Would it be fair of God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be fair of God?

to allow the man of sin to be revealed before every person has had a chance to hear the gospel at least once. Would God allow this to happen before the church has finished its job?

Mat 24:14
    And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    Sounds to me like the end is not coming until we have finished our job.

The message will be known

Everyone will know before the antichrist Satan comes. Your quote says it all.
    God Bless,
    spiritual treasureman

Comment

Originally posted by treasureman View Post
      Everyone will know before the antichrist Satan comes. Your quote says it all.
      God Bless,
      spiritual treasureman

I don't know that we're supposed to interpret "the whole world" in a literal sense....

Read what Paul said in Romans, when he uses the phrase:

Rom 1:8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Obviuosly it hadn't been spoken of around the entire PLANET..... but in the context John intended, it was spread throughout many lands & nations, and had a specific meaning.

Just something to throw out there for thought.
      Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

Comment

Isaiah 45:9
        "Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands'?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
          to allow the man of sin to be revealed before every person has had a chance to hear the gospel at least once. Would God allow this to happen before the church has finished its job?

The problem with this though is a new person is being born every second! Our job would never end if we took this to literally mean every human in the world.

to give you an idea how many new babies are born every second...more then one a second actually...it would be an impossible job: http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop

Babies would have to stop being born in order for us to even have a chance to keep up...otherwise the world would never end.

Since the Matthew account is about the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple though...the 'world' then was much smaller and this was possible.

http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/vi...mt&chapter=024
          In all the world, ενολητηοικουμενη. Perhaps no more is meant here than the Roman empire; for it is beyond controversy that πασαντηνοικουμενην, Luke 2:1, means no more than the whole Roman empire: as a decree for taxation or enrolment from Augustus Caesar could have no influence but in the Roman dominions; but see on Luke 2:1. Tacitus informs us, Annal. l. xv., that, as early as the reign of Nero, the Christians were grown so numerous at Rome as to excite the jealousy of the government; and in other parts they were in proportion. However, we are under no necessity to restrain the phrase to the Roman empire, as, previously to the destruction of Jerusalem, the Gospel was not only preached in the lesser Asia, and Greece, and Italy, the greatest theatres of action then in the world; but was likewise propagated as far north as SCYTHIA; as far south as ETHIOPIA; as far east as PARTHIA and INDIA; and as far west as SPAIN and BRITAIN.

On this point, Bishop Newton goes on to say, That there is some probability that the Gospel was preached in the British nations by St. Simon the apostle; that there is much greater probability that it was preached here by St. Paul; and that there is an absolute certainty that it was planted here in the times of the apostles, before the destruction of Jerusalem. See his proofs. Dissert. vol. ii. p. 235,236. edit. 1758. St. Paul himself speaks, Colossians 1:6,23, of the Gospel's being come into ALL THE WORLD, and preached TO EVERY CREATURE under heaven.

And in his Epistle to the Romans, Romans 10:18, he very elegantly applies to the lights of the Church, what the psalmist said of the lights of heaven. Their sound went into ALL THE EARTH, and their words unto the END of the WORLD. What but the wisdom of God could foretell this? and what but the power of God could accomplish it?

Then shall the end come.
          When this general publication of the Gospel shall have taken place, then a period shall be put to the whole Jewish economy, by the utter destruction of their city and temple.

God bless
          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Considering the number of babies being born every hour and similarly the number of people who die every hour, it's impossible to get 100% coverage.
            ----------------------------------------------
            When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

What does the amount of babies being born have to do with spreading the gospel. I am not talking about going and witnessing to infants. I've never tried but I am confident that I will not get to much of a response witnessing to an infant. My original post is concerning giving people at an age where they are able to repond an oportunity to hear the gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                The problem with this though is a new person is being born every second! Our job would never end if we took this to literally mean every human in the world.

to give you an idea how many new babies are born every second...more then one a second actually...it would be an impossible job: http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop

Babies would have to stop being born in order for us to even have a chance to keep up...otherwise the world would never end.

Since the Matthew account is about the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple though...the 'world' then was much smaller and this was possible.

http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/vi...mt&chapter=024
                In all the world, ενολητηοικουμενη. Perhaps no more is meant here than the Roman empire; for it is beyond controversy that πασαντηνοικουμενην, Luke 2:1, means no more than the whole Roman empire: as a decree for taxation or enrolment from Augustus Caesar could have no influence but in the Roman dominions; but see on Luke 2:1. Tacitus informs us, Annal. l. xv., that, as early as the reign of Nero, the Christians were grown so numerous at Rome as to excite the jealousy of the government; and in other parts they were in proportion. However, we are under no necessity to restrain the phrase to the Roman empire, as, previously to the destruction of Jerusalem, the Gospel was not only preached in the lesser Asia, and Greece, and Italy, the greatest theatres of action then in the world; but was likewise propagated as far north as SCYTHIA; as far south as ETHIOPIA; as far east as PARTHIA and INDIA; and as far west as SPAIN and BRITAIN.

