Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The subdued 3 Kings of Dan 7

Antiochus Epiphanes to power

Antiochus was a member of the Greek-speaking Seleucid dynasty and was the son and potential successor of Antiochus III the Great,[8][9][5] and as such he became a political hostage of the Roman Republic following the Treaty of Apamea in 188 BC. His older brother Seleucus IV Philopator followed his father onto the throne in 187 BC, and Antiochus was exchanged for his nephew Demetrius I Soter, the son and heir of Seleucus.

Seleucus was assassinated by the usurper Heliodorus in 175 BC, but Antiochus in turn ousted him. Seleucus' legitimate heir Demetrius I Soter was still a hostage in Rome, so Antiochus seized the throne for himself with the help of King Eumenes II of Pergamon, proclaiming himself co-regent with another son of Seleucus, an infant named Antiochus (whom he then murdered a few years later).

Antiochus Epiphanes to power

Antiochus was a member of the Greek-speaking Seleucid dynasty and was the son and potential successor of Antiochus III the Great,[8][9][5] and as such he became a political hostage of the Roman Republic following the Treaty of Apamea in 188 BC. His older brother Seleucus IV Philopator followed his father onto the throne in 187 BC, and Antiochus was exchanged for his nephew Demetrius I Soter, the son and heir of Seleucus.

Seleucus was assassinated by the usurper Heliodorus in 175 BC, but Antiochus in turn ousted him. Seleucus' legitimate heir Demetrius I Soter was still a hostage in Rome, so Antiochus seized the throne for himself with the help of King Eumenes II of Pergamon, proclaiming himself co-regent with another son of Seleucus, an infant named Antiochus (whom he then murdered a few years later).

Comment

Originally posted by marty fox View Post
      Antiochus Epiphanes ...
      He had his place in prophecy that God appointed in ages past, but that will not help us when the final generation meets our Lord.
      What we need to know is how to avoid deception and how to be so close to Jesus that we will not be moved.

Comment

Originally posted by henrychills View Post
        He had his place in prophecy that God appointed in ages past, but that will not help us when the final generation meets our Lord.
        What we need to know is how to avoid deception and how to be so close to Jesus that we will not be moved.
        I actually see him as the little horn in Daniel 7 different from the beast in revelation. One as the OT beast and the other as the NT beast as Daniel 7 was a warning to the Jews after Daniels days

I actually see him as the little horn in Daniel 7 different from the beast in revelation. One as the OT beast and the other as the NT beast as Daniel 7 was a warning to the Jews after Daniels days

Comment

And how will that man from ancient times help us on the eve of Christ's Coming?

Comment

He won’t he was in the past and is nothing to do with us today as The Book of Daniel was written to ancient Jews not us it was a warning to them not to us

We need to read the bible standing in the shoes of those it was written to

He won’t he was in the past and is nothing to do with us today as The Book of Daniel was written to ancient Jews not us it was a warning to them not to us

Comment

To add to the above post even though the book of Daniel and other books of the bible were not written to us they were written for us

To add to the above post even though the book of Daniel and other books of the bible were not written to us they were written for us

Comment

"O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

"Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end" (Daniel 12:4, 9).

Comment

1) Regarding the historical application as it relates to the Western Roman Empire:
                  The Eastern Roman Emperor Justinian elevated the Bishop of Rome to be the head of all the churches.
                  When the Arian Christian 10 Germanic tribes invaded the Western Roman Empire,
                  They all were "converted" from Arianism to Catholicism except: Visigoths, Vandals, and Ostrogoths.

"The Visigoths first embraced the gospel as a nation; they were followed by the Ostrogoths; with these the Vandals..."

Visigoth king, Gesalic was plucked up 508
                  Vandal king, Gelimer was plucked up 533
                  Ostrogoth king, Witigis was plucked up 538

2) Regarding the historical application as it relates to the Roman Church and Pope John-Paul II
                  Reagan (great orator/lion's mouth Daniel 7 - Revelation 13)
                  Bush I (Bear's feet, ibid.)
                  Clinton (brass midsection Daniel 2 [his midsection sure got him in trouble] and ibid.)

3) Regarding the historical application as it relates to the Eastern Roman Empire and America:
                  Iraq (Saddam Hussein) plucked up by George Bush II
                  Afghanistan (Osama bin ladin) Plucked up by Obama
                  Iran (yet to be named) PENDING ( To BE plucked up by President Pence)

That is my reading of Bible prophecy regarding the three horns that are prophesied to be plucked up
                  Interesting indeed. I am unable to respond as am yet to ascertain whether the American influence you made centre stage is the scriptural fulfilment of the prophecy.

Comment

Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
                    It will be three out of the ten according to verse 8.
                    So the question is what are these 10 kings.

The answer is not found in looking at barbarian tribes who are long gone and who did NOT have the AC arise amongst them. So henrychills view is clearly wrong as an historic fulfillment.
                    I'm inclined to agree that the answer is not in long gone barbarian tribes who lived BEFORE the rise of the AC. The context is clear that the three fallen kings are linked to the AC.

