Churches should start stocking up food supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Churches should start stocking up food supplies

The churches may have the greatest opportunity to witness in the near future.....if they are prepared. Those which will be prepared with the necessities of life, food and shelter, will have a great influence in times of despair. Should not the church be those of influence?

There well may be a "greater" depression on the horizon and the church needs to position itself to be a source of influence and if in these times they can provide the staples of life then of course many in the future would be set up to hear the gospel message. Many flocked to their local church in the 30's and Christ himself provided these things to those which followed him while providing them eternal food.

Mark

So that means, you need to tell them, that there is supply to those Christians who live in Tribulation, right??? Even though, store amounts of necessities of life won't last that long ????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
    The churches may have the greatest opportunity to witness in the near future.....if they are prepared. Those which will be prepared with the necessities of life, food and shelter, will have a great influence in times of despair. Should not the church be those of influence?

There well may be a "greater" depression on the horizon and the church needs to position itself to be a source of influence and if in these times they can provide the staples of life then of course many in the future would be set up to hear the gospel message. Many flocked to their local church in the 30's and Christ himself provided these things to those which followed him while providing them eternal food.

Mark
    Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
    2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

Comment

Luke 12:28~ If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Matthew 6:19-20~ Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20~But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Matthew 6:25-35~Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26~Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?27~Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28~And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29~And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30~Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31~Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32~(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33~But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34~Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

You won't be able to store food and clothes and such up, anyway. The ac is not just a man. he will have the power of the devil and all his demons behind him. Hiding out and storing food are just fantasy thoughts, not reality.
      Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Comment

Of course it wouldn't hurt to learn to live off the land and live in the outdoors should the need arise.
        JESUS CHRIST, often imitated, never duplicated.

Comment

Or we could try something like, say, trusting in God? Hmm?
          Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Comment

Originally posted by jesuslover1968 View Post
            Or we could try something like, say, trusting in God? Hmm?
            It is not unbiblical to store up food for future need. The Lord directed Joseph to do just that.
            My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Whispering Grace View Post
              It is not unbiblical to store up food and supplies for future need. The Lord directed Joseph to do just that.

I agree, and understand that He did. But has he directed us to do that?

Comment

I agree, and understand that He did. But has he directed us to do that?
                I don't think so as a whole, but I do know of certain individuals whom the Lord has instructed to store up food and supplies.

I know of many people who refuse to plan ahead and stockpile, saying they are trusting in the Lord, as if stockpiling for future need isn't trusting in the Lord.

It is true that the Lord will supply our need, but He could very well do that by having us store up food now for use in the future.
                My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Marc B View Post
                  Of course it wouldn't hurt to learn to live off the land and live in the outdoors should the need arise.
                  I agree and feel that rather than storehousing supplies it would be much more effective to teach people how to grow their own food. Last year I was led to try my hand at gardening. I learned a whole lot! We had a good crop of tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, and lettuce. That was just out on my terrace. I will be moving to South Carolina next summer and hope to buy a property with a large lot so I can grow more. There was a time when most households, not just farmers, grew their own vegetables and fruit. Now as a supplement to what we buy but if it were ever needed it could keep a family from starving. Btw, it's not at all about fear. I learned sooooo much about the law of sowing and reaping which in turn opened up so many scriptures that I felt I already understood. Putting that seed into the soil and watching it either grow or not grow really taught me a lot.

God Bless!
                  II Timothy 2:15
                  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
                  Read My Testimony sigpic Visit Our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Whispering Grace View Post
                    I don't think so as a whole, but I do know of certain individuals whom the Lord has instructed to store up food and supplies.

I know of many people who refuse to plan ahead and stockpile, saying they are trusting in the Lord, as if stockpiling for future need isn't trusting in the Lord.

It is true that the Lord will supply our need, but He could very well do that by having us store up food now for use in the future.

I do agree with you, really. The problem is, scripture is complete, and He hasn't told us to do that. He has told us not to worry about tomorrow.
                    The reason I stay on this subject is not to argue, but to bring attention to the fact that storing food, in some instances, is unbiblical, as there are many people out there right now starving to death while us more fortunate people are storing up food we may never even need. Do you see where I'm coming from?
                    I do think we all need to learn how to grow our own food, I think that was the way it was meant to be. I honestly don't worry about what will happen during the tribulation because number one, I believe we will be raptured, and number two, even if we aren't, God WILL provide for me. He may lead me at that time to store up food and hide, I don't know, but I do know He promised to take care of me, and I believe Him. God Bless.

