Daniel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel

I've read Daniel maybe 14 times ...I think I am on my 13-14th time on the full Bible. I have always been intrigued by the prophesies but for some strange reason Daniel didnt really jog my deep interest like some other Revelation stuff. I just finished it again and this time its more interesting.
    Daniel 11 is indeed describing the antichrist from a different angle. The only 2 countries I can match to the south king and the north king is Saudi
    Arabia and Iran. Nothing else fits at all to me. In looking at Sauds current leader I can see one of the wealthy leaders mentioned but its hard to say exactly which one. The antichrist seems to be following a king and is not royalty by birth. That would help him be popular with more common people. But its clear from more prophecy that he wont have the world or anything near it following him. He will only control a portion of the world.
    And I wonder if translations have erred in that they make it out that he is bigger than he really will be. A big part of the world will ignore him
    and America,China,Ammon etc will not be supporters.
    Can anyone here match up any of the kings described or the daughter with recent events?Or the many battles/threats between the North and South? Its possible we still have a ways to go before those come to pass...There might be more years left than it seems..before Christ return.
    And I'm gettin old.

Re: Daniel

What you don't seem to see, is the forthcoming huge change to the world as we know it.
    Over 100 prophesies graphically tell of a Judgment/ Punishment by fire sent by the Lord, to correct the world situation that is; once again as in the days of Noah.

This event; the great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, will enable the formation of a One World Government. This idea has been around for a long time and the ten divisions have been already decided. [google it.]
    As Daniel and Revelation 17:10-13 inform us, the OWG will soon be taken over by one powerful man, the Anti-Christ.

But we Christians will not be a part of the OWG, we will live in all of the holy Land, under the Lord's protection. That is why the AC comes to us and makes a 7 year peace treaty. He will break it at the mid point, Daniel 9:27 This commences the Great Tribulation for the final 3 1/2 years, then Jesus Returns and reigns of the next 1000 years.

BTW, I am 78, but I confidently expect to see it all happen.

Comment

Dan 11 covers ancient history from the Persian restoration of Israel around 539 BC to the Reign of Antiochus 4 in 164 BC. Antichrist is nowhere to be found in Dan 11, except that a good number of Christians believe that last part of Dan 11 is not a reference to Antiochus 4, but skips far ahead to the Antichrist. I don't think so. The only part of Daniel that deals with the Antichrist in any detail is in ch. 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Keraz View Post
        What you don't seem to see, is the forthcoming huge change to the world as we know it.
        Over 100 prophesies graphically tell of a Judgment/ Punishment by fire sent by the Lord, to correct the world situation that is; once again as in the days of Noah.
        100% agree

This event; the great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, will enable the formation of a One World Government.
        If it resembles the days of Noah as you say , then there will be no need for this, as only the righteous will survive to inhabit the renewed environment.

BTW, I am 78, but I confidently expect to see it all happen.
        It is sure to happen.....but more abruptly than you think it will.
        And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
          Dan 11 covers ancient history from the Persian restoration of Israel around 539 BC to the Reign of Antiochus 4 in 164 BC. Antichrist is nowhere to be found in Dan 11, except that a good number of Christians believe that last part of Dan 11 is not a reference to Antiochus 4, but skips far ahead to the Antichrist. I don't think so. The only part of Daniel that deals with the Antichrist in any detail is in ch. 7.
          You are correct in Daniel 11

