Video - The Horizon Project: Bracing For Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video - The Horizon Project: Bracing For Tomorrow

"Episode 01 of The Horizon Project begins with a frightening bang. Newly discovered scientific evidence shows that the world as we know it is about to come to an unexpected end; however, knowing what's coming over the horizon is only the tip of the iceberg; understanding WHY presents a picture far greater than you could have imagined.

Global catastrophic events throughout our past have severed the flow of information from one generation to the next, creating permanent gaps in history and knowledge. Civilizations that came before us knew of the upcoming inevitable catastrophe, leaving behind major clues that have just been recently discovered. The knowledge that was once lost is the missing link that provides a clear understanding of how our world truly operates. Ironically, these clues also inform us that time is running out; sooner than you may believe."

The Horizon Project Documentary

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Part 7
    Part 8

is it a coincidence that scientists say humanity is overdue for a pole shift and that the sixth seal seems to suggest a pole shift?

additionally, the deceptive "new agers" are saying that there is going to be a pole shift in the near future, where their "friendly space brothers" will carry out an evacuation.

indeed, such a devastating event would be considered god's wrath on an unbelieving humanity. scripture makes it clear that true and genuine believers are not subject to wrath. therefore, could this just be an explanation for their disappearance? could these fallen angels, masquerading as our "friendly space brothers", attempt to convince the population that they were responsible for the disappearance of these individuals?

"...We watch diligently, the threat of a polar shift for the planet in your generation. Such a development would create a planetery situation through which none could survive. This would necessitate an evacuation such as I have referred to."

myself and many others tend to agree that this is indeed not all a mere coincidence. the wise virgins who have oil in their lamps will not be taken off of this planet by space aliens, but rather by god's angels. jesus said that at the end of the age they, being the harvesters, will collect the wheat and bring them into his barn.

my friends, difficult times are going to come upon this world very soon. the church worldwide may very well undergo much hardships. we need to be ready for anything - whether it's persecution and hardships or out time to go home.

Comment

Originally posted by immortality View Post
      is it a coincidence that scientists say humanity is overdue for a pole shift and that the sixth seal seems to suggest a pole shift?
      What scientists are suggesting humanity is overdue for a pole shift. Names, specialties, please.

additionally, the deceptive "new agers" are saying that there is going to be a pole shift in the near future, where their "friendly space brothers" will carry out an evacuation.
      Ah, that's where Nancy Leider's Zeta Reticulan friends fit in . Her prediction appears to have failed completely in May 2003 - is she still peddling this garbage?.
      Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
      Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

i don't think you understand that i'm saying these new agers are indeed deceptive entities.

did you watch the documentary, teddyv?

Comment

did you watch the documentary, teddyv?
          I can't at the moment - not enough time while at work. Your first link also goes to a Youtube page that indicates the video is no longer available. The second one is still there. I will try and look at some when I get home, but I don't hold out much hope.

That said without watching it I am highly skeptical of any scientists that have actually said "we are overdue for a pole shift". I have heard nothing of the sort in any newspaper, journal, or other accessible source. If you are going to imply in a global conspiracy that keeps people silent, I don't know what I could say in return, other than I don't believe there is such a conspiracy (people love to talk).

I am aware of the stuff peddled by Nancy Leider, and that someone else picked up the torch of Planet X / pole shifts after her failed prediction.
          Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Comment

i think you're at a misunderstanding, teddyv.

you keep mentioning "nancy leider" (who i am unfamiliar with), almost as if the delusionment of one phony individual automatically refutes the possibility of a pole shift.

please take the time to read the following article, as it will help clear up any confusion you may have: New Age Rapture By Peter D Goodgame

and regarding what's presented in the documentary, i suggest considering the following quote:

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation.” - Edmund Spencer

please don't make the foolish mistake of shooting down something before you even look into it yourself...

