Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artificial Intelligence and the End Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial Intelligence and the End Times?

This is going to sound a little weird... But after having a really vivid dream and talking with awestruckchild about it, things just sort of "clicked" into place.

Revelation 13:15
    And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
    + Life (Strongs G4151); "pneuma", the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated.
    + Image (Strongs G1504); "eikon", an image, figure, likeness.

A while back I read a news article about how China had built a super computer that was much faster than what the United States had, and that the United States hasn't been developing any new super computers in recent time, as if not interested in beating the Chinese super computer's specs.

A little while after this, I was doing a search on quantum computers, because I had heard about it in a few scientific programs I've been watching, and I wanted to pull up some stats on it. Well, I wasn't disappointed. Apparently we haven't been trying to build another super-computer to match China's because we already have quantum computers... Which are 1000's of times faster than any super computer existing today, and with only 16 Q-bits! That's a HUGE leap in processing power, since 16 regular bits would be like comparing China's super computer to an Atarii 1600 system from back in the day.

The more I read, the more I was astounded. Now, I didn't make the connection to AI and the end times just yet. I was just thinking, "Man, I wonder what kind of video games I could play on THAT!"

I read that the technology for a room-temperature Q-bit chip was close to production, as currently they can only make them under certain conditions with very low temperatures. I also found out that the production process for Q-bits has been sped-up some how, and they can fit more than a few thousand Q-bits on a single chip! That's a COSMIC leap in computing power right there. It's like comparing a manned mission to the moon, to a manned mission to the other end of the galaxy.

Things are still in development, but, as you can see the technology is quickly being developed.

Put that idea on hold for just a moment now, and consider this in contrast to the above...

I sincerely believe that without a doubt, the end-times one-world system is Communism. If the whole world was united under the rule of a single Communist governing body, it would be quite easy for them to PURGE the world of religion. But on the flip side of that, if the world was united under a single Communist government, it would be based entirely on scientific study and the "betterment of humankind" through technology and such. Kinda like Plato's Republic, a dream finally come true for some of the most evil people that I believe to be pushing this agenda into the forefront of the public mind.

This could only happen after a great war, a horribly catastrophic event in human history which breaks the will of every human, to the point of just giving up. Humanity will be so utterly tired of war, they will cry out for peace.

1 Thessalonians 5:3
    For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    Their "Peace" is a false utopia, and it will be dangerous to live in a world controlled by Communists for those who have faith.

Back to quantum technology and AI...

Quantum computers work off of the most fundamental concepts of matter/energy, space and time. This is where it gets a little weird, but, if the world were united in scientific study under a one-world system without wars setting us back, and cooperation between every scientist and government in the world... How long would it be before they built a machine or computer that was somehow linked to the spiritual realm through the use of quantum technology? Would it be possible that a demonic entity could somehow manipulate these quanta, to bridge the gap between the spiritual and the physical?

Because if that is possible, then Revelation 13:15 makes complete sense. To me at least.

Anyone who didn't worship the image of the beast would be killed. Humankind would be united in their worship of artificial intelligence, or rather, technology being controlled by a demonic entity. Quantum computers could quite literally sift through all the information in the known world in a matter of seconds, and root out any person who has ever posted online of their love of Jesus Christ. It would be easy to find us all, and who knows what kind of other technology would be possible with all this that could speed up the process of a purge of religion from the face of the earth.

Hmmm...
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Re: Artificial Intelligence and the End Times?

Revelation 13 is talking about idolatry of a beast and its seven heads (explained in chapter 17 to be a kingdom and its seven kings). The word πνευμα is being used in the sense of 'breath', and εικονι is being used in the sense of an 'icon' (that is, an idol).

