Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all those that don't live in the USA, I have a question for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all those that don't live in the USA, I have a question for you!

I would like to hear from those living in Australia, Canada, Africa, UK...and anywhere else that outside of the USA.

Here are my questions. Are you concerned that your country or nation is not mentioned in the bible..especially in regards to the passages on the end times?

Do you think that could mean your nation or country is wiped out before these events?

Or do you think your nation or country could be the Babylon mentioned in Revelation and if so, why?

List any other reasons you think your country may not be mentioned in the bible or end time passages.

The reason I ask this is because we read on here constantly from those living in the US, that they are concerned that their country isn't mentioned in the bible so think that means the US is destroyed before then or is the Babylon mentioned in Revelation. Personally I think they are placing way too much importance on one nation...but I guess its not uncommon to be concerned about your own nation in regards to bible prophecies but I just don't see those of other countries being concerned about there's! Maybe you are and I have missed those posts....

The bible doesn't mention hundreds if not thousands of countries by the way....

Thanks for your input.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
    I would like to hear from those living in Australia, Canada, Africa, UK...and anywhere else that outside of the USA.

Here are my questions. Are you concerned that your country or nation is not mentioned in the bible..especially in regards to the passages on the end times?

Do you think that could mean your nation or country is wiped out before these events?

Or do you think your nation or country could be the Babylon mentioned in Revelation and if so, why?

List any other reasons you think your country may not be mentioned in the bible or end time passages.

The reason I ask this is because we read on here constantly from those living in the US, that they are concerned that their country isn't mentioned in the bible so think that means the US is destroyed before then or is the Babylon mentioned in Revelation. Personally I think they are placing way too much importance on one nation...but I guess its not uncommon to be concerned about your own nation in regards to bible prophecies but I just don't see those of other countries being concerned about there's! Maybe you are and I have missed those posts....

Thanks for your input.

God bless
    We here in the Republic of Texas are just whistling a happy tune over it.

----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
      We here in the Republic of Texas are just whistling a happy tune over it.

Get out of here...you AMERICAN!...
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I think the UK has not been singled out because we're simply not important enough. We're a tiny island. We were a world power for a couple of centuries; we're not now and won't be again. In that sense, God has already judged us - He blessed us to be a missionary nation, and we lost the plot and are now wallowing in selfishness, greed and xenophobia. Yes we're the financial banking centre of the world, and look where that's led us - a big public quarrel with another tiny island, Iceland. If we feature anywhere, it'll depend on our standing in the EU. We're in but not fully in, as we've opted out from various clauses so far, and we're not using the Euro.

I'll be keeping an eye on what our foreign policy does about Israel, but I think the significant nations will be in the Middle East, plus Russia and possibly China.

Comment

OK, I'm Canadian.

Never considered it.

See above.

I really, really doubt it.

I don’t know if this actually answers your question, but maybe it does in a roundabout way.

As a Canadian, there often seems to be undercurrent of conceit to Americans, especially America Christians, with respect to their place in the world - the “light on the hill” so to speak. It’s hard to put it into words because it’s a subtle “feeling” that I get. Furthermore, because the US is the current pre-eminent power in the world this of course sets it up in people’s interpretation of End of Times scenarios. I imagine in the height of the British Empire similar things were being considered as well.
          Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
          Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
            OK, I'm Canadian.

Never considered it.

See above.

I really, really doubt it.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
            I don’t know if this actually answers your question, but maybe it does in a roundabout way.

As a Canadian, there often seems to be undercurrent of conceit to Americans, especially America Christians, with respect to their place in the world - the “light on the hill” so to speak. It’s hard to put it into words because it’s a subtle “feeling” that I get. Furthermore, because the US is the current pre-eminent power in the world this of course sets it up in people’s interpretation of End of Times scenarios. I imagine in the height of the British Empire similar things were being considered as well.
            Very insightful...thanks for your help on this.

