Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Healed Head Wound

Heads represent kings

First off we need to define what a "head" represents. A key in this interpretation is that in Rev 12 the seven heads have seven crowns upon them which represent authority, ie kings. Note however in Rev 13 the crowns now are upon the 10 horns whom also represent kings. This shows the authority has been given from the kings now over to the 10 horns which we see occurring in Rev 17 wherein the kings in succession are falling and then the 10 horns reigning with the beast. View the heads as "heads of state" wherein there is a "physical state" but there is also a "head" king/leader in charge of the state. Now the 7 heads represent part of the spiritual government of Satan which will come physically upon the earth as the fourth kingdom.

Location of the Head Wound - Heaven

So in Rev 13 we see the beast with the head wound, how did he get it? and where did this take place? Well let's look at the previous chapter for the answer. Would it not be logical that it is during a battle the dragon receives his head wound? Of course. So the head wound happens in heaven which will not be witnessed by those upon the earth. Thus those on earth are not marveling at some physical resurrection before their eyes rather marvel/wonder due to his presence, power, and authority as they are in belief he is like God himself.

Rev 12
    7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Who is this 8th head/king

Now since one of the seven heads are healed this would make the eighth head/king. So in Rev 13 we are seeing the 8th king coming into power aka the little horn for 3.5 years. Note the three beasts before him, lion, bear, leopard are now under his authority are part of the Beast. Since the heads/kings fall in succession it would be the 7th head which is wounded in battle Rev 12. He comes up from the bottomless pit. The king of the pit comes upon the earth and goes into perdition. This is when the son of perdition is reveled. The 8th king will be the son of perdition, the son of Satan himself.

Rev 9
    11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

2 Thess 3
    3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Rev 17 is this event sitting in the temple showing himself to be God married no less to the woman whom was to be God's spouse.

So again, the 7 kings nor the 8th have anything to due to past or future kings of any known earthly empires. These 7 kings are part of a spiritual government now regulated in the heavens which one day will befall the earth with a king claiming to be God culminating in deception of the world.

Re: The Healed Head Wound

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
    Heads represent kings

First off we need to define what a "head" represents. A key in this interpretation is that in Rev 12 the seven heads have seven crowns upon them which represent authority, ie kings. Note however in Rev 13 the crowns now are upon the 10 horns whom also represent kings. This shows the authority has been given from the kings now over to the 10 horns which we see occurring in Rev 17 wherein the kings in succession are falling and then the 10 horns reigning with the beast. View the heads as "heads of state" wherein there is a "physical state" but there is also a "head" king/leader in charge of the state. Now the 7 heads represent part of the spiritual government of Satan which will come physically upon the earth as the fourth kingdom.
    The Seven Heads are Kingdoms, and since Satan is over all the Kingdoms of this world, Rev. 12 designates the Dragon as being Satan. Luke 4 tells us that Satan has authority over every kingdom on this earth, he offered them all unto Jesus if Jesus would just bow down and serve him. Thus 7 CROWNS on 7 Heads.

The Crowns on the 10 Kings show Rev. 13 to be all about the Anti-Christ/ LAST HEAD of the Beast or 7th Beast Head. The 10 Kings freely give their power unto the Beast/A.C.

There are NO CROWNS in the Rev. 17 Scarlet Colored Beast because in its about Apollyon.

So Satan has the Authority of all Kingdoms on earth, OF WHICH the 7 Kingdoms in the Mediterranean Sea Region are just the ones being mentioned because the bible is about Israel in general. So the 10 Kings are under the Anti-Christ whom the Dragon REMAINS OVER, no power is transferred per se, its h=just the Beast coming to POWER and since he has 10 Kings under him in Prophecy, putting the 10 CROWNS on the Horns shows that to be the Anti-Christ, the Dragon is over Him, hes one of the Seven Heads !! There is NO CROWNS on the Seven Headed 10 Horned Beast of Rev. 17 because Apollyon has no Kingdom in this world, his is at the Bottomless Pit. He was placed over the Mediterranean Sea Region until Rome, then came the MORTAL WOUND and he was placed in the Pit by God, and he will be freed at the 1st Woe.

It has nothing to do with the war in heaven which happens at the same time as chapter 13. Both Rev. 12 and 13 start in Rev. ch. 6.

Who is this 8th head/king

Now since one of the seven heads are healed this would make the eighth head/king. So in Rev 13 we are seeing the 8th king coming into power aka the little horn for 3.5 years. Note the three beasts before him, lion, bear, leopard are now under his authority are part of the Beast. Since the heads/kings fall in succession it would be the 7th head which is wounded in battle Rev 12. He comes up from the bottomless pit. The king of the pit comes upon the earth and goes into perdition. This is when the son of perdition is reveled. The 8th king will be the son of perdition, the son of Satan himself.
    This is Apollyon............a Demon thus he was OF THE SEVEN.........He was the prince of Persia in Daniel 10. The Mortal Wound came, the Church could not be overcome by the gates of hell, thus the Mortal Wound to Rome. After the Rapture, the Beast will ARISE and be HEALED again when he Conquers Jerusalem at the 1260.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation Man View Post
      The Seven Heads are Kingdoms,
      Can a kingdom receive a mortal head wound? Not likely. What you and most are missing is the comparison of these to the seven in God's kingdom. God has 7 heads as well and another whom is the 8th (Christ) who received a mortal head wound but will be healed (was healed). Christ is also was, is not, yet will be...… So by comparing to two sets of seven in each kingdom we see that God does not have seven kingdoms rather 7 kings. Thus as Satan has a counterfeit kingdom his 7 also represent kings not kingdoms.

