Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police is getting more humane these days

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Police is getting more humane these days

    So I was watching "Hansen vs Predator" which is today's version of "Catch a Predator", and one thing I noticed was that in "Catch the Predator" the police would almost always yell "get on the ground" in a real graphic manner while in "Hansen versus Predator" they calmly say to get in the car. This just goes to show that police gets more and more humane as time goes on. This makes it really hard to imagine how those scenarios where police would torture and behead people for not taking the mark can possibly happen. In fact, even more obvious reason why it can't happen is that there are courts of law to be followed. So, ask any law student: how would modern day courts legally sentence someone for beheading for refusal to take the mark? I just don't see it happening.

    This, however, does NOT invalidate biblical prophecy. You have to just read it more carefully. Bible never says people would be beheaded FOR refusal to take a mark. Rather it makes two SEPARATE statements at two SEPARATE chapters:

    a) There are souls of people who are beheaded for the testimony of Jesus
    b) People who refuse to take the mark wouldn't be allowed to buy and sell

    The common assumption that is being made is that "a" and "b" refers to the same group of people. But it doesn't have to! It is entirely possible that "a" refers to Christian martyrs from the distant past, while "b" refers to the people in the future. Remember: "a" talks about SOULS of people that are beheaded. Since the SOUL is eternal, the SOULS of people that were killed back in the first century are still there somewhere -- so those SOULS is what "a" talks about. Meanwhile, here on earth, there will be people who would be stopped from buying and selling (part b), but no, those people will NOT be beheaded: these are two completely separate groups of people.

    By the way, my observation about police getting so humane is part of the reason why buying and selling would be more than enough to get people to take the mark. You see, people are getting more and more spoiled. And when you are dealing with someone spoiled, you don't have to threaten them with death: just take away some of their comforts and you get them to do what you want.

  • #2
    Re: Police is getting more humane these days

    Originally posted by Subriemannian View Post
    So I was watching "Hansen vs Predator" which is today's version of "Catch a Predator", and one thing I noticed was that in "Catch the Predator" the police would almost always yell "get on the ground" in a real graphic manner while in "Hansen versus Predator" they calmly say to get in the car. This just goes to show that police gets more and more humane as time goes on. This makes it really hard to imagine how those scenarios where police would torture and behead people for not taking the mark can possibly happen. In fact, even more obvious reason why it can't happen is that there are courts of law to be followed. So, ask any law student: how would modern day courts legally sentence someone for beheading for refusal to take the mark? I just don't see it happening.


    This, however, does NOT invalidate biblical prophecy. You have to just read it more carefully. Bible never says people would be beheaded FOR refusal to take a mark. Rather it makes two SEPARATE statements at two SEPARATE chapters:


    a) There are souls of people who are beheaded for the testimony of Jesus
    b) People who refuse to take the mark wouldn't be allowed to buy and sell


    The common assumption that is being made is that "a" and "b" refers to the same group of people. But it doesn't have to! It is entirely possible that "a" refers to Christian martyrs from the distant past, while "b" refers to the people in the future. Remember: "a" talks about SOULS of people that are beheaded. Since the SOUL is eternal, the SOULS of people that were killed back in the first century are still there somewhere -- so those SOULS is what "a" talks about. Meanwhile, here on earth, there will be people who would be stopped from buying and selling (part b), but no, those people will NOT be beheaded: these are two completely separate groups of people.


    By the way, my observation about police getting so humane is part of the reason why buying and selling would be more than enough to get people to take the mark. You see, people are getting more and more spoiled. And when you are dealing with someone spoiled, you don't have to threaten them with death: just take away some of their comforts and you get them to do what you want.
    Hi Subriemannian,
    Hey, thanks.
    Good points about a notable distinction between A & B
    It is something that I have never contrasted before, I just automatically assumed they were synonymous with one another for some reason.

    I also get what you are saying about the kinder gentler (politically correctness) quickly establishing strong roots into our local, State and National civil authorities in more obvious ways now too. It seems like it happened overnight too doesn't it.

    Things are definitely picking up pace in the direction of not being able to buy or sell if our politics or policies don't agree with the ______. <---fill in the blank
    ....And watching Mr. Trump more and more initiating the wielding of economic warfare with huge embargoes, tariffs and sanctions on large swaths of our Planet's Nations-(and individuals too) in the past three years, is making that a reality more sooner than later, in my opinion.
    For me though, that does not diminish what bible prophecy says about coming literal wars too. I am positive that there are going to be some big wars coming our way soon, really BIG ones, and really SOON too.

