Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
    That's what I see also. Today is the day of salvation and we are exhorted to be ready before he arrives.
    Great. Scripture has always emphasized the urgency of accepting Christ when we receive the gospel and not to put it off to later.

Comment

Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
      Great. Scripture has always emphasized the urgency of accepting Christ when we receive the gospel and not to put it off to later.
      Amil believes no one can accept the gospel after the second coming.
      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Lol

Rev was written to dedicated servants who could Spiritually discern.

11 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

The rest of the NT was written to create those dedicated followers.
        In a general sense yes, Rev is written for the discerning of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
          Well, they are obviously wrong.

Comment

Yes , but why? Final Judgment perhaps?
            What does scripture emphasize for not accepting it and putting it off till later.? Why must we be ready before he comes again?

Its like Noah's day and only the chosen will survive that's why.

2Thess 1
            This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.
            And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
              Faith in what you do not see is more convincing , and pleasing to God.

Comment

Here are Bible passages that confirm the fact that the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath is some time before His glorious Return. His people, righteous Israel, every faithful Christian who believes in God and keeps His Commandments, will live there in prosperity and peace. Ezekiel 34:11-31, Ezekiel 39:25-29, Isaiah 35:1-10, Amos 9:13-15

Isaiah 66:15-24 ...the Lord coming in fire [not on a cloud, in His glory, at this time],
                ...bringing retribution in anger.
                The Lord will judge with fire and sword and test all mankind. All those unclean and wicked will die.
                I will gather peoples of every tongue- they: [all Christians] will see My glory. 2 Thessalonians 1:10....revealed to His own.
                I shall put a sign on [some of] those survivors and will send them to declare My glory to all the nations. [before the Return –these are the 144,000, Rev 7 & 14, Isaiah 66:19
                From all the world, your fellow peoples will come, on every conveyance, like offerings to the Lord. Some will become My priests. Revelation 5:10
                His Christian people will rebuild the Temple and serve in it. 1 Peter 2:9, Rev. 11:1-2]

As the New heavens and New earth that I am making will endure, so will your posterity endure.
                This will happen at the end of the Millennium, Revelation 21:1-7

All mankind will come to bow before Me. They will see what happened to those who rebelled against Me. This will happen during the Millennium. Zechariah 14:16

Jeremiah 30:3 ...both Israel and Judah will return to the Land. A remnant; only as faithful Christians. But, first the Land is cleared and cleansed:
                Jeremiah 30:4-11 The Lord says to Israel and Judah, “How awful is that Day, a cry of terror, anguish for Jacob.
                His people, the true Israelites of God will have their faith tested.. Psalms 30:4-5, Ezekiel 21:7

On that Day, I will save My people. [the terrible Day of the Lord/the sixth seal, coronal mass ejection from the sun. Isaiah 30:26, Isaiah 32:15-20
                Do not despair, [faithful Christian] Israel, I will bring you back safely from afar. Isaiah 51:3

Deuteronomy 32:41-43 I will sharpen My flashing sword and take vengeance on those who hate Me. Rejoice, you heavens, He will avenge His people and cleanse their Land .

There is a wonderful logic in the promise that those people who love the Lord will live in the Promised Land and all those prophecies to His holy people will be fulfilled. They will settle there and be “a light to all nations” as God originally intended.
                Isaiah 60:3.... over you, His glory will appear and nations will travel to your light.
                Very soon, there will be worldwide, dramatic events, especially in the Middle East, which will completely change the area. The Lord’s faithful people will go to live in all of the cleared and cleansed holy Land. Deuteronomy 32:34-43

When the Lord Jesus Returns, He will save those people from the attacking armies of the Anti Christ. The sudden and complete destruction of those armies as described in Rev. 19:17-21, does not match the Sixth Seal : Rev 6:12-17, or the many other verses describing the Lord’s Day of wrath and vengeance. Amos 5:18-20, Joel 2:11
                Then those Gentile people who have refused the “mark of the beast” will join them, Matthew 24:31, and live in the Land, Isaiah 56:8, under King Jesus, for 1000 years.

Comment

Faith in what you do not see is more convincing , and pleasing to God.
                  Which has nothing to do with what I said in that post.
                  James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Yes , but why? Final Judgment perhaps?
                    What does scripture emphasize for not accepting it and putting it off till later.? Why must we be ready before he comes again?

