Iraq - days foretold in Zechariah chapter 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq - days foretold in Zechariah chapter 5

Do you realize that Zechariah has foretold to us that Shinar must return? Babylon's land has not fallen in the way yet prophesied.
    So - Perisan Empire now ruling - and Zechariah gets this view of things.

5:1 "Then I turned,...behold a flying roll."

A what?
    a flying roll

And we get told that this roll is 20 by 10.
    Do you know that is also the size of the porch Solomon had built to enter the temple that Nebuchadezzar destroyed?

So - Babylon's wicked king - destroyed the temple - and earned this 20 by 10 curse to come on his land.

So what's the propblem?
    The problem is that the curse still has yet to befall the land of Babylon. This curse requires that even the timber and the stones of her land be consumed.
    Cyrus didn't destroy Babylon's land.
    So - this means????
    Well, it means that Babylon - Shinar was to rise again and the prophecy even adds in wickedness to the scene.

Next time you see Iraq on a map or think about it - picture it as has a curse setting on its land. One day this curse will come to pass, but first Shinar had to rise again.

So an ephah that came from Shinar - was returned to Shinar - to one day rebuild the kingdom.

"it shall be established"
    "set there upon her own base"

Look at Daniel 2 - for there it shows that the wind carries pieces of fallen empires - as they look for a place to start over again. Zechariah reveals to us that Shinar found her place again in her own land when she was carried by the wind.

Zec. 5:9-11 "...the wind...To build it an house in the land of Shinar..."
    http://prophecyinsights.com

Originally posted by vinsight4u8 View Post
    Do you realize that Zechariah has foretold to us that Shinar must return? Babylon's land has not fallen in the way yet prophesied.
    So - Perisan Empire now ruling - and Zechariah gets this view of things.

5:1 "Then I turned,...behold a flying roll."

A what?
    a flying roll

And we get told that this roll is 20 by 10.
    Do you know that is also the size of the porch Solomon had built to enter the temple that Nebuchadezzar destroyed?

So - Babylon's wicked king - destroyed the temple - and earned this 20 by 10 curse to come on his land.

So what's the propblem?
    The problem is that the curse still has yet to befall the land of Babylon. This curse requires that even the timber and the stones of her land be consumed.
    Cyrus didn't destroy Babylon's land.
    So - this means????
    Well, it means that Babylon - Shinar was to rise again and the prophecy even adds in wickedness to the scene.

Next time you see Iraq on a map or think about it - picture it as has a curse setting on its land. One day this curse will come to pass, but first Shinar had to rise again.

So an ephah that came from Shinar - was returned to Shinar - to one day rebuild the kingdom.

"it shall be established"
    "set there upon her own base"

Look at Daniel 2 - for there it shows that the wind carries pieces of fallen empires - as they look for a place to start over again. Zechariah reveals to us that Shinar found her place again in her own land when she was carried by the wind.

Zec. 5:9-11 "...the wind...To build it an house in the land of Shinar..."
    Odd I was just reading Zech. this morning! I have mixed feelings about an actually rebuilding or resurrection of Babylon. I was listening to someone on the radio and the comment was made that the prince of Persia, the one Gabriel was fighting with and Daniel waited 3 weeks for, was never taken out of the way and his kingdom so to speak is still in affect. Now I suppose a belief in that would have to be from belief in the fallen ones or that God appointed someone to be the prince over that land. I do think that Babylon will play some role but will it be with the US still in that land or will say Iran actually set up the caliph in Iraq as I hear they want to. It is true from what I understand that Babylon has never fallen or been destroyed and doesn't the word say that it will eventually be destroyed?

Comment

Hi mizzdy

I want to look at that part you have commented on as to Daniel waited three weeks for Gabriel to show up.
      I'm heading to Daniel 10 as that is what I believe you are referring to.
      Daniel 10 gives us two visions.
      One occurs the 1st day of the third year of Cyrus.
      The second vision happens at the 24th day (and shows Daniel a certain man). This vision of a specific man causes Daniel to again be in sorrow for this chapter. No heavenly beings come to Daniel till that 24th day vision occurs.

Daniel 10:1
      "In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed to Daniel...understanding of the vision."
      But hey! Where is Daniel's account as to what he saw?
      Daniel doesn't write out the details at this time. He goes on with how he after 21 days - three full weeks - began to eat pleasant bread again - then tells us of a vision that put him in sorrow again at the 24th day.
      Daniel mourned for three full weeks. But no one holy came to help him know the events around that vision -not till the 24th day.

10:14 "Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision [is] for [many] days."
      Daniel chapter 10 is endtime prophecy.This chapter links up with chapter 11.
      At the end of chapter 10- the holy being was too busy to keep speaking with Daniel about this endtime stuff - he had to be off but speaks as to that he will return later. Chapter 11 is where the holy being returns to continue the information as to chapter 10's visions.

