Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ƒσяєяυииєя View Post
    One thing:

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: Joel 2:28

Maybe when you be in certain place or writting the meaning of these will be given to you, for this happened to Ellen G. White. around 1800`s.

Fareyewell
    Ellen G White was a false prophet who mislead alot of folks during the 1800s; and still quite a following of people even in the 21st century.

Guarantee that Joel 2 (nor Peter in Acts 2) were pointing forward to Ellen G White....a false prophet who misleads God's people is not who either Joel or Peter had in mind.

She taught that Jesus would come in the 1850s, taught that Jesus' atonement was not complete on the cross, taught the unorthodox doctrines of soul-sleep and annihilationism, claimed her prophecies to be infallible; and taught that people were living on the surface of Jupiter; just to name a few problematic areas with her teaching.
    Jesus is YHWH the eternal Great I AM.
    • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
    • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
    • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
    • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
      Ellen G White was a false prophet who mislead alot of folks during the 1800s; and still quite a following of people even in the 21st century.

Guarantee that Joel 2 (nor Peter in Acts 2) were pointing forward to Ellen G White....a false prophet who misleads God's people is not who either Joel or Peter had in mind.

She taught that Jesus would come in the 1850s, taught that Jesus' atonement was not complete on the cross, taught the unorthodox doctrines of soul-sleep and annihilationism, claimed her prophecies to be infallible; and taught that people were living on the surface of Jupiter; just to name a few problematic areas with her teaching.
      I bought one of her books by accident a couple of years ago. Some people were going door to door selling Christians books and this one seemed interesting...suppose to be about the end times. At the time I didn't know who she was...started reading it then saw a post about her on the board... So I threw out the book...hate wasting money like that.

God bless
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by Richard H View Post
        No problem, MoonGlow.

People didn’t understand Jonathan Swift, when he wrote “A Modest Proposal”.
        But then again, I’m no Jonathan Swift.

'Just tryna' get people thinkin'
        lol...

Nothing wrong with getting people to think!

We all need to do more of that. I know when I first came here I was SO spoon fed what other preachers said was true that I just assumed they were craved in stone and correct! Not bothering to 'think' it through....to go back to those scriptures and take a closer look...

When I finally realized how badly I was influenced this way (not dissing listening to preachers...but how we tend to take their words as 'gospel')...I stopped any outside influences on my bible studies for a long time. And took a fresh look at the scriptures...instead of pe-conceived ideas I had held most of my life.

It was rather painful to discover some of these preacher I held in such high esteem were wrong on some things...or that my understanding of what they were saying was wrong. Now I am much, much more careful about what I believe anyone saying...including people I admire on this board. In other words, I think...

pray

God bless
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
          I have seen these brides or bridesmaids time and time again and have come to believe they are the churches...the Christian churches gone bad...very bad. Apostate. I don't think we need to be looking for the government as our enemy or another nation or religion at this point but at ourselves. (not saying those things won't play into things)

Who wanted Christ on the cross in the first place?

Who wanted all His disciplines dead?

His own religion. (I am NOT pointing at the Jews!) We have gone beyond that now haven't we? What is our religion now? Why were all the Christian churches in the beginning of Revelation scolded except one? Why all the warnings about false prophets and teaches?

Maybe I am way off track here...maybe someone else will be guided by this and put the pieces together. After all we are made up of many parts of one body which is suppose to all work together.

God bless
          But not so alone on that track
          "Let no man deceive you"

I also am "man" - this includes myself !

Comment

Originally posted by IamBill View Post
            But not so alone on that track
            lol ...thanks...

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
              Ellen G White was a false prophet who mislead alot of folks during the 1800s; and still

quite a following of people even in the 21st century...

She taught that Jesus would come in the 1850s, taught that Jesus' atonement was not complete on the cross, taught

the unorthodox doctrines of soul-sleep and annihilationism, claimed her prophecies to be infallible; and taught that

people were living on the surface of Jupiter; just to name a few problematic areas with her teaching.
              Hello David,

Just a comment:
              Well so much stuff, and so little time.

