• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keraz
    replied
    Re: Israel Palestine Peace Plan

Trump says likely to release Mideast peace plan after Israel election
    by Reuters, Israel Hayom Staff August 19, 2019

US president says Washington might “release small parts" of plan dubbed "deal of the century" prior to Sept.17 vote. The political aspects of the plan have so far been kept under wraps and no details have been published as to how it may tackle key issues impeding the long-stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

Leave a comment:

• Keraz
    replied

Originally posted by randyk View Post
    Well, if you dismiss all authorities on a given subject, how am I to judge what you say objectively?

I'm anxious to know where your "burden" comes from? It may be that you've mixed in your own prophetic presumptions with a legitimate biblically-based prophetic burden?

You do seem called to warn people of judgment. I just think you do a disservice to your own ministry by focusing on specific times and methods, to the exclusion of other methods of judgment that happen *all the time.* Judgment may occur on any given occasion, and we should all be warned of that--not just EMPs.

For example, I grew up during the Cold War with the threat of MAD. So my focus came to be largely on nuclear war. But I have to enter into "today," and recognize there are a whole host of potential problems, including EMPs.

In the time of the rise of Islam, Christian prophecy teachers probably came to focus on it as the main fulfillment of the Antichrist. And during the time of the corrupt papacy in Luther's day, Protestants probably began to focus on the RCC as the Antichrist.

But if we remain flexible, and keep abreast of contemporary events, we may find that prophecy must speak to "today," and not simply on a single catastrophic problem. Otherwise, we may, in the long run, look foolish.

Expand your focus, brother. A message of judgment is indeed needed. Trying to nail down specific applications of general prophecies gets us into the field of "come to me, I'll tell you what it means." We need to send people to Jesus for salvation. Our message is fair warning to those who are double-minded on this.
    My God given task is to promote the Bible prophesies. I do that to the best of my abilities, using the resource of the Internet. The fact that I have very little success, is not my concern; neither did the ancient prophets.
    I present the Message and like Ezekiel 3:21 - I will have discharged my duty.

Regarding the ECF's, the Commentators and other 'authorities on the subject' of Bible prophecy, there are many verses that show how they cannot be right; Matthew 11:25, 1 Cor 1:20, 1 Cor 3:18, 2 Cor 4:4, Romans 11:8, Ephesians 4:18, Isaiah 42:18-20, Isaiah 8:16, Jeremiah 4:22, +
    Daniel 12:8-10 tells us that the prophesies are kept secret and sealed until the end times and only then will a few wise leaders understand.
    Pray to be one of them!

Leave a comment:

• randyk
    replied

Originally posted by Keraz View Post
    I an sad that you see my reply as arrogant.
    Well, if you dismiss all authorities on a given subject, how am I to judge what you say objectively?

I'm anxious to know where your "burden" comes from? It may be that you've mixed in your own prophetic presumptions with a legitimate biblically-based prophetic burden?

You do seem called to warn people of judgment. I just think you do a disservice to your own ministry by focusing on specific times and methods, to the exclusion of other methods of judgment that happen *all the time.* Judgment may occur on any given occasion, and we should all be warned of that--not just EMPs.

For example, I grew up during the Cold War with the threat of MAD. So my focus came to be largely on nuclear war. But I have to enter into "today," and recognize there are a whole host of potential problems, including EMPs.

In the time of the rise of Islam, Christian prophecy teachers probably came to focus on it as the main fulfillment of the Antichrist. And during the time of the corrupt papacy in Luther's day, Protestants probably began to focus on the RCC as the Antichrist.

But if we remain flexible, and keep abreast of contemporary events, we may find that prophecy must speak to "today," and not simply on a single catastrophic problem. Otherwise, we may, in the long run, look foolish.

Expand your focus, brother. A message of judgment is indeed needed. Trying to nail down specific applications of general prophecies gets us into the field of "come to me, I'll tell you what it means." We need to send people to Jesus for salvation. Our message is fair warning to those who are double-minded on this.

