7th Seal-Half an hour in heaven, 20 years on earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion 7th Seal-Half an hour in heaven, 20 years on earth

Rev.8 begins with the opening of the 7th seal, followed by about a half an hour of silence in heaven.

What event do you believe is responsible for the openning of the 7th Seal? And, what has happened or will occur on earth during this time?

I believe a 1/2 hour of silence in heaven is equivalent to 20 years on earth.

snt

Originally posted by seeker_truth View Post

snt
    Could you explain that?

Comment

snt

Ok...and where do you get that from??
      Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
        Could you explain that?
        2 Pet.3:8 "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years"
        Simple division..1/2 hr.in heaven=20 years on earth...

IMO, silence in heaven is of tremendous significance, both in heaven and on the earth.

snt

Comment

I heard at service the other night that it would take about a half hour for the priest to offer incense (cp. Luke 1:10; 21)...
          analyze. synthesize. repeat.

*It is the next chapter of my life, whether I'm ready or not. My time here in these forums has come to its close. I bless you as I go!*

Comment

"One day is AS a thousand years" is a figure of speech, a metaphor. It is not meant to be taken literally.

The text does not say one day is a thousand years.

Basically it means that time to God is different than it is to us.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I don't know if it's equivalent to 20 years or not...but try not to misinterpret the Bible too much cause there is a warning to it...
              Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
              2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

Comment

2 Pet.3:8 "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years"
                Simple division..1/2 hr.in heaven=20 years on earth...

IMO, silence in heaven is of tremendous significance, both in heaven and on the earth.

snt

AS a thousand years doesn't mean IS a thousand years any more than 'cold AS ice' means 'cold IS ice'. Just like kingdom OF heaven doesn't mean kingdom IN heaven.
                JESUS CHRIST, often imitated, never duplicated.

Comment

Perhaps, I should not have mentioned the "half hour of silence in heaven" quite so soon; it seems to have taken preeminence over the actual question.

To begin with, I view seals 1-6 as judgments against Judah, Jerusalem, the children of Jacob, and the land of Israel in the first century, while the 7th seal remained closed and held in time, waiting for the re-establishment of the land of Israel and the city of Jerusalem by the Jewish people.

Yet, even after 1967 the last seal was left in place, unopened by the Lamb.

So, what event might be responsible for the opening of the 7th seal?
                  And, is it possible that the seal has already been broken?

seeker

Comment

May I ask why you believe the space of 1/2 hour in Heaven is representative of 20 years on earth??

Comment

That's just a human's interpretation of that verse in Revelation.

Comment

I believe a lot of the Bible is written in similies and metaphors...and I believe the space of 1/2 hour (mentioned in Revelation) is symbolic of the 'Impact' that the opening of the 7th seal had....

Comment

But regardless of what that verse in Revelation means...that Chapter (especially) is more than enough for us to know that we need to be ready!!

Comment

Walking the walk,
                            As the Lamb of God opens each seal in heaven there is a coinciding event, which takes place upon the earth, and relates to a prophetic judgment.

Why should such a pattern of holy design by God not be delegated to an amount of time on earth as it was observed by John in heaven?

In 2Pet.3:8 we learn that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, but Peter begins that verse with a phrase we tend to ignore,
                            "Beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing"..words that serves us well when trying to understand the commencement of the 7th seal.

IMO, the 7th seal has been opened, silence in heaven has begun, and we are living in those 20 prophetic years of appointed time upon the earth.

seeker

Comment

Hi
                              I had to register just to tell how two of the most dramatic world events could fit this silence period.
                              The equation 0.5 hours/x years = 24 hours /1000 will give you 20.83 years. Now the silence were about 0,5 hours so we should look for something close to 20.83 years
                              WW1 ended November 11, 1918. WW2 started September 1 1939. That is 20 year 9 month and 20 days. In the decimal 20.803, is that to close to be about ?
                              Last edited by mmdd; Nov 17th 2008, 07:24 PM. Reason: 20.80 changed to 20.83

Comment

Working...
                              X