I don't understand this idea of repopluating the New Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand this idea of repopluating the New Earth

Or even what scriptures this is drawn from. I never heard of it before...its just been over the last six months or so I have noticed people on here mentioning it but never including scriptures with it. I guess they assume everyone knows what part of the bible they are talking about...but I certainly don't! I have no clue where they are getting this idea from.

So first, I ask for the scriptures on it...and second what's the point? I really don't see a point in people repopulating a New Earth....not when you consider the millions, if not billions of believers since man was created...seems like to me there would be enough of us to start with. So why add more? It makes no sense to me and seems like such a foreign idea actually because I don't see this in scriptures..I have never heard one preacher talk about it...never read it in any bible related books.. even when I read Paul talking about the future return of Christ...our future new bodies and so forth, he doesn't mention one word of repopulating the New Earth...

Thanks.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

I have several questions for you.

Was the earth renewed after the Flood? Would've Noah called the depopulated earth after the flood new?

IN Revelation 16, the seventh bowl of God's wrath is a massive earthquake the splits Babylon into three portions and levels every other city in the world.

And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, [and] so great. And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. -Revelation 16:17-20

According to these scriptures, the mountains and the islands fall, and places like Japan, and Hawaii are no longer found on the earth. According to this scripture, the earth is forever transformed, and God begins His wrath against Babylon. If the mountains fall and the islands flee, then is not the earth destroyed, and the aftermath a renewal?

You see, I believe that the Amil model completely forget about Revelation 16, the chapter that explicitly states not only where the nations gather and who gathers them, but also states when the Lord gathers His people, and also what God does to the earth, which all occurs concurrently.

Now, to clarify things, I am by no means saying that when the actual new planet is formed that the Lord will have evildoers repopulate it. According to Revelation 21, the nations are healed by the leaves of the tree of life. We know that the tree of life is restricted to only those who are faithful to the Lord, and no one tainted by sin can partake of it, as Adam and Eve found out the hard way. Therefore, there is no way that anyone evil can be a part of the New Heaven and Earth as described in Revelation 21.

Therefore, I am in essence, bringing into play the "New" earth that will be present when the Lord returns, by means of an earthquake that will destroy most of the cities of the world, with only two cities left standing, Jerusalem and Babylon. (Zechariah 14:9-11 for Jerusalem; Revelation 16:17-20 for Babylon). When that happens, when the Lord returns, He will judge the entire earth, and the nations left on it. The nations will be judged on how they treated the saints during the Great Tribulation, (Matthew 25:31-46). Afterwards, those nations that He has mercy on will repopulate the earth, with the Lord ruling over all of them, and imposing His requirements. (Psalm 2, Zechariah 14:16-21, Isaiah 65, among others). This repopulation has to happen in order for Revelation 20:7-10 to happen. For the Tribulation saints will not betray Lord Jesus, (Revelation 20:4-6), and they wil not be able to produce sinners, having been transformed into their incorruptible bodies.

Therefore, According to the verses that I have brought above, a repopulation has to happen, during the Millennium, so that afterward, Satan can launch his final rebellion, and will end up joining the Beast and the False Prophet in the Lake.
    Last edited by third hero; Nov 29th 2008, 05:13 PM. Reason: Spelling errors....argh

Comment

Ummmm....ok...

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not in the position to debate it as I have no basic knowledge of this...

So you are saying Christians living in a perfect world have to have children to fight satan when the thousand years is over??? What's the point of that? I really don't get it...sorry...

God bless
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about Moonglow. I have never heard of the "repopulation of the Earth. Is it supposed to take place during the 1000 year reign of Christ or after in the New Heaven and Earth?

