No announcement yet.

What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

Who are they and what is the significance of this prophecy to the end times? Here is the text in question...

Revelation 17 King James Version (KJV)
    "1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
    2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
    3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
    4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
    5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
    6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
    7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
    8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
    9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
    10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
    12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
    13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
    14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful."

One of the key points is "the beast that was, and is not" but comes back. Notice "the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns", it is the same beast which receives the 'deadly wound' in Revelation 13.

Revelation 13 King James Version (KJV)
    1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
    5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
    6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

So the beast in Revelation 13 is the same beast you find in Revelation 17. The big difference is there's a woman sitting on the beast in Revelation 17. The difference is now you've got a woman, and in scripture you find a woman is a symbol of a church. This church is one that is controlling the power of Rome. So what came after the Roman Empire and rose to not just having power but a religious entity, students of history know. It says these are seven mountains, and Rome is called the city of seven hills, and a religious/political power rose from the ashes of the Roman Empire. And at the time of John, this religious entity was yet to appear as it says there are seven kings - five are fallen, one is, and the other is not yet come.

These heads represent kingdoms that persecuted God's people. You've got Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece. Five that were in the past when John has this vision, all five of those powers occupied the children of Israel and persecuted them.

Now of the fallen those are all in the past, and it says five are fallen. It says one is - that was Rome at John's time, Pagan Rome ruled by the Caesars. And it says the other is not yet come, and when he is come, he must continue a short space. That's a religious/political entity, with the power of Rome ruled by the church and it says he's also the eighth. Why? You go to Revelation 13, it says he gets a deadly wound but he comes back again and goes and all the way to the end when Christ comes.

So this woman of Revelation 17 represents Babylon, the mother of harlots, false religion or apostate Christianity. Seven heads it says are seven mountains and then it says ten horns. These ten horns are the ten divisions of the Roman Empire that represent the nations of the world today. Just like in Daniel 2, where you've got the ten toes of the image after the Roman Empire, you've got the ten divisions of that Empire.

We have in verse 12, 'And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast..' Now the word kings there means kings or kingdoms, and it appears there's going to be a short time near the end of time where this beast power is going to allow these different nations to have authority as long as they direct their people and the worship back to this religious entity which comes back, but it's temporary.

As the next chapter clearly is about the fall of Babylon and these other kings of the earth are bewailing and lamenting her destruction. So for a brief period of time just before the plagues are poured out, the divisions of the Roman Empire are going to once again direct their authority back to the beast.

Revelation 18 King James Version (KJV)
    "1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
    2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
    3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
    4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
    5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
    6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
    7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
    8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
    9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,"

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

I see it thus:
    • In Daniel Chapter 2, the change of world government will be during the "FOURTH Kingdom". The FOURTH world power from Babylon is ROME.
    • In Daniel Chapter 9, the king of this fourth kingdom is a "prince of the people who destroyed the city and the sanctuary of "Daniel's People". Thus he will be a leader of ROME
    • In Revelation 13 this king comes from the "sea". In Typology and Parable, the "sea" is the Gentile nations. Thus he is a king and a GENTILE KING
    • In Revelation 13 he is once wounded to death and lives again (v.14). He must a resurrected king
    • In Revelation 13 the number of his NAME is 666.
    • In Revelation 17 the Woman whom the Beast carries is on seven hills. Only one capital of the six world powers is on seven hills - ROME
    • In Revelation 17 the Woman is drunk with the blood of Christians. Only one world power killed Christians - ROME
    • In Revelation 17 the Beast comes from the "bottomless pit" - Hades "in the heart of the earth" where the souls of dead men go after death
    • In Revelation 17 the Beast is one of five kings reigning at John's time - A CAESAR
    • In Revelation 17 the Beast is one of five dead kings of John's time but also the EIGHTH. Eight in Parable is the number of resurrection

There is only ONE PERSON that ALL of the above fit - CAESAR NERO.
    1. He is a ROMAN
    2. He is a ROMAN KING
    3. He was the worst killer of Christians. He has much of their blood on his hands
    4. He is a GENTILE KING
    5. He has died before John wrote Revelation - ONE of the FIVE CAESARS
    6. He is in Hades - the bottomless PIT
    7. His NAME, when Hebrew AND Greek numerals are applied, adds up to 666
    8. He is YET to be resurrected - the only outstanding point*

* The time of Nero's resurrection should have been at the end of the Millennium according to 1st Corinthians 15:22-25 and Revelation 20:5. But God, Who holds the power of resurrection, ALLOWS "times to be changed" concerning the Beast. In Daniel 7:25 it reads; "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time." Added to this, the PERIOD that the Beast is politically active is 7 years. And the PERIOD that he is world dictator is 3.5 years. But the TIME of his resurrection is not given. He could be out of the grave quite a few years before the last week of Daniel. Scripture is silent on this matter, but he most probably will need a few years to gain political acceptance before "confirming the Covenant" with Israel - the beginning of the last 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post
      I see it thus:

[...]

