Revelations interpreted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revelations interpreted?

I am a Catholic, and I would like to get your perspective on this interpretation of Revelations.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTefB...wvPAXMEfmQdJQU

It is rather in the middle of the discussion, but this I think is better. This way if you don't find it biblical you can just move on, and if you do find it atleast interesting you can start from 1.

I think that it is a very accurate interpretation, especially the parts about the old Roman Enpire, and the new. Obviously, I think that there are a few parts to it that the Brothers got a little too over confident on, and were wrong about.

If the link doesn't work just search: is the world about to end? mhfm1

Re: Revelations interpreted?

I think it is totally inaccurate.

The mark of the beast is a mark placed on/in the right hand or the forehead. He is talking about the Euro currency that is external to ones body.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Comment

Originally posted by Adstars View Post

The mark of the beast is a mark placed on/in the right hand or the forehead. He is talking about the Euro currency that is external to ones body.

The pope is not the seventh king. He is not the beast. He is the False Prophet and the leader of the ten kings (nations?) is the Beast. The Beast is the political/military leader and the False Prophet is the religious leader.
      I've been throwed outta better places than this.

Comment

Originally posted by 400constantine View Post
        I am a Catholic, and I would like to get your perspective on this interpretation of Revelations.

It is rather in the middle of the discussion, but this I think is better. This way if you don't find it biblical you can just move on, and if you do find it atleast interesting you can start from 1.

I think that it is a very accurate interpretation, especially the parts about the old Roman Enpire, and the new. Obviously, I think that there are a few parts to it that the Brothers got a little too over confident on, and were wrong about.

This was very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

So much od Revelation is figurative speech, how can we be sure the mark is physical?

Comment

Originally posted by 400constantine View Post

Sounds made up to me, I had to push myself to get past the 666 on the euro coin, I counted 12 stars and 12 straight lines=24 not 18. Like some above said the mark will be on our foreheads or hands. I think and it's only my opinion that we should look to the old bible lands for end time movement, especially Egypt.

Comment

The indication is that it will be how/what you think (forehead) and how/when you work (right hand). Think days here.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Now how'd that get there?

Comment

Originally posted by Odelia View Post
                So much od Revelation is figurative speech, how can we be sure the mark is physical?
                Because it has to do with a human interaction of buying and selling items. If you have the Mark you will be able to buy and sell but if you do not have the mark you will be unable.

Using symbolic interpretations of the Mark of the beast is a mistake.

Comment

Being as there is so much symbolism in this book it is difficult for myself to think this is literal.

Here is a way to look at it from the symbolic perspective...

The mark on the forhead. Well the head is where our brain is, right? Head meaning knowledge?
                  The mark on the hand? Could this mean extending fellowship to the beast?

To me the "mark" is a mindset. Not an actual symbol. Not a tattoo, a coin, microchip and so on. If someone cears the mark their mind is set on the beast, and so are their actions...

Does this make sense to anyone?

Comment

Because it has to do with a human interaction of buying and selling items. If you have the Mark you will be able to buy and sell but if you do not have the mark you will be unable.

Using symbolic interpretations of the Mark of the beast is a mistake.

Daniel was thrown in to the lion's den because he would not relinquish his religon. He had no mark. It was his heart and mind that caused him to be punished.

Also, since God does not judge someone according to their appearance, I find it hard to believe that something PHYSICAL will determine someone's fate. God judges the soul. The heart of man. Things not seem be man.

Comment

Originally posted by MyCoolUsername View Post
                      Being as there is so much symbolism in this book it is difficult for myself to think this is literal.

Here is a way to look at it from the symbolic perspective...

The mark on the forhead. Well the head is where our brain is, right? Head meaning knowledge?
                      The mark on the hand? Could this mean extending fellowship to the beast?

To me the "mark" is a mindset. Not an actual symbol. Not a tattoo, a coin, microchip and so on. If someone cears the mark their mind is set on the beast, and so are their actions...

Does this make sense to anyone?
                      Read post #7 above

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                        Read post #7 above
                        hahahaha! Can I say that I am half awake right now and did NOT see that post?

Sorry!

Comment

hahahaha! Can I say that I am half awake right now and did NOT see that post?

Sorry!
                          Not a problem, just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by John 8:32 View Post
                            Not a problem, just wanted you to know that you are not alone in this thinking.
                            I am glad to see someone like you on here! Seems like you put humor in your statements too, as well as I.

Comment

Daniel was thrown in to the lion's den because he would not relinquish his religon. He had no mark. It was his heart and mind that caused him to be punished.

Also, since God does not judge someone according to their appearance, I find it hard to believe that something PHYSICAL will determine someone's fate. God judges the soul. The heart of man. Things not seem be man.
                              It is the mark, showing the allegiance and worship of the Beast, thus the heart. It is not getting a physical mark that is the problem, it is the reason coming from the heart that is that results in getting the mark that is the problem.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X