Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the bottomless pit. Does the location of Patmos give us the answer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where is the bottomless pit. Does the location of Patmos give us the answer?

    John is on the island of Patmos when he gets the Revelation. Thus John looking out from the island would be looking out over the sea. This is the clue, the SEA. What does John see when he looks out over the water?

    Rev 13
    1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

    So John is looking out over the sea and sees a vision of a beast rising up. Many say that this sea is not a literal sea but a "sea of people". I for one said the sea was the bottomless pit. Which is not correct. The sea here is a literal body of water which John sees a beast rise up from. So where is this beast coming from under the sea? The bottomless pit.

    Rev 20
    13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

    So who buried in the sea? Just those who may have died at sea? Hardly. Again the bottomless pit is beneath the sea giving up the dead at the time of the resurrection for judgment. These dead come from beneath the sea.

    Rev 12
    1 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

    Who are the inhabiters of the sea? Those who may live in the sea? hardly. The devil has gone down to the pit which is beneath the sea, the inhabiters are the demons previously imprisoned.


    Pangea

    Gen 1
    9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

    It is quite obvious the earth was gathered in one place and surrounded by water. It can be debated but the land mass was probably divided after the flood. There are accounts that in the midst of this land mass was a body of water and a river passage out to the great sea outside of the land mass. So what you had was effectively a point inside a circle. A circular land mass surrounding a round body of water. Much like your eye ball. It is in this round body of water wherein the bottomless pit is located beneath.

    John in Patmos

    No coincidence John is in Patmos which would be in the midst of the body of water and probably it's border on the east side pre flood. Look at a google map and you can see the image of a circular body of water. Understanding some of this is speculative the key is that John looking out from Patmos sees a beast coming up from the water which would have originated from the bottomless pit. Note also this event had to be close to the island of Patmos. In addition, the island of Delos is directly across and probably bordered this body of the west. Interestingly there are a terrace of lions on this island facing to the east. The reason for these lions have baffled scholars but could they be looking out over the island and out to sea warding off demonic spirits?

    So the bottomless pit is beneath the sea somewhere adjacent to the Island of Patmos

  • #2
    Re: Where is the bottomless pit. Does the location of Patmos give us the answer?

    Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
    John is on the island of Patmos when he gets the Revelation. Thus John looking out from the island would be looking out over the sea. This is the clue, the SEA. What does John see when he looks out over the water?

    Rev 13
    1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

    So John is looking out over the sea and sees a vision of a beast rising up. Many say that this sea is not a literal sea but a "sea of people". I for one said the sea was the bottomless pit. Which is not correct. The sea here is a literal body of water which John sees a beast rise up from. So where is this beast coming from under the sea? The bottomless pit.

    Rev 20
    13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

    So who buried in the sea? Just those who may have died at sea? Hardly. Again the bottomless pit is beneath the sea giving up the dead at the time of the resurrection for judgment. These dead come from beneath the sea.

    Rev 12
    1 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

    Who are the inhabiters of the sea? Those who may live in the sea? hardly. The devil has gone down to the pit which is beneath the sea, the inhabiters are the demons previously imprisoned.


    Pangea

    Gen 1
    9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

    It is quite obvious the earth was gathered in one place and surrounded by water. It can be debated but the land mass was probably divided after the flood. There are accounts that in the midst of this land mass was a body of water and a river passage out to the great sea outside of the land mass. So what you had was effectively a point inside a circle. A circular land mass surrounding a round body of water. Much like your eye ball. It is in this round body of water wherein the bottomless pit is located beneath.

    John in Patmos

    No coincidence John is in Patmos which would be in the midst of the body of water and probably it's border on the east side pre flood. Look at a google map and you can see the image of a circular body of water. Understanding some of this is speculative the key is that John looking out from Patmos sees a beast coming up from the water which would have originated from the bottomless pit. Note also this event had to be close to the island of Patmos. In addition, the island of Delos is directly across and probably bordered this body of the west. Interestingly there are a terrace of lions on this island facing to the east. The reason for these lions have baffled scholars but could they be looking out over the island and out to sea warding off demonic spirits?

    So the bottomless pit is beneath the sea somewhere adjacent to the Island of Patmos
    Some interesting thinking you got going on here Ross. How Patmos could possibly be connected to this never entered my mind. I think you could be on to something here. Not sure yet.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Where is the bottomless pit. Does the location of Patmos give us the answer?

      Originally posted by ross3421 View Post

      So the bottomless pit is beneath the sea somewhere adjacent to the Island of Patmos
      The bottomless pit is a place of ultimate sorrow and wrath in God the Father's name.

      John was in the Spirit when the bottomless pit was revealed to him. It just happened that he was physically in Patmos for the word of God and testimony of the Christ when he spiritually saw a smoke and locust filled bottomless pit pouring content upon the earth. Smoke and locusts won't pour out of the sea around Patmos.
      Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Where is the bottomless pit. Does the location of Patmos give us the answer?

        Originally posted by Glorious View Post
        It just happened that he was physically in Patmos for the word of God and testimony of the Christ when he spiritually saw a smoke and locust filled bottomless pit pouring content upon the earth. Smoke and locusts won't pour out of the sea around Patmos.
        "just happens". Noting in scripture "just happens". There is a reason behind all things. God allowed John to be sent to Patmos for a reason. We know there is a literal deep pit (bottomless would be a metaphor) so if not near Patmos where then New York? JK. Note it had to be near John right off the sand in which he was standing.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Where is the bottomless pit. Does the location of Patmos give us the answer?

          How deep is the sea by Patmos?
          Not very.
          Why would there be woe for demons if that is who is referred to in Rev 12?
          The sea, like the earth swallow up the dead. This is why the sea, hades and death are all mentioned in Rev 20.
          Consider the sign of Jonah - he was cast into the SEA. Jesus said this is what would happen to him, yet we know Jesus was placed in the earth.
          So the sea can mean the literal sea, a sea of peoples or the place of death.
          This is why Rev 21 says there is no more sea, not meaning no literal sea, but rather an end to death for those in Him.
          The bottomless pit is a picture from Greek mythology from which there should be no return. It is another picture of death.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Where is the bottomless pit. Does the location of Patmos give us the answer?

            Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!

            Where are satan and his demons cast when Jesus comes? The abyss. The location of the abyss is directly beneath the city of Babylon.

            Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

            The beast ascends out of the abyss. The woman is the city of Babylon sitting atop the beast, which comes out of the abyss. Again, the city of Babylon is sitting directly atop the abyss.

            Figure out where Babylon is located and you will know where the abyss is also.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Where is the bottomless pit. Does the location of Patmos give us the answer?

              Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
              How deep is the sea by Patmos?
              Not very.
              Why would there be woe for demons if that is who is referred to in Rev 12?
              The sea, like the earth swallow up the dead. This is why the sea, hades and death are all mentioned in Rev 20.
              Consider the sign of Jonah - he was cast into the SEA. Jesus said this is what would happen to him, yet we know Jesus was placed in the earth.
              So the sea can mean the literal sea, a sea of peoples or the place of death.
              This is why Rev 21 says there is no more sea, not meaning no literal sea, but rather an end to death for those in Him.
              The bottomless pit is a picture from Greek mythology from which there should be no return. It is another picture of death.
              The "sea" is not the bottomless pit in Rev 13. The pit is beneath the literal sea.

              Thus we see the first beast coming out from the sea (from the bottomless pit beneath)

              The second beast would also have to come from the same place and he is the deadly head which was healed.

              Comment

              Working...
              X