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Bethany67 View Post
              I think the UK has not been singled out because we're simply not important enough. We're a tiny island. We were a world power for a couple of centuries; we're not now and won't be again. In that sense, God has already judged us - He blessed us to be a missionary nation, and we lost the plot and are now wallowing in selfishness, greed and xenophobia. Yes we're the financial banking centre of the world, and look where that's led us - a big public quarrel with another tiny island, Iceland. If we feature anywhere, it'll depend on our standing in the EU. We're in but not fully in, as we've opted out from various clauses so far, and we're not using the Euro.

I'll be keeping an eye on what our foreign policy does about Israel, but I think the significant nations will be in the Middle East, plus Russia and possibly China.
              Yea...good points you made there! Thanks for your input on this.

God bless

Comment

Maybe? Who cares really? If we are talking about the end of the world...why would I lament the end of the world?

Australia? Nah..we're too busy conquering cricket and Hollywood.

Australia wasn't discovered until the 17th century.....bible was written a few years before

Personally I think they are placing way too much importance on one nation
                What? Americans overstating their importance to the exclusion of other countries? Novel idea..

Comment

Originally posted by David161099 View Post
                  Maybe? Who cares really? If we are talking about the end of the world...why would I lament the end of the world?

Australia? Nah..we're too busy conquering cricket and Hollywood.

Australia wasn't discovered until the 17th century.....bible was written a few years before

What? Americans overstating their importance to the exclusion of other countries? Novel idea..

did you not just loose a test agains India????

Comment

Originally posted by bennie View Post
                    did you not just loose a test agains India????

Scraping myself off the floor here.....

Julie..... well...... uhmm

We are in G_d's will.... whichever way the cookie crumbles
                    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
                    God plants in our hearts
                    to remind us
                    there are better things ahead.
                    -Holley Gerth

Comment

Thanks for your input.

God bless
                      South Africa.

Answers to your questions:

No, no and no.

Err... oh, wait a minute.... The Southern hemisphere has never featured in any Bible prophecies?

I think the reason why so many Americans think about it that way is because some power is gonna lead the world as an all-powerful power in the last of the last days - and up until now, America has been one candidate for the position - simply because of its military and economic power .... but .... which power is represented by the feet of Nebuchadnezzar's image in Daniel 2, since the legs of iron represented the Roman Empire, and the feet still have the strength of the iron in them?

Or do them feet represent all nations which are still ruled by the descendants of those nations' European colonizers? That would inlcude North, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and a whole bunch of other islands.

ananias
                      "But you must not be called Rabbi, for One is your teacher, Christ, and you are all brothers.

And call no one your father on the earth, for One is your Father in Heaven.

Nor be called teachers, for One is your Teacher, even Christ."
                      (Mat.23: 8-10)

AND

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.

By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another."
                      (Joh.13: 34-35)

Comment

Hello Moonglow,

Costa Rica, hm who knows, but I am not sure and have to review but as some the plagues could be of a global character and others no for if it `d be so there wouldn`t be or survive the little flock.

Here is one:

And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. Revelation 16:8.

Global Warming from this point of view Costa Rica in my case could be in the list, who knows :]

Go well Moon
                        Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

I read through here and you know what struck me ...what I was the most impressed with? How humble all of you are..humble also in regards to your own countries. Being an American...its not something I ever hear from other American's. I wish we were as humble...maybe we would be doing better if we were!

food for thought anyway...

Tomorrow I will reply to individual posts....way too tired too tonight. Thank you all. I am happy to know each of you.

God's blessings on you all.

Comment

I read through here and you know what struck me ...what I was the most impressed with? How humble all of you are..humble also in regards to your own countries. Being an American...its not something I ever hear from other American's. I wish we were as humble...maybe we would be doing better if we were!

food for thought anyway...

Tomorrow I will reply to individual posts....way too tired too tonight. Thank you all. I am happy to know each of you.

God's blessings on you all.
                            Yes, there is always danger in being over-confident. Especially engaged to conflicts. Under-estimating enemies etc.

Blessed are the Meek for they shall inherit the earth.

Comment

Well the bible tells us all nations will go up against the camp of the saints. So I consider that to mention every know nation in the world. I don't think you need to worry about your nation or any other nation just yet.

Revelation 20:8-10
                              8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
                              John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                              X