Comment

A brief summary of events...
          The final tribulation destroys the earth and all who live upon it, immediately after the righteous are taken to meet the Lord in the air at His second coming.
          The earth is left empty and void for a thousand years, the wicked who died remain on the earth unburied and unlamented. Satan is bound to the earth by circumstance and has no-one to tempt any more. The righteous are in heaven occupying their new mansions in the new Jerusalem.
          At the end of the 1000 years the new Jerusalem descends out of heaven to the earth, the wicked are raised and the devil rallies them in one final attempt to overthrow God's kingdom but they can only face their judgement and all, with the devil and and angels, are roasted alive and destroyed in the lake of fire. This fire also destroys everything else upon the earth that wasn't finished with at the second coming, like the pollution etc. The earth is thoroughly cleansed. The earth and heaven are remade and the saints repopulate the earth made new.
          There are scriptures to support every one of the above statements.
          Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and
          rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by Semi-tortured View Post
            I have no idea what you are talking about Moonglow. I have never heard of the "repopulation of the Earth. Is it supposed to take place during the 1000 year reign of Christ or after in the New Heaven and Earth?
            I wish I knew what I was talking about too... I am trying to find out though! lol. I have seen more and more members mention this in other threads on other topics about how yes during the thousand year reign of Christ, people who survived the tribulation will have totally peace and no sin....but apparently death is still there...I only had one mention Isaiah 65 for reference...

17 “ For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
            And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
            18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
            For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing,
            And her people a joy.
            19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
            And joy in My people;
            The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
            Nor the voice of crying.
            20 “ No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,
            Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;
            For the child shall die one hundred years old,
            But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.
            21 They shall build houses and inhabit them;
            They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
            22 They shall not build and another inhabit;
            They shall not plant and another eat;
            For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,
            And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
            23 They shall not labor in vain,
            Nor bring forth children for trouble;
            For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD,
            And their offspring with them.
            24 “ It shall come to pass
            That before they call, I will answer;
            And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
            25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
            The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
            And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
            They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”
            Says the LORD.

But according to this sinners are still around...

I don't think this is to be taken literally though from what I have read on it. Anyway....I am trying to learn more about it too...that is why I did this post.

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by brakelite View Post
              The final tribulation destroys the earth and all who live upon it, immediately after the righteous are taken to meet the Lord in the air at His second coming.
              The earth is left empty and void for a thousand years, the wicked who died remain on the earth unburied and unlamented. Satan is bound to the earth by circumstance and has no-one to tempt any more. The righteous are in heaven occupying their new mansions in the new Jerusalem.
              At the end of the 1000 years the new Jerusalem descends out of heaven to the earth, the wicked are raised and the devil rallies them in one final attempt to overthrow God's kingdom but they can only face their judgement and all, with the devil and and angels, are roasted alive and destroyed in the lake of fire. This fire also destroys everything else upon the earth that wasn't finished with at the second coming, like the pollution etc. The earth is thoroughly cleansed. The earth and heaven are remade and the saints repopulate the earth made new.
              Ok...this is a new one also...

Can you post the scriptures please and aline then with each part you wrote on here so I can follow along? Thanks.

God bless

Comment

I believe they are refering to the final chapters of Revelation, along with some interpretive license... Ill see what else I can figure and get back to you.

DF
                Dragonfighter1
                Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Rev 16:18-21 Rev 6:14-17 Math 24:30,31
                  1 Thess 4:16,17 1 Cor 15:51-55 1 Jn 3:2 Phill 3:21

The earth is left empty and void for a thousand years, the wicked who died remain on the earth unburied and unlamented.
                  Isa 11:4 Rev 20:5 Jer 4:23, 25, 28 Jer 25:33
                  Satan is bound to the earth by circumstance and has no-one to tempt any more.
                  Isa 24:22 Rev 20:1-3
                  The righteous are in heaven occupying their new mansions in the new Jerusalem.
                  Jn 14:1-3 Rev 20:4
                  At the end of the 1000 years the new Jerusalem descends out of heaven to the earth, the wicked are raised and the devil rallies them in one final attempt to overthrow God's kingdom but they can only face their judgement and all, with the devil and and angels, are roasted alive and destroyed in the lake of fire.
                  Rev 20 5,7,8. Rev 21:2,3 Zech 14:1,4,5,10 Rev 20:7-9 Rev 20:9,10 21:8 Malachi 4:3

