Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

    Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

    Most of us agree that Jesus did not finish his last supper with his disciples. He has indicated that he should finish the passover seder with them in his Father's kingdom.

    But while we comb through the entire book of Revelation,since it has recorded all the major future events, we couldn't find this passover seder which Jesus has promised, except the marriage supper of the Lamb in Revelation 19. I think the answer is simple. The marriage supper of the Lamb "is" the passover seder Jesus has promised during the last supper. And this event shall be held in his Father's kingdom,on a future passover,Nisan 14. Otherwise,it cannot be called the passover seder. And since Jesus returns right away with his armies after this marriage supper,it also implies to us that Jesus shall return on a future Nisan 15.

  • #2
    Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

    There is also some indication from Jesus that he may come back on a future Passover.

    Luke 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

    They shall not see Jesus until they say "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord". Now,"Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord" is part of Hallel. Hallel is a Jewish prayer, a verbatim recitation from Psalm 113 - 118 which is used for praise and thanksgiving that is recited by the Jews on their three festival of Passover,Shavuot,and Sukkot. Last time they recited this song is at the time of Jesus' triumphal entry to Jerusalem.

    Luke 19:38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

    Did Jesus relate his second coming to a future Passover during which the recitation of the Hallel shall take place? Some thought here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

      There is another evidence that Jesus' second coming shall take place in season of spring.

      Daniel 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. 35Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

      The stone is Jesus. It speaks of his return. The key word is "became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors". It doesn't say "became like the chaff of the autumn threshing floors". And because it may require days,months to rebuke and judge all nations,to place his return in season of spring is reasonable.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

        Originally posted by Marrty Fox
        Deleted by Mod
        You must have something against me by challenging my faith. Is it because of our difference in interpreting bible prophecy? Since I join forums and share my study with fellows many years ago,I don't encounter anyone who challenge my faith except you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

          He's a troll and has been banned.
          Day by day
          Oh Dear Lord
          Three things I pray
          To see thee more clearly
          Love thee more dearly
          Follow thee more nearly
          Day by day

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

            Originally posted by BrianW View Post
            He's a troll and has been banned.
            I see. Thank you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

              Originally posted by BrianW View Post
              He's a troll and has been banned.
              Very good. Didn't think it was our Marty fox. Why was he allowed to join with the same name?

              Edit....Time for me to upgrade my glasses
              And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

                I agree, I think the fulfillment of this will be the marriage supper in heaven
                "Be the you that GOD created you to be.
                Be true, be bold, be free; a reflection of LOVE HIMSELF. Not for another one. Not even for you. Just for HIM. Live, move and have your being in HIM. HE loves you just the way HE made you, so don't ever change. And if you must change, change to be more the you that you truly are in HIM, and let HIM fully be in you. HE loves you so. There is no greater intimacy."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

                  Originally posted by 2ndcoming View Post
                  Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

                  Most of us agree that Jesus did not finish his last supper with his disciples. He has indicated that he should finish the passover seder with them in his Father's kingdom.

                  But while we comb through the entire book of Revelation,since it has recorded all the major future events, we couldn't find this passover seder which Jesus has promised, except the marriage supper of the Lamb in Revelation 19. I think the answer is simple. The marriage supper of the Lamb "is" the passover seder Jesus has promised during the last supper. And this event shall be held in his Father's kingdom,on a future passover,Nisan 14. Otherwise,it cannot be called the passover seder. And since Jesus returns right away with his armies after this marriage supper,it also implies to us that Jesus shall return on a future Nisan 15.
                  On what basis do you claim that he did not FINISH the Passover seder? My impression is that you are of quartadeciman thought (passover takes place on the 14th as opposed to quintadeciman thought that it begins at the end of the 14th, i.e. the 15th).