Leave a comment:

• Keraz
    replied

US 'punitive measures' against Palestinians:
    The PLO has reiterated its rejection of the US economic plan, saying the proposal's lack of political vision guarantees its failure.
    In a statement, the PLO Executive Committee accused the White House of using the workshop as cover for Israel's efforts to achieve normal relations with Arab states and grow its settlements in the West Bank, adding that peace could not be achieved without ending "Israeli occupation and economic domination".

Kushner said that the door remained open to the Palestinians to engage in a peace plan as he blamed the leadership of letting down its people.
    "If they actually want to make their people's lives better, we have now laid out a great framework in which they can engage and try to achieve it," he told reporters.
    "What the [Palestinian] leadership has done is that they've blamed Israel and everyone else for all the people's problems, when in fact the common theme coming up is that this is all achievable if the government wants to make these reforms," he added.

But senior PLO official Ashrawi hit back, asking: "If the US is so concerned about Palestinian well-being, then why did they carry out these punitive measures against us?"
    In August last year, Washington announced an end to all US funding for the UN agency that assists Palestinian refugees. The US had been UNRWA's biggest donor by far up to that point, giving it $364m in 2017.

In February, the US Agency for International Development (USAID) ceased all assistance to the Palestinians, to whom it provided $268m in 2017.
    The US cuts were widely seen as a way of putting pressure on the Palestinian leadership to re-engage with the White House, which it has boycotted since Trump recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in 2017.

"The same team that cut $350m of aid to refugee camps ... [goes] to Manama to say we have a brilliant plan to bring Palestinians a new chance, a new opportunity," Chief Palestinian Negotiator Saeb Erekat said on Tuesday.
    "Why would Palestinians say no to such [a] plan?" he added, mockingly.
    SOURCE: Al Jazeera and news agencies

Leave a comment:

• Keraz
    replied

That is so arrogant I can hardly respond! So you take recognized and great scholars and assign to them ungodly motives in their studied opinions, while you want everybody to think *you* alone are to be trusted? You live on an island of your own making, brother.

When Paul referred to the "wise" he was referring to *unbelievers!* These greater scholars may not always be right, but they are noble men of God. And when they all agree, it should cause you to pause and restrain your judgmentalism. You don't appear to be more scholarly than they were.
    I an sad that you see my reply as arrogant. I just try to present the Prophetic Word as written and I oppose those who misinterpret it.

It was Jesus who referred to the learned and wise; in Matthew 11:25, also Paul in 1 Corinthians 1:19-20, 3:20, all refer to the learned and wise scholars. Believers and unbelievers.
    I personally know a Christian Doctor of Divinity, who not only is clueless about Bible prophecy, but says we shouldn't even bother with them! No pastor that I have met will discuss Bible prophecy with me. They are all blinded and confused by false teachings.

My God given task is to promote the prophecies and I do that in short articles, that do make a coherent and viable end times scenario.

We should know what the Lord has planned for our future, if not; we are in the dark.

Leave a comment:

• randyk
    replied

Great scholars with plenty of qualifications from seminaries and peer support for their work in making the prophesies mean what people like to hear. Just what suits those who don't like to think they may actually have to face difficult times.
    Too bad Jesus said the *wise* would not understand; Matthew 11:25, and Daniel 12:9 says no one will understand before the time of the end. Even so called prophecy experts of the last 10 years, cannot get it right.

They, and you *think* that Isaiah 29, etc, were fulfilled in ancient times. Yet you cannot show from the Biblical record, let alone any other source, [archaeological, historical and astronomical] that they actually did as described. You have to either ignore the actual Words, or spiritualize them. Is that wise? Or even sensible?

All I can say is that when the Lord does strike the earth with His fiery wrath, at least you will remember 'Keraz told you so' !
    That is so arrogant I can hardly respond! So you take recognized and great scholars and assign to them ungodly motives in their studied opinions, while you want everybody to think *you* alone are to be trusted? You live on an island of your own making, brother.

When Paul referred to the "wise" he was referring to *unbelievers!* These greater scholars may not always be right, but they are noble men of God. And when they all agree, it should cause you to pause and restrain your judgmentalism. You don't appear to be more scholarly than they were.