Going from that to 'worship of artificial intelligence' is a huge leap in imagination and speculation; it has no basis in the actual text of the book. Rather than trying to read the latest exploits of technology or world events into the book ('newspaper theology'), we should try to understand how the book would have been understood by the original readers, since John plainly says the book was written for the benefit of the whole Church (1.3), it was addressed to seven real churches in his own time (1.4,11) who were enduring real problems (2-3), and he expected them to be able to understand what he was saying (13.18; 17.9). No amount of 'wisdom' or 'understanding' could have helped those first-century churches realize that 'it was allowed to give breath to the icon' was about people worshiping supercomputers over two thousand years in the future.
    To This Day

Comment

I thought his post had validity.
      It wouldn't be that far of a stretch from where we are right now.
      I heard a girl on campus crying the other day. She had lost her phone thingy (don't remember what it was called but it is one of those that are nothing like MY cell phone. It is one of those that has many more bells and whistles.)
      So she was sobbing and a friend was trying to calm her, and she said: but you don't understand! That was my entire LIFE I just lost!! My entire LIFE was in there!

Ceegan, I have been a bit nervous about computers too. I got the idea in my head a while back that facebook made me a little nervous. I could explain why but it is a whole lot of little things added together, so it would sound just crazy. So I deleted my account. I really felt I had to.

So that girl on campus was already worshiping her phone thing. If we want to find out for sure whether something is an idol to us, the surefire way is to note our reaction if someone takes the thing or dents or scratches it. Cars, fine china, lawns, phones, etc. We can have a very wrong heart attitude toward all of them.

So, I think your post was thought provoking.

Comment

Originally posted by awestruckchild View Post
        Ceegan, I have been a bit nervous about computers too. I got the idea in my head a while back that facebook made me a little nervous. I could explain why but it is a whole lot of little things added together, so it would sound just crazy. So I deleted my account. I really felt I had to.
        It doesn't matter. Once your information is out there on the internet, it's out there. You can't take it back. It's like a bullet leaving the barrel of a gun, you can't stop it.

You IP address can be linked to your physical address, and all sorts of data can be compiled in a matter of seconds with the use of quantum computers. huge servers compile vast amounts of data, and archival databases let people see what web pages looked like in the past. You'd have to physically destroy all the hard drives that have your information on it to be truly invisible to the system... And when it comes to the internet, you'd have to travel all over the world to do that.

I don't think deleting my FB account will do much. I've commented on news articles, other forums besides this one, and all kinds of stuff about Jesus and the bible. They got my number if they really want it, and I don't care.
        John 10 (KJV)
        28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
        29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Comment

Yes, I understand that.
          What made me more nervous though was....sort of like...what it was DOING to us.
          It's a lot of different things that go into my nervousness.
          The biggest one was how it made people...seek the....approval of one another and...I don't know - it was just the whole spirit surrounding it that I didn't like...it almost felt like....reality tv. But it also felt like...some sort of...spider web...

Comment

Originally posted by awestruckchild View Post
            Yes, I understand that.
            What made me more nervous though was....sort of like...what it was DOING to us.
            It's a lot of different things that go into my nervousness.
            The biggest one was how it made people...seek the....approval of one another and...I don't know - it was just the whole spirit surrounding it that I didn't like...it almost felt like....reality tv. But it also felt like...some sort of...spider web...
            Well yeah. But FB is no different than this forum, it's just a different format.

You "like" someone's post on FB, and here we have rep, voting up on a thread, etc.

Attention seeking; trying to fill a gap that can't be filled except by God Himself. Here at least, we talk about God and stuff. On FB, it is pretty devoid of anything with regards to the bible or Jesus.
            John 10 (KJV)

Comment

Yes, as far as someone being able to find out things about you, I guess this forum is pretty much the same. Less of the trying to impress others and gain their approval in here though.
              But yeah, you're right.

Comment

Very interesting thoughts, but I would argue that islam will come to be the end time religion and the power that rules all the world. I'd prefer communism over islam any day. Of course I'd prefer anything over the end times altogether.

I remember back in the 90's telling my mother I wondered if taking the mark of the beast would have anything to do with a computer chip that would tie into your brain. I said, consider that once you take the mark, you are doomed to hell according the Bible. But why is that? Is it the unpardonable sin? If not, then how can you be most certainly doomed? How is it you cannot turn back, change your mind, make a new decision? So I said, it would make sense if you were not able to do so because of the chip tied into your brain.