Christ and the little horn both are the 8th king of their kingdom whom are of the seven. Both had/will have a mortal head wound. Both where, is not, yet will be. Both kingdoms have 4 beasts, 7 heads, 12 horns.

So again if the 7 in God's government are not kingdoms (which they are not) then the 7 in Satan's government are not either.....understand the counterfeit!

Comment

Lots to take in within this thread. I'm sipping my coffee and continuing to think on this topic. I've not heard of the conjecture that there will be a king that rises up from hell itself. Interesting back and forth here.

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
          Can a kingdom receive a mortal head wound? Not likely.
          So the Kingdoms are called HEADS but a Mortal Wound can't described a Beast being wounded ? You miss big picture here my good brother, the symmetry, the Metaphoric description of this "FIGURATIVE Beast".

We have this Beast over Israel and the Mediterranean Sea Region, it runs from Egypt {Head one} to Greece {Head 5} then Rome is the Head or Beast over the Region in John's time on earth, whilst Jesus lived and died. Israel became as Dead Men's Bones unto God. So God refused to recognize them anymore, he gave the mantle of taking the Gospel to the Gentile world, and Jesus stated clearly that the gates of hell would not overcome his Church, thus the Mortal Wound, the Romans turned fro Godless idolaters who served false gods to God fearing men who spread the Gospel of Christ for the most part, not all of course, but in general, they became a Christian nation down through the ages, this stymied the Beast Systems push of Idolatry and much of the Western World became Christian, thus the Beast of Rome suffered a Mortal Wound in that they not only stopped persecuting Christians/Gods peoples but started worshiping God. This is why we have a 2000 year gap via the Beasts and the Statue.

The 8th King is Apollyon.

What you and most are missing is the comparison of these to the seven in God's kingdom. God has 7 heads as well and another whom is the 8th (Christ) who received a mortal head wound but will be healed (was healed). Christ is also was, is not, yet will be...… So by comparing to two sets of seven in each kingdom we see that God does not have seven kingdoms rather 7 kings. Thus as Satan has a counterfeit kingdom his 7 also represent kings not kingdoms.

Christ and the little horn both are the 8th king of their kingdom whom are of the seven. Both had/will have a mortal head wound. Both where, is not, yet will be. Both kingdoms have 4 beasts, 7 heads, 12 horns.

So again if the 7 in God's government are not kingdoms (which they are not) then the 7 in Satan's government are not either.....understand the counterfeit!
          The Little Horn is the Anti-Christ. I have never heard of God's 7 Heads man, and have been reading the bible for 50 years plus.

There will be no counterfeit, hes coming in his own name.

Comment

@ross3421,

I understand that the author of Revelation has taken many images from old testament prophets in which this image of the beast from the sea are concerning kingdoms with it kings. Just like the image found in the book of Daniel with the beast of the sea, kings ruling over the people of Israel. In my interpretation of these kingdoms (Egypt, Babylon, Median, Persian, Greece, Rome) kings the one that had the wound until death was describing the kingdom of Greece with the death of Alexander the Great. While the 5th kingdom Greece suffered a great blow by the unexpected death of Alexander the kingdom itself would continue with his ten generals and then down to four generals.

So we have the author of Revelation having visions from the past as when he described, " The beast that thou sawest WAS, and IS NOT; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition.".

The five kingdoms, kings that fallen was Egypt, Babylon, Median, Persian and Greece with Greece having it's kingdom divided into ten (Diadochi). The then present kingdom was Rome (6) , but another kingdom was to come with the king Apollyon the destroyer. What the author envisions are the invasion of false teachers in which shall cause a fallen away. He describes the false teachers as locust coming up out of the pit of darkness with hurt men with the mouths and tails.

Comment

Hey Beckrl, long time no see. It's been ages since I last saw you here. Now if only Eric would return. I'm sure you remember him. Unfortunately I'm beginning to think he may no longer be among the living. Hope I'm wrong though.

Originally posted by Beckrl View Post
              The five kingdoms, kings that fallen was Egypt, Babylon, Median, Persian and Greece with Greece having it's kingdom divided into ten (Diadochi). The then present kingdom was Rome (6) , but another kingdom was to come with the king Apollyon the destroyer. What the author envisions are the invasion of false teachers in which shall cause a fallen away.
              I pretty much agree with this part.

