Next step in the End Times timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next step in the End Times timeline?

With all of the differing opinions of the end times and rapture time frame, what should we, as Christians, be looking for next according to Scripture? Is Israel going to go to war with Gog and Magog next?

Gog and Magog

Zechariah 12

Jerusalem's Enemies to Be Destroyed

An Oracle

1 This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares: 2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness," declares the LORD. "I will keep a watchful eye over the house of Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the leaders of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the LORD Almighty is their God.' 6 "On that day I will make the leaders of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume right and left all the surrounding peoples, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.
    7 "The LORD will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem's inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of the LORD going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.
    Mourning for the One They Pierced

10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit [a] of grace and supplication. They will look on [b] me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. 11 On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be great, like the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives, 13 the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives, 14 and all the rest of the clans and their wives.
    Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
    2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

Comment

democracy to fail in Iraq
      and the Palestinians to fall
      http://prophecyinsights.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shinichi Kudo View Post
        Zechariah 12

Jerusalem's Enemies to Be Destroyed

An Oracle

1 This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares: 2 "I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. 3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves. 4 On that day I will strike every horse with panic and its rider with madness," declares the LORD. "I will keep a watchful eye over the house of Judah, but I will blind all the horses of the nations. 5 Then the leaders of Judah will say in their hearts, 'The people of Jerusalem are strong, because the LORD Almighty is their God.' 6 "On that day I will make the leaders of Judah like a firepot in a woodpile, like a flaming torch among sheaves. They will consume right and left all the surrounding peoples, but Jerusalem will remain intact in her place.
        7 "The LORD will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem's inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah. 8 On that day the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of the LORD going before them. 9 On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.
        Mourning for the One They Pierced

10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit [a] of grace and supplication. They will look on [b] me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son. 11 On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be great, like the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives, 13 the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives, 14 and all the rest of the clans and their wives.
        I read that as the final battle where Jesus, Himself, has made His appearance once again. Do you think the second coming is next?

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
        democracy to fail in Iraq
        and the Palestinians to fall
        Scripture? I do find your answer interesting. I would ask how you think the democracy would fail? Also, does Israel handle the Palestinians themselves or do you include Palestine with Gog/Magog?

Comment

Originally posted by mfowler12 View Post
          With all of the differing opinions of the end times and rapture time frame, what should we, as Christians, be looking for next according to Scripture? Is Israel going to go to war with Gog and Magog next?
          Personally, I believe EZ38 & 39 (Gog and Magog) is on our horizon. But the conditions described in Ezekiel don't exist yet. Is17 could certainly lead to those conditions, so the destruction of Damascus is what I'm watching for next.

Comment

Hello Fowler12,

what should we, as Christians, be looking for next according to Scripture?
            But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Acts 3:18-20.

Well the comming of the Holy Spirit upon the church as it was on the early church is to be fulfilled yet.

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. Hosea 6:3.

God bless you
            Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigReal View Post
              Personally, I believe EZ38 & 39 (Gog and Magog) is on our horizon. But the conditions described in Ezekiel don't exist yet. Is17 could certainly lead to those conditions, so the destruction of Damascus is what I'm watching for next.
              What conditions are you referring to?

Comment

I think Ps 83 and Isaiah 17 first maybe. We'll wait and see of course
                I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                  I think Ps 83 and Isaiah 17 first maybe. We'll wait and see of course
                  Who do you think that "6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, of Moab and the Hagrites, 7 Gebal, [a] Ammon and Amalek, Philistia, with the people of Tyre. 8 Even Assyria has joined them to lend strength to the descendants of Lot." are in this present day?

Comment

Who do you think that "6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, of Moab and the Hagrites, 7 Gebal, [a] Ammon and Amalek, Philistia, with the people of Tyre. 8 Even Assyria has joined them to lend strength to the descendants of Lot." are in this present day?
                    Honestly I don't know. But there are plenty of Nations that are close and surround tiny Israel. I know also that the Philistians no longer exist.
                    I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Comment

Originally posted by My heart's Desire View Post
                      Honestly I don't know. But there are plenty of Nations that are close and surround tiny Israel. I know also that the Philistians no longer exist.
                      I wonder if Pslam 83 was the six day war in Israel? Does anybody have a thought on that?

Comment

Originally posted by DigReal View Post
                        I Agree. I think that the destruction of Damascus will be the "hook" which draws the inter-national alliance to Israel's northern mountains. As far as the alliance goes, Russia just completed the list of nations participating earlier this year.

Comment

I wonder if Pslam 83 was the six day war in Israel? Does anybody have a thought on that?
                          I have studied on this some and I seem to be sitting on the fence about it. A case could be made for this to be future. Having the hamas, fatah, the palestinians in Jordan, the muslin brotherhood all seemingly working together to try and take Israel out could be the fullfillment of Psalms. The Syrians are right in the middle of all of them who in turn is supported by Iran. This 'war' with these could lead to Damascus being taken down. I wonder how much land Israel will get if that happens? Would Israel live securely after the palestinian threat is out of the way, its possible they might not have peace but more security with more land between them and their enemies. Would that be the fullfillment for the unwalled reference also that seems to be the state of Israel in Eze 38. Its all interesting and theres almost anything that can ignite the fuse over there.

Comment

What conditions are you referring to?
                            I was mostly referring the the sense of peace and security spoken of in Ez38:11 & Ez38:14. That would be a very rare thing for Israel. Events such as Is17 and Ps83 could bring that about (I can't even imagine anything else that could do it).

Comment

I never gave that any thought before, but do find it interesting. Just gave Ps83 another read, and agree with mizzdy... especially the part about how anything can light a fuse over there these days. Still, that is an idea worth more thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X