Comment

OK, I have actually sat through the first four videos. It more or less is what I expected. Lots of real scientific tidbits supposedly pointing to a radical conclusion. I still haven't got to the point of what actually causes the shift and I am not hopeful. From a physics standpoint, either the maker of these videos does not understand the actual forces involved, or is just willfully being deceitful. Look up inertia.

I note that there are all sorts of references to mainstream scientists, yet no one is named. Lots of grandiose statements. So far few sources, a few out of context quotes. I would take weeks to go through this line by line to actually check the "facts" that our thrown out all willy-nilly. This is pseudoscience at it's finest and worthy of a Star Trek episode.

Ultimately it is a conclusion (pole shift) that is searching for evidence, rather than the other way around. As a geologist I have never seen any hint of evidence of pole shift (as described in the videos) in any mainstream source.

One of my favourites so far is the underwater cities-I think the footage they showed was Egyptian ruins now submerged due to the Aswan Dam on the Nile (but I could be wrong).

you keep mentioning "nancy leider" (who i am unfamiliar with), almost as if the delusionment of one phony individual automatically refutes the possibility of a pole shift.
              My reference to Ms. Leider only points to the fact that this theory is not as new as this video series would suggest. Yes she was definitely delusional; she may not have been the first to suggest it, but she certainly isn't the last to exploit it.

please don't make the foolish mistake of shooting down something before you even look into it yourself...
              Having seen this all before, it's pretty much the same old, same old, that does not stand up to scrutiny.

I believe in your other posts you have suggested this pole shift may equate to events surrounding the sixth seal - well I suppose anything is possible in the future. Maybe you can clarify why you feel this is valid theory when there is really no evidence that it's happened in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
                From a physics standpoint, either the maker of these videos does not understand the actual forces involved, or is just willfully being deceitful. Look up inertia.

I note that there are all sorts of references to mainstream scientists, yet no one is named.
                did you watch parts 6 and 7? what are your thoughts?

and at the end of the video, the host says:

"As with any new discovery, great resistance is expected and there will be those who blatantly discredit the information you have learned today - whether it be form denial, fear, or ones true belief that nothing will happen."

what are the odds, teddy, that you are in reality not skeptical or unconvinced, but rather blatantly choosing not to believe this?

this is undoubtedly the case with much of humanity. they do not want to step out of their bubble of false sense of security and comfort, but would much rather remain in their ignorance.

however, as time is running out, humanity really has nothing to lose. the blissful ignorance they have been enjoying will very soon be over. it is either wake up now while there's still time, or be rudely awakened...

also, i feel compelled to ask: when you're in deep prayer and communion with god, what do you discern the holy spirit has told you regarding the future? do you get the impression from him that it is looking hopeful? if indeed the holy spirit is in you of course.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
                  I can't at the moment - not enough time while at work. Your first link also goes to a Youtube page that indicates the video is no longer available. The second one is still there. I will try and look at some when I get home, but I don't hold out much hope.

That said without watching it I am highly skeptical of any scientists that have actually said "we are overdue for a pole shift". I have heard nothing of the sort in any newspaper, journal, or other accessible source. If you are going to imply in a global conspiracy that keeps people silent, I don't know what I could say in return, other than I don't believe there is such a conspiracy (people love to talk).

I am aware of the stuff peddled by Nancy Leider, and that someone else picked up the torch of Planet X / pole shifts after her failed prediction.
                  One of the scientists who predicted a future pole shift was Albert Einstein. I have read his quotes on this and it is in the video the first post linked to. It is supposedly caused when the solar system passes through the gravitational plane created by a supermassive black hole at the center of the milky way galexy.

Comment

did you watch parts 6 and 7? what are your thoughts?

I have not had a chance yet. I will do my best to try and get some time one evening.

and at the end of the video, the host says:
                    "As with any new discovery, great resistance is expected and there will be those who blatantly discredit the information you have learned today - whether it be form denial, fear, or ones true belief that nothing will happen."
                    What do you think they are going to say? This is a stock phrase for every person pushing some very non-mainstream theory. It plays to the viewer’s emotions of feeling part of select group of people who now know the truth.