                  Are you saying that he didn't celebrate the Passover (he only shared supper with them on the 14th and offered himself on the next day at the time of preparing the sacrifices at the 9th hour of the day)? To say that he didn't is to say that they didn't.
                  Blessings to all who keepeth the sayings and the prophecy of HIS book!
                  GB

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

                    Originally posted by 2ndcoming View Post
                    And since Jesus returns right away with his armies after this marriage supper,it also implies to us that Jesus shall return on a future Nisan 15.
                    I believe He returns (to the earth) BEFORE "the wedding feast/supper," which feast/supper IS the commencement of the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom (TO which others will "have been" called/invited... Revelation 19:9 [the "invitation" being the message of Matthew 24:14 (proclaimed DURING the 7-yrs)], and the ones attending will be those "blessed" of Rev19:9; Dan12:12 "blessed"; Matt25:31-34 "blessed"; Lk12:36-37,38,40,43-44 "blessed"; Matt24:44-47 "blessed" [in the Mark 11:10 "blessed"])...

                    ...and also present will be those in Matt8:11 and Lk13:29-30 "shall sit down [at a meal]," for the OT saints will have been [after the 7-yrs; Dan12:13] resurrected [to stand again on the earth] FOR this very thing.


                    "The kingdom of the heavens [on the earth]" = "the wedding feast/supper" = the earthly MK
                    (Matt22:9-14nasb; Matt25:1,10nasb...)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

                      [QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by goldenboy View Post
                      On what basis do you claim that he did not FINISH the Passover seder? My impression is that you are of quartadeciman thought (passover takes place on the 14th as opposed to quintadeciman thought that it begins at the end of the 14th, i.e. the 15th).

                      Are you saying that he didn't celebrate the Passover (he only shared supper with them on the 14th and offered himself on the next day at the time of preparing the sacrifices at the 9th hour of the day)? To say that he didn't is to say that they didn't.
                      On these basis;

                      Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

                      Mark 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

                      Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: 16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

                      Luke 22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

                      He did partake the passover seder with them. But he didn't eat or drink with them. He says he will finish it with them in his Father's kingdom.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

                        Originally posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
                        I believe He returns (to the earth) BEFORE "the wedding feast/supper," which feast/supper IS the commencement of the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom (TO which others will "have been" called/invited... Revelation 19:9 [the "invitation" being the message of Matthew 24:14 (proclaimed DURING the 7-yrs)], and the ones attending will be those "blessed" of Rev19:9; Dan12:12 "blessed"; Matt25:31-34 "blessed"; Lk12:36-37,38,40,43-44 "blessed"; Matt24:44-47 "blessed" [in the Mark 11:10 "blessed"])...

                        ...and also present will be those in Matt8:11 and Lk13:29-30 "shall sit down [at a meal]," for the OT saints will have been [after the 7-yrs; Dan12:13] resurrected [to stand again on the earth] FOR this very thing.


                        "The kingdom of the heavens [on the earth]" = "the wedding feast/supper" = the earthly MK
                        (Matt22:9-14nasb; Matt25:1,10nasb...)

                        I think we have this discussion few years ago on another forum. The book of Revelation is in chronological order,including Revelation 19. It is pretty clear that the marriage supper of the Lamb is held in heaven,immediately followed by Jesus' return to earth.

                        And by suggesting the marriage supper of the Lamb shall be held on earth,you have down played the task Jesus has to face when he returns.The world is no longer an ordinary world after all the seals,trumpets,vials judgment,not to mention the global nuclear warfare that kills 1/3 of population. You can read the Judgment on All Nations in Jeremiah 25:12-38,Isaiah 24,and see how severe it is.

                        Isaiah 24:1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. 2And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. 3The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word. 4The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. 5The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. 6Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

                        And Jesus will be busy judging nations for parted his land,and led his people to captive.

