Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My coming is like Noah's day.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

    " Originally Posted by ForHisGlory: Everything doesn't fall apart when Satan is released. The world is not destroyed again. There are many who are deceived and others who flee from Satan. However it is God's final test for the mortals who live on the earth. Your question is a bit like asking why didn't God start the NHNE after Noah, or with Jesus.
    This is my take also on Satan's release. Many think the majority will side with him but I think it will be different. After seeing what Christ has wrought for the millennium compared to the 6000 years under Satan most are not going to side with the devil. Only those that love darkness rather than light. Most are likely to stand back while God destroys all the evil-doers.
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

    Comment


    • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

      Revelation 2:18-25 is written to certain people at a certain time it even names a person and Jesus is telling those people at that time to hold fast until He comes. Those people have been dead for about 1900 years so this proves that it isnít the second coming but His coming in judgement

      Comment


      • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

        Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
        Yeah it does. He leaves heaven and kills people on the Earth. The beast and false prophet are taken and cast into the LOF either by Christ himself or someone in his army. Either way, Jesus is on the Earth or just slightly in the air in Rev 19...still shows he is Earthward and not remaining in heaven.





        Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
        Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
        Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

        Jesus has to come known as the second coming before he gives anyone power over the nations to rule them with a rod of iron. Amil falsely claims the ruling is now over the nations, before the second coming, but the scriptures prove Amil wrong.



        Yeah it does. He leaves heaven and kills people on the Earth. The beast and false prophet are taken and cast into the LOF either by Christ himself or someone in his army. Either way, Jesus is on the Earth or just slightly in the air in Rev 19...still shows he is Earthward and not remaining in heaven.





        Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
        Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
        Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

        Jesus has to come known as the second coming before he gives anyone power over the nations to rule them with a rod of iron. Amil falsely claims the ruling is now over the nations, before the second coming, but the scriptures prove Amil wrong.
        Revelation 2:18-25 is written to certain people at a certain time it even names a person and Jesus is telling those people at that time to hold fast until He comes. Those people have been dead for about 1900 years so this proves that it isnít the second coming but His coming in judgement

        Comment


        • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

          Originally posted by Deade View Post
          This is my take also on Satan's release. Many think the majority will side with him but I think it will be different. After seeing what Christ has wrought for the millennium compared to the 6000 years under Satan most are not going to side with the devil. Only those that love darkness rather than light. Most are likely to stand back while God destroys all the evil-doers.
          Revelation chapter 20 disagrees with you His release I believe is because most of the church conforms just like the faithful did right before the flood

          Comment


          • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

            Originally posted by marty fox View Post
            Revelation 2:18-25 is written to certain people at a certain time it even names a person and Jesus is telling those people at that time to hold fast until He comes. Those people have been dead for about 1900 years so this proves that it isn’t the second coming but His coming in judgement
            He's talking to people who will be alive when he comes. They are the overcomers at the return. They would be those Paul said were "alive and remained" unto His coming. Again, scripture states the rod of iron rule over the nations does not begin until after the second coming. The only way to change it is to alter what Christ said to change it into something else.
            James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

            Comment


            • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

              Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
              The only way to change it is to alter what Christ said to change it into something else.
              Like something else other than all the ungodly perishing when he comes like the days of Noah.

              35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
              36 ďBut of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. 37 For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
              And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

              Comment


              • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                He's talking to people who will be alive when he comes. They are the overcomers at the return. They would be those Paul said were "alive and remained" unto His coming. Again, scripture states the rod of iron rule over the nations does not begin until after the second coming. The only way to change it is to alter what Christ said to change it into something else.
                Revelation 2:18-29
                18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

                These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

                20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

                24 Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan’s so-called deep secrets, ‘I will not impose any other burden on you, 25 except to hold on to what you have until I come.’

                26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations— 27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[b]—just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give that one the morning star. 29 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

                The above verses clearly state that Jesus is talking literal people and a literal historic church at the time of the writing of revelation to say otherwise is completely rejecting scripture. Jesus is at first pleased with them and then rebuking them for things that they have already done

                Comment


                • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                  Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
                  Like something else other than all the ungodly perishing when he comes like the days of Noah.

                  .
                  Not everyone in the world died in the flood or the story of Lot. In both, some of the ungodly died and some did not just as it will be when Christ returns.
                  James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                  Comment


                  • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                    Originally posted by marty fox View Post

                    The above verses clearly state that Jesus is talking literal people and a literal historic church at the time of the writing of revelation to say otherwise is completely rejecting scripture. Jesus is at first pleased with them and then rebuking them for things that they have already done
                    So only they witnessed the second coming and were the only overcomers along with the other overcomers in the other churches in that century? Only they were given power over the nations? Clearly that is a bad interpretation. The letters were delivered in the first century and much applied to them but it also applies to others centuries later that would be the fulfilling peoples of those letters. People who would be alive when Christ returned, who would be overcomers, and who would receive power over the nations to rule them with the returned Christ. No matter the interpretation, the rod of iron reign does not begin until Christ has returned.
                    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                    Comment


                    • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                      Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                      So only they witnessed the second coming and were the only overcomers along with the other overcomers in the other churches in that century? Only they were given power over the nations? Clearly that is a bad interpretation. The letters were delivered in the first century and much applied to them but it also applies to others centuries later that would be the fulfilling peoples of those letters. People who would be alive when Christ returned, who would be overcomers, and who would receive power over the nations to rule them with the returned Christ. No matter the interpretation, the rod of iron reign does not begin until Christ has returned.
                      My point is that it wasn’t the second coming back then but a coming in judgement

                      Comment


                      • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                        Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                        Not everyone in the world died in the flood or the story of Lot. In both, some of the ungodly died and some did not just as it will be when Christ returns.
                        Gen 6
                        13 Then God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth.

                        17 Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life, from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall perish.



                        only 8 people survived.

                        2pet 2
                        4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;
                        And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

                        Comment


                        • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                          Originally posted by marty fox View Post
                          My point is that it wasn’t the second coming back then but a coming in judgement
                          And my point is Jesus is referring to his second coming when he speaks of coming. There is no rule with a rod of iron until after he returns which disproves a main part of Amil.
                          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                          Comment


                          • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                            Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

                            only 8 people survived.
                            Where the flood was...but the flood wasn't global so not all humans died. The same is true with the sister example of Lot. Not all died in the world, only the targeted area/people died. Plus in both saved groups were ungodly people so that further disproves the idea that all ungodly were intended to be killed.
                            James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                            Comment


                            • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                              Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                              Where the flood was...but the flood wasn't global so not all humans died. The same is true with the sister example of Lot. Not all died in the world, only the targeted area/people died. Plus in both saved groups were ungodly people so that further disproves the idea that all ungodly were intended to be killed.
                              Did you read the verses Weeder provided?

                              Comment


                              • Re: My coming is like Noah's day.

                                Originally posted by marty fox View Post
                                Did you read the verses Weeder provided?
                                Yes. Did you read the verses The Beginner posted?
                                James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X