This fire also destroys everything else upon the earth that wasn't finished with at the second coming, like the pollution etc. The earth is thoroughly cleansed. The earth and heaven are remade and the saints repopulate the earth made new.
                  Isa 65:17 2 Peter 3:13 Rev 21:1-4

By repopulate however that does not mean we will continue to propogate the species. We will, as Jesus said, be like the angels who do not marry and do not have the power to give birth.
                  Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and
                  rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                    Or even what scriptures this is drawn from. I never heard of it before...its just been over the last six months or so I have noticed people on here mentioning it but never including scriptures with it. I guess they assume everyone knows what part of the bible they are talking about...but I certainly don't! I have no clue where they are getting this idea from.

So first, I ask for the scriptures on it...and second what's the point? I really don't see a point in people repopulating a New Earth....not when you consider the millions, if not billions of believers since man was created...seems like to me there would be enough of us to start with. So why add more? It makes no sense to me and seems like such a foreign idea actually because I don't see this in scriptures..I have never heard one preacher talk about it...never read it in any bible related books.. even when I read Paul talking about the future return of Christ...our future new bodies and so forth, he doesn't mention one word of repopulating the New Earth...

Thanks.

God bless
                    Will God multiply Israel in eternity?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is pretty clear from the following verse that God will multiply Israel in the new earth. This will start out as the 144,000 remnant which dry bones are resurrected to start upon the new earth and then will be multiplied unto generation to generation.

Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Eze 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Joe 3:18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of ****tim.

Joe 3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post

It is pretty clear from the following verse that God will multiply Israel in the new earth. This will start out as the 144,000 remnant which dry bones are resurrected to start upon the new earth and then will be multiplied unto generation to generation.

Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Eze 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Joe 3:18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of ****tim.

Joe 3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

Mark
                      Mark, this is not clear to me at all, although you said it is "pretty clear".

My questions:
                      1- Where on earth does it say in the Bible that the 144,000 are the resurrected "dry bones"?

2- Even if, IF, they were resurrected, where does it say they will start the new earth?

3- Or populate it?

4- I can't see a connection between your Ezekiel verses and 144,000. Scripture, please?

5- I can't find the book of Joe in my KJV....

I find reference to the 144,000 here:
                      Revelation 7:2-4
                      2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

I also find reference to them here:
                      Revelation 14:1-3
                      1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth

But, I also see that their number HAS NOT INCREASED, even by ONE person! I have yet to see the great multitude that folks say are brought in by way of their "end-time revival". I don't even find that the 144,000 even PREACH anywhere.

I just need someone to show me these things, I guess...

Moonglow, I can't help you any. Sorry. I just think sometimes we assume things will be a certain way. For example, I've wondered lots of times about those who would be "ruled over", in the new earth. But you see, I've just always assumed that maybe, just maybe, there could be those someday resurrected who never had the chance to know about Christ Jesus. For example, think of all the children and babies who died in the flood of Noah's time! Think about this...they never would have lived a holy life because there was NO ONE on earth to teach them the highway of holiness! Nevertheless, they died. Wickedness was so terribly bad, that there was not one Mom or Dad or brother or sister or aunt or uncle or grandparent...NO ONE who was capable of teaching them anything but wickedness!

So, in my limited, puny, human mind, I think (or maybe I kinda hope!) that someday, someway...perhaps they could be given a chance they never had.

Then again, think of the millions of ABORTED little babies who never had a chance of having a parent to teach them anything, whether good or evil!

In my limited understanding, I guess I just kind of pray they could some how, some way be given a chance...to live, to have a Mom. Or a Dad.

It just seems to me there is no reason to imagine a "repopulating" of the NEW earth. There's more than enough who never had a chance to live or learn about God. Or it seems that way to me.....

I'm going now. I think I'm just rambling and probably not making any sense anyway.
                      My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

[QUOTE]
                        Originally posted by Diggindeeper View Post
                        [COLOR=navy]1- Where on earth does it say in the Bible that the 144,000 are the resurrected "dry bones"?
                        Eze 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel:

Re 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

The house of Israel would be equal to the 12 tribes which is equal to the remnant remianing when Christ returns. 144,000.