    However, about what you said of the beheading of christians being a thing of the past.
    I can agree that we here in the US and or in the EU Nations rarely hear of it anymore. But, as for it being a thing of the past, no.
    It's actually still happening frequently in places like the southern providence's of India, in Iran and Pakistan, in Yemen, in Sudan and Ethiopia, in Libya, and in some of the Indochina Nations, and also sometimes in a few of the former Soviet republics of southern Asia too(the ones close to Iran and Pakistan).
    We just won't hear of it on the corporate news in the western World anymore.
    ....I can visualize it easily start happening here on our own streets overnight too though, if there were a catastrophic breakdown of our infrastructure utilities and numerous civil institutions via an EMP or large meteor strike, or nuclear warheads striking even just only our major port cities on both coast at the same time.
    What I suspect will be the case though: is ironically the tables will be turned on us and we will suddenly become a target of our own tactics of economic warfare by an opposing union or alliance of other Nations.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
    Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Police is getting more humane these days

      Great distinctions between A & B. I like that and never thought about it that way!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Police is getting more humane these days

        Originally posted by Subriemannian View Post
        So I was watching "Hansen vs Predator" which is today's version of "Catch a Predator", and one thing I noticed was that in "Catch the Predator" the police would almost always yell "get on the ground" in a real graphic manner while in "Hansen versus Predator" they calmly say to get in the car. This just goes to show that police gets more and more humane as time goes on. This makes it really hard to imagine how those scenarios where police would torture and behead people for not taking the mark can possibly happen. In fact, even more obvious reason why it can't happen is that there are courts of law to be followed. So, ask any law student: how would modern day courts legally sentence someone for beheading for refusal to take the mark? I just don't see it happening.

        This, however, does NOT invalidate biblical prophecy. You have to just read it more carefully. Bible never says people would be beheaded FOR refusal to take a mark. Rather it makes two SEPARATE statements at two SEPARATE chapters:

        a) There are souls of people who are beheaded for the testimony of Jesus
        b) People who refuse to take the mark wouldn't be allowed to buy and sell

        The common assumption that is being made is that "a" and "b" refers to the same group of people. But it doesn't have to! It is entirely possible that "a" refers to Christian martyrs from the distant past, while "b" refers to the people in the future. Remember: "a" talks about SOULS of people that are beheaded. Since the SOUL is eternal, the SOULS of people that were killed back in the first century are still there somewhere -- so those SOULS is what "a" talks about. Meanwhile, here on earth, there will be people who would be stopped from buying and selling (part b), but no, those people will NOT be beheaded: these are two completely separate groups of people.

        By the way, my observation about police getting so humane is part of the reason why buying and selling would be more than enough to get people to take the mark. You see, people are getting more and more spoiled. And when you are dealing with someone spoiled, you don't have to threaten them with death: just take away some of their comforts and you get them to do what you want.
        A literal mark would violate the promise of salvation to whoever asked. It is a symbolic sign of devotion to the beast and constant rejection to Jesus

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Police is getting more humane these days

          Originally posted by marty fox View Post
          A literal mark would violate the promise of salvation to whoever asked. It is a symbolic sign of devotion to the beast and constant rejection to Jesus
          The way literal mark won't violate the promise of salvation is that it will control brain waves to make it impossible for the person to become a true Christian.

          On the other hand, as far as symbolic mark goes, that *would* violate the promise of salvation. What if the person became apostate (thus taking "symbolic mark") but later repented and became Christian?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Police is getting more humane these days

            Originally posted by Subriemannian View Post
            The way literal mark won't violate the promise of salvation is that it will control brain waves to make it impossible for the person to become a true Christian.

            On the other hand, as far as symbolic mark goes, that *would* violate the promise of salvation. What if the person became apostate (thus taking "symbolic mark") but later repented and became Christian?
            Well if it controlled a persons brain then that person wouldn't be at fault


            Of course a person could repent from taking the mark that's my point but what I said was a constant rejection of Jesus. Remember the unforgivable sin is the constant rejection of the Holy Spirit

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Police is getting more humane these days

              Originally posted by marty fox View Post
              Remember the unforgivable sin is the constant rejection of the Holy Spirit
              Yes, Amen !
              That is definitely the truth that applies in this situation.
              But is also the remedy to any other obstacle in a christian's life too.

              God bless.
              Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
              Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Police is getting more humane these days

                Originally posted by marty fox View Post
                Well if it controlled a persons brain then that person wouldn't be at fault
                Well, it was their fault that they agreed to take it on the first place.


                Originally posted by marty fox View Post
                Of course a person could repent from taking the mark that's my point but what I said was a constant rejection of Jesus. Remember the unforgivable sin is the constant rejection of the Holy Spirit
                Thats how things are in the usual life. But the mark of the beast isn't part of the usual life. It is supposed to be something that isn't around yet but which antichrist will introduce.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Police is getting more humane these days

                  Originally posted by Subriemannian View Post
                  Well, it was their fault that they agreed to take it on the first place.