[...]
      I have one question for you Walls, how do you get 666 from this name?
      "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
      a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
      rightly dividing the word of truth."
      2 Tim. 2:15

Comment

I see it thus:
        • In Daniel Chapter 2, the change of world government will be during the "FOURTH Kingdom". The FOURTH world power from Babylon is ROME.
        • In Daniel Chapter 9, the king of this fourth kingdom is a "prince of the people who destroyed the city and the sanctuary of "Daniel's People". Thus he will be a leader of ROME
        • In Revelation 13 this king comes from the "sea". In Typology and Parable, the "sea" is the Gentile nations. Thus he is a king and a GENTILE KING
        • In Revelation 13 he is once wounded to death and lives again (v.14). He must a resurrected king
        • In Revelation 17 the Woman whom the Beast carries is on seven hills. Only one capital of the six world powers is on seven hills - ROME
        • In Revelation 17 the Woman is drunk with the blood of Christians. Only one world power killed Christians - ROME
        • In Revelation 17 the Beast comes from the "bottomless pit" - Hades "in the heart of the earth" where the souls of dead men go after death
        • In Revelation 17 the Beast is one of five kings reigning at John's time - A CAESAR
        • In Revelation 17 the Beast is one of five dead kings of John's time but also the EIGHTH. Eight in Parable is the number of resurrection

1. He is a ROMAN
        2. He is a ROMAN KING
        3. He was the worst killer of Christians. He has much of their blood on his hands
        4. He is a GENTILE KING

* The time of Nero's resurrection should have been at the end of the Millennium according to 1st Corinthians 15:22-25 and Revelation 20:5. But God, Who holds the power of resurrection, ALLOWS "times to be changed" concerning the Beast. In Daniel 7:25 it reads; "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time." Added to this, the PERIOD that the Beast is politically active is 7 years. And the PERIOD that he is world dictator is 3.5 years. But the TIME of his resurrection is not given. He could be out of the grave quite a few years before the last week of Daniel. Scripture is silent on this matter, but he most probably will need a few years to gain political acceptance before "confirming the Covenant" with Israel - the beginning of the last 7 years.
        That does not go down the timeline to the destruction of what obviously is the kingdoms that the prophecy relates to. Here is from my friend Amo which makes it much more clear.."Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The seven kings are the seven beasts of biblical prophecy. Kings, mountains, and beasts are used interchangeably in the above verses. The book of Daniel identifies kings and or kingdoms with prophetic beasts. Mountains also may prophetically represent kingdoms. Mount Zion is the kingdom of God. Satan was kicked out of the holy mountain of God, God's kingdom(Eze 28). The seven kings, beasts, and mountains are his counterfeit kingdoms of this world in rebellion against God.

The prophecy is given from the time of the sixth beast, kingdom, or mountain, for five have fallen when given. The beast that was, is not, and yet is, is the seventh beast of biblical prophecy foretold in Rev 13, as the resurrected beast who received a deadly wound which heals. It is the seventh and final beast of biblical prophecy which is the resurrected Holy Roman Empire on a global scale."

It is said to be an eighth and one of the seven because it looked like it had gotten a deadly wound when Napoleon sent his general to take away its temporal and religious power and would cause it to cease. But this political/religious entity has come back and became a literal nation state of this world and is therefore now uniquely qualified to be one of the seven, the fifth beast resurrected, and at the same time a new literal nation state of this world. The Church of Rome alone can fill this unique position.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonijah View Post
          I have one question for you Walls, how do you get 666 from this name?
          It is a well known calculation using gematria, but I will also admit that this is contested. You must decide if that is the decisive argument. I propose it as one of many and even if it is called into doubt, the other arguments stand. Click/hover on the thumb below.

Beast Name.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hobie View Post
            That does not go down the timeline to the destruction of what obviously is the kingdoms that the prophecy relates to. Here is from my friend Amo which makes it much more clear.."Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The seven kings are the seven beasts of biblical prophecy. Kings, mountains, and beasts are used interchangeably in the above verses. The book of Daniel identifies kings and or kingdoms with prophetic beasts. Mountains also may prophetically represent kingdoms. Mount Zion is the kingdom of God. Satan was kicked out of the holy mountain of God, God's kingdom(Eze 28). The seven kings, beasts, and mountains are his counterfeit kingdoms of this world in rebellion against God.

The prophecy is given from the time of the sixth beast, kingdom, or mountain, for five have fallen when given. The beast that was, is not, and yet is, is the seventh beast of biblical prophecy foretold in Rev 13, as the resurrected beast who received a deadly wound which heals. It is the seventh and final beast of biblical prophecy which is the resurrected Holy Roman Empire on a global scale."

It is said to be an eighth and one of the seven because it looked like it had gotten a deadly wound when Napoleon sent his general to take away its temporal and religious power and would cause it to cease. But this political/religious entity has come back and became a literal nation state of this world and is therefore now uniquely qualified to be one of the seven, the fifth beast resurrected, and at the same time a new literal nation state of this world. The Church of Rome alone can fill this unique position.
            OK. Your understanding is noted. I built my argument using direct and plain statements from scripture. You should be able to dismantle them if they do not say what they say. That is the beauty of the Forum. Each may give is understanding and the rest may judge.

Go well bro.

Comment

OK. Your understanding is noted. I built my argument using direct and plain statements from scripture. You should be able to dismantle them if they do not say what they say. That is the beauty of the Forum. Each may give is understanding and the rest may judge.