We`re not to judge a book by its cover, one even could read posts about her on a board, or wherever, but they can

say whatever thing of whomever, but if one doesn`t read, (maybe you have read) and base one`s opinion of

someone`s teaching in someone else`s saying or opinions, thinking, it could be not the truth.

She taught that Jesus would come in the 1850s,
              "In explaining Daniel 8:14, "Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed," Miller,

as has been stated, adopted the generally received view that the earth is the sanctuary, and he believed that the

cleansing of the sanctuary represented the purification of the earth by fire at the coming of the Lord. When, therefore,

he found that the close of the 2300 days was definitely foretold, he concluded that this revealed the time of the

second advent. His error resulted from accepting the popular view as to what constitutes the sanctuary. G.C, 352.

Yet God accomplished His own beneficent purpose in permitting the warning of the judgment to be given just as it was.

The great day was at hand, and in His providence the people were brought to the test of a definite time, in order to

reveal to them what was in their hearts. The message was designed for the testing and purification of the church.

They were to be led to see whether their affections were set upon this world or upon Christ and heaven. They

professed to love the Saviour; now they were to prove their love. Were they ready to renounce their worldly hopes and

ambitions, and welcome with joy the advent of their Lord? The message was designed to enable them to discern their

true spiritual state; it was sent in mercy to arouse them to seek the Lord with repentance and humiliation.

The disappointment also, though the result of their own misapprehension of the message which they gave, was to be

overruled for good. It would test the hearts of those who had professed to receive the warning. In the face of their

disappointment would they rashly give up their experience and cast away their confidence in God's word? or would

they, in prayer and humility, seek to discern where they had failed to comprehend the significance of the prophecy?

How many had moved from fear, or from impulse and excitement? How many were halfhearted and unbelieving?

Multitudes professed to love the appearing of the Lord. When called to endure the scoffs and reproach of the world,

and the test of delay and disappointment, would they renounce the faith? Because they did not immediately understand

the dealings of God with them, would they cast aside truths sustained by the clearest testimony of His word?

This test would reveal the strength of those who with real faith had obeyed what they believed to be the teaching of

the word and the Spirit of God. It would teach them, as only such an experience could, the danger of accepting the

theories and interpretations of men, instead of making the Bible its own interpreter. To the children of faith the

perplexity and sorrow resulting from their error would work the needed correction. They would be led to a closer study

of the prophetic word. They would be taught to examine more carefully the foundation of their faith, and to reject

everything, however widely accepted by the Christian world, that was not founded upon the Scriptures of truth.

With these believers, as with the first disciples, that which in the hour of trial seemed dark to their understanding would

afterward be made plain. When they should see the "end of the Lord" they would know that, notwithstanding the trial

resulting from their errors, His purposes of love toward them had been steadily fulfilling. They would learn by a blessed

experience that He is "very pitiful, and of tender mercy;" that all His paths "are mercy and truth unto such as keep His

covenant and His testimonies." Great Controversy, 354.

The message of salvation has been preached in all ages; but this message is a part of the gospel which could be

proclaimed only in the last days, for only then would it be true that the hour of judgment had come. The prophecies

present a succession of events leading down to the opening of the judgment. This is especially true of the book of

Daniel. But that part of his prophecy which related to the last days, Daniel was bidden to close up and seal "to the time

of the end." Not till we reach this time could a message concerning the judgment be proclaimed, based on the

fulfillment of these prophecies. But at the time of the end, says the prophet, "many shall run to and fro, and knowledge

shall be increased." Daniel 12:4.

The time of expectation passed, and Christ did not appear for the deliverance of His people. Those who with sincere

faith and love had looked for their Saviour, experienced a bitter disappointment. Yet the purposes of God were being

accomplished; He was testing the hearts of those professed to be waiting for His appearing. There were among them

many who had been actuated by no higher motive than fear. Their profession of faith had not affected their hearts or

their lives. When the expected event failed to take place, these persons declared that they were not disappointed;

they had never believed that Christ would come. They were among the first to ridicule the sorrow of the true believers.

That which led to this movement was the discovery that the decree of Artaxerxes for the restoration of Jerusalem,

which formed the starting point for the period of the 2300 days, went into effect in the autumn of the year 457 B.C.,

and not at the beginning of the year, as had been formerly believed. Reckoning from the autumn of 457, the 2300 years

terminate in the autumn of 1844.

