Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE END OF THE AGE!

[QUOTE=ross3421;3551385]

I do agree that it will be a short period of time however it might not be exactly 24 hours..... no one will know.

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Why do they not know, how can not even the son of God know? Father God only has the time (father time). As the instruments to tell time have vanished before this day.
    Actually, the fire sent by the Lord will just affect each part of the earth as it faces the sun. About for 12 hours. However, the earthquakes, which will be tectonic plate and pole shifts, plus the terrible storms and the massive tsunamis; will affect everywhere for some time after the initial strike.

Though darkness will cover the earth, over Jerusalem the glory of the Lord will come and the faithful peoples will journey toward your Light. Isaiah 60:1-3

Comment

What a thread! Wow! Thanks for posting. Here I am sipping my coffee again and really digging deep as to what I believe the "Last Days" are. This is why this forum rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by dailyprayerwarrior View Post
        What a thread! Wow! Thanks for posting. Here I am sipping my coffee again and really digging deep as to what I believe the "Last Days" are. This is why this forum rocks!
        The last days as peter stated in acts 2 started on the day of Pentecost

Comment

Originally posted by marty fox View Post
          The last days as peter stated in acts 2 started on the day of Pentecost
          What Peter said was fulfilled, is Joel 2:28-29.
          But obviously, from the context before and especially after those verses, it remains to be fulfilled.

There was a foretaste of this Spirit coming upon people at Pentecost in Peters time, and individuals today do experience it at times.
          After what Joel prophesies in Joel 2:1-11 & 30-31, happens, then Joel 2:18-29, will take place, as all the Lord's faithful people gather and live in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Amos 9:13-15, +

Comment

In Christ, there are three realms, each corresponding to an age:
            1. the first
            2. the last/beginning
            3. the end

Do not look at each realm as a fixed time period. Rather, look at each as a level from which we are raised to the next higher one. For example, eternal life belongs in the end where things abound/abide forever and ever in the realm of the spirit.

Certain things, events and nature specifically belong to each of the realms. The fullness of Christ is categorized from the first to the end so that the carnal man can be able to grasp His height, depth, length and breadth of His revelation.
            Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Comment

The Sleeper Awakes
              Psalms 94:1-7 God of vengeance1, show Yourself. Repay the arrogant as they deserve. Rise now and judge the earth, give to the godless their just penalty. Lord: How long will the wicked exult? Evildoers oppress Your people, Your chosen nation. They say: The Lord does not see, the God of Jacob pays no heed.

Isaiah 42:14-15 Long have I restrained Myself2, I kept silence and held Myself in check, now I am like a woman in labor, as in the throes of childbirth. I shall lay waste to the land, dry up rivers and lakes will become deserts.

Psalms 102:13 & 19-20 You will arise and have mercy on Zion, for it is time to pity her. The appointed time has come3. The Lord looks down from His sanctuary on high and surveys the earth. He hears the supplications of the exiles and will set free those threatened with annihilation.

Psalms 78:65-66 Then the Lord awoke as a sleeper awakes4, as a warrior suddenly disturbed. He struck His foes and defeated them, to their eternal shame.

Psalms 2:4-9 The Lord, enthroned in the heavens5 laughs and derides His enemies. Angrily He rebukes them and in His wrath, He devastates the nations, shattering them like a clay pot.
              Psalms 11:4-6 The Lord is on His throne in heaven5. He observes all people and judges them. He hates those who love violence. He will rain fiery coals and brimstone upon the wicked peoples6; scorching winds will be their sentence.

Psalms 50:1-5 Our God is coming and will not keep silent. A consuming fire runs ahead of Him and around Him a great storm rages6.

Psalms 18:13 The Lord thundered from the heavens5, He raised His voice amid hail and glowing coals. He hurled forth arrows of lightning6 and sped them to their mark.

Joel 1:15, 2 Peter 3:10, Malachi 4:1, Zeph. 3:8, Isaiah 13:9, Isaiah 66:15-16, Jer. 9:22; The Day is near, the Day of the Lord it comes, as a mighty destruction from the Almighty. On that unexpected Day, the sky will be dispersed with a great noise and the earth will be enveloped in flames7. All peoples will be brought to judgement and many will die.
              Ref; REB. Some verses abridged.

1/ We know God as a God of love, but also of justice and this means that He must exact a just punishment onto those who deny Him and ignore His commands. Nahum 1:2, Isaiah 1:24, Romans 1:18
              2/ The Lord has kept out of world affairs and allowed people to follow their own desires. This is our free will choice. Isaiah 64:7, Eccl. 8:5-7, Psalms 89:46, 1 Thess. 4:6-8
              3/ God has a plan and all that is prophesied will come to pass at its appointed time. Isaiah 46:10, Psalms 33:10-11
              4/ The Lord springs into action! Haggai 2:21-22, Amos 5:9, Joel 2:11, Psalms 144:5-6
              5/ This event is NOT the Return, the Lord stays in Heaven, He sends His fiery wrath. Psalm 102:19-20, Isa 60:1-3
              6/ The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, prophesied over 100 times throughout the Bible, the Day of punishment on the nations, triggered by an attack on the State of Israel. Psalms 83:1-18, Habakkuk 3:12, Isaiah 34:1-5
              7/ The only logical explanation for a worldwide fire, is a Coronal Mass Ejection sunstrike. This is confirmed by Isaiah 30:26 and Malachi 4:1. A CME of unprecedented magnitude will strike the earth, the mass of superheated hydrogen plasma will fulfil all the prophesied effects: in the sky, heat, smoke, electrical, volcanic, earthquakes and the loss of our modern infrastructure. Deut. 32:22 & 34-35, Ezekiel 21:10, Revelation 6:12-17