He describes the false teachers as locust coming up out of the pit of darkness with hurt men with the mouths and tails.
              As to this part, I'm not seeing it. This would mean that there are no false teachers prior to them coming out of the pit. Obviously if they are in the pit, regardless that it might not be a real pit, assuming your position, they are still in the pit until it is opened.

Comment

@ross3421,

I understand that the author of Revelation has taken many images from old testament prophets in which this image of the beast from the sea are concerning kingdoms with it kings. Just like the image found in the book of Daniel with the beast of the sea, kings ruling over the people of Israel. In my interpretation of these kingdoms (Egypt, Babylon, Median, Persian, Greece, Rome) kings the one that had the wound until death was describing the kingdom of Greece with the death of Alexander the Great. While the 5th kingdom Greece suffered a great blow by the unexpected death of Alexander the kingdom itself would continue with his ten generals and then down to four generals.

So we have the author of Revelation having visions from the past as when he described, " The beast that thou sawest WAS, and IS NOT; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition.".
                First need to understand the heads are part of the dragon himself, they are part of his body, they all represent Satan himself. It would be like if you had 7 other heads, eyes, arms ect…. These 7 heads are upon the dragon and are seen in heaven and coming up from the sea. Thus the 7 heads cannot represent kingdoms. Kingdoms are not upon the dragon nor are they located in heaven nor come up from the sea. These seven heads must be spiritual in nature as being in heaven and come up from the sea. These 7 heads are spiritual kings of a kingdom in which the dragon is THE head. Now these spiritual kings do come upon the earth and become physical kings upon earth.

The understanding of this text in that the beast "was" in heaven as seen in Rev 12, and "is not" as he was cast to the ground Rev 12 , and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit Rev 11, 13, 17.

Thus the understanding of "is not" would have to be time in the pit if then he is ascending out from the pit. And if something is ascending out from the pit it would have to be spiritual in nature and not a physical kingdom.

So we know the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns was and comes up from the bottomless pit, so where is Satan who had 7 heads and 10 horns at the start of Rev 13?

Comment

Yes it's been a long time. I've lost contact with almost everyone here so I wouldn't know, hope not.

Great that we agree here, the false teachers mentioned are the same ones that Paul wrote to Timothy about. At the time of the end, which is the ending of the old covenant temple there would come false teachers deceiving the people. That pit of darkness which Revelation 9 describes is a metaphorical imagery of how lack of understanding and the smoke rising up as the lies they speak to cover up the truth. All this was pointing to the time of the end in AD70 with the destruction of the temple and old covenant the coming of the new Jerusalem which God dwells with men.

Comment

Here is a image I made to demonstrate how the beast of the sea with seven heads is seven kingdoms which dominate over the people of Israel and how the woman (harlot Jerusalem) joined with this beast to deceive the people.
                    Attached Files

Comment

@ross3421

Yes the mention of the rising up out of the pit is imagery of false teachers rising up to deceive. Revelation 9 speaks of these as if a great army invading the land so it imagery of a kingdom with a king named Apollyon .

Comment

Yes it's been a long time. I've lost contact with almost everyone here so I wouldn't know, hope not.

Great that we agree here, the false teachers mentioned are the same ones that Paul wrote to Timothy about. At the time of the end, which is the ending of the old covenant temple there would come false teachers deceiving the people. That pit of darkness which Revelation 9 describes is a metaphorical imagery of how lack of understanding and the smoke rising up as the lies they speak to cover up the truth. All this was pointing to the time of the end in AD70 with the destruction of the temple and old covenant the coming of the new Jerusalem which God dwells with men.
                        After seeing your reply here, it looks like I don't agree with you after all. I guess I forgot that you tend to think 70 AD explains a lot of things.

Comment

The seed of satan are his kingdom(s) on Earth.
                          The seed of the woman is God's kingdom on Earth.

Keeping those two points in mind, for me: the wound to the head is defined in Genesis 3:15

Genesis 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman,
                          and between your offspring[seed] and her offspring[seed];
                          he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

God bless
                          Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                          Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Comment

@ross3421

Yes the mention of the rising up out of the pit is imagery of false teachers rising up to deceive. Revelation 9 speaks of these as if a great army invading the land so it imagery of a kingdom with a king named Apollyon .
                            The locusts coming out of the pit are not coming out to deceive, they are coming out of the pit to torment those that have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Revelation 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
                            4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
                            5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

Then it indicates this only goes on for 5 months. None of this is depicting anyone being deceived by the locusts.

Revelation 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Why would they desire to die if they are simply just being deceived for 5 months? Your interpretation makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
                              The seed of satan are his kingdom(s) on Earth.
                              The seed of the woman is God's kingdom on Earth.

Keeping those two points in mind, for me: the wound to the head is defined in Genesis 3:15

Genesis 3:15 I will put enmity between you and the woman,
                              and between your offspring[seed] and her offspring[seed];
                              he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

God bless
                              Funny that you bring this up. A week or so ago, out of the clear blue sky, so to speak, Genesis 3:15 came to mind, in regards to the head wound. Until you brought this up I had almost forgot about this. At the time I didn't know what to think of it, so I pretty much shrugged it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X