Daniel 9:27 - "he"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel 9:27 - "he"

Is the same he spoken of at the start of chapter 9 - this was tied up in a prophecy of Jeremiah.

See Jeremiah 25:11

Here you will find the "he" that will desolate for Daniel 9:27.
    http://prophecyinsights.com

Only a Babylonian king can fill the role of Daniel 9:27's "he".

An Iraqi ruler is to come and desolate the sanctuary.

Comment

Daniel 9:27 - "he"
      (Jesus)

Daniel 9:24-27
      Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression(Jesus), and to make an end of sins
      (Jesus), and to make reconciliation for iniquity(Jesus), and to bring in everlasting righteousness(Jesus), and to seal up the vision and prophecy(Jesus), and to anoint the most Holy(Jesus). Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince(Jesus) shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off(Jesus), but not for himself(Jesus): and the people of the prince(Jesus) that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he(Jesus) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he(Jesus) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he(Jesus) shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Galatians 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ(Jesus)

Matthew 26:27 And when (Jesus) had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 10:8 Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He(Jesus) taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
        (Jesus)

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression(Jesus), and to make an end of sins
        (Jesus), and to make reconciliation for iniquity(Jesus), and to bring in everlasting righteousness(Jesus), and to seal up the vision and prophecy(Jesus), and to anoint the most Holy(Jesus). Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince(Jesus) shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off(Jesus), but not for himself(Jesus): and the people of the prince(Jesus) that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he(Jesus) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he(Jesus) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he(Jesus) shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Galatians 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ(Jesus)

Matthew 26:27 And when (Jesus) had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 10:8 Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He(Jesus) taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Perhaps more strictly understood, it is the Messiah figure being mentioned within the prophecy against abominable Jews. It is a prediction that although the Messiah would come, Jerusalem would be an abomination. This was confirmed during Jesus' condemnation of the Temple in all the Gospels.
        ~Clay

Comment

(Jesus)

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression(Jesus), and to make an end of sins(Jesus), and to make reconciliation for iniquity(Jesus), and to bring in everlasting righteousness(Jesus), and to seal up the vision and prophecy(Jesus), and to anoint the most Holy(Jesus). Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince(Jesus) shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off(Jesus), but not for himself(Jesus): and the people of the prince(Jesus) that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he(Jesus) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he(Jesus) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he(Jesus) shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

When did the people of Jesus destroy the city and sanctuary?

Comment

Originally posted by cwb View Post
            When did the people of Jesus destroy the city and sanctuary?
            God used the Romans in 70 AD to destroy the city and the sanctuary. This was part of Jesus' vindication.
            ~Clay

Comment

Originally posted by Clay Blucher View Post
              God used the Romans in 70 AD to destroy the city and the sanctuary. This was part of Jesus' vindication.

So you are saying the Roman soldiers were "the people of Jesus"?

Comment

All in how you understand the genitive. Considering the original is truly "people" and not "followers", then the case can definately be made that even the Roman soldiers were indeed the people of the Prince... who destroyed the Temple.
                ~Clay

Comment

Good question. I think that before I comment on this topic, I want to see how this question is answered.

Comment

What verse in Daniel 9 reveals to the reader why Gabriel came to speak with Daniel?

Comment

"The people of the Prince"
                      John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Matt 12:6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son. But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be our's. And they took him, and killed him

Were responsible for the "destruction the city and sanctuary"

Matt 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate

Matt 23:26 Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.

Comment

"The people of the Prince"
                        John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Matt 12:6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son. But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be our's. And they took him, and killed him

Were responsible for the "destruction the city and sanctuary"

Matt 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate

Matt 23:26 Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.
                        The thing that I have against what you are showing, David, is that the verse in question, Daniel 9:26, does not say that the peopole of the ruler is responsible for Jerusalem's destruction. It says that they actually destroy both it, and it's temple.

You have to reconcile this issue in order for me to accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by third hero View Post
                          The thing that I have against what you are showing, David, is that the verse in question, Daniel 9:26, does not say that the peopole of the ruler is responsible for Jerusalem's destruction. It says that they actually destroy both it, and it's temple.

You have to reconcile this issue in order for me to accept it.
                          Had they accepted and not rejected Messiah the prince, Jerusalem wouldn't have been destroyed.

Because of their rejection and treatment of Him; God destroyed their city.

They were completely responsible for its destruction....and that is why Jesus told them that Jerusalem, Jerusalem; Desolate, Desolate.

Matthew 22:2 a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
                          Last edited by David Taylor; Nov 18th 2008, 05:16 PM. Reason: fixed reference typo

Comment

Had they accepted and not rejected Messiah the prince, Jerusalem wouldn't have been destroyed.

Because of their rejection and treatment of Him; God destroyed their city.

They were completely responsible for its destruction....and that is why Jesus told them that Jerusalem, Jerusalem; Desolate, Desolate.

Matthew 22:2 a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
                            In quoting Mathew 22:2 here, are you saying this already happened? Are you saying that Rev 19 (where there is the marriage and the armies of
                            Christ follow Him) already happened? Were the Roman soldiers Christ's armies?
                            Last edited by David Taylor; Nov 18th 2008, 05:16 PM. Reason: fixed reference typo

Comment

In quoting Mathew 22:2 here, are you saying this already happened? Are you saying that Rev 19 (where there is the marriage and the armies of
                              Christ follow Him) already happened? Were the Roman soldiers Christ's armies?
                              I am not saying Revelation 19 has already happened. That has nothing to do with this quoted verse.

Matthew 22.2 is showing that because Jerusalem and most of its people rejected the King's Son, he sent forth armies to destroy the city and those responsible for murdering His Son.

That occurred between 66-70 A.D.; when Jerusalem was destroyed as Jesus prophesied.

Revelation 19 has to do with the final return of Jesus from Heaven, and the final destruction of all of the wicked of the entire world....completely different event.

Jesus also made reference to the same destruction upon Jerusalem and those who would reject Him and their demise, when He said just a few verses earlier:

Matthew 21:33-22:7
                              21:33 There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. 21:46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet. 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city."

Both tellings by Jesus express the same result that was fulfilled when Jerusalem and those who killed Christ were destroyed in 66-70 A.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X