If you dont hold to a 7 year trib view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you dont hold to a 7 year trib view

I'm just curious to what others think about this. Those who believe in a 7 year tribulation are busy looking for a number of things to happen. Even now they see biblical prophecy being fulfilled and they have a check list to go through before the Lords return( of course the pre-trib view has the church gone and watching these events from heaven) Each event fulfilled would be confirmation of their understanding of scripture(to them anyway)

My question to those who dont share this point of view is this.

If any of the things on the 7 year trib check list were to happen, how would it alter, if at all, your view? If you woke up tomorrow and Damascus was destroyed, or if a peace agreement was signed and an anti-christ rises up? If Russia or Iran were to attack Israel with missiles but miraculously none hit Israel. If two witnesses were to appear on the streets of Jerusalem, or the temple built and sacrifices resumed? If a mark was inforced???

blessings
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

I don't believe in a 7-year anything; because the NT doesn't mention it (Revelation mentions 5 different sets of 3.5 year periods, and a 5 month period...nothing 7 years therein); and the Daniel passage that is often applied by Pretribbers as a future 7 year period; I believe is incorrectly misapplied. I believe Daniel's 70 week prophecy was about Christ's first coming; and all of the context of that vision was concluded 2000 years ago.

Nonetheless, even without a future 7year trib expectation; I do believe that as the Gospels and Paul taught, things will get worse and worse prior to Christ's return; and there will be a great falling away from the faith.

You don't have to believe in a 7-yr period to believe that things will get really bad, an anti-christ type leader may arise, Christians will be severely persecuted unlike any time on Earth, two literal witnesses may arise, great plagues and disasters will smite the Earth, a final worldwide battle will focus on Megiddo, Christ will return in power and respendant glory in the clouds to gather his faithful followers (living and dead) and change them incorruptible as well as gather and cast the wicked into the everlasting flames.

For me, the context of Daniel 9 is a prophecy that was given about a block of time that contained 70 weeks of years that concluded with Jesus being killed during the final 70th week of that prophecy; and Him making and end to the animal sacrifice and offering system.

Jesus Himself quoted from Daniel 9 several times and applied it to His accomplishments in the 1st century; and no NT endtime passages mention a 7 year period, or mention Daniel's 70th week...so I just don't apply it there...because I can't find a strong enough biblical arguement to do so.

Will be interesting to see how others reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Indueseason View Post
      I'm just curious to what others think about this. Those who believe in a 7 year tribulation are busy looking for a number of things to happen. Even now they see biblical prophecy being fulfilled and they have a check list to go through before the Lords return( of course the pre-trib view has the church gone and watching these events from heaven) Each event fulfilled would be confirmation of their understanding of scripture(to them anyway)

My question to those who dont share this point of view is this.

If any of the things on the 7 year trib check list were to happen, how would it alter, if at all, your view? If you woke up tomorrow and Damascus was destroyed, or if a peace agreement was signed and an anti-christ rises up? If Russia or Iran were to attack Israel with missiles but miraculously none hit Israel. If two witnesses were to appear on the streets of Jerusalem, or the temple built and sacrifices resumed? If a mark was inforced???

blessings
      Considering that the things you mention are expected, I would think the occurrence of any of those things would only tend to confirm one's beliefs, not convince anybody of the need to change them.
      ----------------------------------------------
      When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

One view that I like to hold is that God controls how the end times play out. Who am I to figure out how He can do it or why He should do it a certain way. God has said that He'll save His people from His wrath (re: Lot) but Jesus said that we would be persecuted.

I am definitely not a scholar on bible prophecy, so I may be off base with this, but...

What if, that's always bad when that starts a thought, what if Jesus' death was half way through the last week of Daniel's prophecy and we are waiting for the AC to appear and finish off the last part.

Is that a possible outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
          I don't believe in a 7-year anything; because the NT doesn't mention it (Revelation mentions 5 different sets of 3.5 year periods, and a 5 month period...nothing 7 years therein); and the Daniel passage that is often applied by Pretribbers as a future 7 year period; I believe is incorrectly misapplied. I believe Daniel's 70 week prophecy was about Christ's first coming; and all of the context of that vision was concluded 2000 years ago.

Nonetheless, even without a future 7year trib expectation; I do believe that as the Gospels and Paul taught, things will get worse and worse prior to Christ's return; and there will be a great falling away from the faith.

You don't have to believe in a 7-yr period to believe that things will get really bad, an anti-christ type leader may arise, Christians will be severely persecuted unlike any time on Earth, two literal witnesses may arise, great plagues and disasters will smite the Earth, a final worldwide battle will focus on Megiddo, Christ will return in power and respendant glory in the clouds to gather his faithful followers (living and dead) and change them incorruptible as well as gather and cast the wicked into the everlasting flames.

For me, the context of Daniel 9 is a prophecy that was given about a block of time that contained 70 weeks of years that concluded with Jesus being killed during the final 70th week of that prophecy; and Him making and end to the animal sacrifice and offering system.

Jesus Himself quoted from Daniel 9 several times and applied it to His accomplishments in the 1st century; and no NT endtime passages mention a 7 year period, or mention Daniel's 70th week...so I just don't apply it there...because I can't find a strong enough biblical arguement to do so.