Leave a comment:

• Keraz
    replied

I'm showing all the care in the world. Anybody who has read these OT prophecies for years knows that a large number of the prophecies concern Israel's judgment in the time period 721-586 BC. Bible commentators, and not just me, view this prophecy in Isa 29 as having to do with the Assyrian judgment in 721 BC. .
    One more comment:
    THE ASSYRIANS NEVER CONQUERED JERUSALEM. They took Shechem and Samaria and exiled the Northern ten tribes.
    It was 135 years later that Babylon conquered Judah and took Jerusalem.

Isaiah 28:1-8 is an unfulfilled prophecy. But Isaiah 29:9-12 is fulfilled and it describes people who cannot understand the prophesies.

Leave a comment:

• Keraz
    replied

I'm showing all the care in the world. Anybody who has read these OT prophecies for years knows that a large number of the prophecies concern Israel's judgment in the time period 721-586 BC. Bible commentators, and not just me, view this prophecy in Isa 29 as having to do with the Assyrian judgment in 721 BC.

Here's Benson's Commentary:
    Isaiah 29:3-4. And I will camp against thee, &c. — That is, by those enemies whom I will assist and enable to take and destroy thee. The prophet may here refer to different sieges of Jerusalem, that of Sennacherib, that of the Chaldeans, or even to that of the Romans.

Matthew Henry's Commentary:
    The destruction of Jerusalem's enemies is foretold. The army of Sennacherib went as a dream.

JMB, Matthew Poole, and Gill all concur. It looks like *you're* the one who's not careful, since you don't realize that I stand with some pretty good scholarship. This is not an "out there" position.
    Great scholars with plenty of qualifications from seminaries and peer support for their work in making the prophesies mean what people like to hear. Just what suits those who don't like to think they may actually have to face difficult times.
    Too bad Jesus said the *wise* would not understand; Matthew 11:25, and Daniel 12:9 says no one will understand before the time of the end. Even so called prophecy experts of the last 10 years, cannot get it right.

They, and you *think* that Isaiah 29, etc, were fulfilled in ancient times. Yet you cannot show from the Biblical record, let alone any other source, [archaeological, historical and astronomical] that they actually did as described. You have to either ignore the actual Words, or spiritualize them. Is that wise? Or even sensible?

All I can say is that when the Lord does strike the earth with His fiery wrath, at least you will remember 'Keraz told you so' !

Leave a comment:

• randyk
    replied

Isaiah 29:1-4 does not mention Assyria at all. You contend that it has *nothing* to do with the Jews. This shows your extreme bias, as it happens in Jerusalem, where the Jewish people live today.
    It does say that the Lord will Himself do what is prophesied. It fits with the many other prophesies that tell of a dramatic worldwide disaster by fire from the sun, instigated by the Lord. Isaiah 30:26a As Isaiah 29:5-8 goes on to detail..... Suddenly, in an instant punishment will come from the Lord, with thunder, earthquakes, storms and devouring fire...the enemies will be gone...
    Obviously not something the Assyrians, or any other human could do!

What you should do is show greater care in disputing plainly stated scripture, prophesies that have not yet happened, but if we believe the Bible; they must and will take place eventually and with the world in the way it is now, that seems it could be quite soon.
    I'm showing all the care in the world. Anybody who has read these OT prophecies for years knows that a large number of the prophecies concern Israel's judgment in the time period 721-586 BC. Bible commentators, and not just me, view this prophecy in Isa 29 as having to do with the Assyrian judgment in 721 BC.

Here's Benson's Commentary:
    Isaiah 29:3-4. And I will camp against thee, &c. — That is, by those enemies whom I will assist and enable to take and destroy thee. The prophet may here refer to different sieges of Jerusalem, that of Sennacherib, that of the Chaldeans, or even to that of the Romans.

Matthew Henry's Commentary:
    The destruction of Jerusalem's enemies is foretold. The army of Sennacherib went as a dream.

JMB, Matthew Poole, and Gill all concur. It looks like *you're* the one who's not careful, since you don't realize that I stand with some pretty good scholarship. This is not an "out there" position.

