No announcement yet.

Why you think we are in the end times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Why you think we are in the end times?

Just curious how other Christians feel about this since I hear the end times phrase being thrown around allot. If you support or don't support this view doesn't matter. I am just curious about your view. In order to keep this structured please post your reason for believing your viewpoint and any supportive evidence.

Thanks!

I believe we're getting close to the end of all this mess. "Close" can be interpreted rather widely, however. Could be 100 years from now but that would certainly be close considering how long the church age has been around so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Orendorf View Post
      I believe we're getting close to the end of all this mess. "Close" can be interpreted rather widely, however. Could be 100 years from now but that would certainly be close considering how long the church age has been around so far.
      I do not see anybody ruling in this world who fits the description of the man of sin described in the bilble. Therefore I do not believe we are in the end times as of yet.

Comment

I think we are begining to see a pull away from traditional christianity to a much more secular version of it and our culture is becoming increasingly hostile to christians but this could be from a number of things and does not necessarily indicate an end of times scenario.

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure what my End Times stance even is. There are parts of the Partial Preterist view that make sense. There are parts of the pre rapture, post rapture, futurist, etc. that make sense. I truly can't come to a conclusion of what is going to happen, let along look for the signs for it.

Comment

I believe that we are at the point of the 3rd seal and I watch for the Palestinians to fall. Iraq will come to the rescue - and the man of sin will begin to rule from Iraq at the 4th seal.
            http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
              I believe that we are at the point of the 3rd seal and I watch for the Palestinians to fall. Iraq will come to the rescue - and the man of sin will begin to rule from Iraq at the 4th seal.
              Iraq is in utter shambles how do you propose it would rescue anyone (not trying to come across rude just curious?)

Comment

Originally posted by ph33r View Post
                Iraq is in utter shambles how do you propose it would rescue anyone (not trying to come across rude just curious?)
                Have you looked at Zechariah chapters 5 and 6? Note the land area that is mentioned at the end of chapter 5.

Shinar

Iraq's land

At the time of this chapter - Babylon has already fallen. The last king of Shinar has ruled. Yet, Zechariah gets shown that Shinar will come back strong one day.

I see the part as to the stork as being - it is for the appointed time.

"To build it an house in the land of Shinar"

a palace
                A throne is to return again in the land of ancient Babylon's location.

It shall be established - means to start the kingdom.
                Where?

"set there upon her own base"

The same place the kingdom was before.

Comment

Have you looked at Zechariah chapters 5 and 6? Note the land area that is mentioned at the end of chapter 5.

Shinar

Iraq's land

At the time of this chapter - Babylon has already fallen. The last king of Shinar has ruled. Yet, Zechariah gets shown that Shinar will come back strong one day.

I see the part as to the stork as being - it is for the appointed time.

"To build it an house in the land of Shinar"

a palace
                  A throne is to return again in the land of ancient Babylon's location.

It shall be established - means to start the kingdom.
                  Where?

"set there upon her own base"

The same place the kingdom was before.
                  I know certian people feel that as soon as we leave Iraq the Al Queda will come pouring into the country, but I don't see them being enough of force to dominate the nations. They would need ALLOT of allies.

Comment

No I haven't but I will.

Comment

Here is a summary of what I believe is happening in chapter 5.

Zechariah sees a flying roll.
                      20 by 10 cubits
                      This is a curse....as in for some reason these dimensions have become like a warning - a bad thing will happen to you.

Why?
                      The only thing that I have come up with is that the temple that Solomon built had a porch that was 20 by 10 to enter it.

So say that all the world has been warned not to touch God's holy 20 by 10 place. Cross that porch wickedly and you will bring on your kingdom this 20 by 10 curse result.
                      It speaks of those that steal and swear falsely by His name.
                      I see that part due to God's name was put on the holy site forever - in the days of Solomon.

So to cross the porch of 20 by 10 wickedly - steal from inside the temple or such will bring on a nation this 20 by 10 curse.

The curse of - their house - kingdom
                      will be consumed
                      the timber and the stones of it

Babylon crossed wickedly that porch and has earned this curse on the land of Shinar, yet - Shinar was never consumed in such a manner.

