Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like a Thief in the Night

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

    Originally posted by randyk View Post
    Very friendly post! Thank you brother. I do accept the possibility of a CME. As I said, I think it is part of the endtime judgment upon the Kingdom of the Beast. All I'm saying is that there are other bad things happening too. We'll talk later...
    This forthcoming worldwide disaster of fire, earthquakes, storms, tsunamis; all caused by a CME of unprecedented magnitude, will be the event that will make the establishment of a One World Government imperative.
    We know that with the United Nations and many other organizations, an OWG is their ultimate aim. They are ready to implement it, as a 10 region entity.
    It will all happen as prophesied and we know that it will soon be taken over by one powerful and charismatic man.

    But we Christians have a different destiny, we must stand firm in our faith and then be ready for the Call to travel to and live in all of the holy Land. Psalms 107


    Isaiah 66:15-16 See; the Lord is coming in fire, His chariots like a whirlwind, bringing retribution in His furious anger. [ Eze 20:46-47 & Isa 33:10-12]
    The Lord will judge with fire and His sword will test mankind. Many will be slain by Him. [The Lords Day of vengeance. Isa 63:4-6 & Rev 6:12-17, 14:17-19]

    Isaiah 66:17 Those who practice magic arts, witchcraft and occult, those who eat defiled foods; they will all meet their end, for I know their deeds and thoughts.

    Isaiah 66:18 I am coming to gather peoples of every tongue, they will come to see My glory. [His people, gathered into the Promised Land. Revelation 7:9, Isaiah 35:1-10, & Zechariah 8:7]
    Isaiah 66:19 I shall put My seal on some of those survivors. I will send them out, they will proclaim My glory among all peoples. [The 144,000 -Revelation 7:1-8, 14:1-7 ]

    Isaiah 66:20 From every nation, your brothers and sisters will be brought, on all kinds of transport, as an offering to the Lord, on His holy mountain in Jerusalem. Just as in the same way: you Israelites brought offerings to My Temple.
    Isaiah 66:21 I will select some of My people to be priests and Levites.
    Isaiah 66:22 As the new heavens and the new earth that I will make will endure before Me, so will your posterity and name endure.
    Isaiah 66:23 Every month and every Sabbath, all mankind will come and bow down before Me. [The glory of God in the new Temple]
    Isaiah 66:24 And they will all see the bodies of those who rebelled against Me, for their worm will not die, nor is the fire quenched. They will be a horror to all.

    Isaiah 66:12-14 These are the words of the Lord; I shall make prosperity flow over Israel like a river. The wealth of nations will be yours. I will comfort you, as a mother comforts her child – in Zion, you will find peace. When you see this, your hearts will be glad, you will flourish. The Lord will make His power known among His servants, but His fury will be felt among His foes.

    All of this passage in the last chapter of Isaiah, speaks of events that will happen before the glorious Return of Jesus. As it says in verse 14: the Lords power and fury will be known, but not His presence, at this time.

    Reference; R.E.B., N.I.V. K.J.V. some verses abridged.

    Comment


    • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

      It's funny how Jesus compared his coming to a thief in the night. People watch to stop a thief. Believers watch to welcome the Lord.

      Comment


      • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

        Originally posted by journeyman View Post
        It's funny how Jesus compared his coming to a thief in the night. People watch to stop a thief. Believers watch to welcome the Lord.
        Excellent point! Somewhere along the way I realized that when Jesus was telling his disciples to be "ready" for his Coming always, it was to make them scrutinize the false messages in their day! It was not just to promise them a happy ever-ending, which is true regardless.

        But more importantly, in order to get to that "happy day" they would have to 1st expose false christs and false prophets, and false messages of artificial prosperity and tolerance. The counterfeit comes first, and this makes exposing it critical as we await the Day of the Lord.

