Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
    It isn't the unforgivable sin so they could accept Christ and repent and be forgiven. Also, not everyone takes the mark of the beast so these people God spares could be people who didn't take the mark. We know at the second coming there are people who are alive and remain and they didn't take the mark so it's possible others didn't also. No where does it say you are killed if you don't take the mark. People who don't worship the image of the beast are killed but the same isn't written about the mark.
    The focus here is on those who take the mark, not those who didn't.
    I have already addressed this assumption that forgiveness is possible after taken the mark and shown it to be false. Please see post #254.
    FHG helped by providing passages that show that these people cursed God instead of asking for repentance.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
      Those poor children growing up knowing that mummy and daddy are doomed to their part in hell. Never gonna happen.
      Fact of the matter is that Jesus remains in heaven until the restoration of all things at his coming.

act 3
      18 But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; 20 and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,
      21 whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.
      Check your position again because there's certainly a disconnect.

1. Your reference to "these poor children growing up knowing that mummy and daddy are doomed to their part in hell" refers to long after Jesus has returned. IOW, life during the Millennium.
      2. Yet you contradicted yourself by claiming this happens while Jesus is still in heaven until the restoration of all things.

Comment

Originally posted by marty fox View Post
        When a literal interpretation contradicts other scriptures. Below is a method I use

The whole of scripture is greater than the sum of its individual passages. You can not comprehend the bible as a whole without comprehending its individual passages and you cannot comprehend its individual passages without comprehending the bible as a whole. The individual passages can never be interpreted in a way as to conflict the whole of scripture

Marks and symbols on the head were symbolic in the OT

Exodus 13:14-16
        14 “In days to come, when your son asks you, ‘What does this mean?’ say to him, ‘With a mighty hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the Lord killed the firstborn of both people and animals in Egypt. This is why I sacrifice to the Lord the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons.’ 16 And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand.”

I see the mark on the head as what you are eternally devoted to and the mark on the hand as what you do to show that constant devotion
        Yet Exodus 13:14-16 doesn't say that it is the same as the mark of the beast. God gave Israel the sign (v-16) to signify their mighty deliverance from Egypt. Are you now telling me that God's approved mark is the same as that of the beast? Secondly, there's nothing you provided that agrees that the mark of the beast is merely figurative.

Comment

Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
          The focus here is on those who take the mark, not those who didn't.
          I have already addressed this assumption that forgiveness is possible after taken the mark and shown it to be false. Please see post #254.
          FHG helped by providing passages that show that these people cursed God instead of asking for repentance.
          Please reread my post #249.

Yet Exodus 13:14-16 doesn't say that it is the same as the mark of the beast. God gave Israel the sign (v-16) to signify their mighty deliverance from Egypt. Are you now telling me that God's approved mark is the same as that of the beast? Secondly, there's nothing you provided that agrees that the mark of the beast is merely figurative.
          We are told the mark is universal and it must represent religion, otherwise God would not be so against it. I contend the mark will be both figurative and there will be a physical mark to represent it in the future. That physical mark will prevent the buying and selling. and yes, it is related to the mark in Exodus.

Exo. 31:17 "It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

Sign = Strong's H226
          אוֹת
          'ôth
          oth
          Probably from H225 (in the sense of appearing); a signal (literally or figuratively), as a flag, beacon, monument, omen, prodigy, evidence, etc.: - mark, miracle, (en-) sign, token.
          John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

No I am not saying That the mark of the beast is the same as as Gods mark I have no idea why you think that.. what I am saying is that Gos used a symbolic mark so does the beast

My point is that if a person can’t repent from taking the mark then it can’t be a literal mark because that would contradict scripture

If Paul could be forgiven for persecuting the church then someone could be forgiven for taking the mark because it is gods personality to have compassion on and forgive mankind even those who rejected and killed His son

No I am not saying That the mark of the beast is the same as as Gods mark I have no idea why you think that.. what I am saying is that Gos used a symbolic mark so does the beast

My point is that if a person can’t repent from taking the mark then it can’t be a literal mark because that would contradict scripture

If Paul could be forgiven for persecuting the church then someone could be forgiven for taking the mark because it is gods personality to have compassion on and forgive mankind even those who rejected and killed His son

Comment

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by marty fox View Post

My point is that if a person can’t repent from taking the mark then it can’t be a literal mark because that would contradict scripture. If Paul could be forgiven for persecuting the church then someone could be forgiven for taking the mark because it is gods personality to have compassion on and forgive mankind even those who rejected and killed His son
              You lost me, Marty. You deny that an infallible scriptural injunction is not exactly that and then double down and give it your own spin that is completely removed from context. How can I argue that?

Comment

Originally posted by Deade View Post
                Please reread my post #249.
                My post was in response to someone else's post, not yours [#249]. Since you directed me to it, I've read it. Your #249 post argues that "not all the unsaved will be killed and you cited Zech 14:1 & 16" in support. But I never argued that ALL the unsaved will be killed. I don't know where you got you that from? My argument is mainly that those who take the mark of the beast will not be forgiven.

Originally posted by Deade View Post
                We are told the mark is universal and it must represent religion, otherwise God would not be so against it. I contend the mark will be both figurative and there will be a physical mark to represent it in the future. That physical mark will prevent the buying and selling. and yes, it is related to the mark in Exodus.