Well, of course back when I said it I hadn't ever heard of such a thing anyway and was only imagining and speculating and trying to tie in two concepts together to give some sort of possible explanation. Since then, well, they can tie in a chip to your brain.

Ah, but at this point in time, to fulfill my speculation would be most out of the question. I said at this time. But, in the not too distant future that will not be the case. Count on it.

Still, I have no idea if such a thing would ever be. I wouldn't even put money on it. It was nothing more to me than a thought that occurred to me.

But again, consider that if accepting the mark means you are forever doomed, and it does because the Bible says that, and if it is not the unpardonable sin, then something else must surely be at work here! Some other explanation is required. I ound it interesting anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
                  Very interesting thoughts, but I would argue that islam will come to be the end time religion and the power that rules all the world. I'd prefer communism over islam any day. Of course I'd prefer anything over the end times altogether.

I remember back in the 90's telling my mother I wondered if taking the mark of the beast would have anything to do with a computer chip that would tie into your brain. I said, consider that once you take the mark, you are doomed to hell according the Bible. But why is that? Is it the unpardonable sin? If not, then how can you be most certainly doomed? How is it you cannot turn back, change your mind, make a new decision? So I said, it would make sense if you were not able to do so because of the chip tied into your brain.
                  (snipped the quote for brevity)

Yeah I don't think it's just merely a chip or something physical. I'm only showing how it could be possible that the "image" of the beast comes to "life" through AI or some form of technology, like quantum computing. At least, this is what I am being led to believe.

Nothing can separate us from God except our own sin, and denial of God is a sin. Therefore under that premise, a purely one-world Communistic governing body would make sense as being the machine (driving force) for implementing a "mark" of the beast. And what I mean is, the mark of the beast doesn't necessarily have to be an acceptance of some specific religious system contrary to Christianity. All it has to be, is a rejection of God. Communism fits that "rejection" of God model.

I mean, Communistic nations are already very hostile to religions in general. Lots of Christians die in China and North Korea, but so do many Buddhists and such. What happens if they get control of the whole world? To be a part of their system, you have to give something up. It doesn't matter what religion you are, they'll re-educate you, send you to a labor camp, torture you, or kill you to get rid of religion. They're already doing it, just not globally.

So, if that's the case, then it doesn't take much more thought to say that some type of self-worship or technology-worship, is the mark itself.

"Look at us! Look at what we are capable of when we use our own intelligence to solve our problems, rather than relying on some archaic and ancient texts. Nothing but myths and legends; fair tales! There is no God. We are our own gods, and have built this ourselves. We control our own destiny, our own future, and you have SCIENCE to thank for that... Not some invisible man in the sky!"

But if someone rains on their parade, and proves them wrong, someone gonna die for it. Just like the Pythagorean cult who killed a guy that proved irrational numbers exist.

Crazy what people will kill another person for, isn't it? I mean come on, they killed a guy for proving that the square root of 2 exists! But I guess that's what "science cults" are capable of. What makes today any different?
                  John 10 (KJV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ceegen View Post
                    (snipped the quote for brevity)

Yeah I don't think it's just merely a chip or something physical. I'm only showing how it could be possible that the "image" of the beast comes to "life" through AI or some form of technology, like quantum computing. At least, this is what I am being led to believe.

Nothing can separate us from God except our own sin, and denial of God is a sin. Therefore under that premise, a purely one-world Communistic governing body would make sense as being the machine (driving force) for implementing a "mark" of the beast. And what I mean is, the mark of the beast doesn't necessarily have to be an acceptance of some specific religious system contrary to Christianity. All it has to be, is a rejection of God. Communism fits that "rejection" of God model.

I mean, Communistic nations are already very hostile to religions in general. Lots of Christians die in China and North Korea, but so do many Buddhists and such. What happens if they get control of the whole world? To be a part of their system, you have to give something up. It doesn't matter what religion you are, they'll re-educate you, send you to a labor camp, torture you, or kill you to get rid of religion. They're already doing it, just not globally.