Leave a comment:

• Keraz
    replied

I'm not talking strictly about ancient history. I'm talking about your statement that this passage in Isa 29.1-5 "clearly" refers to a Jewish remnant! Clearly, you don't answer the question. Again, this passage seems to refer to the Assyrian invasion in 721 BC.

Most of these prophecies spoke specifically of the judgment to fall upon Israel in 568 BC. Nobody is questioning whether God would and did bring judgment upon Israel. He will again, in the future, bring judgment upon Israel, as well as upon all nations. Nobody is questioning this. What I'm questioning is whether the passages you quote have to do with what you claim they "clearly" refer to!

The passage in Isa 29 had *nothing* to do with an explicit reference to a Jewish remnant, and you ignore that. The fact judgment comees upon the world, including Israel, is no counter to my claim here.

Also, there is nothing to do, specifically, with a coronal mass ejection in these prophecies. A reference, for example, to "lightning" is not a reference to a CME. Your "proof texts" are not what you claim them to be. You twist Scriptures to mean what you want them to say, to fit your theory of how God will judge Israel and the world. I would show greater care in claiming these things, if they are not actually being referred to in the passages you quote!
    Isaiah 29:1-4 does not mention Assyria at all. You contend that it has *nothing* to do with the Jews. This shows your extreme bias, as it happens in Jerusalem, where the Jewish people live today.
    It does say that the Lord will Himself do what is prophesied. It fits with the many other prophesies that tell of a dramatic worldwide disaster by fire from the sun, instigated by the Lord. Isaiah 30:26a As Isaiah 29:5-8 goes on to detail..... Suddenly, in an instant punishment will come from the Lord, with thunder, earthquakes, storms and devouring fire...the enemies will be gone...

What you should do is show greater care in disputing plainly stated scripture, prophesies that have not yet happened, but if we believe the Bible; they must and will take place eventually and with the world in the way it is now, that seems it could be quite soon.

I'm not talking strictly about ancient history. I'm talking about your statement that this passage in Isa 29.1-5 "clearly" refers to a Jewish remnant! Clearly, you don't answer the question. Again, this passage seems to refer to the Assyrian invasion in 721 BC.

Most of these prophecies spoke specifically of the judgment to fall upon Israel in 568 BC. Nobody is questioning whether God would and did bring judgment upon Israel. He will again, in the future, bring judgment upon Israel, as well as upon all nations. Nobody is questioning this. What I'm questioning is whether the passages you quote have to do with what you claim they "clearly" refer to!

The passage in Isa 29 had *nothing* to do with an explicit reference to a Jewish remnant, and you ignore that. The fact judgment comees upon the world, including Israel, is no counter to my claim here.

Also, there is nothing to do, specifically, with a coronal mass ejection in these prophecies. A reference, for example, to "lightning" is not a reference to a CME. Your "proof texts" are not what you claim them to be. You twist Scriptures to mean what you want them to say, to fit your theory of how God will judge Israel and the world. I would show greater care in claiming these things, if they are not actually being referred to in the passages you quote!

Leave a comment:

• randyk
    replied

Anybody with a modicum of Bible and ancient history knowledge would never make such an assertion.
    CLEARLY, it will be I; the Lord, who will bring this disaster to Jerusalem and the inhabitants of Israel. A few thousand of the Messianic Jews will survive, in underground shelters, as the remnant; prophesied in many scriptures. Romans 9:27
    They didn't need u/g shelters when the Assyrians attacked the Northern tribes, but we know there is extensive bunkers there today.

Originally posted by Keraz
    Jeremiah 6:8-9 Be instructed, Jerusalem [Judah], or your God will depart from you and will devastate the Land. Psalm 89:30-32
    The Lord says: Glean like a vine the remnant of Israel, one last time, like the vine dresser – pass your hand over the branches. Isaiah 5:5-7

