Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Jesus does not do that in any part of the vision John saw in Rev. There Christ says the rule over the nations begins only after his return and it's mentioned more than once. You are going by a parable but I am going by what John shows as real time events he saw happen. Parables are great to teach some things but every single thing in a parable is not what happens in the real life fulfillment of the events being portrayed. There aren't only 5 virgins saved by Christ nor are the saved only females...etc etc.
    Jesus does in the verse below just like peter says on the day of the lord

Revelation 20:9
    9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

Comment

Jesus does not do that in any part of the vision John saw in Rev.

According to you. Jesus is not contradicting himself in Revelation but reinforcing what he said in plain language. Be ready before he comes or perish.
      And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Originally posted by marty fox View Post
        Jesus does in the verse below just like peter says on the day of the lord

Revelation 20:9
        9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.
        That's obviously not Jesus nor the second coming.
        James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
          According to you. Jesus is not contradicting himself in Revelation but reinforcing what he said in plain language. Be ready before he comes or perish.
          You are literalizing one part of a parable and ignoring what the real time events are given by Christ in Rev. Both Rev 2 and 19 prove the reign over the nations does not begin until Christ returns. That proves the reign isn't happening now.
          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

That's obviously not Jesus nor the second coming.
            It’s the description of 2 peter 3

Comment

You are literalizing one part of a parable and ignoring what the real time events are given by Christ in Rev.
              Lol

Rev was written to dedicated servants who could Spiritually discern.

11 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

The rest of the NT was written to create those dedicated followers.
              And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

It’s the description of 2 peter 3
                It's not but feel free to believe it. Christ came in Rev 19 and cast the FP and beast into the LOF where they are when Satan is cast into the LOF in Rev 20:10

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
                Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Jesus didn't return in verse 9 and defeat the beast and FP and cast them into the LOF because it happened long before these two verses. Satan was just released from a 1000 year prison sentence and the beast and FP were cast into the LOF before that thousand years began. So, what you are saying simply doesn't align with what the scriptures say. Also, the battle of Armageddon is 66 miles from the later battle at Jerusalem. At Armageddon which is the second coming, no fire destroys the enemy army. 66 miles away, and a thousand years later there is a different army not led by the FP or beast that is not killed by the sword of Christ's mouth but instead fire comes from God in heaven. Two dif armies, two dif time periods, two dif leaders of the armies, two dif ways the armies die...nothing matches up for your position.

Comment

Originally posted by Deade View Post
                  Yet it seems you are still in darkness! Satan is really effective in this day and age. Bound? I think not!
                  I agree. Satan is not yet bound.

Comment

You are literalizing one part of a parable and ignoring what the real time events are given by Christ in Rev. Both Rev 2 and 19 prove the reign over the nations does not begin until Christ returns. That proves the reign isn't happening now.
                    Please clarify whose reign over the nations that you're referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
                      Please clarify whose reign over the nations that you're referring to?
                      Whoever wields the rod of iron.

Comment

It's not but feel free to believe it. Christ came in Rev 19 and cast the FP and beast into the LOF where they are when Satan is cast into the LOF in Rev 20:10

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
                        Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Jesus didn't return in verse 9 and defeat the beast and FP and cast them into the LOF because it happened long before these two verses. Satan was just released from a 1000 year prison sentence and the beast and FP were cast into the LOF before that thousand years began. So, what you are saying simply doesn't align with what the scriptures say. Also, the battle of Armageddon is 66 miles from the later battle at Jerusalem. At Armageddon which is the second coming, no fire destroys the enemy army. 66 miles away, and a thousand years later there is a different army not led by the FP or beast that is not killed by the sword of Christ's mouth but instead fire comes from God in heaven. Two dif armies, two dif time periods, two dif leaders of the armies, two dif ways the armies die...nothing matches up for your position.
                        That's an interpretation that a lot of people believe

My explanation
                        The beast a demon influencing Rome in the first century

The false prophet a demon influencing apostate Israel in the first century (a true false prophet would have to come from the same people that the true prophets came from)

What would of been a more important time and cause for satan to bring these two together to kill Jesus and to try and wipe out the church before it really gets going?

In my view I still believe beast and the faulse are still cast into the lake of fire a long time before satan is

I also don’t think that the city god loves is Jerusalem but it is the New Jerusalem from above the church

Comment

That's an interpretation that a lot of people believe
                          You simply ignore the details of Rev 19 and 20 that show chronology between them. The FP and beast being in the LOF before the start of the thousand years proves that Rev 20 follows 19 since after the thousand years the FP and beast are in the LOF before Satan is cast there. Since Christ is the one who defeats the FP and beast at the second coming we know without a doubt that Christ returns before the Millennium therefore Premil (returning before the Millennium begins) is the only correct end times doctrine.

Comment

You simply ignore the details of Rev 19 and 20 that show chronology between them. The FP and beast being in the LOF before the start of the thousand years proves that Rev 20 follows 19 since after the thousand years the FP and beast are in the LOF before Satan is cast there. Since Christ is the one who defeats the FP and beast at the second coming we know without a doubt that Christ returns before the Millennium therefore Premil (returning before the Millennium begins) is the only correct end times doctrine.
                            Or is it possible that they be at the same time?

The message is always the most important thing within the bible more important than all the tiny details

So instead of the small details what about the message of chapter 19?

Jesus word defeats all of his enemies over all time Jesus isnít bound to one concurring event.

Satan used Rome and apostate Israel to kill Jesus to try to wipe out the church before it really got started

The first message in chapter 19 is that mystery Babylon the great was destroyed And who destroyed her

Rev 17:16-17
                            16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until Godís words are fulfilled.

The beast Rome did destroy Jerusalem for gods purpose and Ezekiel chapter 16 tells us who exactly god calls the whore Jerusalem

Thus if we stick to the message we can decipher the scriptures

Comment

Or is it possible that they be at the same time?
                              No, and I explained why.

Two cast into the LOF before the thousand years.
                              After the thousand years, Satan cast into LOF where the first two are. That proves not at same time since a thousand years happens inbetween.

The message is always the most important thing within the bible more important than all the tiny details
                              You can't have doctrines that contradict any details of scripture. Scripture has Christ coming to defeat the FP and beast BEFORE the thousand years starts, and Satan being cast into the LOF AFTER the thousand years. This is why Premil will always be the correct doctrine because it agrees and accepts the chronology given by Christ in Rev.

Comment

Whoever wields the rod of iron.
                                Every scriptural reference to "rule with a rod of iron" refers to Jesus and his saints over the nations during the MK.

Comment

Working...
                                X