This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Days - Roelof's News Reports #2

(It is not only the federal government who has serious financial problems, some states are also in very deep trouble – Roelof)

With time and money running out for California, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger declared a fiscal emergency Monday and called legislators into a new special session that won't end until they agree on a way to trim the state's $11.2 billion budget deficit.
    Without immediate action, our state is headed for a fiscal disaster" in which California could run out of money to pay its bills by late February, the governor said in a news conference in Los Angeles.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/02/MN4O14FD1N.DTL

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

We have started a new thread as the first one now has over 1000 post in it. This is a continuation of Last Days - Roelof's News Reports 1

sigpic

Comment

Ford makes plea for access to $9 billion in loans

(Must the big and unprofitable US car makers be left to sink and millions of jobs be lost? - Roelof)

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Ford Motor Co., the first of the domestic automakers to make a second pitch for a federal lifeline, laid out plans to Congress on Tuesday to return to profitability by 2011 in hopes of gaining access to $9 billion in federal loans.

Ford said it doesn't expect a liquidity crisis in 2009.
      The plan also calls for an investment of about $14 billion in advanced technologies and products to improve fuel efficiency over the next seven years. Ford is looking to launch a battery electric van-type vehicle for commercial fleet use in 2010 and a BEV sedan in 2011.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...%7D&dist=msr_3

Comment

US Fed Signals More Action as Slump Drags On

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke laid out new steps the Fed might take to lift the economy, as the panel that monitors the U.S. business cycle said the nation has been in recession for a year -- the longest downturn in a quarter century

The National Bureau of Economic Research said Monday that America entered recession in December 2007.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...gn2008_mostpop

Comment

Again, thanks for this thread. Great information and I basically read it everyday. God bless you, Roelof.

Here is an interesting article from CNN
          Biological terror attack likely by 2013, panel says

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/02/ter...ort/index.html

"The consequences of a biological attack are almost beyond comprehension. It would be 9/11 times 10 or a hundred in terms of the number of people who would be killed," former Sen. Bob Graham said.
          He cited the flu virus that killed millions of people in 1918 as an example.
          "Today it is still in the laboratory, but if it should get out and into the hands of scientists who knew how to use it for a violent purpose, we could have multiple times the 40 million people who were killed 100 years ago," he said.

Comment

Vatican Set to Turn Against America

Several of Barack Obama’s policies are bound to provoke the wrath of the Vatican. During George W. Bush’s administration, U.S.-Vatican relations strengthened more than ever before, culminating in a visit from the pope in April this year. But all that will change when America’s most liberal senator takes his post as president.

“The first thing I will do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act,” said Mr. Obama at an address before Planned Parenthood on July 17, 2007. But if Obama signs this in his first month of office, it “would be the equivalent of a war,” according to a senior Vatican official.

The Freedom of Choice Act would codify Roe v. Wade as federal law. Abortion would be funded by taxpayers in every state, with no restrictions. Late-term abortions would be legal in every state, and parental notification laws would be removed. Catholics are worried the law could also force Catholic hospitals to undertake abortions.

J. Francis Stafford, one of the highest-ranking American cardinals at the Vatican, said Obama has “an agenda and vision that are aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic.”

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?q=5724.4072.0.0

Comment

Global Trends 2025?

(Transformed into an One World Government - Roelof)

The U.S. National Intelligence Council’s (nic’s) newly released report, “Global Trends 2025: A Transformed World,” relies on input from a sizable collection of bright minds, each with his own particular view on the future, all of them having as their foundation this world’s system of education, and all possessing their own biases and human prejudices.

Even as the U.S. National Intelligence Council was putting the finishing touches to its report, the EU was dictating economic and financial policy to the G-20 nations gathered in Washington to seek a solution to the current global financial and economic crisis. At the same time, the Bertelsmann Foundation of Germany was depositing a shaft of demands on Washington’s doorstep that it expects the new Obama administration to follow. Thus, contrary to the nic report, the EU is already very active translating its “economic clout into global influence.”

The nic report seems oblivious to the fact that the German-dominated EU is definitely not a democratic institution. It imposes its will upon its member nations by edict from its headquarters in Brussels, issued and enforced by unelected representatives. When a referendum is held by a member nation to give its constituents a vote on a question of national importance, if the people return a vote that is unfavorable to the EU, that vote is rejected outright and a further referendum called to force a vote in favor of the EU will. That has happened twice in Ireland in recent times.

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?q=5723.4069.0.0

Comment

SA men: We're so sexy

(Ladies, watch over your men - Roelof)

Johannesburg - South African men are world leaders in believing they are good-looking - and are the most committed to their shaving mirrors, shows a global survey released on Tuesday. A full 78% of South African men said they believed they were sexy. And their motive for looking good was to please themselves, said market intelligence company Synovate.

Only Greek men (81%) and Russian men (80%) topped what the researchers labelled the "Adonis complex" of South African male species.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...436158,00.html

Comment

We have built no temple but the Capital

New US Capital Visitor's Center fails to honor faith, portrays the federal government as the fulfillment of human ambition and the answer to all of society’s problems.

This is "Progressive" ideology - Man reigns supreme, government is the solution to all problems.

It has been said that one cannot change the past. That's not quite true. One can rewrite history.

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008...o-honor-faith/
                  In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Originally posted by Revolvr View Post
                    New US Capital Visitor's Center fails to honor faith, portrays the federal government as the fulfillment of human ambition and the answer to all of society’s problems.

This is "Progressive" ideology - Man reigns supreme, government is the solution to all problems.

It has been said that one cannot change the past. That's not quite true. One can rewrite history.

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008...o-honor-faith/
                    At the dedication of the new visitor's center, Congressman Harry Reid said this:

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."

You disgust me Mr. Reid. That stench you smell is coming from INSIDE the Capital.
                    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Revolvr

I am not American but appreciate your contributions

Comment

Jesus is coming soon !!!

As we are now in the Season to celebrate the First Coming of Christ, I believe that we are also in the time slot very close to his Second Coming.

If you have not read this old post of mine, I strongly recommend it

Last Days - God planned eschatology

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=133998

Comment

The Mediterranean Union (MU) is the Revived Roman Empire

A comparison of the brand new MU map with the 395AD Roman Empire map, shows that they are very very close.

Please read this old post of mine:

Mediterranean Union – The Revived Roman Empire?

http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...6&postcount=26

Comment

'ANC in SA must stop mocking Jesus'

(I fully support the ACDP. Jesus might return much sooner than the ANC bargained for - Roelof)

Cape Town - The African Christian Democratic Party has warned the ANC to stop making "mocking and irreverent" references to Jesus.
                            "Their habit of joking about and using the name of the Lord in vain is tantamount to blasphemy, and must be condemned in the strongest possible terms", ACDP leader Kenneth Meshoe said in a statement on Wednesday.
                            He further warned that the ruling party's claim it would rule until Jesus returned was arrogant, and "will cause them to lose the privilege of governing South Africa". The ACDP deplored and rejected a recent comparison - made by ANC Free State leader Ace Magashule - of the "unrighteous and unholy" ANC president Jacob Zuma with Jesus.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...436768,00.html

Comment

US loses 250 000 jobs a month

(The world-wide financial crisis and recession has set the stage for an One World Economy - Roelof)

Washington - The US labour market shed jobs at a breakneck pace in November, payroll reports showed on Wednesday, signalling the world's largest economy is diving into the depths of recession.
                              In an ominous sign for the holiday shopping season, the private sector lost 250 000 jobs last month, the largest decline in six years, according to the ADP National Employment Report.

http://www.fin24.com/articles/defaul...8-1783_2436949

Comment

Working...
                              X