Go well bro.
              Take a look at what had to happen, and who the seventh king and kingdom is, it must satisfy the following requirements:
              The timeline – It must appear on earth sometime after the sixth kingdom (Rome), and yet sometime before the eighth kingdom (the last before Christ coming).
              Activity – Like all of the other kingdoms on this list, it must dominate and persecute God’s people (either Israel, or spiritual Israel which are those grafted in, Christians).
              Type – It must be arguably describable as a religious kingdom as it says blasphemy or that it has the power and authority of God, promoting idolatry among other evil intents.
              Significance – As with the other kingdoms, it should alter the course of history in a manner that fulfills Biblical prophecy, in terms of the people and nations of the world.

So if you look closely, there is only one power in all history that meets the description given here. In other words, God closes every other option, and forces us to the only possible conclusion: the Catholic Church alone fulfills all the points of identity established.

From the Roman Empire to our time there has only been

Comment

Who are they and what is the significance of this prophecy to the end times? Here is the text in question...
                Good question.

One of the key points is "the beast that was, and is not" but comes back. Notice "the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns", it is the same beast which receives the 'deadly wound' in Revelation 13.
                This is not correct brother, the Beasts are DIFFERENT in Rev. 12, 13 and 17. KEY POINT: The Crowns delineate who Each Beast is.

Rev. 12 is speaking about Satan, thus the Crowns are on the 7 HEADS. As Satan is over the whole world, as he pointed out to Jesus in Luke 4, all these Kingdoms are his.

Rev. 13 is speaking about the Little Horn/Anti-Christ, the Crowns are on the 10 Horns/Kings who give their power freely unto the Beast.

Rev. 17 is speaking about Apollyon, the King of the bottomless pit. He has NO CROWNS as the Scarlet Colored Beast in Rev. 17 shows us. He was.....placed over the Mediterranean Sea Region by Satan {see Ephesians 6:12, we fight not against Flesh and blood....}. Israel called him the Destroyer. He IS NOT.....He is now in the Bottomless Pit, God placed him there during the Church Age period, the gates of hell can not overcome the Church, the Beast Systems suffered a Mortal Wound via the Church, there was no Israel according to God, He saw them as Dead Men's Bones for nigh 2000 years until 1948. He YET IS...Apollyon will be released at the FIRST WOE. He will kill the Two-witnesses.

The 8th King has to be a Demon because he is OF THE SEVEN !! In Daniel 10 he was called the prince of Persia who RESISTED Micheal, {he was OF THE 7 Remember} thus he was a principality in high places. There is no 8th Kingdom, on 7, he is called an 8th King because he is the King of the bottomless pit, but the Seven Headed Beast of Rev. 17 has NO CROWNS because his Kingdom is not on earth per se, but in the bottomless pit.

So the beast in Revelation 13 is the same beast you find in Revelation 17. The big difference is there's a woman sitting on the beast in Revelation 17. The difference is now you've got a woman, and in scripture you find a woman is a symbol of a church. This church is one that is controlling the power of Rome. So what came after the Roman Empire and rose to not just having power but a religious entity, students of history know. It says these are seven mountains, and Rome is called the city of seven hills, and a religious/political power rose from the ashes of the Roman Empire. And at the time of John, this religious entity was yet to appear as it says there are seven kings - five are fallen, one is, and the other is not yet come.
                This Harlot Woman = All False Religion of ALL TIME thus she is Judged here by God, verse 1 says so. She is KILLED OFF by the 10 Kings who hate her. You guys suppose that the RCC works with Satan/Anti-Christ but he kills her off. A few things don't add up here. Firstly, if the Pope and the RCC are still on earth after the Rapture he will have NO CRED at all. Secondly, if hes in league with them why do they kill the RCC off ? They don't, the Harlot = All False Religion, and the reason they are Killed off is obvious, the Anti-Christ desired to be Worshiped as the ONLY GOD, thus there is no place for Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc. etc ALL OTHER RELIGIONS. The False Religion Harlot has always RIDDEN the False Government Beasts back, False Religion and Babylon go hand in hand. Everything you are adding up has been taught for eons by MEN....Its Men's Traditions I discounted long ago. Satan can appear as an Angel of light, we must never forget that.

Below, you get the 7 Powers basically correct, yet here you allure to the 7 Hills of Rome, of course a Misnomer Satan has hoodwinked people into buying, because hes a sneaky sneak thief. The 7 Powers are in deed Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and the coming Anti-Christ/Beast. So how can the 7 Powers mentioned be 7 Hills in ONE PLACE ? Answer, it can't brother. It was never about a place with 7 Hills. I will explain the 7 Mountains and 7 Kings who FALL later on.

Now of the fallen those are all in the past, and it says five are fallen. It says one is - that was Rome at John's time, Pagan Rome ruled by the Caesars. And it says the other is not yet come, and when he is come, he must continue a short space. That's a religious/political entity, with the power of Rome ruled by the church and it says he's also the eighth. Why? You go to Revelation 13, it says he gets a deadly wound but he comes back again and goes and all the way to the end when Christ comes.