In their investigation they learned that there is no Scripture evidence sustaining the popular view that the earth is the

sanctuary; but they found in the Bible a full explanation of the subject of the sanctuary, its nature, location, and

services; the testimony of the sacred writers being so clear and ample as to place the matter beyond all question. The

apostle Paul, in the Epistle to the Hebrews, says: "Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service,

and a worldly sanctuary. For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and

the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary. And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the holiest of

all; which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden

pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; and over it the cherubims of glory

shadowing the mercy seat." Hebrews 9:1-5.

This is the only sanctuary that ever existed on the earth, of which the Bible gives any information. This was declared

by Paul to be the sanctuary of the first covenant. But has the new covenant no sanctuary?

Turning again to the book of Hebrews, the seekers for truth found that the existence of a second, or new-covenant

sanctuary, was implied in the words of Paul already quoted: "Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of

divine service, and a worldly sanctuary." And the use of the word "also" intimates that Paul has before made mention of

this sanctuary. Turning back to the beginning of the previous chapter, they read: "Now of the things which we have

spoken this is the sum: We have such an High Priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the

heavens; a Minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man." Hebrews 8:1, 2.

Here is revealed the sanctuary of the new covenant. The sanctuary of the first covenant was pitched by man, built by

Moses; this is pitched by the Lord, not by man. In that sanctuary the earthly priests performed their service; in this,

Christ, our great High Priest, ministers at God's right hand. One sanctuary was on earth, the other is in heaven.

Further, the tabernacle built by Moses was made after a pattern. The Lord directed him: "According to all that I show

thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it." And

again the charge was given, "Look that thou make them after their pattern, which was showed thee in the mount."

Exodus 25:9, 40. And Paul says that the first tabernacle "was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered

both gifts and sacrifices;" that its holy places were "patterns of things in the heavens;" that the priests who offered

gifts according to the law served "unto the example and shadow of heavenly things," and that "Christ is not entered

into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the

presence of God for us." Hebrews 9:9, 23; 8:5; 9:24.

In the temple in heaven, the dwelling place of God, His throne is established in righteousness and judgment. In the most

holy place is His law, the great rule of right by which all mankind are tested. The ark that enshrines the tables of the

law is covered with the mercy seat, before which Christ pleads His blood in the sinner's behalf. Thus is represented the

union of justice and mercy in the plan of human redemption. This union infinite wisdom alone could devise and infinite

power accomplish; it is a union that fills all heaven with wonder and adoration. The cherubim of the earthly sanctuary,

looking reverently down upon the mercy seat, represent the interest with which the heavenly host contemplate the

work of redemption. This is the mystery of mercy into which angels desire to look--that God can be just while He

justifies the repenting sinner and renews His intercourse with the fallen race; that Christ could stoop to raise

unnumbered multitudes from the abyss of ruin and clothe them with the spotless garments of His own righteousness to

unite with angels who have never fallen and to dwell forever in the presence of God.

But the most important question remains to be answered: What is the cleansing of the sanctuary? That there was such

a service in connection with the earthly sanctuary is stated in the Old Testament Scriptures. But can there be anything

in heaven to be cleansed? In Hebrews 9 the cleansing of both the earthly and the heavenly sanctuary is plainly taught.

"Almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. It was therefore

necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these [the blood of animals]; but the

heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these" (Hebrews 9:22, 23), even the precious blood of Christ. Great Controversy.

Significantly, the Day-Star Extra dated February 7, 1846, had been devoted to the Bible study of Hiram Edson and

O.R.L. Crosier in which they set forth from the Scriptures the evidence for the understanding that the two phases of

ministry in the earthly sanctuary service were a type of Christ's ministry in the heavenly sanctuary. Consequently,

according to Edson and Crosier, events that were to come to pass, beginning on October 22, 1844, were events taking

place in heaven. {1BIO 107.4}

Sorry It got long, but If you had any quotes backing up the rest of the things, you said EGW taught, it would be useful,

my friend.