So - Zecharah gets shown an ephah - as in a piece of shattered Babylon restored to Shinar - carried back to the land for her appointed time to be wicked again.

Comment

If you read all of the chapters....Here is a summary of what I believe is happening in chapter 5.

Zechariah sees a flying roll.
                        20 by 10 cubits
                        This is a curse....as in for some reason these dimensions have become like a warning - a bad thing will happen to you.

Why?
                        The only thing that I have come up with is that the temple that Solomon built had a porch that was 20 by 10 to enter it.

So say that all the world has been warned not to touch God's holy 20 by 10 place. Cross that porch wickedly and you will bring on your kingdom this 20 by 10 curse result.
                        It speaks of those that steal and swear falsely by His name.
                        I see that part due to God's name was put on the holy site forever - in the days of Solomon.

So to cross the porch of 20 by 10 wickedly - steal from inside the temple or such will bring on a nation this 20 by 10 curse.

The curse of - their house - kingdom
                        will be consumed
                        the timber and the stones of it

Babylon crossed wickedly that porch and has earned this curse on the land of Shinar, yet - Shinar was never consumed in such a manner.

So - Zecharah gets shown an ephah - as in a piece of shattered Babylon restored to Shinar - carried back to the land for her appointed time to be wicked again.

Did you also realize that some of the views on how the jews will rebuild the temple is that the entrance will have to be left out because of space. Theres much more detail to this,the suggestion that the real temple site is south of the dome of the rock and they would have space but would have to leave out the entrance.

Comment

Disciples were preaching and teaching about the 'last days' .. the end of the world etc... even when the NT was written... If they were teaching and preaching it then... then we are 'much' closer now than they were back then.. thats 2,000 years ago.........

One would just have to take a 'spiritual' barmometer of things the way they are today.. people are very hostile to the Truth... Truth is twisted and perverted... Truth is called a 'lie' or untruth.. when 'lies' and false doctrine are ACCEPTED as 'truth'.....With just these 'simple' things one could discern where we are at... The end will be the 'rejection' of the True God of the Bible.... only to promote and follow and worship a 'lie''.. man in the end will believe he can become like 'God' and create His own Heaven on earth... man's way.... without Heaven 'returning' from Heaven as Promised in the book of Acts.... You either have 'Heaven' inside you or u dont have Him at all...

Today we are closer to His return for His Bride .... and the 'end of all things'....
                          Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
                          ------------------------------------------------
                          Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
                          ------------------------------------------------
                          The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
                          Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

Originally posted by ph33r View Post
                            Did you also realize that some of the views on how the jews will rebuild the temple is that the entrance will have to be left out because of space. Theres much more detail to this,the suggestion that the real temple site is south of the dome of the rock and they would have space but would have to leave out the entrance.
                            I see them as will leave out the outer court as it is given to the Gentiles...
                            I see that as not stolen by them one day

In Rev. 11 John measured for a future temple - but was told not to measure the outer court part.

I see Zechariah as in brief - Nebuchadnezzar entered into God's house - so now the curse was to enter into Babylon's house.

Zechariah 6 I see as revealing when this is to happen.
                            the mountains of brass - KJV
                            would represent the time of the Greek - or third empire of metal of Daniel 2

So in the latter days of the Greek Empire will come the days of the establishing again of the kingdom of Shinar.

To do this - it will take a rider on a white horse - thus the first ruler of Iraq - King Faisal.

go forth conquering and to conquer
                            - possess the land - start the nation

Zechariah was told about four spirits of the heavens.

I see the first horse time as the time of white =
                            the spirit of wisdom and with understanding one gets a crown delivered to him.

The white horses followed the black horses to a place called the north country.

land of the Euphrates River
                            the place that desolated Judah

IRAQ

So this land on the Euphrates must set the riders. How could a rider get on in say Europe or America, if the horse is drinking out of the Euphrates River area?

Comment

So what does a white horse rider show us?

Rev. 19 shows the Lord - and in righteousness He judgeth and makes war

How about Judges 5?
                              same type of thing
                              =
                              Israel started her nation - with rulers on white - that were to judge righteously.
                              Deuteronomy 1 reveals that they were to be men that were wise and had understanding.
                              They were to possess the land.

Comment

Working...
                              X