Jeremiah 6:10-15 To whom shall I speak and give warning? Who will hear me? Their ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening. They treat the Lord’s Word as a reproach, it has no appeal for them. Ezekiel 14:2, Ezekiel 22:26-28
    But I am full of the anger of the Lord, I cannot hold it back. Isaiah 63:1-6 I must pour it out onto all the people of the Land. Their houses will be given to others.
    For all the leaders and people only consider themselves, their prophets and Rabbis are all frauds, every one of them. They fail to address the real problems of their people. They say: “All is well”. All well? Nothing is right and just. They ought to be ashamed because of their sinful practices, yet they have no sense of shame, therefore they will fall with a great crash and be brought low on the Day of My reckoning. Ezekiel 33:25-26

Jeremiah 6:16-30 The Lord says: you should enquire about the Way that leads to righteousness. But they said: “We refuse”. Then I appointed watchmen – listen for the call they told them. But they said: “We refuse”. Therefore hear you nations and take note of the plight of these people. I am about to bring ruin upon them, for all their sinful ways and ignoring My instructions. Your sacrifices are not acceptable and your offerings do not please Me. Zephaniah1:4-6 Matthew 24:41-42
    Therefore the Lord says: I will set obstacles before this people, which will bring them to the ground, father, sons, friends and neighbours will all perish together.. Ezekiel 21:1-7, Jeremiah 12:14-17 A great host appears, like men arrayed for battle, against you: Zion.
    Joel 2:1-11, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 2:12-21

News of their coming has reached us and our hands hang limp, agony grips us, pangs as of a woman in labour. Do not go outside, for the foe will smite you there, as terror is spread around the world. Mourn and wail as the despoiler comes upon us in an instant.
    These verses are the clearest description of how the Lord will act on His great Day of vengeance. Isaiah 63:1-6
    A coronal mass ejection flash will ‘come in an instant’, but ‘news of its coming will reach us’, by the STEREO satellite system. ‘Do not go outside’, is obvious – get into underground shelters and stay there until it passes, at least 24hrs. Psalms 18:7-15, Isaiah 30:26

It is appointed to assay My people, testing their conduct, but they are all rebels, mischief makers and corrupt to a man. The bellows blow, the fire is ready. All types of metal in vain the refiner refines, but the impurities cannot be removed. Call them reject silver, for the Lord has rejected them.

All of this prophecy in Jeremiah is telling us about the coming fire judgement – the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. This will affect all the world, but especially the Middle East and this prophesy applies specifically to Judah, the current inhabitants of the Land. Ezekiel 20:46-48, Ezekiel 21:1-17, Isaiah 6:11-14
    Most of these prophecies spoke specifically of the judgment to fall upon Israel in 586 BC. Nobody is questioning whether God would and did bring judgment upon Israel. He will again, in the future, bring judgment upon Israel, as well as upon all nations. Nobody is questioning this. What I'm questioning is whether the passages you quote have to do with what you claim they "clearly" refer to!

Leave a comment:

• Keraz
    replied

Jared Kushner To Present Middle East Economic Plan
    The Trump administration has created a $50 billion Middle East economic plan. The plan calls for creating a global investment fund to lift the Palestinian and neighboring Arab state economies. Additionally, it includes the construction of a $5 billion transportation corridor to connect the West Bank and Gaza.
    According to Reuters, the “peace to prosperity” plan will be presented by Jared Kushner. President Donald Trump’s son-in-law will present it at an international conference in Bahrain.

Leave a comment:

• Keraz
    replied

Where is the remnant of the Jews even mentioned in Isa 29.1-4? How is this even "clear?" Is everything "clear" to you that you believe in? Or is your standard for "clarity" purely subjective?

Isa 29.1 Woe to you, Ariel, Ariel,
    the city where David settled!
    Add year to year
    and let your cycle of festivals go on.
    Yet I will besiege Ariel;
    she will mourn and lament,
    she will be to me like an altar hearth.
    I will encamp against you on all sides;
    I will encircle you with towers
    and set up my siege works against you.
    Brought low, you will speak from the ground;
    your speech will mumble out of the dust.
    Your voice will come ghostlike from the earth;
    out of the dust your speech will whisper.