Be good
              Last edited by ƒσяєяυииєя; Oct 18 2008, 07:43 AM. Reason: spaces* italics* add a parragraph, a date*
              Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

So having said that I would like to tell you what I saw in a vision the other day...I realize there is a dream and vision forum for this sort of thing but I hope to keep this on here for those that would know the matching verses for this better then I do. I feel this directly has to do with everything we talk about on here.

I saw the 24 elders in Heaven ..12 standing on each side of an tunnel in which ten Bridesmaids came out of all dressed in wedding gowns...these are more like brides then bridesmaids actually. I have seem similar scenes many, many times before. They walk down a walk way then up some stairs to the throne room..I already knew things were going to go bad...Have seen that before too and I didn't want to watch...I tried to look away but someone was standing beside me telling me I had to watch.

A little background quickly here. One time I saw them dancing one minute around Jesus and the next attacking Him...but the attack isn't a physical attack...its spiritual. While I was very shaken by this...not understanding...later I came to understand this is what these churches that distort God's Word do to Christ everyday. They wound Him...they abuse Him...they tear Him apart...His Words (The Word Becomes Flesh..John 1:14).

I was high above looking down at all of this..I saw mighty winged angels standing on each side of the throne room. Christ on His throne but then in comes the lovely and oh so beautiful brides with their black hearts.

This time there was no pretending ...no even fake worship...nothing nice at all and they seized Him and took Him down to the crystal lake with fire under it. The scene was horrible and next I saw Him, He was the beaten and whipped Christ with the purple robe hanging off His body as He stood barely hanging His head. One of the brides...I saw the back of her head change and mutant into something ghastly and then she was the head of the red dragon...

Revelation 12:3
                Then I witnessed in heaven another significant event. I saw a large red dragon with seven heads and ten horns, with seven crowns on his heads.

She absorbed all the other brides and their bodies became the dragons bodies and this thing...this horrible dragon roared and circled around Christ who was stills standing there, beaten and bloody. It grew and was huge and Jesus looked so small...the whole thing was very terrifying! But this man besides me kept saying to look..to watch..to see, even though I didn't want to see.

Then finally I was told to go to Him and so I ran from the high place I was down to Him and barely grabbed Him in time as He was lifted up and changed from what appeared to be this beaten defeated man into God. He became the bright morning star! (Revelation 22:16) His brightness literally blasted the dragon to dust..then the dust to ashes and then even the ashes shriveled away to nothing. And we rose up to the mountain where God the Father is in the thundering clouds.

I have seen these brides or bridesmaids time and time again and have come to believe they are the churches...the Christian churches gone bad...very bad. Apostate. I don't think we need to be looking for the government as our enemy or another nation or religion at this point but at ourselves. (not saying those things won't play into things)

His own religion. (I am NOT pointing at the Jews!) We have gone beyond that now haven't we? What is our religion now? Why were all the Christian churches in the beginning of Revelation scolded except one? Why all the warnings about false prophets and teaches?

Maybe I am way off track here...maybe someone else will be guided by this and put the pieces together. After all we are made up of many parts of one body which is suppose to all work together.

God bless

Moonglow,

You seem to have put the pieces together yourself okay.

Isaiah chapter 4 gives what Christ does about it all before He returns, (concerning the church side of things)

Merton.
                One can know a lot about the Bible and still not live righteously. Mat ch 23.

A little knowledge lived rightly is better that much knowledge lived wrongly.

Comment

and looking too much for the material, literal concerning the end times? And this is why so many of us have such clashing views?
                  As for clashing views, there are many people willing to offer opinions. There are far fewer people that consider carefully what they read/hear/see. Most people don't talk to God about these things. They also don't pay attention to the anointing feeling true words can bring when God has anointed someone for a work. To write a book to deliver messages, for example.

So many people want to read, theorize, hypothesize and to them will be the surprise!

There are many weeds in this field that you speak of and very few flowers.

God bless

Comment

So having said that I would like to tell you what I saw in a vision the other day...I realize there is a dream and vision forum for this sort of thing but I hope to keep this on here for those that would know the matching verses for this better then I do. I feel this directly has to do with everything we talk about on here.