                  Thats how things are in the usual life. But the mark of the beast isn't part of the usual life. It is supposed to be something that isn't around yet but which antichrist will introduce.
                  Not if they were deceived

                  Doesn't matter if its usual God never changes His laws

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Police is getting more humane these days

                    Originally posted by marty fox View Post
                    Not if they were deceived
                    Bible says that the reason they are deceived is because they refused to believe a lie and -- as a consequence of their choice not to believe a lie -- God sent them strong delusion. So its still their choice.

                    Originally posted by marty fox View Post
                    Doesn't matter if its usual God never changes His laws
                    God's laws are the same but circumstances change. In other words, mark of the beast will be something new -- which we don't see today -- but the way people will be judged for taking it will be compatible with todays laws. Well, if its something new, it can't be a simple refusal to belief, since that isn't new.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Police is getting more humane these days

                      Originally posted by Subriemannian View Post
                      Bible says that the reason they are deceived is because they refused to believe a lie and -- as a consequence of their choice not to believe a lie -- God sent them strong delusion. So its still their choice.

                      They were deceived because they would not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. So, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. It goes on to say, "that they all might be damned" who did not believe not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

                      However, those that are in Christ will not be deceived.

                      2 Thess 2
                      10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
                      11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
                      12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Police is getting more humane these days

                        Originally posted by TMarcum View Post
                        They were deceived because they would not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. So, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. It goes on to say, "that they all might be damned" who did not believe not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

                        However, those that are in Christ will not be deceived.

                        2 Thess 2
                        10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
                        11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
                        12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
                        Agreed. And those that are in Christ will not take the mark either. So I don't see how what you are saying contradicts what I am saying. I do feel, however, that we both disagree with marty fox

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Police is getting more humane these days

                          Originally posted by Subriemannian View Post
                          Agreed. And those that are in Christ will not take the mark either. So I don't see how what you are saying contradicts what I am saying. I do feel, however, that we both disagree with marty fox
                          You are absolutely correct. Those that are in Christ during this time will be too busy being killed by the 1st dragon. But even if they were to survive until the time the 2nd dragon, when he erects the image of the beast, those in Christ still would not be deceived. All that will be left during this time are those whose names are not written in the book of life.

                          Rev 13
                          7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
                          8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

                          BTW, I do not know how marty fox view point on this topic. But do know he is strong in the Word of God on many topics. Also, I am not trying to contradict any of your views.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Police is getting more humane these days

                            Here is a study I did on the mark in the past

                            What is the mark of the beast?

                            If it is a literal mark would that contradict scripture?

                            I do not believe that the mark of the beast is a physical literal mark if it is then it contradicts scripture. Revelation says that who ever has the mark will perish. That means that they can’t repent.

                            Revelation 14:9-12

                            9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

                            It even says that the mark is forced upon them

                            Revelation 13:16-17

                            16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

                            Why can't they repent?

                            If it said that they won't repent that would make sense but not that they can't repent.

                            This scripture proves that people can repent.

                            Romans 10:13

                            13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved

                            The only unforgivable sin is the constant rejection of the Holy Spirit.

                            Matthew 12:31-32

                            31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

                            If someone took the mark out of fear and then repented and died for rejecting it wouldn't God forgive them? I believe yes but that is not what it says in Revelation but the bible doesn’t contradict itself so that tells us that it can't be a physical mark.

                            I believe that the mark represents what you are devoted to (the mark on the forehead) and what you do (the mark on the hand) just like in these scriptures about what God told the Jews.

                            Exodus 13:9

                            9 This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that this law of the Lord is to be on your lips. For the Lord brought you out of Egypt with his mighty hand

                            Exodus 13:16

                            16 And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand

                            The marks and seals of God were not physical on the people in the above verses in Exodus or these next verses.

                            Revelation 7:3

                            “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”

                            and Ezekiel 9:4

                            4 and said to him, “Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it.

                            God looks at where the heart is at not a physical mark or a decision out of fear if they couldn‘t repent why do they still live? God also would not contradict himself if someone realized that they made a mistake and called out to him he would have compassion on them.

                            Romans 10:13

                            for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."


                            If God would forgive the people who physically killed Jesus why would he not forgive someone who received the mark? Lets not forget that God forgave the apostle Paul who was persecuting the church.

                            I think that this shows that the mark of the beast is not a physical mark but something much deeper.

                            I think that John told the 7 churches the number of the beast name so that they would know who it was in their day. I believe that it was Nero representing the empire of Rome as Nero s name equaled the number 666. Why would John tell a first century church the number if it was a 21st century beast?

                            More verses that are promised to us.

                            Romans 10:9
                            If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved


                            John 3:16
                            For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life


                            1John 1:9
                            If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

                            John 3:16
                            16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

                            None of these verses add at the end unless you receive the mark of the beast.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X