Its like Noah's day and only the chosen will survive that's why.

2Thess 1
                    This is a plain indication of God’s righteous judgment so that you will be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed—for our testimony to you was believed.
                    Another logical reason is that one never knows when death will come calling. It's like a young man who hears the gospel but decided to put off accepting Christ until he's older because he wants to enjoy the fruit sin. And then he dies in sin before reaching old age. Hence, Paul said in Hebrew:

Heb 3:2 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
                    13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
                    15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Comment

Another logical reason is that one never knows when death will come calling. It's like a young man who hears the gospel but decided to put off accepting Christ until he's older because he wants to enjoy the fruit sin. And then he dies in sin before reaching old age. Hence, Paul said in Hebrew:

Heb 3:2 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
                      13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
                      15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
                      Yes..., but we are talking about what happens to those alive when Jesus comes again.

" While it is called today " , ends when Jesus comes.

So what happens next?...

42 “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. 43 But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. 44 For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

45 “Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. 47 Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But if that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is not coming for a long time,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; 50 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, 51 and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth happens at his coming not a 1000 years after.

Matt 25
                      31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

In order to inherit the kingdom from the foundation of the world at his coming, we must be changed / glorified / resurrected at his coming....

and in order for the ungodly to be thrown into eternal fire at his coming , speaks of final judgment taking place at his coming on the world of the ungodly....as it was in Noahs day.

Comment

Yes..., but we are talking about what happens to those alive when Jesus comes again.

So what happens next?...

42 “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. 43 But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. 44 For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

45 “Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. 47 Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But if that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is not coming for a long time,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; 50 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, 51 and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matt 25
                        31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

In order to inherit the kingdom from the foundation of the world at his coming, we must be changed / glorified / resurrected at his coming....

and in order for the ungodly to be thrown into eternal fire at his coming , speaks of final judgment taking place at his coming on the world of the ungodly....as it was in Noahs day.
                        The scriptures proves your point well said

Comment

So what happens next?...

Matt 25

To understand the fate of the mortal when Jesus returns, some dynamics need to be considered. I would personally say that it will be near impossible for any of the Gentiles alive at the second coming to be saved. The reason IMHO is that by that time, they would have taken the mark of the Beast which scriptures say, there's no coming back from. The way I see it, there's no way an unbeliever can survive the wrath of the Lamb and also avoid taking the mark.

The Jews will be in the wilderness for 1260 days leading up to the coming of the Lord. So their case is different.

However, there's nothing to stop some of those born in the MK who didn't experience life under the Beast from coming to faith.

Comment

Are you sure?

So what happens next?...
                            Who is being addressed?
                            Those who are servants of our Lord, not everybody else.

Matt 25

The kingdom was prepared from the foundation of the world, NOT the people. You are arguing for predestination as a form of fate, which is a false teaching and is what Muslims and others also teach.
                            This judgement in Matt 25 is of those who are living in the nations, and not a judgement of the dead.

Comment

To understand the fate of the mortal when Jesus returns, some dynamics need to be considered. I would personally say that it will be near impossible for any of the Gentiles alive at the second coming to be saved. The reason IMHO is that by that time, they would have taken the mark of the Beast which scriptures say, there's no coming back from. The way I see it, there's no way an unbeliever can survive the wrath of the Lamb and also avoid taking the mark.

The Jews will be in the wilderness for 1260 days leading up to the coming of the Lord. So their case is different.

However, there's nothing to stop some of those born in the MK who didn't experience life under the Beast from coming to faith.
                              Wouldn’t not being able to repent after taking the mark of the beast contradict all of the scriptures promising salvation to who ever repents like John 3:16?

Maybe we have to think of what the mark of th beast actually is

Wouldn’t not being able to repent after taking the mark of the beast contradict all of the scriptures promising salvation to who ever repents like John 3:16?

Maybe we have to think of what the mark of th beast actually is

Comment

I agree for the most part.
                                All those not in the book of life at that time will follow the beast and have their part in LOF.

Rev
                                All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

“The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.

And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Rev 14
                                9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
                                11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Their is nobody left to populate a future millennium if the above scriptures are to be believed.

Comment

Working...
                                X