So this woman of Revelation 17 represents Babylon, the mother of harlots, false religion or apostate Christianity. Seven heads it says are seven mountains and then it says ten horns. These ten horns are the ten divisions of the Roman Empire that represent the nations of the world today. Just like in Daniel 2, where you've got the ten toes of the image after the Roman Empire, you've got the ten divisions of that Empire.
                You seemingly conflate the Beasts that WAS...IS NOT...YET IS, with the Beast that has NOT YET COME. They are two different Entities, like I point out above, one is the Beast of Rev. 13 and the other is the Beast of Rev. 17. These two verses below are not about the same entity.

Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

In verse 10, we see the Human Beasts who AROSE like Mountains above the plains, and we see the KINGS THAT FALL {lose Dominion}, 5 had Fallen, Rome was a Beast at Johns time AND one was not yet come {of course} because he is the coming prince {Dan 9:27} Anti-Christ. He does not arise from the Bottomless pit, verse 11 is Apollyon, the Scarlet Colored Beast who has NO CROWNS !! He was placed as a Demonic Power by Satan over the Mediterranean Sea Region, he was then placed in the Pit by God, and will be freed at the 1st Woe. He was this of the SIX......he will be of the Anti-Christ later on AND he is an 8th King, that is being spoken of in that he is a King of the Bottomless Pit.

The Deadly Wound is about the Metaphoric Beast with 7 Heads. It was around since Egypt, they Beasted over the Mediterranean Sea Region and the Hebrews were slaves unto them, next Assyria Beasted over the Region and took the 10 tribes away. Then of course we had Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome as the Beasts of Daniel, they all Beasted over the whole Mediterranean Sea Region AND Israel. So why was the Ottoman Empire, the Brits etc. etc. not Beasts ? There are two reasons, 1.) Because the Bible is about Israel, and Israel was as Dead Men's Bones unto God so there can be no Beast if there is no Israel to Beast over in that God is Referencing Israel via the bible. 2.) The Church DELIVERED the Mortal Wound to the Beast, the gates of hell could not prevail against the Church, we turned the Roman Beast from Beast into a Conveyor Belt of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, thus the Mortal Wound !! There can be NO BEAST until Israel is back in the land AND the Church has been Raptured. Israel returned in 1948, the Church will be Raptured soon. Amen. THEN........and only then can the Beast be HEALED by Conquering Israel and THE MANY of Daniel 8:25, 9:27 and 11:40-43. THE MANY = Many Nations in the Mediterranean Sea Region, all of North Africa and all of the Region EXCEPT South and Central Jordan, just like Daniel 11:40-43 describes. When the Anti-Christ Conquers Israel and the MANY in the Mediterranean Sea Region only then does he become the BEAST just like the other beasts he will be over the WHOLE REGION.

The number 10 = completeness, so it can mean 10 or it can mean the complete or whole world is ruled by this Man. The whole reason we get the 7 Mountains/Kingdoms who Arise and the 7 Kings who FALL is to delineate the last Kings special name of THE BEAST all by himself, the other Beats were Kingdoms, men who AROSE then passed their Kingdoms on. So God REDUCES the Kingdoms/Mountains to Kings who have FALLEN for one reason, to show that the LAST BEAST is a mere MAN {666}. He never passes his Kingdom on, he is CAST STRAIGHT INTO HELL {Dan. 7:11 and Rev. 19:20}. Thus he alone is the Last Beast !! He is the ONLY Beast who both ARISES and FALLS as the Beast, thus we know what to look for in this Last Beast, we are to look for a MAN....we are to warn those who will be here that he will be a MAN who RULES for 42 Months or a SHORT TIME. Just like Rev. 17:10 says.

The Woman is indeed All False Religion, the biggest part of her is Islam, but all the False gods of Babylon are also whom she is. She is Witchcraft, she is all Idols she is ALL FALSE RELIGION of All Time. Thus she has the blood of the Saints of old AND the Martyrs of Jesus on her hands. She is not Babylon, that is just one of her Four Descriptors, MYSTERY, {COMMA} Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots {Semiramis} and Abominations of ALL the Earth. False Religion is described here, its born in Babylon by Semiramis and Nimrod, it is/was a Mystery in that it went underground after Shem killed Nimrod, and of course God being a jealous God sees it as an ABOMINATION to serve other Gods !! She is thus ALL FALSE RELIGION. We can see in Dan. chapter 5 what happens to her, a lot of Rev. 17 is taken from that chapter IMHO. Babylon's King profanes God's Holy Chalices and then we get MENE, MENE, TEKEL, you Kingdom has been taken from you !! Babylon Falls. The World Falls, Satan's Dark Kingdom Falls.

We have in verse 12, 'And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast..' Now the word kings there means kings or kingdoms, and it appears there's going to be a short time near the end of time where this beast power is going to allow these different nations to have authority as long as they direct their people and the worship back to this religious entity which comes back, but it's temporary.

As the next chapter clearly is about the fall of Babylon and these other kings of the earth are bewailing and lamenting her destruction. So for a brief period of time just before the plagues are poured out, the divisions of the Roman Empire are going to once again direct their authority back to the beast.
                The Kings rule with the Last Beast for 42 Months. In Rev. 18 we see Babylon {Whole World} is judged in ONE HOUR which as we see in Rev. 17 = 42 Months. She is judged in ONE DAY = the Day of the Lord {42 Months}. Babylon = the Whole World being Judged in their state of confusion, or else they wouldn't battle against the God who Crested them.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation Man View Post
                  Good question.

