No announcement yet.

Where To Find Posttrib Believers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Where To Find Posttrib Believers???

What is your opinion on this-------------which denomination, if any, believes the church will be involved in the last days?
    Is there such a one, or are we individuals from all denominations?
    I came from a catholic background (believe it or not).
    Which did you come from?
    I am inquiring because I want to know where is the most likely place that I should look for likeminded believers? This weighs heavily on my mind.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.
    MAY WE IN EVIL'S HOUR, TRUTH'S SWORD WITH BOLDNESS WIELD

Originally posted by TexasBeliever View Post
    What is your opinion on this-------------which denomination, if any, believes the church will be involved in the last days?
    Is there such a one, or are we individuals from all denominations?
    I came from a catholic background (believe it or not).
    Which did you come from?
    I am inquiring because I want to know where is the most likely place that I should look for like minded believers? This weighs heavily on my mind.
    Well you can pretty much rule out the Babtist Churches.. They are pretrib. with individuals inside that are silent dissenters for the most part.

Non-denom churches are a good bet... which means a lot of searching in your area. Maybe someone else on here can help.
    Dragonfighter1
    Vivo est Ministro

Comment

I am one of the silent dissenters.

I grew up Methodist. The rapture was rarely mentioned...I just assumed they were pre-tribbers.

I became Baptist....I assume they, too, are pretribbers. The rapture is rarely mentioned there either.

I have listened to some Seventh Day Adventist radio....probably where I picked up my initial curiousity about the post-trib view.

I am a little familiar with Presbyterians.

Which leaves me basically alone in my post-trib beleifs. I do not personally (aside from this board) know any other post-tribbers.

My immediate family knows my beliefs. But mostly I remain quiet and learn what I can, have anxious moments alone....in hopes of being able to help others if the need should arise in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
        Well you can pretty much rule out the Babtist Churches.. They are pretrib. with individuals inside that are silent dissenters for the most part.
        The preacher in the Southern Baptist church I grew up in was a publicly declared Post-Tribber.

Post-Tribbers are scattered everywhere you go. I'm not aware of any one place where we are concentrated. Yet. After the Tribulation starts, we'll be everywhere.
        Last edited by Literalist-Luke; Oct 18th 2008, 06:53 PM. Reason: typo
        ----------------------------------------------
        When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
          The preacher in the Southern Baptist church I grew up in was a publicly declared Post-Tribber.

Post-Tribbers are scatters everywhere you go. I'm not aware of any one place where we are concentrated. Yet.

Yeah, but your from Texas! SO your preacher would be willing to speak up wouldnt he!
          Dragonfighter1
          Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
            Yeah, but your from Texas! SO your preacher would be willing to speak up wouldnt he!
            I grew up in the Oklahoma City area.

----------------------------------------------
            When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Just wondering where you get that information from Dragonfighter? I know lots of very intelligent Baptist and most of them do not believe in the pre-trib POV. In fact, most of them will tell you they don't know, and really don't think anyone does either. I am Baptist and that is where I stand on the issue as well. I don't know for sure one way or the other and though there are some that think they have it nailed down, I don't think anyone will know with 100% certainty until after it happens.

Comment

The Ev. Lutherans do not believe in a pre-trib rapture. (At least, the WELS Synod doesn't).
                In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke

Post-Tribbers are scatters everywhere you go. I'm not aware of any one place where we are concentrated.
                  Well we seem to be pretty concentrated here.

Yet. After the Tribulation starts, we'll be everywhere.
                  Good one.
                  Last edited by Saved7; Oct 18th 2008, 11:04 PM.
                  Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

...I want to know where is the most likely place that I should look for likeminded believers? This weighs heavily on my mind.
                    Here is the most likely place to look for likeminded believers...

Comment

Originally posted by cavscout View Post
                      Just wondering where you get that information from Dragonfighter? I know lots of very intelligent Baptist and most of them do not believe in the pre-trib POV. In fact, most of them will tell you they don't know, and really don't think anyone does either. I am Baptist and that is where I stand on the issue as well. I don't know for sure one way or the other and though there are some that think they have it nailed down, I don't think anyone will know with 100% certainty until after it happens.
                      I went to a baptist Univ, and attend a baptist church. If you mentioned post trib at univ they burned you at the stake. Same in all the local churches I attended. Obviously there are exceptioons anmd the further north you go the more open they are to difference. But I was personally burned at the stake at Univ several times (I just got reincarnated)
                      Dragonfighter1
                      Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Fair enough DragonFighter, but there is a word in your response that is key, A univ. and A church. I agree, a lot of Southern Baptist would lean to the pre trib side, but I assure you there are just as many out there that would lean to the post trib side if they had to make a decision one way or the other.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
                          I grew up in the Oklahoma City area.

I hear that Texas team is pretty good this year...

And no, I am not from Texas. I am a Penn Stater myself.

Anyway, I believe that the post-tribbers are widely scattered among the pre-trib churches in this land. I was lucky to find a church in my area that deviated from the pre-trib model, even if it was just slightly. They are pre-wrath, which is what we call Mid-trib. But then again, my Pastor did say that the rapture is the signal of the end of the Great Tribulation, so that makes him a post-tribber too... And I think He is from Texas....

BTW, they are a non-denominational church. If any of you come to south-central PA area, come check out__________________________ in Carlisle. (Sorry, I am not going to provide free advertising for my Pastor's church. That would just be unfair.)
                          Last edited by third hero; Oct 18th 2008, 06:14 PM. Reason: Adding the BTW.

Comment

I am a Baptist, and I am a post trib believer. I don’t discuss it much at church because I think there are much more important topics to keep my mind on while worshiping. As for all you longhorns, I got two words for ya! Roll Tide!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saved! View Post
                              I am one of the silent dissenters.
                              Me, I'm just a dissenter. Actually, I happen to be at a Baptist church with a post-trib pastor. I did grow up in a Baptist church that was entirely pre-trib and went to a school that was as well. About a year ago I was introduced to the post-trib POV and the more I looked into it the more I saw that that was actually what the Bible taught.

ServantoftheKing

Comment

Working...
                              X