Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

% of Christians that know Christ returns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• % of Christians that know Christ returns?

Before I was shown a video and before I started reading the Bible for myself, I had no idea that Jesus Christ would return. More and more preachers are integrating the return into their sermons and that's a great thing. I don't believe that the majority of Christians understand that Jesus is returning.

What do you think is the actual percentage of Christians who know that Christ is returning?

I don't know what forum to post this under, so sorry if it mislead you.
    sigpic

I have no idea, good question, but no idea what the answer is.

sigpic

Comment

Just off the top of my head, without any data, I would think that almost every Christian would know that Jesus returns to earth some day and that shortly thereafter we have what we know as "the end of the age" or "the end of time" and the beginning of eternity future.

Whether they know the particular tenets and arguments of one of the various eschatological positions may be an entirely different question.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
        Before I was shown a video and before I started reading the Bible for myself, I had no idea that Jesus Christ would return. More and more preachers are integrating the return into their sermons and that's a great thing. I don't believe that the majority of Christians understand that Jesus is returning.

What do you think is the actual percentage of Christians who know that Christ is returning?

No more than ten percent are actually doing something about it.

Most believe that He will return in some capacity because it is taught............................ but not applied...............
        Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Comment

I believe the number is low... the percentage... I agree that many believe He will return... but they put it aside as.. its not really going ot happen in my lifetime.....

He is Returning... Physically and Literally to this Earth...

They shall look upon Him whom they Pierced......

He is not coming as the Suffering Servant as described in Isaiah... and this from His 1st Advent....

but as the Conquering King of kings and Lord of lords... as described in the the Revelation of Jesus the Christ.. or easily described as the 'unveiling'... this Public and with Great Power... this the 2nd Advent or Revelation.....

The world is still looking for its messiah..... The Jews are still looking for their messiah... although they missed the mark the 1st time when He came... the world and the Jews will get an imposter for a short time..... only to find out he is not 'the messiah'...

Jesus the Christ.. who is God manifest in the flesh.. the only True Messiah is Returning... Physically and Literally to this earth..... it will be as real as the 5 fingers on your hand..............

Today is ONE DAY CLOSER to His Appearing..... and the Blessed Hope.....

Have you kept the Word of His Patience as speaks about in the Book of Revelation???
          Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
          ------------------------------------------------
          Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
          ------------------------------------------------
          The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
          Jeremiah 31:3

Comment

My perception before I read the bible was that we go to heaven when we are done here and that's that. I had no idea of a new heaven and new earth and Christ's return. I suspect there are many who think like I did.
            sigpic

Comment

My perception before I read the bible was that we go to heaven when we are done here and that's that. I had no idea of a new heaven and new earth and Christ's return. I suspect there are many who think like I did.
              That is all I knew for many years and I think the heart of the matter is that we will be with Jesus forever, and that is the important thing. Absent from the body, present with the Lord, thats all that matters really. When we leave this life, and we will, one way or another, we are going to be with Jesus somewhere, and His righteousness will fill our existence completely and perfectly and we are to be free of this flesh that torments us. How glorious that will be!!

sigpic

Comment

I went to www.barna.org, an organization that does statistical analyses on just about anything related to religion. I did not find anything specific to answer this question however, I did find other interesting stuff like 40% of evangelical christians believe Christ sinned while on earth.
                Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.
                Psalm 62:5
                sigpic

Comment

Very well

Very well, we only know the signs of End Times in Luke 21 and other verses after seeing it on TV or camp theme song .

Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
                  2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

Comment

Joe

All I know He is coming soon

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
                      Joe

All I know He is coming soon
                      Soon is such a realtive term. People 2000 years ago said the same thing and believe Jesus was coming soon. Normally at the end of each century you have a rush on of people that feel the end is very near. Remeber in Gods time 1 day is as a 1000 years. So we are only in our second day in Gods timing.
                      So soon could be view within a week which could be 5000 more years!

Of course I do not feel it will be that long but the honest answer is we just do not know. I feel you have a much greater chance of meeting Jesus by dieing than waiting for the actual event to occur. That is why it is so important to live a Godly life vs spending most of the times on end times stuff because in reality your own end time is probabaly much closer than Jesus coming back.
                      God Bless
                      Randy
                      And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
                      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

Working...
                      X