• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End Of The Age Is At Hand

The Day Of The Lord And The End Of The Age Are At Hand

"Behold, I am coming like a thief." [rev 16:15]]
    "...the Day of the Lord will come like a thief." [2 pet 3:10]

"Behold, I come quickly..." [rev 22:12]
    "Near is the great day of the Lord, Near and coming very quickly..." [zeph 1:14]

i have done some rather extensive research in various subjects to see how they may relate to bible prophecy. when i began, i was quite skeptical of most of the material and additionally, felt overwhelmed and confused. however, as i progressed, the puzzle pieces that were fitting together were too astonishing to simply ignore.

one of the things the holy spirit does is inform believers of what is going to happen in the future. i truly believe it was god's intention that i research these things. it seems as though it was his way of saying, "here, consider what is before you. these things are soon going to take place."

the myan civilization was apparently obsessed with earthly and cosmic cycles and were able to forecast events with amazing accuracy (apparently even their own demise). contrary to what most people think, the myans did not forecast the end of the world, but rather the end of an age. this transition from one age to another, however, would involve cataclysmic events during our passing through what scientists refer to today as the galactic plain.

the bible says there will be an end to this present age:

"...what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” [mat 24:3]
    "...I am with you each and every day until the end of the age." [mat 28:20]

jesus makes it clear that the coming gog-magog war will create an unprecedented period of distress. then he says the following:

“Immediately after the suffering of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man arriving on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." [mat 24:29-31]

when describing these cosmic changes in the beginning of the passage, jesus is repeating the prophesies predicted by various old testament prophets, such as:

"The sunlight will be turned to darkness, and the moon to the color of blood, before the day of the Lord comes–that great and terrible day!" [joel 2:31]

"For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine."
    [isa 13:10]

now let's look at the description of the sixth seal of revelation and see if it describes these same events:

"Then I looked when the Lamb opened the sixth seal, and a huge earthquake took place; the sun became as black as sackcloth made of hair, and the full moon became blood red; and the stars in the sky fell to the earth like a fig tree dropping its unripe figs when shaken by a fierce wind. The sky was split apart like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place. Then the kings of the earth, the very important people, the generals, the rich, the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the one who is seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to withstand it?” [revelation 6:12-17]

it is therefore logical to conclude that the opening of the sixth seal marks the beginning of the "day of the lord", or the tribulation period comprised of judgments that take place prior to the second coming of jesus. the description of the "great earthquake" and sky being "split apart" and "rolled up like a scroll" is most likely describing a geographical pole shift. isaiah 24:20 seems to add significantly to this theory:

"The earth reels to and fro like a drunkard And it totters like a shack, For its transgression is heavy upon it, And it will fall, never to rise again."

we need to understand that a pole shift is an extremely cataclysmic natural disaster, which if were to occur, could wipe out everything on the planet.

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare." [2 peter 3:10]

these "rich" and "powerful" people described in the sixth seal who are apparently going to "hide" themselves in the earth are people of the upper echelons of society, such as the government.

my research has concluded, as preposterous as it may sound, that the united states government, among others, have been furiously constructing underground "bases" or bunkers. some people would go as far to say that there are actually underground "cities" in existence. if indeed these events are going to happen, surely the government is informed about them and will want to take necessary precautions for the survival of themselves and/or others.

these acts of taking refuge from the devastation of the pole shift has also been prophesied elsewhere:

"And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he arises to shake terribly the earth. In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats; To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he arises to shake terribly the earth."
    [isaiah 2:20]

also, could the FEMA concentration camps that are constructed all around the united states be for possible minor and precursor natural disasters before the pole shift? it is a possibility. they could also be utilized after the devastation of a terrorist attack, the upcoming gog-magog war, or both. or perhaps they are meant for something much more sinister than we can currently imagine.

another controversial subject is that of what is commonly known as nibiru or "planet-x". if we are going to pass through this "galactic plain", it will have enormous gravitational effects on surrounding heavenly bodies. and if indeed this planet-x exists, it would be pulled or "sucked" into close proximity to earth. the most prominent belief is that it is actually a 'brown dwarf star' and not a planet. brown dwarf stars are supposedly red in color due to its gas consisting of mercury. if this heavenly body were pass by earth, the red color would fill the sky. could this be what causes the "blood red moon"?

one of my christian brothers from the website "you tube" has made a great video regarding this subject that i encourage you to consider:

Nibiru And Jesus Prophecy

i am not a psychic, but i know there are going to be many people who will refute everything that has been said in this post merely because the words "mya", "FEMA camp", or "planet x" have been used. they are unfortunately doing so to their dismay. and this is fine with me, as i am not here to force people to accept my beliefs. i'm only sharing my insight in hopes of planting a seed. it is ultimately god's job to water it and make it grow.

the fact of the matter is that the end of the age is here, and we will begin witnessing the precursor events very soon (we already are with this current economic crisis). what will matter during these upcoming times is not if your eschatology is flawless, but rather if you have god on your side.

but the question is: will you indeed have god on your side during these future events? are you a "foolish virgin"? do you falsely believe yourself saved? what makes you so sure? just because you attend church regularly, read christian books, or are a member of a christian forum does not mean you are saved. in fact, many people do such things to ease their religious conscience.

now is the time to make sure you are a genuine child of god - that you genuinely have oil (the holy spirit) in your lamp (body). now is the time to make sure your faith has been sown on good soil during this period of what could be described as the calm before the storm.
    Last edited by immortality; Oct 22nd 2008, 07:32 PM. Reason: grammatical corrections

immortality

What do you mean by "The End of the age?"
    I also have done a lot of research into the Last Days and would like to discuss some of it with you

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

I would love to discuss it with both of you. You have my attention.

