Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shariah law in the US? It has happened in the UK

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...2-906BACAFD91F

Georgetown University's Prince Alwaleed Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding (ACMSU) [hosted] a conference on October 23 that asked the loaded question: "Is There a Role for Shari'ah in Modern States?"

The Saudi-funded ACMSU and its founding director, John Esposito, one of the foremost apologists for radical Islam in the academic field of Middle East studies, have certainly been doing their bit to make the idea more palatable.

The Saudi prince for whom ACMSU was named has been pumping millions of dollars into Middle East studies at Georgetown, Harvard, UC Berkeley, and beyond, and as the case of Esposito demonstrates, it magnifies the voices of scholars with a decidedly uncritical bent. As a result, ACMSU analysis regarding Sharia (or Islamic) law tends to focus not on its injustices (amputation, stoning, hanging, honor killing, punishment for blasphemy, execution of apostates, persecution of non-Muslims, sanctioned wife-beating, female genital mutilation, and so on), but rather on repackaging it in ways that will appeal to Western sensibilities. The concept of a more "moderate" version of Sharia law that is compatible with democracy is at the forefront of this effort.
    please click on link to read the full article

I think it is quite conceivable that this "moderate" version will be accepted fairly easily in the US.. After all we are a country that accepts everyone and are "nonjudgemental" in our religious beliefs, right?

I would even go so far as to say that Islam will (briefly) dominate the entire world.
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

I wonder sometimes if there will be a 'world religion' with the 'one world government' and if that religion will be some form of islam

Comment

It happened here partly because the Archbishop of Canterbury of the Anglican church said it should, and Prince Charles who will one day be head of the Anglican church as King is very pro-Islam.

Comment

If you're interested in more about Islam's role in the last days before the 2nd Coming, you might find this interesting:

Antichrist's Hijacking of Islam

Comment

Originally posted by Bethany67 View Post
            It happened here partly because the Archbishop of Canterbury of the Anglican church said it should, and Prince Charles who will one day be head of the Anglican church as King is very pro-Islam.
            Really? I had no idea Prince Charles was pro-Islam. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
              If you're interested in more about Islam's role in the last days before the 2nd Coming, you might find this interesting:

Antichrist's Hijacking of Islam
              Thanks for reposting that link. I totally agree with you on that.

It seems like it is becoming "patriotic" in the US to be pro-Islam. After 9/11 everyone was pointing fingers at Muslims and it was patriotic to be anti-Islam, but now everyone is spouting how it is a "religion of peace" and if you say anything against Islam, you are seen as an intolerant, ignorant biggot.

Comment

Originally posted by SpokenFor View Post
                If you say anything against Islam, you are seen as an intolerant, ignorant biggot.
                That's only the beginning, we're just barely getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by SpokenFor View Post
                  Thanks for reposting that link. I totally agree with you on that.

It seems like it is becoming "patriotic" in the US to be pro-Islam. After 9/11 everyone was pointing fingers at Muslims and it was patriotic to be anti-Islam, but now everyone is spouting how it is a "religion of peace" and if you say anything against Islam, you are seen as an intolerant, ignorant biggot.
                  Well, I've noticed that people in the grassroots environmental, AR and anarchist movements are becoming increasingly pro Islam. Also, they seem to become increasingly anti Semitic and anti Christian as time goes on. Pray for England! Seriously. So many non Christians here believe that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by a Jewish Christian right wing hybrid, for the sole purpose of starting a crusade against those nice Muslims.
                  Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Yes Charles is pro-Sufism (there have been rumours for years that he converted but I haven't been able to find proof) and wants to be known as Defender of Faith rather than Defender of the Faith when he's King. His mentor was Laurens van der Post, and under his guidance Charles developed a general interest in philosophy and Eastern mysticism. From his father he has an interest in Orthodox Christianity.

Daughter - I've never heard that from English people about the 9/11 conspiracy.

Comment

Hummm... maybe I'm biased, because of the folks I'm engaged with (or at least was, till they got freaked by my conversion.) But I'm surprised that you've not heard it from pagan circles. AR might be a different world still... in which case there is still hope this rumour doesn't spread.

Sufism is very different from regular Islam... and of the three main branches, it's the one I see as being the most likely to play into one world scenarios. Mystical and experiential, and so on...

Comment

Nope, never heard it from Pagans, although I did hear the view that Bush secretly ordered it. Mind you, serious discussions would cut too much into the drinking time ... I've seen it online of course, but it tends to be from certain Muslims.

Totally agree that the mystical side of Sufism is far more likely to be appealing than the other branches.

Comment

Yes Charles is pro-Sufism (there have been rumours for years that he converted but I haven't been able to find proof) and wants to be known as Defender of Faith rather than Defender of the Faith when he's King. His mentor was Laurens van der Post, and under his guidance Charles developed a general interest in philosophy and Eastern mysticism. From his father he has an interest in Orthodox Christianity.
                          Originally posted by daughter View Post
                          Sufism is very different from regular Islam... and of the three main branches, it's the one I see as being the most likely to play into one world scenarios. Mystical and experiential, and so on...
                          Totally agree that the mystical side of Sufism is far more likely to be appealing than the other branches.
                          This, Sufism, is something I was trying to get more info on. My reasoning is because IF, Eastern Mysticism is to play a role in bringing all religions to common ground (not sure what smiley is actually appropriate for that comment). But IF, with all the "enlightened messages" being "received" via these New Age/Old Easter Mystic methods, this mysticism must be infiltrating into Islam just like it is everything from Christianity to Atheism. The religion of Selfism CAN cause peace between all religions and is the same lie that Satan has been telling all along, starting in the Garden.

Ok, proceed now to funny looks I can't see.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
                            This, Sufism, is something I was trying to get more info on.
                            http://www.ias.org/

Looky here... a Sufism organization that is a part of the UN.

Say...they have a "40 Days" program.
                            Last edited by quiet dove; Nov 7th 2008, 08:49 PM. Reason: Rick Warren statement, could derail

Comment

No funny looks here, Quiet Dove... I think we're thinking along similar lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X