                        Joel 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

                        To restore the earth,it may take months to do it. To suggest marriage supper of the Lamb shall take place on earth,it's only your wishful thinking and it is unbiblical. And like I said,there is a purpose for Jesus to place this event right before his return. He wants us to know that his return shall tie in with a future Passover. Your consistent attempt against marriage supper of the Lamb being held in heaven,may work in accordance with the enemy. Just be careful if Jesus' return does take place on Passover.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

                          Originally posted by 2ndcoming View Post
                          I think we have this discussion few years ago on another forum. The book of Revelation is in chronological order,including Revelation 19. It is pretty clear that the marriage supper of the Lamb is held in heaven,immediately followed by Jesus' return to earth.
                          The passage says that "the marriage" has taken place... and regarding the guests (for the "feast/supper"), "having been invited" (that is, the inviting has been accomplished by then)... but it does not say that "the marriage feast/supper" has taken place (as of yet, at that time). I believe it corresponds perfectly with the Matthew 25:1,10nasb "wedding feast/supper" (and Matthew 22:9-14nasb, as well as Luke 12:36-37,40 upon His "return" [that is, to the earth]).

                          There is only one "rapture" (that of "the Church which is His body" before the 7-yrs/70th-Wk; FOR "the marriage"), but those who are "resurrected" AFTER/AT END of the 7-yrs/70th-Wk (Daniel 12:13, Revelation 20:4, etc) attend "the wedding feast/supper" [i.e. the earthly MK] (these are "resurrected" [to stand again on the earth] rather than "raptured" ["IN THE AIR"]), as well as those who endure unto the end of that time period, entering as living/mortals ["having been invited" to the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, its inauguration (commencing at the time of Christ's 2nd Coming to the earth)] (none of these are said to be "raptured" [i.e. to a supposed heavenly feast/supper]). I supplied the passages, specifically (to show this).


                          Matthew 26:29 correlates with Luke 22:16,18,30 (and that correlates with Matthew 19:28 / Matthew 25:31-34 "When the Son of man comes..." [always a "2nd-Coming-to-the-earth" reference])

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

                            Originally posted by 2ndcoming View Post
                            Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

                            Most of us agree that Jesus did not finish his last supper with his disciples. He has indicated that he should finish the passover seder with them in his Father's kingdom.

                            But while we comb through the entire book of Revelation,since it has recorded all the major future events, we couldn't find this passover seder which Jesus has promised, except the marriage supper of the Lamb in Revelation 19. I think the answer is simple. The marriage supper of the Lamb "is" the passover seder Jesus has promised during the last supper. And this event shall be held in his Father's kingdom,on a future passover,Nisan 14. Otherwise,it cannot be called the passover seder. And since Jesus returns right away with his armies after this marriage supper,it also implies to us that Jesus shall return on a future Nisan 15.
                            I see your point but must disagree with your 2 main assumptions.

                            1) Yes Jesus came to Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover but He ate the referenced meal on the day before Passover not on Passover. Scripture does not call the last supper a Seder meal.

                            2) Matt. 26:29 does not make mention that when Jesus drinks wine again in Heaven it will be a Seder meal and that it will be the completions of this one.

                            May be your opinion but I find no support. Since the Passover feast has already been part of prophesy fulfillment it seems more likely that the 2nd coming will be on Feast of Trumpets.

                            Thanks for your thoughts

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Matthew 26:29,the unfinished passover seder and marriage supper of the Lamb

                              Originally posted by CurtTN View Post
                              I see your point but must disagree with your 2 main assumptions.

                              1) Yes Jesus came to Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover but He ate the referenced meal on the day before Passover not on Passover. Scripture does not call the last supper a Seder meal.

                              2) Matt. 26:29 does not make mention that when Jesus drinks wine again in Heaven it will be a Seder meal and that it will be the completions of this one.

                              May be your opinion but I find no support. Since the Passover feast has already been part of prophesy fulfillment it seems more likely that the 2nd coming will be on Feast of Trumpets.

                              Thanks for your thoughts
                              Interesting. Thank you! I've never put all these things together myself. As for predicting the 2nd coming will be on the Feast of Trumpets, I won't do that. Setting dates has never worked for anybody. However, I get your point. The Feast of Trumpets much better depicts Christ's coming than Passover!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X