Comment

I do agree with you, really. The problem is, scripture is complete, and He hasn't told us to do that. He has told us not to worry about tomorrow.
                      Not worrying about tomorrow does not equate to not being prepared. I do not worry about dying, but I do have life insurance so my family will be taken care of if I die. I also have health insurance for future medical needs, though I do not fret over getting sick.

The reason I stay on this subject is not to argue, but to bring attention to the fact that storing food, in some instances, is unbiblical, as there are many people out there right now starving to death while us more fortunate people are storing up food we may never even need. Do you see where I'm coming from?
                      I do see where you are coming from. But I don't believe people who are stockpiling food are planning to horde it just for themselves when the need arises. The Lord commanded Joseph to stockpile food not for his own benefit, but for the benefit of many.

I do think we all need to learn how to grow our own food, I think that was the way it was meant to be. I honestly don't worry about what will happen during the tribulation because number one, I believe we will be raptured, and number two, even if we aren't, God WILL provide for me. He may lead me at that time to store up food and hide, I don't know, but I do know He promised to take care of me, and I believe Him. God Bless.
                      I agree that God will take care of me one way or another. And for that, I am grateful.
                      My Blog

Comment

Jesuslover1968, I am guessing by your screen name you are 40ish. I just have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

Do you have a full time job?
                        Do you grocery shop, keep say a weeks worth of food in the cabinets?
                        Do you carry any type of insurance on yourself or you personal property?
                        Do you own or rent a place to live?
                        Do you contribute to any type of retirement plan?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you are guilty of the same thing you are condemning others for.

The lord says he will provide for us, so really, we don't need all of the things listed above, because he will take care of us. I believe whole heatedly that the Lord WILL provide for his people, but he gives us the means to do it. If I go to the store, buy a steak, take it home, cook it, put it on a plate and sit down at the table, I will most likely starve to death if I do not cut a bite of it and put it in my mouth and swallow it. Though I am not foolish enough to think that God can not do whatever He wants.

I do believe there are those that are led to prepare for the future. Not for fear that the lord will not provide, but with the knowledge that he is providing. If we do everything in our power and we are down to our last drop of water, and there is nothing else humanly possible left for us to do, that is when you will SEE the hand of God as plain as day. Sit there with your legs crossed twiddling your thumbs saying "The lord will provide", and not using the ability and resources he has given you and you will likely find yourself there when the Lord returns.

If you do not feel led to prepare, don't do it. But others, I think, are being led to prepare, so please do not call them un-Biblical for doing so. Unless you can point to a passage of scripture that says "do not prepare for the future".

Comment

Originally posted by cavscout View Post
                          Jesuslover1968, I am guessing by your screen name you are 40ish. I just have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

Do you have a full time job?
                          Do you grocery shop, keep say a weeks worth of food in the cabinets?
                          Do you carry any type of insurance on yourself or you personal property?
                          Do you own or rent a place to live?
                          Do you contribute to any type of retirement plan?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you are guilty of the same thing you are condemning others for.

The lord says he will provide for us, so really, we don't need all of the things listed above, because he will take care of us. I believe whole heatedly that the Lord WILL provide for his people, but he gives us the means to do it. If I go to the store, buy a steak, take it home, cook it, put it on a plate and sit down at the table, I will most likely starve to death if I do not cut a bite of it and put it in my mouth and swallow it. Though I am not foolish enough to think that God can not do whatever He wants.

I do believe there are those that are led to prepare for the future. Not for fear that the lord will not provide, but with the knowledge that he is providing. If we do everything in our power and we are down to our last drop of water, and there is nothing else humanly possible left for us to do, that is when you will SEE the hand of God as plain as day. Sit there with your legs crossed twiddling your thumbs saying "The lord will provide", and not using the ability and resources he has given you and you will likely find yourself there when the Lord returns.

If you do not feel led to prepare, don't do it. But others, I think, are being led to prepare, so please do not call them un-Biblical for doing so. Unless you can point to a passage of scripture that says "do not prepare for the future".

well, you have pulled what I was saying out of context, so it is you, my friend, who need to be careful of condemnation. I wasn't speaking of a 'weeks worth of groceries,' and I don't think anyone else thought I was, either. I was talking about people who stockpile food, as in lots and lots. Like say, uhm, the Mormons do, or any person or group of people that think a stockpile of food is going to let them survive in the endtimes. That indeed is trying to 'help' God. How do you think all these people will feel when food and water that they have stored for years is denied them because they won't take the mark of the beast? Do you think the gov. will let them keep their food? That would be defeating the purpose, wouldn't it?
                          As for your very nosy questions above, they really suited no purpose, but were added, I think, to the poison dart you were shooting my way.
                          As for scripture pertaining to what I was saying, I already gave it in a previous post, try reading it? God Bless.