I saw the 24 elders in Heaven ..12 standing on each side of an tunnel in which ten Bridesmaids came out of all dressed in wedding gowns...these are more like brides then bridesmaids actually. I have seem similar scenes many, many times before. They walk down a walk way then up some stairs to the throne room..I already knew things were going to go bad...Have seen that before too and I didn't want to watch...I tried to look away but someone was standing beside me telling me I had to watch.

A little background quickly here. One time I saw them dancing one minute around Jesus and the next attacking Him...but the attack isn't a physical attack...its spiritual. While I was very shaken by this...not understanding...later I came to understand this is what these churches that distort God's Word do to Christ everyday. They wound Him...they abuse Him...they tear Him apart...His Words (The Word Becomes Flesh..John 1:14).

I was high above looking down at all of this..I saw mighty winged angels standing on each side of the throne room. Christ on His throne but then in comes the lovely and oh so beautiful brides with their black hearts.

This time there was no pretending ...no even fake worship...nothing nice at all and they seized Him and took Him down to the crystal lake with fire under it. The scene was horrible and next I saw Him, He was the beaten and whipped Christ with the purple robe hanging off His body as He stood barely hanging His head. One of the brides...I saw the back of her head change and mutant into something ghastly and then she was the head of the red dragon...

Revelation 12:3
                    Then I witnessed in heaven another significant event. I saw a large red dragon with seven heads and ten horns, with seven crowns on his heads.

She absorbed all the other brides and their bodies became the dragons bodies and this thing...this horrible dragon roared and circled around Christ who was stills standing there, beaten and bloody. It grew and was huge and Jesus looked so small...the whole thing was very terrifying! But this man besides me kept saying to look..to watch..to see, even though I didn't want to see.

Then finally I was told to go to Him and so I ran from the high place I was down to Him and barely grabbed Him in time as He was lifted up and changed from what appeared to be this beaten defeated man into God. He became the bright morning star! (Revelation 22:16) His brightness literally blasted the dragon to dust..then the dust to ashes and then even the ashes shriveled away to nothing. And we rose up to the mountain where God the Father is in the thundering clouds.

God bless

I totally agree, I had even made mention of the AC coming out of the church herself at some point in the recent past. It's sad, but the church indeed can't bare to hear the truth...when it is spoken with some sort of authority out of concern for those who are choosing to follow false prophets, they attack. And the saddest part is many of whom I speak are "born again" believers.
                    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

2 John 1

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 John 2

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

Antichrist spirits proclaim a false gospel under the guise of the real. It's not going to be some newfangled religion, and I honestly don't know why people are even looking for one, or guessing at it like it's something that's going to happen. It's a religion of Self under the guise of being "Christian" and having to do with "Jesus". And hey, guess what? It's already here. This is why Jesus warned that it would try to even deceive the elect if possible, because it's as close to Christianity like a cubic zirconia is to a diamond, except its essence is obviously not the same. But it looks close enough for many to fall for it. This is also why Jesus said if they say "hey look here is Jesus" not to fall for that either. The gospel the antichrist has with it, is another gospel of Jesus, without Him, but looking like it.

You figure it out ...

Comment

Originally posted by DaniHansen View Post
                        2 John 1

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 John 2

18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

Antichrist spirits proclaim a false gospel under the guise of the real. It's not going to be some newfangled religion, and I honestly don't know why people are even looking for one, or guessing at it like it's something that's going to happen. It's a religion of Self under the guise of being "Christian" and having to do with "Jesus". And hey, guess what? It's already here. This is why Jesus warned that it would try to even deceive the elect if possible, because it's as close to Christianity like a cubic zirconia is to a diamond, except its essence is obviously not the same. But it looks close enough for many to fall for it. This is also why Jesus said if they say "hey look here is Jesus" not to fall for that either. The gospel the antichrist has with it, is another gospel of Jesus, without Him, but looking like it.

You figure it out ...
                        Yep...especially since the bible says there is nothing new under the sun...

