No announcement yet.

What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

Originally posted by hobie View Post
    The Kingdom of the Antichrist is the impure woman of Revelation 17, and this is a church. Now, the power behind them is the dragon or Satan and it has been there since the start of these kingdoms/beasts.

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
    Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
    Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Now as to Antichrist power that receives the deadly would, need to look more closely at little horn beast in Daniel 7:

Daniel 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

This is also a reference to:

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Continuing to follow the trail of seven heads and ten horns in the Bible leads us also to the beast in Revelation 17, the same beast destroyed in Revelation 19:20 as we have just seen.

Revelation 17:
    3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
    4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
    5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
    6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Note the contrast of this woman with the woman found in Revelation 12. In scripture a woman commonly represents a church and the symbolic woman of Revelation 12 represents the righteous church of believers that brought forth Jesus and is described in admirable terms. Compare that with the symbolic woman described here in Revelation 17, the apostate church. Note that this church is described as the Mother of Harlots. There is only one Christian church that is self-described as the Mother church, and arose from the declining Roman Empire and persecuted the true believers. Its not hard to figure out..
    Trouble is, you have no real basis from the Scriptures in making these assertions. Sure, you're quoting the relevant passages, but they don't say what you claim they're saying.

For example, nowhere are we told in the Scriptures you quoted that the Harlot is a "Church." On the contrary, we are told that the Harlot is a "City."

Rev 17.18 The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

We are given several indications this is Rome. In Dan 7 we have the 10 horns issuing from the 4th Kingdom, commonly thought to be the Roman Empire. These same "10 horns" are seen as the Empire of Satan in the endtimes--the Empire of Antichrist.

Secondly, we are told that the "7 Kings" are also "7 Mountains." This also I take to represent the "7 hills of Rome."

Finally, we are told that the "7 kings" also represent 7 Kingdoms in history, surrounding the history of Israel. The 6th Kingdom existed in the time John wrote his Revelation, and was obviously Rome.

We also have the fact that John wrote his Revelation during the time of the Roman Empire. That seems to place his message against the future Harlot as somehow applying in his own time, in the time of the Roman Empire. Therefore, in my view the Harlot is Rome.

The prototype of the Antichrist was Antiochus 4, who was hardly a religious fellow, and certainly not a member of God's People. So the Harlot will ride upon an Antichristian Empire, which has abandoned all pretense of Christianity. There is no "Church" here.

Ancient Rome was not, originally, anything more than a pagan city. As such, that city, despite its religious history, will return, I believe, to its pagan roots.

This Harlot has always been a part of Roman history, even in its Christian history. We have seen corrupt popes, joining together with the European return to paganism in the Renaissance, and in the idolatry of sectarian ecclesiology.

By the time Antichrist arrives I believe Rome will have become married fully to humanism, prostituting itself with the pagan world. Maybe it will still call itself a "church?" Maybe it will call itself something else?

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
      Trouble is, you have no real basis from the Scriptures in making these assertions. Sure, you're quoting the relevant passages, but they don't say what you claim they're saying.

For example, nowhere are we told in the Scriptures you quoted that the Harlot is a "Church." On the contrary, we are told that the Harlot is a "City."

Rev 17.18 The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

We are given several indications this is Rome. In Dan 7 we have the 10 horns issuing from the 4th Kingdom, commonly thought to be the Roman Empire. These same "10 horns" are seen as the Empire of Satan in the endtimes--the Empire of Antichrist.

Secondly, we are told that the "7 Kings" are also "7 Mountains." This also I take to represent the "7 hills of Rome."

Finally, we are told that the "7 kings" also represent 7 Kingdoms in history, surrounding the history of Israel. The 6th Kingdom existed in the time John wrote his Revelation, and was obviously Rome.

We also have the fact that John wrote his Revelation during the time of the Roman Empire. That seems to place his message against the future Harlot as somehow applying in his own time, in the time of the Roman Empire. Therefore, in my view the Harlot is Rome.

The prototype of the Antichrist was Antiochus 4, who was hardly a religious fellow, and certainly not a member of God's People. So the Harlot will ride upon an Antichristian Empire, which has abandoned all pretense of Christianity. There is no "Church" here.

Ancient Rome was not, originally, anything more than a pagan city. As such, that city, despite its religious history, will return, I believe, to its pagan roots.

This Harlot has always been a part of Roman history, even in its Christian history. We have seen corrupt popes, joining together with the European return to paganism in the Renaissance, and in the idolatry of sectarian ecclesiology.

By the time Antichrist arrives I believe Rome will have become married fully to humanism, prostituting itself with the pagan world. Maybe it will still call itself a "church?" Maybe it will call itself something else?
      Well, take a look at the characteristics of antichrist power, and the following becomes readily apparent:
      1. It will rise to be a great power after the fall of the pagan Roman empire.
      2. It will be a geographically small entity coming out of a larger entity (little horn).
      3. It will rule over many people, nations, and tongues (it will be universal).
      4. It will be headquartered in the city of seven hills, Rome.
      5. It will be a religio-political entity — a political city-state ruled by a priest-king.
      6. Its priest-king will make great and blasphemous claims.
      7. It will claim authority over all kings.
      8. It will claim its power to change the holy times and laws of God as its mark of authority.
      9. It will be an apostate church, that makes the nations drink her cup of apostate doctrine.
      10. It will be a "mother" church, with daughters coming from her.
      11. It will be a persecuting power, killing the faithful saints of Jesus Christ as heretics.
      12. It will hold power and authority for 1260 years following the fall of pagan Rome.
      13. It will suffer a deadly wound that will end 1260 years of dominance and persecution.
      14. It will be revived after the deadly wound, and all the world will wonder at it's revival

Comment

Originally posted by hobie View Post
        Well, take a look at the characteristics of antichrist power, and the following becomes readily apparent:
        1. It will rise to be a great power after the fall of the pagan Roman empire.
        2. It will be a geographically small entity coming out of a larger entity (little horn).
        3. It will rule over many people, nations, and tongues (it will be universal).
        4. It will be headquartered in the city of seven hills, Rome.
        5. It will be a religio-political entity a political city-state ruled by a priest-king.
        6. Its priest-king will make great and blasphemous claims.
        7. It will claim authority over all kings.
        8. It will claim its power to change the holy times and laws of God as its mark of authority.
        9. It will be an apostate church, that makes the nations drink her cup of apostate doctrine.
        10. It will be a "mother" church, with daughters coming from her.
        11. It will be a persecuting power, killing the faithful saints of Jesus Christ as heretics.
        12. It will hold power and authority for 1260 years following the fall of pagan Rome.
        13. It will suffer a deadly wound that will end 1260 years of dominance and persecution.
        14. It will be revived after the deadly wound, and all the world will wonder at it's revival
        Yes, I do believe the Harlot City is associated with Rome and will somehow involve the RCC. It will certainly not involve the real Church, but only some false simile of the same, in the phony, nominal sense. The 2nd Beast will likely try to make people in Europe worship the Antichrist as a new "Messiah" figure. Perhaps Catholicism will be turned into a strictly "political" religion, in which the masses are called to support the emperor of Europe? We certainly have some agreement here.

Comment

Working...
        X