Daniel 11:13
      "...after certain years...."
      11:14
      "...to establish the vision..."
      Now we get the finer details as to what Daniel saw in regards to the first vision experienced in chapter 10.
      The three full weeks of sorrow vision. Could this be also the time that Jesus referred to as the "beginning of sorrows"?
      We have thus- a three full weeks - 21-yr warning before the time of the man of sin.
      Watch for things of Daniel 11:14-20 and know that soon the man of sin will show up as the vile person for V21.

It is right that Babylon has never fallen as the OT tells us that it will. Cyrus never destroyed Babylon. It still existed in the days of the Romans and even today - troops have visited there.
      Isaiah 13:19
      "And Babylon, the glory of the kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah."
      V20
      "It shall never be inhabited..."

Comment

Let's look at some stuff for Zec. 5.

I said the porch before the temple of Solomon - God's temple was 20 by 10.

1 Kings 6:3
        "And the porch before the temple of the house, twenty cubits [was] the length....ten cubits [was] the breadth...

Zec. 5:2
        "...I see a flying roll...twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits."

As if a warning - a judgment goes over the earth seeking who destroyed the site of the 20 by 10 cubits place of God.
        Shinar is to blame.
        Shinar has earned the curse - and her kingdom must be consumed - even the timber and the stones of it.
        her house - must be destroyed
        as God's house was

Nebuchadnezzar had entered into God's holy house and now that size of a curse was to hunt the earth for the guilty party - Shinar.
        This same size will now enter into Shinar - so as to have her kingdom - her house destroyed - consumed.
        even the timber and the stones
        ,,,just as God's house was made of timber and stones

So with Babylon having already fallen to the Persians - this would now require that a piece of fallen Babylon gets taken by the wind rght back to Shinar.

Just as in Daniel 2 - we find that empires hunt the earth for a place to rebuild - and finally God will have them all swept away.

Daniel 2:35
        "Then was the iron, the clay, the brass the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth."
        But before this time comes,,,,,

Jer. 51:24
        "And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith the LORD."
        V25
        "Behold, I [am] against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the LORD, which destroyest all the earth..."

Comment

Jeremiah 51:6
          "Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul...he will render unto her a recompence."

Last time - Daniel and many others never left - let alone fled Babylon due to God was going to have her punished.
          This has to be endtime prophecy.
          With that then I look at the last part of this chapter>

V54
          "A sound of a cry [cometh] from Babylon, and great destruction from the land of the Chaldeans."
          V61
          "And Jeremiah said to Seraiah, When thou comest to Babylon, and shalt see, and shalt read all these words;"
          V62
          "Then shalt thou say, O LORD, thou hast spoken against this place, to cut it off, that none shall remain in it, neither man nor beast, but it shall be desolate for ever."
          Last edited by vinsight4u8; Nov 9th 2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Other prophets go right along with what Zechariah has revealed to us - Shinar is to rebuild and be wicked.

Zechariah 5 ended as to a house is coming there.

"And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar...it shall be established..."

Do you know that means Shinar will need the spirits to come - the first part will be the spirit of wisdom and understanding?
            the white horse time

Proverbs 24:3
            "Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:"

Isaiah 11:2
            "And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding..."

Zec. 6 - horses of various colors get seen
            V5 "...These are the four spirits of the heavens..."

Proverbs 8:15
            "By me kings reign, and princes decree justice."
            V16
            "By me princes rule, and nobles, [even] all the judges of the earth."
            V14
            "Counsel [is] mine, and sound wisdom: I [am] understanding; I have strength.'
            So kings reign by wisdom and understanding

How did Israel start her kingdom?
            Let's see.

Deuteronomy 1:8
            "...i have set the land...go in and possess the land..."
            V13
            "Take you wise men, and understanding...I will make them rulers..."

So the kingdom of Israel began with those of wisdom and understanding going to possess the land.

Just as the rider in the first seal of Revelation is to go forth conquering and to conquer.
            Proverbs 4:7-9
            "Wisdom [is] the principal thing...and with all they getting get understanding....a crown of glory..."

With wisdom and understanding time - comes the time to possess the land and get a crown.
            start the nation

For the seals - it was the nation of Shinar.
            Iraq
            Last edited by vinsight4u8; Nov 9th 2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

So the first seal rider was King Faisal - the first ruler of Iraq.

Comment

Prophecy for the seals also comes from Deuteronomy chapter 32.

KJV
                32:20 "...will hide my face..."
                ,,,Okay, God will hide His face for the time of trouble against Israel - but come the 6th seal and God is showing His face which - causes the wicked to hide.