Certainly as Christians this quote could be considered true as it requires faith in things unseen. The truth of the gospel certainly will lead to resistance and denial by those who do not accept the gospel. But even within our beliefs we are to be discerning and consider matters to make sure we stay within the truth.

what are the odds, teddy, that you are in reality not skeptical or unconvinced, but rather blatantly choosing not to believe this?

How am I supposed to answer this? I have taken the time to watch a few of the videos, and replied with some comments. The video series thus far is not compelling based on my understanding of geology (which is my specialty) and other areas of science. The video throws out all sorts of “evidence” which would take months to sort through and establish their veracity. I am not going to uncritically accept this data because some anonymous person on the internet says this is the truth. The whole concept has all the hallmarks of pseudoscience. If actual peer-reviewed research starts showing up on this, then it may be time to start challenging long-standing assumptions.

And if taking time to review the videos, and make some comments is what you consider “blatantly choosing to not believe this” then I am not sure that I can say much else.

this is undoubtedly the case with much of humanity. they do not want to step out of their bubble of false sense of security and comfort, but would much rather remain in their ignorance.

however, as time is running out, humanity really has nothing to lose. the blissful ignorance they have been enjoying will very soon be over. it is either wake up now while there's still time, or be rudely awakened...
                    I'm sure you feel special because you know the truth of the future. The rest of us are the poor unenlightened “sheeple”. I see the same talk with conspiracy theorists. If I'm wrong, well, so be it. Not much I can do about it anyway. This has nothing to do with my faith, or lack of, in God.

also, i feel compelled to ask: when you're in deep prayer and communion with god, what do you discern the holy spirit has told you regarding the future? do you get the impression from him that it is looking hopeful? if indeed the holy spirit is in you of course.

I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about the future as there is very little value to it. I am actually relatively hopeful for the future. I wish to see the world improve by actively promoting the Kingdom of God in the here and now. The Good News continues to be spread. I have a daughter and another child on the way that I desire to see grow and come to know our God and Christ. I am not waiting at the station for Jesus to take me home. Your very last comment is noted. I don’t question your infilling of the Holy Spirit because you believe in something that is unrelated to our Christian walk.

(Sorry about the quotes getting split up, I don't understand whay that happens and I can't seem to correct it).

Comment

Originally posted by thepenitent View Post
                      One of the scientists who predicted a future pole shift was Albert Einstein. I have read his quotes on this and it is in the video the first post linked to. It is supposedly caused when the solar system passes through the gravitational plane created by a supermassive black hole at the center of the milky way galexy.
                      When that quote came up I googled it to see if I could find the context but I haven't found anything.

Ultimately, in the video, this only seems to be an appeal to authority fallacy. Einstein certainly was a brilliant theoretical physicist but I would hesitate to take his thoughts on non-related issues with any serious weight. Again in this case, some context would be nice. Finally, this quote was from a long time ago and scientific theories have been long since advanced.

Comment

OK, finally finished watching the remaining videos. I still remain unconvinced but that's probably no surprise .

There is just so much unsupported speculation and handwaving stated as fact that it becomes very hard to take anything seriously (especially the "researcher" from the third/fourth videos). There are also plenty of misstatements (e.g. we have no probe orbiting Saturn for the past 18 or 20 years - Voyager passed by 20 years ago, though). And the physicist, Dr. Agnew, needs to stop talking about geology because he does not get much right.

Comment

wow

that was incredible. the polar shift is the wrath of God, the great tribulation

Comment

Originally posted by locboxx View Post
                            that was incredible. the polar shift is the wrath of God, the great tribulation

No where in the Bible does it say that. Don't take these videos done by fringe wackos as Biblical prophecy.

Comment

Originally posted by Semi-tortured View Post
                              No where in the Bible does it say that. Don't take these videos done by fringe wackos as Biblical prophecy.
                              did you watch the documentary, semi-tortured?

Comment

Working...
                              X