This is not correct brother, the Beasts are DIFFERENT in Rev. 12, 13 and 17. KEY POINT: The Crowns delineate who Each Beast is.

Rev. 12 is speaking about Satan, thus the Crowns are on the 7 HEADS. As Satan is over the whole world, as he pointed out to Jesus in Luke 4, all these Kingdoms are his.

Rev. 13 is speaking about the Little Horn/Anti-Christ, the Crowns are on the 10 Horns/Kings who give their power freely unto the Beast.

Rev. 17 is speaking about Apollyon, the King of the bottomless pit. He has NO CROWNS as the Scarlet Colored Beast in Rev. 17 shows us. He was.....placed over the Mediterranean Sea Region by Satan {see Ephesians 6:12, we fight not against Flesh and blood....}. Israel called him the Destroyer. He IS NOT.....He is now in the Bottomless Pit, God placed him there during the Church Age period, the gates of hell can not overcome the Church, the Beast Systems suffered a Mortal Wound via the Church, there was no Israel according to God, He saw them as Dead Men's Bones for nigh 2000 years until 1948. He YET IS...Apollyon will be released at the FIRST WOE. He will kill the Two-witnesses.

The 8th King has to be a Demon because he is OF THE SEVEN !! In Daniel 10 he was called the prince of Persia who RESISTED Micheal, {he was OF THE 7 Remember} thus he was a principality in high places. There is no 8th Kingdom, on 7, he is called an 8th King because he is the King of the bottomless pit, but the Seven Headed Beast of Rev. 17 has NO CROWNS because his Kingdom is not on earth per se, but in the bottomless pit.

This Harlot Woman = All False Religion of ALL TIME thus she is Judged here by God, verse 1 says so. She is KILLED OFF by the 10 Kings who hate her. You guys suppose that the RCC works with Satan/Anti-Christ but he kills her off. A few things don't add up here. Firstly, if the Pope and the RCC are still on earth after the Rapture he will have NO CRED at all. Secondly, if hes in league with them why do they kill the RCC off ? They don't, the Harlot = All False Religion, and the reason they are Killed off is obvious, the Anti-Christ desired to be Worshiped as the ONLY GOD, thus there is no place for Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc. etc ALL OTHER RELIGIONS. The False Religion Harlot has always RIDDEN the False Government Beasts back, False Religion and Babylon go hand in hand. Everything you are adding up has been taught for eons by MEN....Its Men's Traditions I discounted long ago. Satan can appear as an Angel of light, we must never forget that.

Below, you get the 7 Powers basically correct, yet here you allure to the 7 Hills of Rome, of course a Misnomer Satan has hoodwinked people into buying, because hes a sneaky sneak thief. The 7 Powers are in deed Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and the coming Anti-Christ/Beast. So how can the 7 Powers mentioned be 7 Hills in ONE PLACE ? Answer, it can't brother. It was never about a place with 7 Hills. I will explain the 7 Mountains and 7 Kings who FALL later on.

You seemingly conflate the Beasts that WAS...IS NOT...YET IS, with the Beast that has NOT YET COME. They are two different Entities, like I point out above, one is the Beast of Rev. 13 and the other is the Beast of Rev. 17. These two verses below are not about the same entity.

Rev. 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

In verse 10, we see the Human Beasts who AROSE like Mountains above the plains, and we see the KINGS THAT FALL {lose Dominion}, 5 had Fallen, Rome was a Beast at Johns time AND one was not yet come {of course} because he is the coming prince {Dan 9:27} Anti-Christ. He does not arise from the Bottomless pit, verse 11 is Apollyon, the Scarlet Colored Beast who has NO CROWNS !! He was placed as a Demonic Power by Satan over the Mediterranean Sea Region, he was then placed in the Pit by God, and will be freed at the 1st Woe. He was this of the SIX......he will be of the Anti-Christ later on AND he is an 8th King, that is being spoken of in that he is a King of the Bottomless Pit.

The Deadly Wound is about the Metaphoric Beast with 7 Heads. It was around since Egypt, they Beasted over the Mediterranean Sea Region and the Hebrews were slaves unto them, next Assyria Beasted over the Region and took the 10 tribes away. Then of course we had Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome as the Beasts of Daniel, they all Beasted over the whole Mediterranean Sea Region AND Israel. So why was the Ottoman Empire, the Brits etc. etc. not Beasts ? There are two reasons, 1.) Because the Bible is about Israel, and Israel was as Dead Men's Bones unto God so there can be no Beast if there is no Israel to Beast over in that God is Referencing Israel via the bible. 2.) The Church DELIVERED the Mortal Wound to the Beast, the gates of hell could not prevail against the Church, we turned the Roman Beast from Beast into a Conveyor Belt of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, thus the Mortal Wound !! There can be NO BEAST until Israel is back in the land AND the Church has been Raptured. Israel returned in 1948, the Church will be Raptured soon. Amen. THEN........and only then can the Beast be HEALED by Conquering Israel and THE MANY of Daniel 8:25, 9:27 and 11:40-43. THE MANY = Many Nations in the Mediterranean Sea Region, all of North Africa and all of the Region EXCEPT South and Central Jordan, just like Daniel 11:40-43 describes. When the Anti-Christ Conquers Israel and the MANY in the Mediterranean Sea Region only then does he become the BEAST just like the other beasts he will be over the WHOLE REGION.