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                      Lion, Bear, Leopard.

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts (Lion, Bear, Leopard) they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

The three subdued cannot be part of the ten as all ten are intact until the 2nd coming.
                      Dan 7:24 As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings shall arise, and another shall arise after them; he shall be different from the former ones and shall put down three kings.

I note the following:

1. The 10 horns are associated with the end-time Antichrist, not the fallen beasts (lion, bear and leopard) cited.
                      2. The passage said that (a) 10 kings shall rise from the 10 horns. And another king different from the others shall rise after them and put down 3 kings presumably from the 10, leaving 7 standing.

Comment

What you call barbarian tribes were "Christians" when they carved up the Western Roman Empire.

In the second partial fulfillment: There are 10 Christian presidents beginning with Truman (who called fire down from heaven) and ending with Clinton.

And in the final application that focuses on the other leg, the Eastern Roman Empire, the three kings are Islamic.
                        As the Western Roman Empire fought religious kings that opposed the prevailing (papal teachings)
                        America is opposing Islamic kings and kingdoms that oppose (Protestant dogma).

There is not much that I can add to what I have already posted.
                        My reading of Scripture will be seen as true when President Pence is fighting Iran
                        or my reading of the prophecies will be proven wrong.

I would add that when my reading is confirmed,
                        there will not be too much time to unlearn the false teachings and to study the truth

So it is good that we are looking now, before it is too late to secure our oil supply and trim our lamps.
                        What about European Christian leaders?

Comment

I wish I were joking or even wrong.
                          But I have studied the evidence from Scripture for 25 years
                          so much that I am convinced that when Michael Pence is America's President, the time of Trouble will begin.

The poor church that has awaited a secret rapture will learn too late
                          that it was a lie devised by Satan to keep them killing time until it was too late to wake up and get ready.

I could start a thread that follows prophecy from the fall of Jerusalem until Christ's Advent
                          Though we do not know the day and hour,
                          we do know that when the bloom comes the fruit follows.
                          Any one that has any gardening experience knows that buds go to fruit in a sequence.
                          Fig trees bloom and it is not years later that the harvest follows.
                          Or when a woman is in labor, she does not put the delivery off for a few years when it might be more convenient.

In the natural progression of life the bud moves to the fruit and the child is born on its schedule.

I would like to have my research debunked
                          and be assured that Christ is not at the door.
                          It would be calming to be sure that we are not in the little Time of trouble that is about to morph into a mega Time of Trouble.
                          What if Mike Pence doesn't make president?

Comment

Originally posted by 6paths View Post
                            10 horns are 10 kings or kingdoms from the Roman Empire. 2 feet with 10 toes = 5 kings from the West and 5 kings from the East.
                            My guess as to the 3 who are put down:

1)Rome seems to be destroyed in Rev 17:16.

2)Antichrist takes over Israel in Daniel 11:41.

3)Antichrist takes over Egypt in Daniel 11:42-43.
                            None of the 3 takeovers you mentioned is true.

Rome is not in Rev 17:16 neither is the Antichrist anywhere in Dan 11.

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
                              I don't know how anybody can know this? It really depends on who you see the 10 horns as. I personally see the 10 horns, or 10 kings, as 10 nations in Europe. They evolve out of the 4th beast, which I believe to be Rome. Since Rome is based in Europe, I believe the 10 kings to have emerged from Europe, probably being in existence, as such, today.

Perhaps the 3 strongest, most independent, nations will comprise the 3 kings put down by Antichrist? If so, it could include the UK, which currently is resistant, as a people, to European centralization. There are other strong European powers resistant to the EU, but who knows?
                              A couple of posts are impressing on me to consider the Lion, Bear and Leopard as the fallen kings.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation Man View Post

I been reading this for years, and I just got what it means....WOW. God is moving in the last days.....OBSERVE THIS SEQUENCE.....We have been given a great riddle. The Three are not of the 10, the three are in Juxtaposition to the FOURTH BEAST

Dan. 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet; 20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

So the Fourth Beast is ROME....out of his head comes 10 Horns and the Little Horn, and BEFORE him [Fourth Beast] not the Little Horn Three Fell.

Well I see below that Ross3421 has already given that answer.....it seems obvious now, Men's Traditions do hamper our thought process.
                                1. From the 7:19, 20 and 24 we know that the Fourth beast is Rome.
                                2. A horn/king [AC] different from the 10 kings seem to be directly linked with the fall of the 3 kings. Dan 7:20 and about the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn that came up and before which three of them fell, the horn that had eyes and a mouth that spoke great things, and that seemed greater than its companions. 21 As I looked, this horn made war with the saints and prevailed over them

You alluded that the 3 kings are the Lion, Bear and Leopard, so how does this fit with the inference that the 3 kings were subdued by this horn/king whom we all agree is the AC? I mean, the Lion, Bear and Leopard kingdoms have already fallen whereas the AC is yet to come?

Comment

Working...
                                X