to then try to match with scripture...(if we are even suppose to be doing that I am really questioning)

When Jesus talked about watching the signs of the times what was He watching? The money market? Money was a big thing to many then too. How many of you know how the economy worked back then?

Was He talking about who the next Roman ruler might be? If that ruler might be worse then the last? What was His main focus in the time He was here?

Seems like to me His biggest focus was on the current religion...on the spiritual corruption or well being of the Jews..then the gentiles. The focus has always been on the spiritual.

I don't know what all the answers are to this...I just know we keep going down the rabbits hole and popping back up only to start all over again and its really going nowhere.

God bless
                            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I just want to mention that I have been watching these events closely over the last several years. And although, I do not want to be an alarmist, I want to bring out some extremely important information that we all need to know. We have witnessed some incredible events financially this past month that I might add, have NEVER happened before in history. Of course markets have fallen especially in a time of war when one side looses the conflict, but what we are seeing is a huge transfer of wealth and the markets are adjusting wildly. However this is not what is unique. All governments around the world are coming together with a plan to revitalize the global economy. Just this past weekend, our capitalistic government has decided to take equity positions in stocks. Granted they are preferred stocks, but it is still ownership in lieu of an infusion of capital in the private sector. This alone is an important part of history especially living in a democratic society, but more importantly, we are seeing governments around the world up the anti enormously to protect adjusting markets. Now the importance to us as Christians is what happens when the markets free fall even with government intervention? A new system has to be established.

I never ever thought the government would have interceded this drastically to protect the major money centers. I always assumed they would allow the markets to adjust accordingly and then step in to protect the worker who is at the core of all economies. However, instead of stimulating the people’s ability to work they stimulated their ability to borrow more efficiently. There is a trade off on the maintenance of credit markets, but the one major factor that always rules the credit market is ones ability to pay back a loan based on people’s real income. If oil spikes substantially with the governments of the world so deeply influenced in the markets, it could lead to a radical change in the way we live because then our very own governments will be busted.

In simple terms, the governments of the world have sweetened the pot considerably in order to maintain status quo.

Again, I do not want to be an alarmist because so many of you are tired of reading predictions of what is to come. We all know what the scripture basically says is to come, and we read it and debate it everyday. But what we are witnessing just may very well be the preclude to how governments intervene in the future. And at some point they may have to unite to cover loss bets that they can not cover. I am not predicting these things will happen tomorrow so don’t go out tomorrow and “put” the market because these markets should stabilize. I do see stabilization of the markets for a while. But it is how this world came together and acted in concert to resolve the situation (especially the equity position) that has left me stunned for the moment. Good post moonglow in bringing comfort to all by calming fears of failed prophesy predicted. And I am soooo sorry for posting my concerns, but with all we have witnessed, I did have to speak out.

God Bless.

PS Please do not be concerned from what I have written because God will always look out after his flock. I just think it gives me great faith to know that we stand on his rock so that we can weathered any storm that comes against us with his help!

Matthew 7:24-25 24 "Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock.

Matthew 6:26-32 26 Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 28 "And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? 31 "So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X