Comment

Originally posted by Theophileous View Post
                There's a principle in biblical interpretation called, "Audience Relevance". The Bible can only mean what it originally meant to the people to whom it was originally written. Few Bible readers or biblical teachers respect the original context of inspired scripture. God wrote what he wrote to the people to whom he intended to write. God said what he said to the people to whom he originally spoke. It is up to Bible students to discover what God originally meant to his original audience. Otherwise, you risk making God say what he never intended to say. You risk ripping God's words from the original context. You risk making God say what he never said and never intended to say.

Every text in the Bible can only mean what it originally meant.

Jesus plainly states in his Revelation that no one was to "add to" or "take away from" what he originally revealed to John. I believe that principle should be applied to all inspired scripture. Leave God's words where they belong. That is, in the context in which God originally put them!

The "age" in which those people lived in New Testament times was like no other time in history. God came down during that generation and became flesh. The things in the New Testament were said to that generation in which God came down. Peter stated to that generation that all things written before their time was prophesied to be fulfilled in THEIR time. That is, Peter's time. See 1 Peter 1:10-22.

That generation into which Jesus, Peter, and Paul were born was a generation God would transition from one age to the new age in which you and I live today. The biblical "age" in which that generation lived was the Age and Administration of Moses. They transitioned to the endless Age of Christ.

You and I live in a time that Jesus called, "the age that is to come." Before HIS generation ended that transition was completed. There is no "end of the age" in our future. That "end" came in THEIR time.

If you believe Jesus is established as Lord and King then you believe Christ's Kingdom has fully come and that the "end of the age" is passed!

Jesus, Peter, and Paul lived in a time the Bible called, the "fulness of time" (Galatians 4:4). All time BEFORE their generation looked forward to their time. All time now, following their generation, looks back at their time. That's why your calendar begins from the time of the birth of Christ. There was no time like it ever before and there never will ever be a time like it again.

The "end of the age" was the end of the Judaic economy. That ended at the desolation of the former holy people, their former holy city, and their former holy temple. You now, as believers and followers of Christ, are the holy people, living in the holy city (spiritual Jerusalem) and your body is the temple where God's presence now dwells continually. You live daily in the original and true Holy of Holies that is the corporate Body of Christ. God is ALL-IN-ALL!
                Amen, and thank you !
                Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post

So also is Hosea 6:2 to be understood by context. The context is the time of Israel's chastisement. Hosea prophesied to Jereboam, king of the ten northern Tribes who divided Israel's WORSHIP and removed it from Jerusalem. Now, the final act of the ten northern Tribes was to be deported to Assyria and never recovered till this day. The two southern Tribes were carried off to Babylon over a century later. But a small remnant (about 2.5% of them) returned. Then, about 500 years later, Judah was dispersed by the Romans and remain so today. So the TWO DAYS of chastisement of Hosea 6:2 does not fit any of the five. Nor has there been the third day in which Israel will be recovered. But there is one calculation that fits. If the starting point of the chastisement of Judah is 70 AD, or even the day Israel claimed Caesar as their king, then teh two "DAYS" of Israel's chastisement must be the Church age of 2,000 years. The third day must be the Millennium.
                  Thank you Walls, very interesting and worthy of a long slow consideration.
                  I will definitely be chewing on this particular insight that you shared.
                  Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.

Comment

Originally posted by Theophileous View Post
                    [LEFT]There's a principle in biblical interpretation called, "Audience Relevance". The Bible can only mean what it originally meant to the people to whom it was originally written. The Bible can only mean what it originally meant to the people to whom it was originally written. Few Bible readers or biblical teachers respect the original context of inspired scripture. God wrote what he wrote to the people to whom he intended to write. God said what he said to the people to whom he originally spoke. It is up to Bible students to discover what God originally meant to his original audience. Otherwise, you risk making God say what he never intended to say. You risk ripping God's words from the original context. You risk making God say what he never said and never intended to say.

Daniel 8:27 And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it.

Wonder why a passage such as the above appears to not be proving your point?

Comment

@ all of you who've posted here so far. Thank you !

I'm still quite busy chewing/pondering and experiencing the A,B,C's of the reborn Spirit in me.
                      ie: renewing of my soul's mind/being delivered, forgiveness, being testified to and of by the Holy Spirit, and the strengthening of my soul's new position with the armor that Paul describes in the book of Ephesians.
                      What I mean is I'm still digesting and experiencing the milk n bread-sop kinda stuff.
                      ....So, I don't feel prepared to venture very far into God's prophets yet, but this particular thread has really initiated a call to me to start that venture soon.

Thanks again you'all.
                      And, God bless ya.

Comment

Originally posted by dailyprayerwarrior View Post
                        This is why this forum rocks!
                        Yup !

Comment

Working...
                        X