On this point, Bishop Newton goes on to say, That there is some probability that the Gospel was preached in the British nations by St. Simon the apostle; that there is much greater probability that it was preached here by St. Paul; and that there is an absolute certainty that it was planted here in the times of the apostles, before the destruction of Jerusalem. See his proofs. Dissert. vol. ii. p. 235,236. edit. 1758. St. Paul himself speaks, Colossians 1:6,23, of the Gospel's being come into ALL THE WORLD, and preached TO EVERY CREATURE under heaven.

And in his Epistle to the Romans, Romans 10:18, he very elegantly applies to the lights of the Church, what the psalmist said of the lights of heaven. Their sound went into ALL THE EARTH, and their words unto the END of the WORLD. What but the wisdom of God could foretell this? and what but the power of God could accomplish it?

Then shall the end come.
                When this general publication of the Gospel shall have taken place, then a period shall be put to the whole Jewish economy, by the utter destruction of their city and temple.

God bless
                I have to say I strongly disagree with you that Jesus was speaking only to Jerusalem in Matthew 24:14. It is still the church's responsibity to spread the gospel. So does the preterist position say it is no longer the church's reponsibiltiy to spread the gospel because it was done before 70 AD?

Comment

There is a big difference between fair and just.

God is always just.

Fair? Not so much.

Comment

It is up to God to decide when enough is enough.

Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
                    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

What does the amount of babies being born have to do with spreading the gospel. I am not talking about going and witnessing to infants. I've never tried but I am confident that I will not get to much of a response witnessing to an infant. My original post is concerning giving people at an age where they are able to repond an oportunity to hear the gospel.
                      You were speaking of reaching every single person on the planet, and moonglow and I were simply pointing out that it's an impossible goal to achieve, because the population is too unstable due to death and birth.
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

I think you missed the point we were trying to make...with the population constantly increasing SO quickly..its impossible for us to cover everyone when the reach the age they can understand it to the point that everyone has literally heard the gospel...with the constant increase of the population at such a great rate...its impossible and we would never be done. We weren't talking about witnessing to babies...sorry you misunderstood that.
                        I have to say I strongly disagree with you that Jesus was speaking only to Jerusalem in Matthew 24:14. It is still the church's responsibity to spread the gospel. So does the preterist position say it is no longer the church's reponsibiltiy to spread the gospel because it was done before 70 AD?
                        I never said we weren't to continue preaching the gospel...of course we are. I was saying every nation HAD heard it at that time in history...because of the disciples work in following Jesus' instruction...as I said the world was much smaller then and it was possible for the Message to go out to everyone and every known nation...the goal was reached BEFORE the destruction of the temple and of Jerusalem. But that doesn't imply or suggest at all that we should stop by any means. At least I never heard of the partial preterist or amill view point saying such a thing. It seems obvious as long as their are lost people in this world we keep doing our job of spreading the gospel.

God bless
                        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Yeap I agree with that.
                          I will sing of your works & your mighty ways
                          My Rock & My Salvation
                          Who will hide me in the time of trouble?
                          Who is like the lord, so full of gace and truth!

Comment

Originally posted by markdrums View Post
                            I don't know that we're supposed to interpret "the whole world" in a literal sense....

Read what Paul said in Romans, when he uses the phrase:

Rom 1:8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Obviuosly it hadn't been spoken of around the entire PLANET..... but in the context John intended, it was spread throughout many lands & nations, and had a specific meaning.

Just something to throw out there for thought.
                            I agree with you.

The Greek word used for (World) in this passage of scripture is (Kosmos). It can mean World, or Universe, but it can also mean government or government affairs. Paul was writing to the Romans, so Paul could have been only addressing the faith spoken throughout the Roman government, and not the entire world. Depends on your opinion I guess?

In Romans 1:20, Paul says that a man is without excuse not to believe in the living God. So you are without excuse to deny Christ, no matter where or in what century you are born.

Comment

I do not see that the man of sin is revealed to the world until he has been thrown into the pit.
                              That of course would be when he would be revealed and that would be the end.

The Church is God's army. The army will be needed all the way until the time when salvation is no longer, then we have finished our job.
                              As long as there is time to repent...We are still needed to do our job.
                              Wise men
                              still seek Him
                              ---------------------------
                              * 1 cross
                              + 3 nails
                              = 4 given
                              ------------------

It is best to;
                              Build your belief around the bible
                              Do Not build the bible around your belief !!!!
                              You will then find yourself on solid ground.[/color]

Comment

Working...
                              X