The number 10 = completeness, so it can mean 10 or it can mean the complete or whole world is ruled by this Man. The whole reason we get the 7 Mountains/Kingdoms who Arise and the 7 Kings who FALL is to delineate the last Kings special name of THE BEAST all by himself, the other Beats were Kingdoms, men who AROSE then passed their Kingdoms on. So God REDUCES the Kingdoms/Mountains to Kings who have FALLEN for one reason, to show that the LAST BEAST is a mere MAN {666}. He never passes his Kingdom on, he is CAST STRAIGHT INTO HELL {Dan. 7:11 and Rev. 19:20}. Thus he alone is the Last Beast !! He is the ONLY Beast who both ARISES and FALLS as the Beast, thus we know what to look for in this Last Beast, we are to look for a MAN....we are to warn those who will be here that he will be a MAN who RULES for 42 Months or a SHORT TIME. Just like Rev. 17:10 says.

The Woman is indeed All False Religion, the biggest part of her is Islam, but all the False gods of Babylon are also whom she is. She is Witchcraft, she is all Idols she is ALL FALSE RELIGION of All Time. Thus she has the blood of the Saints of old AND the Martyrs of Jesus on her hands. She is not Babylon, that is just one of her Four Descriptors, MYSTERY, {COMMA} Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots {Semiramis} and Abominations of ALL the Earth. False Religion is described here, its born in Babylon by Semiramis and Nimrod, it is/was a Mystery in that it went underground after Shem killed Nimrod, and of course God being a jealous God sees it as an ABOMINATION to serve other Gods !! She is thus ALL FALSE RELIGION. We can see in Dan. chapter 5 what happens to her, a lot of Rev. 17 is taken from that chapter IMHO. Babylon's King profanes God's Holy Chalices and then we get MENE, MENE, TEKEL, you Kingdom has been taken from you !! Babylon Falls. The World Falls, Satan's Dark Kingdom Falls.

The Kings rule with the Last Beast for 42 Months. In Rev. 18 we see Babylon {Whole World} is judged in ONE HOUR which as we see in Rev. 17 = 42 Months. She is judged in ONE DAY = the Day of the Lord {42 Months}. Babylon = the Whole World being Judged in their state of confusion, or else they wouldn't battle against the God who Crested them.
                  Look carefully, Revelation 17 describes and gives us a glimpse of what Babylon will be like. Using prophetic language, it describes a woman who rejects God with her whole being:

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Revelation 17:4-5).

The woman that rides the Beast has all the identifying features of who is this entity. In the Bible, a woman represents a church:

"I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman" (Jeremiah 6:2).

Isaiah the prophet extends the symbol of a woman to that of a bride. The pure bride represents the pure Church:

"For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee" (Isaiah 62:5).

Hosea describes the union of God and His people:

"And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies" (Hosea 2:19).

The same symbolism is employed in the New Testament:

"...for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:2)

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish" (Ephesians 5:25-27).

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready" (Revelation 19:7).

This beautiful picture of Christ and His Bride, the Church, is marred by the image of a church, “With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication , and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication ” (Revelation 17:2).

There is the only one church on earth that fulfills these identifiers of the woman called Babylon in Revelation 17. The description of Babylon given in the book of Revelation clearly identifies Babylon as this antichrist power that persecuted the true believers and has let corruption in and has reached across the world. Because of this church's deviations from the Bible, the Protestants of the Reformation and after, referred to the church with a mere man who claims the power of God on earth, as spiritual Babylon.

Comment

Look carefully, Revelation 17 describes and gives us a glimpse of what Babylon will be like. Using prophetic language, it describes a woman who rejects God with her whole being:

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Revelation 17:4-5).

The woman that rides the Beast has all the identifying features of who is this entity. In the Bible, a woman represents a church:
                    Hobie,

The false marriage of Rev 17.

Yes what we see in Rev 17 is a marriage between a woman and a husband. Look how this woman in Rev 17 resembles another woman dressed with gold, precious stones and pearls!!!.

Rev 21
                    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21
                    18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

Rev 21
                    19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones.

Rev21
                    21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls:

Now we can go into further detail on both woman on a high mountain, both dressed in purple and scarlet linens (from the worshippers) both having a king dressed in scarlet (Christ in red vesture rev 19) both having names written in foreheads.....on and on.

So can it be possible that the woman in Rev 12 is the same woman in Rev 17 but commits fornication and marries the wrong spouse. In God's jealousy she too is burned with fire but made anew and in Rev 21 we then see the proper union? If they are not the same woman (though I think they are) the one in Rev 17 is an exact replication. Note the woman in Rev 17 is NOT a false religion, Islam or betraying any other than woman than a heavenly woman whom the beast is using (abusing) to deceive the world. So this union between woman and beast (false lamb) in Rev 17 will appear as the real marriage of the lamb.