Exo. 31:17 "It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

Sign = Strong's H226
                אוֹת
                'ôth
                oth
                Probably from H225 (in the sense of appearing); a signal (literally or figuratively), as a flag, beacon, monument, omen, prodigy, evidence, etc.: - mark, miracle, (en-) sign, token.
                1. God instituted the mark in Ex 31:17.
                2. I see no relation with what God instituted with what Satan decreed.

Comment

I will gladly concede my an error if you can provide any passage that confirms that those who have taken the mark can still be forgiven? Your rebuttal of my position is even more intriguing given that you provided scriptures showing that they had the opportunity to repent, but instead cursed the name of God. I'm wondering how one will curse God and consequently receive their due recompense and yet be forgiven?

Let's not forget that the Bible says that because of their impenitent heart, God will send them a strong delusion to believe a lie (2 Thess 2:11-12)!
                  I gave the passages which shows that they did not repent of their deeds, and for this reason they will face God's punishment.
                  What I highlighted is that your argument based on Rev 14 however is not sound.
                  You were saying there is no forgiveness based on Rev 14, when the proof is found elsewhere.

Comment

[QUOTE=Trivalee;3511418]

You lost me, Marty. You deny that an infallible scriptural injunction is not exactly that and then double down and give it your own spin that is completely removed from context. How can I argue that?
                    Let me put it this way

Romans 10:13

13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

Matthew 12:31-32

31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come

Romans 10:9
                    If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

John 3:16
                    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

1John 1:9
                    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

None of these verses say unless you take the mark of the beast

Comment

Check your position again because there's certainly a disconnect.

You misunderstood my point.

1. Your reference to "these poor children growing up knowing that mummy and daddy are doomed to their part in hell" refers to long after Jesus has returned. IOW, life during the Millennium.

I said that this was never gonna happen. I was addressing your notion of the doomed wicked having babies after Jesus comes. (Premill)

2. Yet you contradicted yourself by claiming this happens while Jesus is still in heaven until the restoration of all things.
                      Jesus remains in heaven until he leaves there to remove the wicked and restore all things. ( Amill )

act 3
                      18 But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; 20 and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,
                      21 whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

Christ will come and restore all things in righteous judgment by removing all elements of the curse since the fall of man. Peoples from the whole world will be saved and inherit what was promised.

When Jesus comes again he will say to us...,
                      Come, inherit the kingdom prepared for you since the foundation of the world.

He will say to the wicked...,

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
                      And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

He will say to the wicked...,

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
                        He doesn't say that the day of the second coming. That only comes a thousand years later when the unsaved are judged to the LOF.

The only people thrown into the LOF at the second coming is the FP and beast, not Satan and not the unsaved nor are the unsaved dead resurrected at the second coming because they resurrect only after the thousand years while the saved are resurrected before the thousand years. "the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished."
                        James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

He doesn't say that the day of the second coming.
                          Yes he does.

Matt 25
                          31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

That only comes a thousand years later when the unsaved are judged to the LOF.
                          No. Jesus says it to the sheep and goats at his second coming.

In order for the sheep to inherit the kingdom from the foundation of the world , then first all things must be restored back to Eden. That means Jesus eternally separates all things pertaining to the fall of man and the curse when he comes in his Glory to separate and gather us to himself.

And so shall we be with him forevermore with that full inheritance granted us at his glorious coming in the glory of his Father.

Comment

Yes he does.

Matt 25
                            31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
                            Yeah he sits on a throne that day but the rest happens later. Time is not addressed in this passage so we have to go to Rev 19-20 and see how much time passes between the second coming and the two days of judgment and resurrection and when the unsaved are cast into the LOF. All of it does not happen on the same day according to what Christ showed to John.

In order for the sheep to inherit the kingdom from the foundation of the world , then first all things must be restored back to Eden.
                            Back to when Adam and Eve lived in the garden with Satan and the forbidden fruit? You know there was nothing special about Eden anyways right? It was a special garden in Eden that was "special" and like I said, it was hardly a paradise since Satan was there and the forbidden fruit which doomed Adam and Eve.
                            James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Yeah he sits on a throne that day but the rest happens later.
                              No, God fixed a Day not an era. He judges and raises to glory the last fixed day according to John 6 and 12

This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

You know there was nothing special about Eden anyways right?
                              God prepared it for his new born , just like Jesus has prepared a place for us new borns.

Comment

No, God fixed a Day not an era. He judges and raises to glory the last fixed day according to John 6 and 12
                                Neither address time durations but Rev 20 does so we have to read all the passages to get the clearest picture. Reading passages separately from Rev 20 will lead to the confusion you Rae experiencing now.

This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
                                This is the last day of the current age, the day of the 7th trump.

He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.
                                This is the last day of a future age. The last day is the GWTJ before the NHNE eternal age. Every age has a last day except the eternal age.

The current age has a last day. This is when the saved dead are raised.
                                Millennial age has a last day.
                                The "little season"/GWTJ age has a last day. This is when the resurrected unsaved will be judged and punished.
                                Eternal age, no last day because it's the only age that doesn't end.

Comment

Working...
                                X