So, if that's the case, then it doesn't take much more thought to say that some type of self-worship or technology-worship, is the mark itself.

"Look at us! Look at what we are capable of when we use our own intelligence to solve our problems, rather than relying on some archaic and ancient texts. Nothing but myths and legends; fair tales! There is no God. We are our own gods, and have built this ourselves. We control our own destiny, our own future, and you have SCIENCE to thank for that... Not some invisible man in the sky!"

But if someone rains on their parade, and proves them wrong, someone gonna die for it. Just like the Pythagorean cult who killed a guy that proved irrational numbers exist.

Crazy what people will kill another person for, isn't it? I mean come on, they killed a guy for proving that the square root of 2 exists! But I guess that's what "science cults" are capable of. What makes today any different?
                    Your thoughts on AI and the image of the beast and such, I would not say that it could not be so. You may very well be onto something. I would not think it out of the realm of possibility if I understand what you are saying correctly.

But a question if I may. Do the communist countries cut off the heads of people? And do you know why I ask that question? Think about it and you will understand why I think islam will rule.

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
                      Your thoughts on AI and the image of the beast and such, I would not say that it could not be so. You may very well be onto something. I would not think it out of the realm of possibility if I understand what you are saying correctly.

But a question if I may. Do the communist countries cut off the heads of people? And do you know why I ask that question? Think about it and you will understand why I think islam will rule.
                      In the French Revolution, it was VERY common to behead people via guillotine. The French Revolution was in fact a communist revolution of "enlightened minds" -- (Thank you, "The Enlightenment" period! [/sarcasm]). Who knows, it could make a comeback? Beheadings are, after all, very "humane". It's instant death if done right, or so I've been told. And we all know how humanistic the communists are!
                      John 10 (KJV)

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                        Revelation 13 is talking about idolatry of a beast and its seven heads (explained in chapter 17 to be a kingdom and its seven kings). The word πνευμα is being used in the sense of 'breath', and εικονι is being used in the sense of an 'icon' (that is, an idol).

Going from that to 'worship of artificial intelligence' is a huge leap in imagination and speculation; it has no basis in the actual text of the book. Rather than trying to read the latest exploits of technology or world events into the book ('newspaper theology'), we should try to understand how the book would have been understood by the original readers, since John plainly says the book was written for the benefit of the whole Church (1.3), it was addressed to seven real churches in his own time (1.4,11) who were enduring real problems (2-3), and he expected them to be able to understand what he was saying (13.18; 17.9). No amount of 'wisdom' or 'understanding' could have helped those first-century churches realize that 'it was allowed to give breath to the icon' was about people worshiping supercomputers over two thousand years in the future.
                        Great post! So many today are deceived into thinking the Revelation is for today, I feel for that trap myself for a while

Comment

Originally posted by whitetiger View Post
                          Great post! So many today are deceived into thinking the Revelation is for today, I feel for that trap myself for a while
                          Answer one question for me: Is this the millennial kingdom, right here, right now?
                          John 10 (KJV)

Comment

I think could be possible. It made me remember the Terminator. As in the end when Jesus returns, SOME may view him as just that. A Terminator. We will know different.

Rev
                            14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
                            Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
                            And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
                            Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
                            and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
                            1 Tim 6:10

Comment

Originally posted by Ceegen View Post
                              In the French Revolution, it was VERY common to behead people via guillotine. The French Revolution was in fact a communist revolution of "enlightened minds" -- (Thank you, "The Enlightenment" period! [/sarcasm]). Who knows, it could make a comeback? Beheadings are, after all, very "humane". It's instant death if done right, or so I've been told. And we all know how humanistic the communists are!
                              I thought the French revolution ended some time ago. Who cuts of people's heads these days? It was a Japanese custom too even into the last century, but it is no longer. In all the world, who does such a thing if not the muslims? And they often use a knife and not a sword, and that is neither quick nor humane.

Comment

Working...
                              X