Comment

Originally posted by az331 View Post
            I've read Daniel maybe 14 times ...I think I am on my 13-14th time on the full Bible. I have always been intrigued by the prophesies but for some strange reason Daniel didnt really jog my deep interest like some other Revelation stuff. I just finished it again and this time its more interesting.
            Daniel 11 is indeed describing the antichrist from a different angle. The only 2 countries I can match to the south king and the north king is Saudi
            Arabia and Iran. Nothing else fits at all to me. In looking at Sauds current leader I can see one of the wealthy leaders mentioned but its hard to say exactly which one. The antichrist seems to be following a king and is not royalty by birth. That would help him be popular with more common people. But its clear from more prophecy that he wont have the world or anything near it following him. He will only control a portion of the world.
            And I wonder if translations have erred in that they make it out that he is bigger than he really will be. A big part of the world will ignore him
            and America,China,Ammon etc will not be supporters.
            Can anyone here match up any of the kings described or the daughter with recent events?Or the many battles/threats between the North and South? Its possible we still have a ways to go before those come to pass...There might be more years left than it seems..before Christ return.
            And I'm gettin old.
            The book of Daniel is all in the past it was written During the Jewish exclie and it was written too and for them not to us living today

Daniel talks about past and future events that would soon happen to the Jews which history shows

D

Comment

Originally posted by marty fox View Post
              You are correct in Daniel 11
              I'm glad we persist as friends despite our differences, because clearly, we have important agreements as well!

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
                I'm glad we persist as friends despite our differences, because clearly, we have important agreements as well!
                Ditto Lol.........

Comment

Ditto Lol.........
                  Too bad I can't join your club, as there is no historical fulfilment of Daniel 11:21-45
                  Did Titus 'meet his end with no one to help him?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post
                    100% agree

If it resembles the days of Noah as you say , then there will be no need for this, as only the righteous will survive to inhabit the renewed environment.

It is sure to happen.....but more abruptly than you think it will.
                    Thanks.

This time around the reset of civilization will happen to a much bigger, worldwide population and most will survive it. Only the Middle East will be virtually depopulated.
                    It will be a seemingly natural event, so that those who are atheist's now can continue on in their disbelief of God. They will be forced to worship the Anti-Christ. Rev 13:4

The sudden and shocking Day of the Lord's fiery wrath could happen tomorrow.
                    But it will happen on an Appointed Day. Habakkuk 2:3 We are told of several Days of significance and there are other indicators.

Comment

Too bad I can't join your club, as there is no historical fulfilment of Daniel 11:21-45
                      Titus isn't anywhere in Daniel 11 so why would anyone read that about Titus?
                      Daniel 12 finishes with the end of the rule by the Seleucids over Israel and its independence, which would last about 100 years.

Comment

I don't think that Titus has anything to do with Daniel 11

Comment

Originally posted by ForHisglory View Post
                          Titus isn't anywhere in Daniel 11 so why would anyone read that about Titus?
                          Daniel 12 finishes with the end of the rule by the Seleucids over Israel and its independence, which would last about 100 years.
                          Who then; was the vile person who obtains the kingdom by flatteries? Daniel 11:21

I can see how a lot of Daniel could pertain to Antiochus 4 Epiphanes. [A4E] But most cannot and is it just another example of how what happened in the past, will be repeated in a more full and complete form. Jesus quoted Daniel as yet in His future. Matthew 24:13 Again, that was only partially fulfilled in 70 AD.

Daniel clearly states his prophesies are for the time of the end. As the world has just continued on in its godless state, the end has not come yet.

Comment

I don't think that Titus has anything to do with Daniel 11
                            Those who don't like the idea of them having to face tough times as prophesied, say that Titus was the one who set up the abomination in the Temple. Daniel 11:31
                            Josephus' account of the Roman conquest of Jerusalem, refutes that idea.
                            Paul makes it clear in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, that this desecration of the Temple will happen not long before Jesus Returns.

Comment

Those who don't like the idea of them having to face tough times as prophesied, say that Titus was the one who set up the abomination in the Temple. Daniel 11:31
                              Josephus' account of the Roman conquest of Jerusalem, refutes that idea.
                              Paul makes it clear in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, that this desecration of the Temple will happen not long before Jesus Returns.
                              I think that the one in Daniel 11 was Antiochus epehanies

I see Nero as the one in 2 these 2 and Jesus came in judgment on him

Comment

Working...
                              X