Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you listen to Hal Lindsey, Tomorrows world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you listen to Hal Lindsey, Tomorrows world?

I Guess I'm just lookin' for some feed back, or what people think about sites like the Hal Lindsey report or Tomorrows world? Both are sites with programming that discuss Biblical prophecy and worldly events and how they pertain to prophecy. What are everbodys feeling on these websites? Anyone care to comment? Please. God bless u.
    -I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord-

Originally posted by leebee View Post
    I Guess I'm just lookin' for some feed back, or what people think about sites like the Hal Lindsey report or Tomorrows world? Both are sites with programming that discuss Biblical prophecy and worldly events and how they pertain to prophecy. What are everbodys feeling on these websites? Anyone care to comment? Please. God bless u.
    Honestly, I personally don't think Hal's "information" has any validity.
    I think his interpretations of a lot of scripture are way off base, & inaccurate.

When he claims God gave him the knowledge to understand Revelation, because nobody has ever, up until HIM, been able to interpret it, that send up many red flags.

When he says John was a time traveler, & was trying to describe his limited understanding of our modern day technology with words from his day..... it's just not Biblical.

Hal Lindsey is notorious for putting his own personal meanings into scripture. His ideology for end times is more "sci-fi" than truthful.

That's my contribution.
    Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Comment

Why the History Channel gives any creedance to both him and Benny Hinn on their documantaries on Revelation, and Antichrist: Zero Hour is beyond me. Both have no genuine understanding of Revelation whatsoever, completely rejecting its first century context as irrelevant in favor of flexible and fanciful futurist interpretations. He was definitely the forerunner for Jack Van Impe, John Hagee and the other so-called prophecy experts.

Comment

Originally posted by markdrums View Post
        Honestly, I personally don't think Hal's "information" has any validity.
        I think his interpretations of a lot of scripture are way off base, & inaccurate.

When he claims God gave him the knowledge to understand Revelation, because nobody has ever, up until HIM, been able to interpret it, that send up many red flags.

When he says John was a time traveler, & was trying to describe his limited understanding of our modern day technology with words from his day..... it's just not Biblical.

Hal Lindsey is notorious for putting his own personal meanings into scripture. His ideology for end times is more "sci-fi" than truthful.

That's my contribution.
        Pretty much my feelings on the man. Remember that he is making a nice living off of this stuff. He HAS to find a way to make TODAY'S pieces fit into Bible prophecy or no one would care about his stuff.

Comment

No, I used to listen some to Hal back in the 70s; but he has made too many false prophecies and too many faulty misapplications of current events to have kept my trust.

It just my opinion, but it seems to me that ole Hal (and some other endtime 'experts') just use endtime predictions and newspaper eschatology to create a lucrative business for himself.

You would get much better use of your time, instead of watching supposed Endtime Experts on TV; to rather spend that same time studying the scriptures related to endtime events; and see where the Holy Spirit leads you in your study.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
            No, I used to listen some to Hal back in the 70s; but he has made too many false prophecies and too many faulty misapplications of current events to have kept my trust.

It just my opinion, but it seems to me that ole Hal (and some other endtime 'experts') just use endtime predictions and newspaper eschatology to create a lucrative business for himself.

You would get much better use of your time, instead of watching supposed Endtime Experts on TV; to rather spend that same time studying the scriptures related to endtime events; and see where the Holy Spirit leads you in your study.
            I have to agree. There is a lot of money to made from this sensationalism.
            "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

http://www.evangelicaltruth.com/

WPM

Comment

Hal Lindsey made some false predictions regarding a 1982 planetary alignment and a 1988 Second Coming in his movie "Late Great Planet Earth".

Same goes for Southwest Radio Church.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post

me too in the 70's also...use to eat up his stuff...but no more!

God bless
                "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by wpm View Post
                  I have to agree. There is a lot of money to made from this sensationalism.
                  Do you mean DISPEN-sensationalism???

*Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!
                  Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherry W View Post
                    Hal Lindsey made some false predictions regarding a 1982 planetary alignment and a 1988 Second Coming in his movie "Late Great Planet Earth".

Same goes for Southwest Radio Church.
                    Oh yeah!!!
                    There's a large number of people & TV / Radio shows who fit into that category.

THEN, you have the whole "Word of Faith" / "Name it & Claim it" movement..... YIKES! That's a whole topic of it's own!

But, with Hal Lindsey, & Jerry Jenkins heading up the "Left Behind" viewpoint, (And making a fortune!) it's no wonder there are so many others on that bandwagon.

I admit, the concept of "left behind" makes for some interesting sci-fi entertainmnet....... but that's about it.
                    There's not enough Biblical substance to make it worthwhile for me personally.

Comment

Here is a question I have about Hal...

Is he the one that started this whole idea that Israel had to become a nation again before the return of Christ? Sure seems like it was him. Most of the scriptures used on that from the OT were already fulfilled...in the OT...since Israel was destroyed..or scattered, many times over. I think it was him that came up with the idea the fig tree in Matthew 24 meant Israel becoming a nation again ignoring what Luke 21 has to say about the fig tree (and ALL trees). Anyway...was it him or someone else that started that whole thing? Anyone know?

God bless
                      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by markdrums View Post
                        Do you mean DISPEN-sensationalism???

*Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!

WPM

Comment

Well doggonit someone's gotta stand up for the guy. Let it be me.

Now I don't watch him that often, but when I do I find his information intriguing. There's nothing wrong with trying to put what is happening today into a Biblical perspective, just weigh what he says.

I'd also like to say that if you don't know how much money someone makes, then your assumptions are out of line. I believe that Hal's book Late Great Planet Earth was the top selling non fiction book in the 70's, yes the whole decade. This was way before the current trend of "Left Behind" books.

Lastly, if not being 100% correct 100% of the time concerning prophecy is a prerequisite for expressing one's opinion, then lets close this puppy down.
                          Acts 17:11

Comment

There are some things I keep track of for entertainment purposes.

Then there are things I keep track of for the sake of digging up truth.

Hal Lindsey, honestly, is a little of both. He's not all wrong ... but neither is he all right.

His book "Satan is alive and well on Planet Earth" was an eye opener for me as a baby Christian. But that's pretty much where it stopped for me as far as relevance. His interpretation of Revelation never did sit right with me.
                            Last edited by quiet dove; Oct 15th 2008, 06:57 PM. Reason: last sentence out

Comment

Originally posted by Khoolaid View Post
                              Well doggonit someone's gotta stand up for the guy. Let it be me.

Now I don't watch him that often, but when I do I find his information intriguing. There's nothing wrong with trying to put what is happening today into a Biblical perspective, just weigh what he says.

I'd also like to say that if you don't know how much money someone makes, then your assumptions are out of line. I believe that Hal's book Late Great Planet Earth was the top selling non fiction book in the 70's, yes the whole decade. This was way before the current trend of "Left Behind" books.

Lastly, if not being 100% correct 100% of the time concerning prophecy is a prerequisite for expressing one's opinion, then lets close this puppy down.
                              These left behind novels actually had an opposite affect to that intended, it caused people to go to the Scripture for truth and reality. Today Pretrib is in gradual decline. People are fed up with these money merchants and the error and speculationalism and sensationalism within their books.

WPM

Comment

Working...
                              X