"The Church in America is going to suffer so terribly" - Paul Washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Church in America is going to suffer so terribly" - Paul Washer

please consider what is said in the following video.

"Persecution or a Great Awakening" by Paul Washer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7UyZ...eature=related

Wow, powerful video, thanks. Highly recommended.
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

A very sobering and insightful message by a true messenger of God.

Comment

it's interesting, because those who are familiar with paul washer's teachings know that he virtually never discusses his beliefs regarding the coming times.

so immense are the events that are soon going to transpire on this planet that the holy spirit is compelling people known to preach exclusively on the gospel to contribute sounding the alarm.

Comment

I believe he speaks the truth.

As I watched it, I felt sad. Not so much for those of us caught within the web as it draws tight, but for those outside the web. Especially those Laodicean Christians and others who think they are Christian but only know a false Jesus. A prosperity Jesus. A man Jesus who was never resurrected.

I was going to say "forgive them Father, for they know not what they do." But most of them do know. They are just so wrapped up in their earthly lives and fleshly desires that they no longer care. Faith is not important. God is not relevant.

Nevertheless, forgive them Father, and help us reach as many of them as possible before the door shuts.
          In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

"They" will...

...Not come after the "sheep" at first, they will come after the "Rams". In fact, I believe that the "sheep" will be included in those that help eliminate the rams.

The rams are those that know how to fight, and the sheep are those that give up their lives willingly.

DAN 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
            DAN 11:33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
            DAN 11:34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
            DAN 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

DAN 11:22 And the arms of the fighter shall be overcome before his face, and shall be broken; yea also the prince of the covenant. (Douay)

ROM 3:8 Let us not, "do evil so that good may come", a statement which we are falsely said by some to have made, because such behaviour will have its right punishment. (Bible In Basic English)
            Last edited by dan; Nov 3rd 2008, 11:10 AM. Reason: content
            JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
            JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

I guess we need fix up the scriptures a little.

I guess we should just throw this verse out to window.

2 ch 7:14
              If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
              Oh. and while we are at it, let's throw away this scripture:

II Tim 2:1-4
              I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;
              For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
              Then while we are at it, let's just throw away this scripture:

2 Thess 3:1
              Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have [free] course, and be glorified, even as [it is] with you:

Comment

Luke 14:25-35
                The Cost of Being a Disciple

25Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. 27And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. 28"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? 29For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, 30saying, 'This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.'
                31"Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Will he not first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. 33In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.
                34"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? 35It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out.
                "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally posted by immortality View Post

Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
                2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
                  I guess we should just throw this verse out to window.

2 ch 7:14

Oh. and while we are at it, let's throw away this scripture:

II Tim 2:1-4

Then while we are at it, let's just throw away this scripture:

2 Thess 3:1
                  Not sure I fully understand you...but, I am suyre there were some very sincere people in Israel AS THEY WENT INTO CAPTIVITY.
                  We few may not be enough to turn the tide of Gods Wrath, but rather be preserved during it.
                  Dragonfighter1
                  Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Question: What do you think will happen to those sincere christians who acknowledge this but say" God will protect me" and they do nothing practical to prepare for it?
                    Dragonfighter1
                    Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfighter1 View Post
                      Not sure I fully understand you...but, I am suyre there were some very sincere people in Israel AS THEY WENT INTO CAPTIVITY.
                      We few may not be enough to turn the tide of Gods Wrath, but rather be preserved during it.
                      Maybe not. But I will say this. If you have quit praying for America and the spread of the gospel in this country and other countries in this world, I do not believe your heart is right with God on this matter. If you are just merely throwing your arms up in the air and have quit applying the three verses I have quoted because you believe the great tribulation is so near, I believe that is just wrong. God wants all men to be saved. The church has a job to do. Neither you nor I nor anybody else knows when the great tribulation is going to start. The three verses I quoted are scripture. If any Christian has quit doing those three verses, then they have quit applying the word of God in their lives and are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Comment

Question: What do you think will happen to those sincere christians who acknowledge this but say" God will protect me" and they do nothing practical to prepare for it?
                        Again, if any Christian has quit doing the three verses I quoted, they are not sincere. They are disobeying the word of God. I am not going to quit praying for the word of the Lord to have free course just because thing are not looking so good. Neither should any Christian quit praying for those in authority and all men. (even if the prayer for that person in authority is for him to get out of authority). You may be right. It may not be enough to turn the tide at this point. However, a defeatist attitude and lack of faith certainly will not help matters. God is able to do amazing things when we humble ourselves and pray.

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
                          Maybe not. But I will say this. If you have quit praying for America and the spread of the gospel in this country and other countries in this world, I do not believe your heart is right with God on this matter. If you are just merely throwing your arms up in the air and have quit applying the three verses I have quoted because you believe the great tribulation is so near, I believe that is just wrong. God wants all men to be saved. The church has a job to do. Neither you nor I nor anybody else knows when the great tribulation is going to start. The three verses I quoted are scripture. If any Christian has quit doing those three verses, then they have quit applying the word of God in their lives and are part of the problem and not part of the solution.
                          Indeed I have not quit.
                          My fear is that in the "not Quitting" some have thrown up their hands and said, "God will take care of me I need do nothing to prepare or be prudent" of course they wouldn't ever word it that way.
                          Everyday I see people on these boards saying that God will take care of some issue, but they rarely include personal responsibility.
                          The post trib people have a thread going about how to prepare.. but what happens? People come into the thread ridiculing them for planning, thinking and preparing. It fine to believe in pretrib, absolutely, but for those who believe otherwise you have a stark issue... do you prepare, or just sit down and blame God when you get arrested for not taking the mark! I am getting way off post here though.

We need to pray, and prepare. The idea that the antichrist can't hurt us is foolish. Even before he comes the world will give us tribulation. We should pray and prepare for that too.
                          Dragonfighter1
                          Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Originally posted by immortality View Post

That's it? He doesn't say why or what is going on... What 'net' is forming around us? Or who is coming after us...and he just speaks of the US..not a world wide thing so he must not be talking about the tribulation as many believe that will be world wide...certainly not just the US. I thought it was very confusing...isn't there a part two of this where he explains more of what he is talking about?

God bless
                            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Spiritual preparation is not doing nothing. In fact, I would dare to say that the spiritual is more important than the physical. Jesus speaks many times of the physical and it is always less than the spiritual.

Comment

Working...
                              X