2- Even if, IF, they were resurrected, where does it say they will start the new earth?

3- Or populate it?

I think we can say that if they are in the midst of his sanctuary evermore that it would mean the new earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggindeeper View Post
                          Mark, this is not clear to me at all, although you said it is "pretty clear".

My questions:
                          1- Where on earth does it say in the Bible that the 144,000 are the resurrected "dry bones"?

3- Or populate it?

4- I can't see a connection between your Ezekiel verses and 144,000. Scripture, please?

5- I can't find the book of Joe in my KJV....

I find reference to the 144,000 here:
                          Revelation 7:2-4
                          2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

I also find reference to them here:
                          Revelation 14:1-3
                          1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth

But, I also see that their number HAS NOT INCREASED, even by ONE person! I have yet to see the great multitude that folks say are brought in by way of their "end-time revival". I don't even find that the 144,000 even PREACH anywhere.

I just need someone to show me these things, I guess...

Moonglow, I can't help you any. Sorry. I just think sometimes we assume things will be a certain way. For example, I've wondered lots of times about those who would be "ruled over", in the new earth. But you see, I've just always assumed that maybe, just maybe, there could be those someday resurrected who never had the chance to know about Christ Jesus. For example, think of all the children and babies who died in the flood of Noah's time! Think about this...they never would have lived a holy life because there was NO ONE on earth to teach them the highway of holiness! Nevertheless, they died. Wickedness was so terribly bad, that there was not one Mom or Dad or brother or sister or aunt or uncle or grandparent...NO ONE who was capable of teaching them anything but wickedness!

So, in my limited, puny, human mind, I think (or maybe I kinda hope!) that someday, someway...perhaps they could be given a chance they never had.

Then again, think of the millions of ABORTED little babies who never had a chance of having a parent to teach them anything, whether good or evil!

In my limited understanding, I guess I just kind of pray they could some how, some way be given a chance...to live, to have a Mom. Or a Dad.

It just seems to me there is no reason to imagine a "repopulating" of the NEW earth. There's more than enough who never had a chance to live or learn about God. Or it seems that way to me.....

I'm going now. I think I'm just rambling and probably not making any sense anyway.
                          You make sense to me! I don't get it either...I don't see the point in doing some SO physical..when we are constantly being pointed to the spiritual in the bible...(I need a smilie scratching its head here) and it seems rather redundant to have Christ set things anew but then allow wicked to come in once again...I just really don't get the point in that. Its very, very confusing to me and seems so odd because as I have said I have never read one thing on it...never heard on sermon on it...never heard it mention in all my years until recently on this board. I have read through the bible more then once and never got a hint of an idea the New Earth meant us repopulating the New Earth...especially since Jesus says their will be no marriage. I listen to the Christian radio station so I can hear many sermons, many bible studies a day...never heard repopulating the New Earth mentioned once by any of them and they all have different views too.

I am however going to try to understand and check out these verses posted...so least I have some idea what people on here are talking about when they bring it up in some thread.

I don't know enough to debate this..its not my intention...though I may seriously question how some of these verses are applied...

So ross and brakelite and any others...I have every intention of looking up all those verses you posted, but probably not until tomorrow ..too many distractions here this evening...thanks.

God bless

Comment

brakelite.
                            i am with you on this one!

Hi moonglow.

here is another one for you Maybe God is using the people of earth to repopulate heaven. A third of His house was left emty when satan and his angels rebelled agains God.

bennie

Comment

The new hev and earth will only be populated by those who have been saved in the old hev and earth---its the place prepared for us, where righteousness dwells.

Jesus was asked about 7 brothers who married the same woman, as each brother died, and whos wife she would be in the new world.

matt 22
                              But Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.
                              30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
                              Today is the day to get saved, and take your place in the new.
                              When Jesus comes again and the ressurection happens, the door is shut.

God is patient now , not wanting any to perish--and miss out on the place prepared, but all to repent before Jesus comes in his kingdom.
                              And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Working...
                              X