DOES PRIDE COME BEFORE A fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOES PRIDE COME BEFORE A fall?

the Bible speaks a lot against Pride, and the proud... Is it just me or did America just glorify itself and raise itself above God. All I heard in the Victory speaches were proud self exalting words! I mean the biggest one was YES WE CAN, I really wondered what Gods response to that will be?

Does this mean we are rushing toward the finish?

Originally posted by Pilgrimer View Post
    the Bible speaks a lot against Pride, and the proud... Is it just me or did America just glorify itself and raise itself above God. All I heard in the Victory speaches were proud self exalting words! I mean the biggest one was YES WE CAN, I really wondered what Gods response to that will be?

I didn't watch. I was here in the forums.

You say: there was an attempt to raise America above God?
    Can you elaborate please?

What should they be shouting? We will fail!!! ?

Comment

Yes it Does

Yes it does Pilgrimer and I see where it is you are coming from. America has for a long time now turned it's back on God. There seems to be no fear of God anymore. Now with our new president there is going to be partial birth abortion. God cannot continue to bless a nation like this. Also they want to remove "in God we trust" from our money now. God will not be mocked forever. All we can do is pray that there will be a turnaround and that America will be humbled and become the christian nation it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkroses View Post
        Yes it does Pilgrimer and I see where it is you are coming from. America has for a long time now turned it's back on God. There seems to be no fear of God anymore. Now with our new president there is going to be partial birth abortion. God cannot continue to bless a nation like this. Also they want to remove "in God we trust" from our money now. God will not be mocked forever. All we can do is pray that there will be a turnaround and that America will be humbled and become the christian nation it once was.
        Come now, do you really think that God would punish America because some people want to take "In God We Trust" off of its money?

Why do so many Christians believe that God is going to punish America because a Democrat won the presidental race or because the dem's have certain beliefs? Was it not God that placed these people in places of authority and aren't we instructed to obey that authority?

I think we all know that Jesus will be coming very soon so no matter what we do on this planet, other than sharing the gospel, is going to make a bit of difference nor change the fact that Jesus is coming to avenge His people.

Comment

I voted for McCain only because it was a vote against Obama –
          • his political ties to Muslims and other America and Israel haters,
          • how it would be seen as encouragement to Akmadinajad –
          • and of course, the late term abortion issue.
          However (as a former non believer), I don’t think the people chanting had any thought of raising themselves up above God.
          We have challenging times ahead as does the rest of the world now, and we need better leadership than we’ve had.

There are godly and ungodly people on both side of the election.
          The people chanting or whatever were thinking about the economy and the war in Iraq.
          Not raising themselves above God.

Chide us for be arrogant and even prideful about our country, but the world is a better place for us having been here.
          It was great while it lasted.

Jesus is coming soon, and the whole world has become ungodly.
          We should not be surprised at the tought times awaiting the entire world.
          But we - as Christians - can be encouraged that the Prince of Peace is on His way.

Comment

Let's focus on how bad the Lord wants these people to be saved....God's response to that is to for us to pray for them, He loves them as much as He loves us...

Jesus is coming soon, let's not sit around and wait for Him to bless us, I was once one of those people, and I am so thankful someone prayed for me and the Truth was shared....we should not only want His best for us, but for everyone. Time is running out. Let's use it to bear as much fruit as we can. Praise the Lord.

Be Blessed...
            Don't magnify the problem, magnify the Lord.

Raise my white flag...I surrender, I surrender all to You!

Comment

No.

This is something God is doing, and the outcome will be wonderful, and needed.

This thread is going to get moved in 3 ... 2 ... 1

Comment

I agree

Pride shown by humans will exhibit later fall...no matter how it looks like.
                Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
                2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

Comment

It's more like... Impiety comes before rebellion.

Comment

Pride goeth before destruction & an haughty spirit before a fall. Prov:16:18.

Comment

Chide us for be arrogant and even prideful about our country, but the world is a better place for us having been here.

really! is the world a better place? now that does not sound at all prideful...

what do you meen by us? If you are talking about the thousands of christian missionaries the US has sent out over the decades, then you are right.

If your talking about the thousands of military opperations, I would beg to differ...

Comment

really! is the world a better place? now that does not sound at all prideful...
                        Yeah! Chiding! Just like I asked.

what do you meen by us? If you are talking about the thousands of christian missionaries the US has sent out over the decades, then you are right.

If your talking about the thousands of military opperations, I would beg to differ...
                        There were plenty of military operations which were not done in of my preference and not of my doing,
                        but America had a great deal to do with stopping the spread of communism and fascism under people like umm…Hitler.
                        It has stood as a beacon of freedom for millions and an accepter of the downtrodden – the “huddled masses” as it were.

Are we perfect? Hardly.
                        Have our morals of not-so-long-ago - been diminished? Certainly.

But don’t fret!
                        Have hope in your heart yet! We may not be here too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by mfowler12 View Post
                          Come now, do you really think that God would punish America because some people want to take "In God We Trust" off of its money?

Why do so many Christians believe that God is going to punish America because a Democrat won the presidental race or because the dem's have certain beliefs? Was it not God that placed these people in places of authority and aren't we instructed to obey that authority?

I think we all know that Jesus will be coming very soon so no matter what we do on this planet, other than sharing the gospel, is going to make a bit of difference nor change the fact that Jesus is coming to avenge His people.
                          I agree. I wonder why people think Democrats aren't Christians? Jimmy Carter was a Democrat. I am reading one of his inspirational Christian books right now.

Comment

I have been proud of my country for years. Who is in office will not change that, regardless of what they do. My pride is tempered with the knowledge that if it gets out of hand God can take us down a peg or two.

We are instructed to pray for our leaders, and I would add that the more you dislike them the more you should pray for them, as we are also told to pray for them that spitefully use us (our enemies).

We must remember that God keeps his eye on the Sparrow, and us.

Steven

Comment

Working...
                            X