        Comment


        • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

          Originally posted by journeyman View Post
          It's funny how Jesus compared his coming to a thief in the night. People watch to stop a thief. Believers watch to welcome the Lord.
          The saying: 'coming like a thief', simply means coming unexpectedly, when people are unaware and unready for it.
          The saying cannot apply to the glorious Return of Jesus, as that Great Day of Almighty God, Revelation 16:14, will not be unexpected. We are plainly told that it will happen exactly 1260 days after the AoD is placed in the Temple. The Christians who remain; WILL be watching and ready to welcome Jesus. Luke 21:27-28, Revelation 19:11-21

          It applies to the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath; the Sixth Seal event, Revelation 6:12-17, a sudden and shocking worldwide disaster. It will be instigated by the Lord, but He will not be seen on that Day. Psalms 18:11, Habakkuk 3:4

          Originally posted by journeyman View Post
          It's funny how Jesus compared his coming to a thief in the night. People watch to stop a thief. Believers watch to welcome the Lord.
          The saying: 'coming like a thief', simply means coming unexpectedly, when people are unaware and unready for it.
          The saying cannot apply to the glorious Return of Jesus, as that Great Day of Almighty God, Revelation 16:14, will not be unexpected. We are plainly told that it will happen exactly 1260 days after the AoD is placed in the Temple. The Christians who remain; WILL be watching and ready to welcome Jesus. Luke 21:27-28, Revelation 19:11-21

          It applies to the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath; the Sixth Seal event, Revelation 6:12-17, a sudden and shocking worldwide disaster. It will be instigated by the Lord, but He will not be seen on that Day. Psalms 18:11, Habakkuk 3:4

          Comment


          • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

            Originally posted by randyk View Post
            Excellent point! Somewhere along the way I realized that when Jesus was telling his disciples to be "ready" for his Coming always, it was to make them scrutinize the false messages in their day! It was not just to promise them a happy ever-ending, which is true regardless.

            But more importantly, in order to get to that "happy day" they would have to 1st expose false christs and false prophets, and false messages of artificial prosperity and tolerance. The counterfeit comes first, and this makes exposing it critical as we await the Day of the Lord.
            Of course it's important to recognize and expose false teaching, but I think the ability to know and do that comes from walking with our Lord.

            I believe when Jesus said, "Be ready", he meant,

            whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock Mt.7:24

            Then your light will dispel the darkness, and your darkness will be transformed into noonday. Isa.58:10

            Comment


            • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

              Originally posted by journeyman View Post
              Of course it's important to recognize and expose false teaching, but I think the ability to know and do that comes from walking with our Lord.

              I believe when Jesus said, "Be ready", he meant,

              whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock Mt.7:24

              Then your light will dispel the darkness, and your darkness will be transformed into noonday. Isa.58:10
              I agree. I believe that as we watch for the Lord's coming we do so by keeping ourselves prepared for that event. And we do so by exposing the evil, for which men will be judged at the Lord's coming.

              To identify false Christs and false prophets is a part of "watching for the Lord's coming." That's precisely what the Lord told us to do!

              Those who will be caught as by a "thief in the night" are not going to look at their sins and deceptions, nor will they look for the Lord's coming. At best they think the Lord will come to sanction their behaviors, to ignore their bad behaviors, or to forgive their behaviors. They will not acknowledge that they have been deceived, and will not really be "watching for the Lord's coming."

              Only believers watch for the Lord's coming in the right way by exposing the deceptions and by avoiding them. That is truly preparing ourselves for and watching for the Lord's coming.

              Comment


              • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                Originally posted by Keraz View Post
                The saying: 'coming like a thief', simply means coming unexpectedly, when people are unaware and unready for it.
                Yes my friend, I know that. Unbelievers will not be ready on that day,

                For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 1Thes.5:2-3

                Originally posted by Keraz View Post
                The saying cannot apply to the glorious Return of Jesus
                Yes it does apply to Jesus glorious return,

                the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up. 2Pet.3:10

                Originally posted by Keraz View Post
                as that Great Day of Almighty God, Revelation 16:14, will not be unexpected.

                We are plainly told that it will happen exactly 1260 days after the AoD is placed in the Temple. The Christians who remain; WILL be watching and ready to welcome Jesus. Luke 21:27-28, Revelation 19:11-21
                I believe the 1260 days is symbolic of Jesus's ministry when he walked on earth as a man. And speaks of Jewish feasts in relation to days that follow.

                Originally posted by Keraz View Post
                It applies to the forthcoming Day of the Lord's fiery wrath; the Sixth Seal event, Revelation 6:12-17, a sudden and shocking worldwide disaster.
                I believe the removing of the seals show us not only what Jesus does in the future, but is a revelation of what he did on earth as a man. For instance, stars falling from heaven can easily mean demonic forces were cast down by Christ's victory over death. In Acts 2:20, Peter cites the sun being darkened and the moon turning to blood as a current reality, not a future event. Why would Peter do that, unless Jesus's 1st coming where he was victorious over all the forces of evil is related to his 2nd coming?