Your comment and Saved, and others reminded me of dream I had forgotten.
                        I was on a beach to a lake and people were in intense worship around a cross on which Jesus hung stuck there in the sand...all praying, singing, very into their worship...at first it appear it was the real thing...but then Jesus was standing beside me and I saw it was just a statue of Him on the cross. He and I walked right past these people yet no one saw Him...the real Jesus as they were too focused on this image. The impact of that was stunning to me. And the pain is His face was wrenching. And reminds me of this verse

Matthew 15:7-9 (NLT)
                        7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote,

8 ‘These people honor me with their lips,
                        but their hearts are far from me.
                        9 Their worship is a farce,
                        for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.’

The New King James Version has it like this:

Matthew 15:7-9

7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:
                        8 ‘ These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
                        And honor Me with their lips,
                        But their heart is far from Me.
                        9 And in vain they worship Me,
                        Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

The point of all of this is He REALLY is watching...He really is there among us and He really is being affected by what we do. I sometimes think we are all trying so hard to reach Him...be touched by Him, make the connection, have a prayer answered, a sense of Him...when those thing happen its fleeting...like a breeze touching our cheeks and while we have the head knowledge He is with us...we don't truly think about how what we are doing is having an affect on Him. We don't have the heart knowledge.

Yet when Jesus was here on earth He wept, He showed anger, He showed frustration, He showed love...why would He no longer react to what we are doing simply because we can't see Him?

Gee, I just gave myself something to think about...

God bless

Comment

You just reminded me of something I heard preached on the radio the other day. Which I find odd, since I can't ever seem to bring myself to listen much anymore to anyone, it's all bible as you say you had done in the past. And you are right BTW, too many people seeking an experience to the point that we get lost after we have been found.
                          Anyway, this man said something about how we are the temple of God. The way he explained it, it really hit home. Our bodies really do not belong to us, our bodies are God's bodies, they belong to HIM! He just let's us use them (our bodies)is pretty much what I got out of it. And as such, we have absolutely no right whatsoever to sin against our bodies.
                          That got me thinking about how we sin in our hearts and physically every day without so much as thinking about how it must be affecting our Lord.

These bodies are HIS TEMPLE, He actually dwells in a temple that is made without hands, in a temple that we call our body.

Romans 12:1-2 is what comes to mind.
                          Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Saved7 View Post
                            You just reminded me of something I heard preached on the radio the other day. Which I find odd, since I can't ever seem to bring myself to listen much anymore to anyone, it's all bible as you say you had done in the past. And you are right BTW, too many people seeking an experience to the point that we get lost after we have been found.
                            Anyway, this man said something about how we are the temple of God. The way he explained it, it really hit home. Our bodies really do not belong to us, our bodies are God's bodies, they belong to HIM! He just let's us use them (our bodies)is pretty much what I got out of it. And as such, we have absolutely no right whatsoever to sin against our bodies.
                            That got me thinking about how we sin in our hearts and physically every day without so much as thinking about how it must be affecting our Lord.

These bodies are HIS TEMPLE, He actually dwells in a temple that is made without hands, in a temple that we call our body.

Romans 12:1-2 is what comes to mind.
                            So which temple do you think the Bible speaks of where the antichrist sets itself up as god, wanting to be worshipped?

Comment

That was an interesting vision. God spoke to me that it was real.

One thing that struck me is the person you see as Christ could have been you.

The sinful church will persecute the bride. The true bride has been transformed into the image of Jesus Christ. That's why they hate it.
                              Just as they killed Christ they will kill those of us who are part of it.
                              When we're fully prepared we will be called up to the throne to be with Christ.

Marvel not that the world hates you.
                              In Christ,
                              Dave

Revelations 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Comment

God bless
                                I think you are spot on, everyone has there own edited version of the truth, people (christians) dont love each other anymore they tear each other down. No one wants to do it God's way anymore they have the own comfy ways to go about God's busines, no worries though because God is assembling his true church. Those who will worship him in spirit and in truth, those who will hold fast to his word and stand up for righteousness according to Gods very will.

Praise God!
                                I will sing of your works & your mighty ways
                                My Rock & My Salvation
                                Who will hide me in the time of trouble?
                                Who is like the lord, so full of gace and truth!

Comment

Working...
                                X