Comment

So the beast in Revelation 13 is the same beast you find in Revelation 17. The big difference is there's a woman sitting on the beast in Revelation 17. The difference is now you've got a woman, and in scripture you find a woman is a symbol of a church. This church is one that is controlling the power of Rome. So what came after the Roman Empire and rose to not just having power but a religious entity, students of history know. It says these are seven mountains, and Rome is called the city of seven hills, and a religious/political power rose from the ashes of the Roman Empire.
                      Now my previous reply debunked the notion that the beast/woman has anything to do with Rome. Again Rev 17 is a marriage union between a false lamb and a woman. In rev 17 is clearly defines this woman as a city not a church and scripture describes Jerusalem as a woman and a woman who commits formication no less. Why would the beast formicate/marry Rome if he is trying to pawn off that he is God? Does not God espouse Jerusalem? Of course!!! So understand the depth of the deception taking place.

These heads represent kingdoms that persecuted God's people. You've got Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece. Five that were in the past when John has this vision, all five of those powers occupied the children of Israel and persecuted them.
                      The seven heads represent the beast's kings of his government. We see these seven in heaven, how can the above countries be anytime in heaven? Understanding God also has seven kings in his government is the clue to these opposing seven heads of the beast. For we see God has seven angels who are leaders of seven churches. So if the beast is claiming to be like God then would ne not set up his government likewise? Of course. So the seven heads/mountains represents seven churches or those which follow the beast comprising his church which he is the eighth head.

Satan's seven heads/mountains and seven kings = (counterfeit) God's seven churches and seven angels.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
                      10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Here are the seven heads.

Lion = Head 1
                      Bear = Head 2
                      Leopard Heads 3,4,5,6
                      Beast = head 7
                      Little horn = Head 8

So the little horn is the eighth head he is the healed head. He is the one which was (in heaven), and was not (bottomless pit), yet is (up from pit). He is the dragon who had a deadly wound in battle in heaven (rev 12) which struck him to the ground (pit) the arose Rev 17. Hence the dragon up from the pit unites with the 7th head (king) on earth to make the eighth king which takes over the kingdom.

So in Rev 13 as you state John sees this same beast with the lion, bear, leopard all rising together with him. The fourth beast takes control over the other beasts and thus we see the other beasts lion, bear, leopard subdued and power taken away by this fourth beast. So In rev 17 John describes this power succession ultimately leading to what we see in rev 17 culminating with the eighth head and Union with this woman.

The seven heads are NOT some past countries empires rather are part of Satan's kingdom which will befall the earth al in a single time event. It will be literally hell on earth!!!!

These ten horns are the ten divisions of the Roman Empire that represent the nations of the world today

Continuing with the counterfeit and Rome would have nothing to do with the beast deceiving the world rather correctly utilizing Jerusalem (note he would not be a very good imposter using Rome). The ten horns need to represent something Jewish, something which symbolizes in God's kingdom. And of course we have ten tribes of Israel. Interestingly the beast rev 17 which is the same as the second beast of Rev 13 has two horns.....so the eight head has two horns and we see another 10 horns a total of 12 representing that this beast has control not only over the church but Israel. Note the proper division of the 12 into 2 for the beast whom is claiming to be the king of kings the lamb from the tribe of Judah and the 10 representing the other tribes. Note the 10 horns do give power to the beast with the other 2 horns to unite as a kingdom as would also be the case in God's kingdom with the northern and southern kingdoms uniting. Now these 12 horns represent Israel not anything to do with Rome.

So again if one claims to be God he better come from and set up his kingdom in Israel not Rome if he wants to deceive the world as king of kings. This will be a strong delusion.

Comment

I see it thus:

1. He is a ROMAN
                        2. He is a ROMAN KING
                        4. He is a GENTILE KING

It is a well known calculation using gematria, but I will also admit that this is contested. You must decide if that is the decisive argument. I propose it as one of many and even if it is called into doubt, the other arguments stand. Click/hover on the thumb below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13780[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks for this, of course I disagree and I will show you why, Caesar Nero comes from the fourth kingdom (of the image of Nebuchadnezzar) while the beast person is not, he comes up in not from the fourth kingdom in the end of the age. Also Caesar Nero was a Roman, the beast is not, just see what Scripture says of it.

First lets establish where the beast-kingdom is. Dan. 7:7 says "it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it". The word translated "before" occurs for the first time in Gen. 2:8 and is there translated "eastward", "the east". See also Gen. 3:24 "the east", 10:30 "the east", 11:2 "the east", 13:11 "east" and 25:6". Therefore all 4 will exist in some form simultaneously, eastward of it. Since Scripture is mostly Israel centered what was before, or in front of, the Israelite was to the east. The temple was orientated to the east, see Exo. 27:13, see also Num. 2. Also from Eze. 47:1 "...for the front of the house faced toward the east".

Second, the beast-man or antichrist will come up as a despised one, who was given no royal dignity, he will come in silence and will get the kingdom through flattery, Dan. 11:2. That kingdom is not yet the dominion over the fourth animal, because the Beast does not come from the fourth kingdom, but in it.

The "Little horn" - who is the beast or antichrist - makes himself great against the east, so doesn't come from an eastern kingdom, he also does so to the south, so doesn't come from a southern kingdom so he can come from the west the direction of Greece or from the north, the present Turkish kingdom. So it is not Caesar Nero for sure, for he never got the kingdom through flattery and never plucked out three other kings to get a hold of the fourth kingdom. This never happened with Nero, he became Caesar of the Roman empire at once.