Comment

Can you provide some citations on these FEMA camps you speak of?

Comment

I've come to these same conclusions myself lately, but was afraid to post them here.

I think we are going to see a lot of very fast-paced changes happening globally in the next few short years in terms of politics, economy, spiritual upheaval, etc.

We all need to be reading our Bibles and praying daily and making sure our foundation is sure. Converting to Islam or whatever at sword point or in fear is not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by immortality View Post
            these "rich" and "powerful" people described in the sixth seal who are apparently going to "hide" themselves in the earth are people of the upper echelons of society, such as the government.
            Did you read the whole passage?

Revelation 6:15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

You kind of ignored the "every slave and every free man" part. It's not just "the rich and powerful". It's everyone.

The only problem with this sort of interpretation is that many of the instances in which we find prophecies in the OT about cosmic catastrophes (sun turning black, moon not shining, stars falling, etc.), they were almost all in reference to ancient, now-nonexistent nations. Jesus prophesied in like-kind as they did, but it is a big error to ignore that when Isaiah prophesied such-and-such about the sun/moon/stars, he was prophesying it over ancient [Nation]. And such cosmic prophesies were made over at least a few other ancient nations, all concerning different time periods. So to claim that when Jesus prophesied it that it means a giant planet is going to wreak havok on our solar system requires ignoring the context of those ancient prophesies that were fulfilled millenia ago; if Jesus was prophesying in like-kind, and Jesus' means that a giant planet is gonna fly by, then wouldn't that mean multiple giant planets flew by in the BC era since similar things were prophesied a number of times?

He also mentions that the moon that was blood red couldn't only refer to how it looks as a result of volcanoes erupting or from the planet reflecting light on it, and that Jesus prophesied it and "science is catching up". It seems like he doesn't know that the moon can appear red during certain lunar eclipses or solar eclipses. This doesn't even require any "science" to "catch up", since lunar eclipses have existed since... I dunno... as long as the moon orbited the earth? This doesn't require science. People in ~30 AD knew what a red moon looked like. Jesus could have just as easily been talking about an eclipse of the moon and/or sun in that case, not a "maybe" planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_e...hoto_galleries
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse#Types
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_e...rical_eclipses

Late in the video he attributes the "new heavens and new earth" to the alleged shift of the earth's axis and orbit caused by the passing planet. So according to him, a re-tilted earth results in a "new heaven and new earth" perspective. This is drastically taking Revelation 21 out of context. For one, just because the earth tilted a little and moved back a few degrees from the sun (how is this not going to destroy out atmosphere and thus everyone in it?) doesn't mean that we see a "new heaven". All of the other stars in the universe are going to remain where they were. Other than us, nothing else would have moved, so no, this would not equate us seeing a "new heaven". Second, the entirety of Revelation 21 is speaking of spiritual matters - no more sun for God's light filled everything, no more tears or death, New Jerusalem descending from heaven, the wicked will be outside of the city, etc. The man in the video is trying to hard to make the whole Revelation fit "scientifically" that he doesn't even pay attention to what the actual context of the chapter is.

Plus, the guy (and you) keep using words like "supposedly" and "possibly" and "if" about this planet... meaning you don't even know. It's all guesswork.

but the question is: will you indeed have god on your side during these future events? are you a "foolish virgin"? do you falsely believe yourself saved? what makes you so sure? just because you attend church regularly, read christian books, or are a member of a christian forum does not mean you are saved. in fact, many people do such things to ease their religious conscience.
            This almost seems accusatory, as if you know each and every person who is reading this and somehow have the justification to cast doubt on their salvation. Speak for yourself, but not others on this matter.
            To This Day

Comment

Please see the scripture below:

Matthew 12

32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Jesus spoke this Himself. There was an age that was currently happening and would change soon. We must see the context of who Christ is addressing. He is not addressing the 21st Century. He is addressing the 1st century and was very clear that an age is and would soon change. There are only 2 ages in scripture. The Old Covenant age and the New Covenant age. The Old Covenant age is and the New Covenant age (in Christ) was soon to be.

Matthew 24 I believe to be addressing the fall of the temple. This cannot be future. When Jesus stated that the then standing temple would be destroyed the disciples immediately understood that the destruction of the temple was the end of the Old Covenant age. The temple was the last sign of the Old Covenant. With it's destruction it was proof that God no longer dwelled in houses of stone but in his children who are now part of His kingdom.......us.