                Originally posted by Keraz View Post
                It will be instigated by the Lord, but He will not be seen on that Day. Psalms 18:11, Habakkuk 3:4
                Psalm 18 says he made his "tabernacle", his "booth" (a temporary dwelling), his covering. Hab.3 speaks of how God hid himself when he gave forth the law. Both of these are true ofJesus when he came in the flesh.

                Comment


                • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                  Originally posted by randyk View Post
                  I agree. I believe that as we watch for the Lord's coming we do so by keeping ourselves prepared for that event. And we do so by exposing the evil, for which men will be judged at the Lord's coming.

                  To identify false Christs and false prophets is a part of "watching for the Lord's coming." That's precisely what the Lord told us to do!

                  Those who will be caught as by a "thief in the night" are not going to look at their sins and deceptions, nor will they look for the Lord's coming. At best they think the Lord will come to sanction their behaviors, to ignore their bad behaviors, or to forgive their behaviors. They will not acknowledge that they have been deceived, and will not really be "watching for the Lord's coming."

                  Only believers watch for the Lord's coming in the right way by exposing the deceptions and by avoiding them. That is truly preparing ourselves for and watching for the Lord's coming.
                  Well, Jesus's coming is judgment day,

                  Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1Cor.4:5

                  Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 1Pet.3:14

                  Looking for Jesus to come like a thief,

                  wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat 2Pet.3:12

                  Comment


                  • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                    Originally posted by journeyman View Post
                    Yes my friend, I know that. Unbelievers will not be ready on that day,

                    For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 1Thes.5:2-3

                    Yes it does apply to Jesus glorious return,

                    the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up. 2Pet.3:10
                    There are 3 Bible prophesies that describe the glorious Return of Jesus: Zechariah 14:3, Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 19:11 They all say it will happen AFTER His wrath or the Tribulation.
                    Jesus does not destroy anything other than the attacking armies, Rev 19:19-21, at His Return.

                    2 Peter 3:0, is a reference to the New Earth, Rev 21:1-7
                    All the rest of the prophesies about the forthcoming Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, refer to the Sixth Seal event, years before the Return.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                      I agree with so much of what has been said by you guys in this thread! Keep it up - I am learning a ton

                      Thanks again everyone! Glad to be here!

                      Comment


                      • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                        Originally posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
                        I agree with so much of what has been said by you guys in this thread! Keep it up - I am learning a ton

                        Thanks again everyone! Glad to be here!
                        So many of us would be very happy to have more join us. The only test is your ability to endure the inevitable attacks upon our dignity when we disagree!

                        Comment


                        • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                          Originally posted by Keraz View Post
                          There are 3 Bible prophesies that describe the glorious Return of Jesus: Zechariah 14:3, Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 19:11 They all say it will happen AFTER His wrath or the Tribulation.
                          Zech.14 says when Jesus stands on Mt. Olivet, living waters will flow from Jerusalem. This is symbolic of the Holy Spirit being given at Pentecost. If you can't acknowledge this, there's no point in discussing the rest.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                            Originally posted by journeyman View Post
                            Zech.14 says when Jesus stands on Mt. Olivet, living waters will flow from Jerusalem. This is symbolic of the Holy Spirit being given at Pentecost. If you can't acknowledge this, there's no point in discussing the rest.
                            Exactly and Jesus did stand on the mount of olives when He instructed the deciples to take the gospel to all of the nations on the day of His ascention

                            Comment


                            • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                              Originally posted by journeyman View Post
                              Zech.14 says when Jesus stands on Mt. Olivet, living waters will flow from Jerusalem. This is symbolic of the Holy Spirit being given at Pentecost. If you can't acknowledge this, there's no point in discussing the rest.
                              To add to this as proof

                              John 7:37-39
                              37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”[c] 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Like a Thief in the Night

                                Originally posted by marty fox View Post
                                Exactly and Jesus did stand on the mount of olives when He instructed the deciples to take the gospel to all of the nations on the day of His ascention
                                Yes, take the gospel to the nations, so that the nations wouldn't be deceived any longer.

                                Jesus comes like a thief only to those who unprepared.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X