So the fourth beast of the Revelation isn't the fourth of Nebuchadnezzar's dream which was the Roman empire, the feet of iron and clay are the fifth, yet in the future to arise kingdom. So in the future we see the following occur in the world around Israel:
                        1. The first animal is a lion: a future Babylonian kingdom.
                        2. The second animal is a bear: a future Medo-Persian kingdom.
                        3. The third animal is a leopard: a future Greek kingdom.
                        4. The fourth animal is unnamed: That will probably be a Pan-European monster kingdom in which all the so called Christian States of Europe are united, not just Western Europe.

Please note that Daniel says the image will be grinded, not just the feet: Dan. 2:45 "Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold"
                        1. st Kingdom: The Babylonian kingdom revives and has one head.
                        2. nd Kingdom: The Medo-Persian kingdom revives and has one head.
                        3. rd Kingdom: The Greek-Madeconian kingdom revives and has 4 heads. Egypt, Syria, Greece and a kingdom in small Asia, of which present-day Turkey is possible the beginning.
                        4. th Kingdom: The Roman Empire revives and has one head.
                        5. th The Ten-Toe-Kingdom has 10 horns. Together 7 heads and 10 horns.

Of course these kingdoms don't revive to the exact size and composition of the old ones, but they will revive.

Of the beast-man it is said in Rev. 17, he had a deadly wound, it never says he was truly dead, does it? It also nowhere says he will be dead for 2000 or more years and then be resurrected, by whom? Satan? All Satan can do is destroy, he can not even resurrect a dead cockroach. We know from our Lord the resurrection will be at the end of the current age and only those who believe in the Lord will rise John 11:25, the beast doesn't believe in the Lord, he is His enemy, Gen. 3:15.

Then the name/number of the beast will be "666", it nowhere in Scripture says, the title and name of the beast are "666" and your using "kaiser nero" which therefore isn't correct. Rev. 13:18 says "...for it is the number of a man...", so a name, not a title. If this were so, those living in those days would have to wait for him to get a certain position and then calculate his number.

Then you say "He was the worst killer of Christians. He has much of their blood on his hands". How much blood is that? According to human history the Christians in Rome were "at the time a fairly small sect." * The history by the Roman Catholic church made much more christian victims, just think about the inquisition, you can read about it here **, that's why many believed the RC was the antichrist.

* Source https://livescience.com
                        ** Source https://www.history.com/
                        "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
                        a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
                        rightly dividing the word of truth."
                        2 Tim. 2:15

Comment

I will repeat my earlier reply here:

This is one of the most difficult prophecy passages, but pretty important in putting it all together. The reason it's cryptic is because it had to be in John's time. John was imprisoned by Rome, and John didn't want to appear to be openly advocating for sedition against the Empire. Jesus also spoke in parables in dealing with those disinterested in learning. John couched his words in symbols that people of the time, and people of faith, would understand. It clearly had to do with the 4 beasts of Daniel, and with the 4th beast, the Roman Empire.

Dan 7 indicated that at the end of the age the Antichrist, the "Little Horn," would arise, and appropriate a confederation based on 10 nations and 7 kings--3 kings would be dethroned. This is what Dan 12, 13, and 17 are all about. Both Satan and the Beast are portrayed as having 10 horns and 7 heads.

In Rev 17, particular attention is drawn to the Harlot, who is called "the Great City." Again, this had to have been Rome, because in John's time Rome ruled over that part of the world (vs 18).

We are told that the 7 heads are representative of both 7 mountains and 7 kings. So the 7 heads do relate to the 7 kings remaining in Dan 7 after 3 of those kings are defeated. Rome was known as the city of 7 hills. John is making identification of the Harlot obvious.

But the 7 kings are also representative, according to John, of 7 kingdoms in history, which also go back to the 4 beasts of Dan 7.

10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

By John's time 5 had fallen, which according by Daniel's time would've included the 5 great regional powers that impacted Israel--Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, and Greece. Rome was currently in existence in John's time, and the Antichrist was yet to come, who represents a Kingdom that lasts for 3.5 years--a "short time." The Antichrist himself is viewed as an "8th,* meaning that his position over the 7th kingdom is in itself significant. He has the entire authority of Satan, and has his way on earth for his limited period of time.

Following the 3.5 years there will be, I believe, a time in which the world is drawn into the final conflict, Armageddon. This is a time of unknown length, the time in which "no man knows the day or the hour." Christ will come like a thief to those on earth who have no clue that the war they are engaging in has been doomed from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
                            I will repeat my earlier reply here:

The reason it's cryptic is because it had to be in John's time. In Rev 17, particular attention is drawn to the Harlot, who is called "the Great City." Again, this had to have been Rome, because in John's time Rome ruled over that part of the world (vs 18).

Have you ever considered that John was see a vision which was future in Rev 17?

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

For Rev 17 is CLEARLY not speaking of first century Rome. Clearly!

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
                              Have you ever considered that John was see a vision which was future in Rev 17?

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

For Rev 17 is CLEARLY not speaking of first century Rome. Clearly!
                              I'm not a Preterist. I believe, as I indicated, that the future reality of Antichrist was preceded by the historic Roman Empire, as it proceeded through 7 kings. These kingdoms were Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Kingdom of Antichrist (modern Europe). Antichrist is himself the "8th king." Antichrist and his Kingdom are "yet to come."

Comment

Working...
                              X