Comment

You won't be able to store food and clothes and such up, anyway. The ac is not just a man. he will have the power of the devil and all his demons behind him. Hiding out and storing food are just fantasy thoughts, not reality.
                            I dont agree with that statement...
                            It assumes that the AC will be interested in jungle inhabitants, native dwellers, African bushpeople and etc...It seems to me that the AC will concentrate his efforts where it will have the maximum effect. Where civilization is found!

Any who can disappear into the wilds (there will be very few) those who can flee into the wilderness(as the scripture says) will be better able to elude the AC and his forces than those who stockpile food in their house in suburbia. Stockpiles in suburbia may be fantasy, but escape to the wilderness for those who prepare ahead of time in not fantasy.

Further, we will only have to survive about 3 years from what I can tell. The first 3.5 yrs of the 7 year reign of the AC is peace and prosperity. SO no problem here yet! Then the second half of his reign (which God says he will shorten for the sake of the elect) is the the problem.

The ac is unlikely to waste resources chasing a few "looney" christians into the wilderness when he can marshal all of the civilized world under his control.

Water and dehydrated food, clothing, and roofs are key componants of escape. All normal Houses require real estate taxes to be paid during the 3.5 yrs torment...so suburbia is royaly exposed and its people who don't take the mark emminently arrestable. But tents, caves and temperate climates where outside dwelling is reasonable to consider for short term survival are definitely something to consider. Those who subscribe to the "God will never let me get hurt" theology must consider Hitlers works. During those days Hitlers servants didnt waste time searching endless mountain ranges, there was too much to do with train loads of people to round up from their houses who thought they could hide in plain view!

Those who did hide in mountains and such may have still been caught on occassion and certainly it was hard for them but at least they were a little safer than suburban dwellers.
                            Dragonfighter1
                            Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
                              I dont agree with that statement...
                              It assumes that the AC will be interested in jungle inhabitants, native dwellers, African bushpeople and etc...It seems to me that the AC will concentrate his efforts where it will have the maximum effect. Where civilization is found!
                              I agree with that statement...we are civilization....

Any who can disappear into the wilds (there will be very few) those who can flee into the wilderness(as the scripture says) will be better able to elude the AC and his forces than those who stockpile food in their house in suburbia. Stockpiles in suburbia may be fantasy, but escape to the wilderness for those who prepare ahead of time in not fantasy.
                              you don't think the gov. will have people out searching for such eluders?

Further, we will only have to survive about 3 years from what I can tell. The first 3.5 yrs of the 7 year reign of the AC is peace and prosperity. SO no problem here yet! Then the second half of his reign (which God says he will shorten for the sake of the elect) is the the problem.
                              ok, I disagree with this. They think it's peace and prosperity, but it won't be. I think any who believe in God will begin suffering before the great trib starts. The problem is that we were not meant for God's wrath...

The ac is unlikely to waste resources chasing a few "looney" christians into the wilderness when he can marshal all of the civilized world under his control.
                              I think it is wise to know your enemy. underestimating the enemy can be our downfall.
                              I don't think a few missing christians will be his uppermost priorty, but I do think he will search for them to use as examples...

Water and dehydrated food, clothing, and roofs are key componants of escape. All normal Houses require real estate taxes to be paid during the 3.5 yrs torment...so suburbia is royaly exposed and its people who don't take the mark emminently arrestable. But tents, caves and temperate climates where outside dwelling is reasonable to consider for short term survival are definitely something to consider. Those who subscribe to the "God will never let me get hurt" theology must consider Hitlers works. During those days Hitlers servants didnt waste time searching endless mountain ranges, there was too much to do with train loads of people to round up from their houses who thought they could hide in plain view!
                              I have considered that. I believe in the rapture, though, so I don't believe I will be here.

Those who did hide in mountains and such may have still been caught on occassion and certainly it was hard for them but at least they were a little safer than suburban dwellers.
                              safety is an illusion, isn't it? We are never really safe, unless we are in the arms of God. I for one have no desire to be here in that time. If, however, I am wrong, and there is no rapture, Whatever God wills will be done. God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X