At any rate, this prophecy seems to refer to the Assyrian invasion in 721 BC.
    Anybody with a modicum of Bible and ancient history knowledge would never make such an assertion.
    CLEARLY, it will be I; the Lord, who will bring this disaster to Jerusalem and the inhabitants of Israel. A few thousand of the Messianic Jews will survive, in underground shelters, as the remnant; prophesied in many scriptures. Romans 9:27
    They didn't need u/g shelters when the Assyrians attacked the Northern tribes, but we know there is extensive bunkers there today.

Jeremiah 6:8-9 Be instructed, Jerusalem [Judah], or your God will depart from you and will devastate the Land. Psalm 89:30-32
    The Lord says: Glean like a vine the remnant of Israel, one last time, like the vine dresser – pass your hand over the branches. Isaiah 5:5-7

Jeremiah 6:10-15 To whom shall I speak and give warning? Who will hear me? Their ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening. They treat the Lord’s Word as a reproach, it has no appeal for them. Ezekiel 14:2, Ezekiel 22:26-28
    But I am full of the anger of the Lord, I cannot hold it back. Isaiah 63:1-6 I must pour it out onto all the people of the Land. Their houses will be given to others.
    For all the leaders and people only consider themselves, their prophets and Rabbis are all frauds, every one of them. They fail to address the real problems of their people. They say: “All is well”. All well? Nothing is right and just. They ought to be ashamed because of their sinful practices, yet they have no sense of shame, therefore they will fall with a great crash and be brought low on the Day of My reckoning. Ezekiel 33:25-26

Jeremiah 6:16-30 The Lord says: you should enquire about the Way that leads to righteousness. But they said: “We refuse”. Then I appointed watchmen – listen for the call they told them. But they said: “We refuse”. Therefore hear you nations and take note of the plight of these people. I am about to bring ruin upon them, for all their sinful ways and ignoring My instructions. Your sacrifices are not acceptable and your offerings do not please Me. Zephaniah1:4-6 Matthew 24:41-42
    Therefore the Lord says: I will set obstacles before this people, which will bring them to the ground, father, sons, friends and neighbours will all perish together.. Ezekiel 21:1-7, Jeremiah 12:14-17 A great host appears, like men arrayed for battle, against you: Zion.
    Joel 2:1-11, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 2:12-21

News of their coming has reached us and our hands hang limp, agony grips us, pangs as of a woman in labour. Do not go outside, for the foe will smite you there, as terror is spread around the world. Mourn and wail as the despoiler comes upon us in an instant.
    These verses are the clearest description of how the Lord will act on His great Day of vengeance. Isaiah 63:1-6
    A coronal mass ejection flash will ‘come in an instant’, but ‘news of its coming will reach us’, by the STEREO satellite system. ‘Do not go outside’, is obvious – get into underground shelters and stay there until it passes, at least 24hrs. Psalms 18:7-15, Isaiah 30:26

It is appointed to assay My people, testing their conduct, but they are all rebels, mischief makers and corrupt to a man. The bellows blow, the fire is ready. All types of metal in vain the refiner refines, but the impurities cannot be removed. Call them reject silver, for the Lord has rejected them.

All of this prophecy in Jeremiah is telling us about the coming fire judgement – the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. This will affect all the world, but especially the Middle East and this prophesy applies specifically to Judah, the current inhabitants of the Land. Ezekiel 20:46-48, Ezekiel 21:1-17, Isaiah 6:11-14

Leave a comment:

• blur1
    replied

When Paul says in 1 Thess 5:3 'peace & safety', he is referring to Deuteronomy 29:19

one who, when he hears the words of this sworn covenant, blesses himself in his heart, saying, ‘I shall be safe, though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart.’ This will lead to the sweeping away of moist and dry alike.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/deuteronomy/29-19.htm

The Hebrew word 'shalom' means 'peace' but also means 'prosperity', - financial safety/ security' https://biblehub.com/hebrew/7965.htm

And this peace plan is called 'Peace to Prosperity' https://www.timesofisrael.com/white-...-palestinians/

Leave a comment:

• BrianW
    replied

Actually...
    Right. But you'll make a bold proclamation and then post a verse or more right after it as if it/they back up your statement or your statement is derived from them. But it doesn't and they weren't. Which now you readily admit so...

This whole thread is making less sense every time I read it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X