Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion FOUR BEASTS AND THE MARK OF THE BEAST

In Daniel 7 there are four beasts, these are four KINGDOMS:
    Daniel 7:23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth

If beasts are kingdoms, how do we know when a specific leader is in mind, and not the kingdom:
    King Nebuchadnezzar: v4 it stood on two feet like a human being, and the mind of a human was given to it.
    Antichrist: v8 eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully
    Antichrist: Rev 13 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words

So we have a simple interpretation of symbols here, a beast is a KINGDOM FIRST, but is a human if given HUMAN FEATURES. The same can be applied to horns, they are regions, and sometimes leaders.

Country/Kingdom:
    Rev 13 So when you read that the beast had 7 heads, this is a COUNTRY , not a person
    Rev 13 When you read that one of the heads of the beast was wounded, this is a country, not a person
    Rev 13 When the beast recovers from the wound, this is a country, not a person
    Dan 7 When you read that the beast has a little horn, this means that it rules from a small region inside that country
    Rev 13 When you read about the mark or number of the beast, this is a symbol or number of a country not a person
    Rev 17 When you read about the beast that was and yet will come, this is a country, not a person.

Leader:
    Dan 7 When the little horn is given eyes and a mouth, the antichrist is in mind, he is boastful and rules for 3.5 years.
    Rev 13 When the beast of Rev 13 is given a mouth , the antichrist is in mind, he is boastful and rules for 3.5 years.

I hope that gives clarity to those that think the antichrist will recover from a wound, or re-appear. It is a kingdom that recovers from the wound in Rev 13, not a person. It is a kingdom that re-appears in Rev 17, not a person. It is the mark and number of a country, not a person.

Re: FOUR BEASTS AND THE MARK OF THE BEAST

Yes, it is a kingdom. Ten Arab nations. However, the number of the beast is the number of a man. REV.13:18

Comment

Originally posted by DurbanDude View Post
      Daniel 7:23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth

If beasts are kingdoms, how do we know when a specific leader is in mind, and not the kingdom:
      King Nebuchadnezzar: v4 it stood on two feet like a human being, and the mind of a human was given to it.

So we have a simple interpretation of symbols here, a beast is a KINGDOM FIRST, but is a human if given HUMAN FEATURES. The same can be applied to horns, they are regions, and sometimes leaders.

Country/Kingdom:
      Rev 13 So when you read that the beast had 7 heads, this is a COUNTRY , not a person
      Rev 13 When you read that one of the heads of the beast was wounded, this is a country, not a person
      Dan 7 When you read that the beast has a little horn, this means that it rules from a small region inside that country
      Rev 13 When you read about the mark or number of the beast, this is a symbol or number of a country not a person
      Rev 17 When you read about the beast that was and yet will come, this is a country, not a person.

Leader:
      Dan 7 When the little horn is given eyes and a mouth, the antichrist is in mind, he is boastful and rules for 3.5 years.
      Rev 13 When the beast of Rev 13 is given a mouth , the antichrist is in mind, he is boastful and rules for 3.5 years.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
      Dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Here a ten horned beast arises and after it rises the little horn who takes control of this ten horned kingdom.

Who do you think the little horn is in Revelation? Same guy that arises AFTER the ten horned beast rises up.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Same beast Daniel described but with the added 7 heads.

Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
      Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
      Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
      Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
      Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
      Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
      Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
      Rev 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
      Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
      Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
      Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And here comes the little horn just like it is in Daniel.

Daniel - ten horned beast arises, little horn comes next and is the person of authority and power over the ten horned beast.
      Revelation - ten horned beast arises, false prophet comes next and is the person of authority and power over the ten horned beast.

Same "players" and same order of appearance.

Little horn = false prophet = antichrist.

I hope that gives clarity to those that think the antichrist will recover from a wound, or re-appear. It is a kingdom that recovers from the wound in Rev 13, not a person.
      Not exactly but close. The horns are kings that have kingdoms. It doesn't say a horn was wounded but a head and the heads are where these ten kingdoms are located so it is an area of land where a kingdom, or more than one kingdom was "wounded". The wound is by a sword symbolizing war. Most likely it was an area of land, like one of the 7 continents that a war was fought and the land and kingdoms there were "wounded" from the war like Germany or Japan had "wounds" from the Allies.
      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by seeker_truth View Post
        Yes, it is a kingdom. Ten Arab nations.
        It cannot be existing kingdoms because Rev says they receive kingdoms only for one hour with the beast so these ten kingdoms are new kingdoms that didn't exist.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Also, why limit this just to Arabs? That's odd. I see this as a global thing so Arabs would be only one kingdom and other places of the world would have kingdoms. Perhaps all of North America would be a kingdom, then all of south America, all of Europe...etc etc until the whole world was ten new kingdoms ruled by ten kings put in place by the AC.

People always tend to think so small on this subject but we are told the GT is worse and greater than has ever been before. I believe thinking globally on this matter is the wisest way.
        James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

QUOTE=DurbanDude;3499027]In Daniel 7 there are four beasts, these are four KINGDOMS:

17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

The beast is a kingdom with a king.

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Do the 7 horns/eyes of the lamb represent a country? No they are 7 spirits.

Likewise these 7 heads are part of the government of Satan. 7 spirits. 7 spirits who and will manifest themselves upon earth as kings.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings .

So the four beasts and 7 heads are part of Satan's government. The little horn whom will rule over all aka king of kings. Sound familiar?

I hope that gives clarity to those that think the antichrist will recover from a wound, or re-appear. It is a kingdom that recovers from the wound in Rev 13, not a person. It is a kingdom that re-appears in Rev 17, not a person. It is the mark and number of a country, not a person.
          So the beast will have a wound healed. One of it's 7 heads in battle IN HEAVEN. This 7th head will transform into the 8th head upon earth (ie little horn). No one on earth will see the wound or understand it has been healed John is privy to this as the event takes place in heaven. Though the world will follow this man whom they think is Christ.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition:

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
            People always tend to think so small on this subject but we are told the GT is worse and greater than has ever been before. I believe thinking globally on this matter is the wisest way.
            Agree. Will Christ return just to rule a part of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
              Agree. Will Christ return just to rule a part of the world?
              I'm talking about what is ruled and who rules during the GT not after it. I think we all know the answer to your question.

Comment

I'm talking about what is ruled and who rules during the GT not after it. I think we all know the answer to your question.
                I was making a parallel. If Christ comes to rule the whole world so shall the AC.

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                  I was making a parallel. If Christ comes to rule the whole world so shall the AC.
                  Well, I suspect the other poster believes ten Arab kingdoms will rule the world but I just find it odd that all ten would be the same race of people rather than the AC using all races from all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by DurbanDude View Post
                    Daniel 7:23 He gave me this explanation: The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth

Country/Kingdom:

Leader:

I really don't know, but my guess is the 10 horns and little horn of Dan 7 represent 10 kingdoms that arise out of the old Roman "beast." The little horn is the Antichrist.

In Revelation we see 10 horns and 7 heads, which seem to relate back to Dan 7, where 3 of the 10 horns are defeated by the little horn.

7 heads, then, would refer to kingdoms who still have kings, whereas the 10 horns would represent all 10 kingdoms, with or without kings. The Antichrist rules over them all.

I personally believe the horns or the heads may all represents kingdoms with leaders over them. But they may also represent their kings, as well, if so described. Thus, the wounding of the beast may represent the wounding of a nation or a wounding of a king, depending on the description.

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
                      I really don't know, but my guess is the 10 horns and little horn of Dan 7 represent 10 kingdoms that arise out of the old Roman "beast." The little horn is the Antichrist.

In Revelation we see 10 horns and 7 heads, which seem to relate back to Dan 7, where 3 of the 10 horns are defeated by the little horn.
                      The main issue here is nowhere in Rev does anyone defeat 3 of the 10 horns. All ten horns are fully intact for the entire "hour" of the beast. All ten fall when Christ defeats them and the beast.

7 heads, then, would refer to kingdoms who still have kings, whereas the 10 horns would represent all 10 kingdoms, with or without kings. The Antichrist rules over them all.
                      The 7 heads are mountains not kings. Only the horns are kings and there are ten through the entire GT.

Thus, the wounding of the beast may represent the wounding of a nation or a wounding of a king, depending on the description.
                      The wounded head is an area of the world the beast rules over. There's at least one horn and kingdom in it, likely two and there was a war which caused the wound.

Comment

I just find it odd that all ten would be the same race of people rather than the AC using all races from all over the world.
                        Again these 10 are in relation to the tribes of Israel and thus the same race. However the "waters" in Rev 17 represents all races.

Comment

The main issue here is nowhere in Rev does anyone defeat 3 of the 10 horns. All ten horns are fully intact for the entire "hour" of the beast. All ten fall when Christ defeats them and the beast.

The 7 heads are mountains not kings. Only the horns are kings and there are ten through the entire GT.

The wounded head is an area of the world the beast rules over. There's at least one horn and kingdom in it, likely two and there was a war which caused the wound.
                          Yes, I'm really on shaky ground here, because I really don't know. However, you're not answering the question. 3 kings are in fact defeated, and you don't address that (Dan 7.8). The 7 mountains are also called 7 kings (Rev 17.10). Neither do you address that.

Comment

Yes, I'm really on shaky ground here, because I really don't know. However, you're not answering the question. 3 kings are in fact defeated, and you don't address that (Dan 7.8). The 7 mountains are also called 7 kings (Rev 17.10). Neither do you address that.
                            The three which are "defeated" are the first three beasts lion, bear, leopard.

These three are part of the beast thus are not defeated by the fourth beast rather the fourth beast assumes power for a season and a time.

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts (lion, bear, leopard), they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

So before whom three fell, are the lion, bear, leopard not 3 of the 10 horns.

Comment

3 kings are in fact defeated, and you don't address that (Dan 7.8).
                              Yeah I addressed that awhile ago with you. You have merely forgotten. 3 kings are defeated in Daniel, but not in Revelation. Rev is the newest prophecy so it is the one we go by. Daniels prophecy was altered by God and given anew to John.

The 7 mountains are also called 7 kings (Rev 17.10). Neither do you address that.
                              I've addressed it more times than I can count. That is based on faulty manuscripts. The correct manuscripts do not say the 7 mountains are also these past fallen kings etc...I also explained at length how it is literally impossible for the 7 mountains to have been these fallen kings and kingdoms of the past but you didn't understand so we left it there.

Comment

Working...
                              X