If we keep audience relevance in mind a picture emerges of the 1st century and not our time.

Comment

I thought the Preterist viewpoint was not allowed to be discussed on this messageboard?

Revelation 6:15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

You kind of ignored the "every slave and every free man" part. It's not just "the rich and powerful". It's everyone.
                Yup...EVERYONE is going to try to hide somehow...it's just that the rich and powerful are going to have bunkers and the rest of us schmucks won't.

Comment

Originally posted by SpokenFor View Post
                  I thought the Preterist viewpoint was not allowed to be discussed on this messageboard?

Yup...EVERYONE is going to try to hide somehow...it's just that the rich and powerful are going to have bunkers and the rest of us schmucks won't.

In a word or two what's a Preterist?

Comment

Originally posted by Veretax View Post
                    In a word or two what's a Preterist?
                    Wiki definition:
                    "Preterism is a variant of Christian eschatology which holds that some or all of the biblical prophecies concerning the Last Days or End Times refer to events which actually happened in the first century after Christ's birth. Because of its claims that Israel was supplanted by the Christian church at the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, Preterism has sometimes been identified as replacement theology. The term preterism comes from the Latin praeter, meaning "past". Adherents of Preterism are known as Preterists. fulfilled."

Comment

Full Preterism is not allowed since it states all scripture was fulfilled. Partial-Preterism is allowed since it does not deny that the physical second coming of Christ, Final Judgement, and the resurrection of the dead are future events.

I am Full Preterist but I can comment using the Partial-Preterist view which I do agree with and am simply silent on the other issues I disagree with.

You will find many Partial-Preterists here and they are not breaking any rules by this view.

God Bless!

Comment

This almost seems accusatory, as if you know each and every person who is reading this and somehow have the justification to cast doubt on their salvation. Speak for yourself, but not others on this matter.
                        I don't think it did. They were questions, not statements. Maybe we should define what an accusation is?
                        Main Entry: ac·cu·sa·tion
                        1 : the act of accusing : the state or fact of being accused 2 : a charge of wrongdoing

If you believe that, then you must also believe that Paul, and even John, were accusatory?

2 Corinthians 13:2-6

2I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:
                        3Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.
                        4For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
                        5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 6But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

He told us to examine oursleves...

1 John 2

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
                        2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
                        3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
                        4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
                        5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
                        6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
                        7Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
                        8Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
                        9He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
                        10He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
                        11But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
                        12I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
                        13I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
                        14I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
                        15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
                        16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
                        17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
                        18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
                        19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
                        20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
                        21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
                        22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
                        23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
                        24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
                        25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
                        26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
                        27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
                        28And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 29If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

The whole point of 1 John is to teach us how to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith.
                        Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Comment

Originally posted by Romulus View Post
                          Full Preterism is not allowed since it states all scripture was fulfilled. Partial-Preterism is allowed since it does not deny that the physical second coming of Christ, Final Judgement, and the resurrection of the dead are future events.

I am Full Preterist but I can comment using the Partial-Preterist view which I do agree with and am simply silent on the other issues I disagree with.

You will find many Partial-Preterists here and they are not breaking any rules by this view.

God Bless!
                          If you agree with the partial preterist view, why are you a full preterist?
                          Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Comment

Wiki definition:
                            "Preterism is a variant of Christian eschatology which holds that some or all of the biblical prophecies concerning the Last Days or End Times refer to events which actually happened in the first century after Christ's birth. Because of its claims that Israel was supplanted by the Christian church at the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, Preterism has sometimes been identified as replacement theology. The term preterism comes from the Latin praeter, meaning "past". Adherents of Preterism are known as Preterists. fulfilled."
                            Just a note of clarity. Preterism (full + Partial) does not believe that the Church replaced Israel. Gentiles were always meant to be part of the one vine. Just because the majority of Israel rejected the Gospel does not mean that the emerging Church replaced them, not at all.

Anyway, why must we forget the remnant that DID accept the Gospel. Remeber Peter, James, and the rest of the disciples and all the converts? They were all Jews. Israel did receive the Gospel. The ones who did not were not Israel. Christ was looking for the Israel of faith. Why else would Jesus state that Abraham was not their Father since they would not accept Him? Jesus said "if Abraham was your Father, you would accept me"? It was because the Israel of the flesh was not Israel. Faith in Christ is what made Israel.

Believing Israel became the first and then believing gentiles were grafted in making one people of God. There was no replacement.

Also, for clarity there are two branches of Preterism. Partial is allowed(Most fulfilled, some yet to be fulfilled), Full is not(all scripture fulfilled.)

Comment

Originally posted by jesuslover1968 View Post
                              If you agree with the partial preterist view, why are you a full preterist?
                              I don't want to derail this thread but I do agree with most of PP view so we are in agreement on about 80%. It is simply other future events I do not. It goes the other way around as well.

God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X