Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a Sabbatical year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is a Sabbatical year

    After reading Roelof's thread, I'm wondering what this is. I have never heard it before.

  • #2
    hi

    God demanded the Israelites to let the land that He is leasing to them have a sabbath rest every 7 years. For 6 years they where to plant crops and prune the vineyards, but the 7th year the land need to rest.
    God did this to test there faith in Him. The crop in the 6th year produced so much that they will still eat of it in the 2nd year of the new 7 year cycle.
    Hope that makes sense

    bennie

    Comment


    • #3
      Bennie, yes, this does make sense. Do you know where the scripture is for this? Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by catlover View Post
        Bennie, yes, this does make sense. Do you know where the scripture is for this? Thanks!
        The book of Leviticus contains the guidelines for Jubilee years.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
          The book of Leviticus contains the guidelines for Jubilee years.

          hi

          For sabbath years, look at exodus23:10
          For jubilee years, look at lev25:8

          bennie

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by catlover View Post
            After reading Roelof's thread, I'm wondering what this is. I have never heard it before.
            Sabbaths and Jubilees etc have been the hobby of 7th-day Adventists, Armstrongites, CoG, and Messianic Jews.

            Mainstream churches have neglected the subject unfortunately.
            "Your name and renown
            is the desire of our hearts."
            (Isaiah 26:8)

            Comment

            Working...
            X