Will be interesting to see how others reply.
          So all the things I've mentioned (just off the top of my head) can happen, in the order held by the 7 years tribbers and it still would not mean that their view was right? Would you see these events as fulfilled prophecy or just something that happened by chance so to speak?

blesings
          ------
          "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

Originally posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
            Considering that the things you mention are expected, I would think the occurrence of any of those things would only tend to confirm one's beliefs, not convince anybody of the need to change them.
            Wouldn't it just be confirmation for those who held a 7 years trib view? What about those who may not be expecting such events?

blessings
            ------

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

I hold to the futurist view but not a "7 year tribulation." The 7 years as David pointed out is a reference from Daniel and is known as the "70th Week of Daniel." I do believe this is future, but not that it is 7 years of Tribulation. The Tribulation is 3.5 years and begins halfway into the 7 years.

Here's the scenario as I understand it. The 70th week of Daniel begins when a covenant is confirmed "with many" for "one week" (i.e., 7 years). This will include the Antichrist and Israel and others as well. The Antichrist will not yet be known as such. 3.5 years later, the Antichrist will be revealed when he commits the Abomination of Desolation -- Paul the apostle states that he will go into the temple and claim to be God. When this happens, the Great Tribulation begins. The resurrection (including the rapture) occurs when Jesus returns to earth at the end of that tribulation.

Dan 9:27
              Matt 24:15-21
              2 Thess 2:1-12
              Love In Christ,
              Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by mfowler12 View Post
                One view that I like to hold is that God controls how the end times play out. Who am I to figure out how He can do it or why He should do it a certain way. God has said that He'll save His people from His wrath (re: Lot) but Jesus said that we would be persecuted.

I am definitely not a scholar on bible prophecy, so I may be off base with this, but...

What if, that's always bad when that starts a thought, what if Jesus' death was half way through the last week of Daniel's prophecy and we are waiting for the AC to appear and finish off the last part.

Is that a possible outcome?
                Isn't that just a shorter but similar view to the 7 year trib view??

blessings
                ------

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
                  I hold to the futurist view but not a "7 year tribulation." The 7 years as David pointed out is a reference from Daniel and is known as the "70th Week of Daniel." I do believe this is future, but not that it is 7 years of Tribulation. The Tribulation is 3.5 years and begins halfway into the 7 years.

Here's the scenario as I understand it. The 70th week of Daniel begins when a covenant is confirmed "with many" for "one week" (i.e., 7 years). This will include the Antichrist and Israel and others as well. The Antichrist will not yet be known as such. 3.5 years later, the Antichrist will be revealed when he commits the Abomination of Desolation -- Paul the apostle states that he will go into the temple and claim to be God. When this happens, the Great Tribulation begins. The resurrection (including the rapture) occurs when Jesus returns to earth at the end of that tribulation.

Dan 9:27
                  Matt 24:15-21
                  2 Thess 2:1-12
                  It still seems similar, but shorter than the 7 years view. So your expecting these events but not everyone is as I see it. They wont be a suprise to you but they might be to others

blessings
                  ------

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

Isn't that just a shorter but similar view to the 7 year trib view??

blessings
                    Could be, sounds like it, but I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

Comment

It still seems similar, but shorter than the 7 years view. So your expecting these events but not everyone is as I see it. They wont be a suprise to you but they might be to others

blessings
                      There are so many different eschatological views it can be hard to keep them straight. But yes, it can be divided first into two groups -- those who believe in a future fulfillment of these things culminating in the return of Christ, and those who believe all has already been fulfilled. Then there are many different views in between.

Because I am 'futurist, post trib' I would not be surprised to see these things began to take place. I think it could possibly even happen in my lifetime. So much of the necessary 'infrastructure' is in place.

It is similar to the 7 year view, but different on a very important point. Those who believe in a '7 year tribulation' believe in a pretrib rapture, which holds that the Lord will gather His church out of the world before these things are fulfilled -- either right before or at the same time the 7 year covenant is confirmed. I think for a pretribber (I used to be pretrib) to see these things being fulfilled, it would be very distressing because the belief is that they will not see these things or have to go through any of it.

But it hasn't happened yet... it remains to be seen. Maybe soon.
                      Love In Christ,
                      Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by mfowler12 View Post
                        Could be, sounds like it, but I don't know. That's why I'm asking.
                        It seems to be what Tanya is describing
                        ------

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

I forgot to mention a third camp... those who believe in a future fulfillment of these things culminating in the return of Christ, those who believe all has already been fulfilled, and those who believe the fulfillment will be (or was) 'spiritual' rather than literal.
                          Love In Christ,
                          Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
                            I forgot to mention a third camp... those who believe in a future fulfillment of these things culminating in the return of Christ, those who believe all has already been fulfilled, and those who believe the fulfillment will be (or was) 'spiritual' rather than literal.
                            Yes these are the people I'm curious about. If they believe things happen in the spiritual, or that many things have already taken place, will they be suprised if they literally happen, or happen again? Will it alter how they see things or will it just not be bible prophecy being fulfilled?? Am I making sense? Probably not
                            ------

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

You're making perfect sense. Yes, I think they will be ... not only surprised, but very, very troubled.
                              Love In Christ,
                              Tanya

Comment

Working...
                              X