So before the 6th seal comes...

V24
                "They [shall be] burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction...the teeth of beasts...
                V23
                "The sword....
                V26
                "I said, I would scatter them into corners..."
                V21
                "They have moved me to jealousy...they have provoked me to anger...I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation."

Comment

Clear to even Romans 10:19 the world was still waiting for this Deuteronomy 32:21 prophecy to come to pass.

Romans - "...by a foolish nation I will anger you

Deuteronomy 32:21 "...I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation."

Iraq is coming - the nation that is to provoke Israel.

Comment

time for the nation of Shinar

first seal
                    King Faisal

A time of trouble will eventually come due to another ruler (the 4th seal).
                    God will hide His face and let Israel be taken by her enemy.
                    The church is slain in the 5th seal.

6th seal - God shows His face
                    causing the wicked to hide
                    God is having mercy on Jerusalem and the church.

Comment

Zechariah 5
                      V1
                      Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll."
                      V2
                      "And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof [is] twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits."
                      V4
                      "..is the curse...it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name..."
                      God's name has been on the holy site ever since the days of Solomon.

I see this chapter as showing us the curse was earned by Shinar - as to her destruction at the place of the name of God - the 20 by 10 cubits location porch was crossed wickedly - by Nebuchadnezzar of Shinar - so now Shinar must one day get rebuilt so that the curse can cause her land to eventually be consumed.

So an ephah - a broken - fallen empire piece is returned to Shinar where the piece came from and - her house - palace will be established.
                      Next comes Zechariah chapter 6 to show the appointed time for her kingdom to again rise. - as in not till the latter end days come for the Greek Empire - brass area.

Zec. 9:13
                      "When I have bent Judah for me, filled the bow with Ephraim, and raised up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Greece, and made thee as the sword of a mighty man."
                      V!4
                      "And the LORD shall be seen over them,...
                      V15
                      "The LORD of hosts shall defend them...

Comment

Babylon, Latitude 3234'N, Longitude 4422'E, approximately 55 miles south of Baghdad, is a ghost town.

Saddam Hussein in 1985 started what later became a failed Babylon rebuilding project.

But there are plans to continue:

Unesco intends to put the magic back in Babylon
                        By Jeffrey Gettleman
                        Published: FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2006

"But Iraqi leaders and UN officials are not giving up on it. They are working assiduously to restore Babylon, home to the Hanging Gardens, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. They want to turn it into a cultural center and possibly even an Iraqi theme park."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/04/13/news/babylon.php

A slightly older article:

Baghdad's grands projects in the age of Saddam Hussein.
                        By Edward McBride

"No one really knows what ancient Babylon looked like--but Saddam Hussein thinks he does."

http://www.metropolismag.com/html/co...9/ju99monu.htm

I have my doubts that Babylon will achieve its former glory as spoken of in prophecy, if the reference to Babylon can be taken as a literal modern day city, and if it did it would be well beyond the scope of our lifetime I think.
                        Until you've lost all faith in humanity you will be forever blind.

Comment

Rev. 18 refers to the Babylon that made the nations drink - and that links us back directly to Jeremiah 25:15.

Comment

Rev. 18 refers to the Babylon that made the nations drink
                            Babylon, Mystery Babylon? Could it be the Vatican that is about to get nuked?

Comment

Jeremiah 50:34
                              "Their Redeemer [is] strong; the LORD of hosts...he shall thoroughly plead their cause, that he may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon."
                              When Israel is restored to their land after the great tribulation - it becomes time to punish the people of Babylon.

V8
                              "Remove out of the midst of Babylon...out of the land of the Chaldeans...
                              51:6
                              "Flee out of the midst of Babylon...this is the time of the LORD's vengeance...

V24
                              "And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil..."
                              V26
                              "And they shall not take of thee a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations, but thou shalt be desolate for ever, saith the LORD."

Here's something to think about when wondering when Babylon's fall comes.

Jeremiah 27:6
                              "And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzzar the king of Babylon...
                              V7
                              "And all nations shall serve him....until the very time of his land come..."
                              until the very time of his land

Isaiah 13
                              V11
                              "And I will punish the world for their evil...
                              V13
                              "...shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place...
                              V19
                              "And Babylon the glory of the kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah."
                              V20
                              "It shall never be inhabited...neither shall the Assyrian pitch tent there...V22...her time is near to come..."

Babylon's glory falls - her time comes when the earth is removed out of her place, when the heavens are shaken.

6th seal - earthquake
                              and heaven is shaken
                              God shows His face

heaven departs
                              = time for men to rise and get their change
                              as in Job 14:12,14

"man... riseth not: till the heavens [be] no more"

Comment

Working...
                              X