Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who and what is the antichrist?

Originally posted by marty fox View Post
    I agree but what I'm getting at is that most of the church confuses the antichrist with the sea beast in Revelation. The antichrist is more like the land beast of Revelation who is also known as the false prophet.
    Hi again Marty,
    Would you be willing to at least consider for more than a moment, I mean really chew-on and ponder for more than just a moment; the possibility that the beast rising from the sea is a gentile false prophet, and the beast rising from the land is a Jewish/Hebrew false prophet, but both of those false prophets in-spirit are one in the same spirit-(the spirit of anti-christ) ?
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
    Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
      Hi again Marty,
      Would you be willing to at least consider for more than a moment, I mean really chew-on and ponder for more than just a moment; the possibility that the beast rising from the sea is a gentile false prophet, and the beast rising from the land is a Jewish/Hebrew false prophet, but both of those false prophets in-spirit are one in the same spirit-(the spirit of anti-christ) ?
      Sure I can but I don't see it

I agree that the land beast represents apostate Israel and the antichrist but the antichrist character is much different than the sea beast.

Comment

Sure I can but I don't see it

I agree that the land beast represents apostate Israel and the antichrist but the antichrist character is much different than the sea beast.
        Okay cool beans.
        So then, do you still see an association between anti-christ and the sea beast as confusion ?

The only reason I ask is because:
        I've not dabbled a lot into bible prophecy yet, but from what I've gathered out of it so far is:
        I see the sea beast as the false prophet but not as in an individual person but rather as governments or institutions, although headed/led by a position/seat that an individual can hold as in holding an office for a term. ie: pope, president, prime-minister, governor and so on.
        Meaning I do not see that position as inhabited by the spirit of anti-christ but only strongly-irresistibly influenced by that spirit.

Where as I see the land beast as the man of sin/the anti-christ (and by default also a false prophet) but as in an individual person, a man(not a seat or position as I see the sea beast to be).
        A man who will be actually inhabited by the spirit of anti-christ, -vs- only being strongly influenced by that the spirit of anti-christ as the sea beast is.

PS: Please excuse all of my ( )'s /'s and -'s
        ...I'm not using those ( )'s /'s and -'s for your sake, but only in an attempt to communicate my thoughts in English to others reading who's mother tongue may not be English.
        Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.

Comment

Oops, I'll had to edit the first mention of land beast in my post above, edited to sea beast.

Comment

Are you claiming that Michael is Jesus?
            No............Micheal in Dan. 10 demanded the prince of Persia to allow Alexander the Great to Conquer Persia but the prince of Persia {Apollyon} resisted for 21 days. Jesus is the Man in Linen. Micheal is an Angel just like Gabriel.

Comment

Okay cool beans.
              So then, do you still see an association between anti-christ and the sea beast as confusion ?

The only reason I ask is because:
              I've not dabbled a lot into bible prophecy yet, but from what I've gathered out of it so far is:
              I see the land beast as the false prophet but not as in an individual person but rather as governments or institutions, although headed/led by a position/seat that an individual can hold as in holding an office for a term. ie: pope, president, prime-minister, governor and so on.
              Meaning I do not see that position as inhabited by the spirit of anti-christ but only strongly-irresistibly influenced by that spirit.

Where as I see the land beast as the man of sin/the anti-christ (and by default also a false prophet) but as in an individual person, a man(not a seat or position as I see the sea beast to be).
              A man who will be actually inhabited by the spirit of anti-christ, -vs- only being strongly influenced by that the spirit of anti-christ as the sea beast is.

PS: Please excuse all of my ( )'s /'s and -'s
              ...I'm not using those ( )'s /'s and -'s for your sake, but only in an attempt to communicate my thoughts in English to others reading who's mother tongue may not be English.
              I see both the land beast and the sea beast as powerful demons who influence nations and their leaders just like we read about in Daniel chapter 10. Daniel tells us that demons are kings and princes over nations.

Thus the sea beast is a demon a nation and leaders of that nation

I also see the antichrist as a demonic spirt and most likely the same as the land beast. They work together for the same purpose to destroy the church

Comment

I see both the land beast and the sea beast as powerful demons who influence nations and their leaders just like we read about in Daniel chapter 10. Daniel tells us that demons are kings and princes over nations.

Thus the sea beast is a demon a nation and leaders of that nation

I also see the antichrist as a demonic spirt and most likely the same as the land beast. They work together for the same purpose to destroy the church
                Awesome !
                We only disagree on a spirit influencing -vs- inhabiting then ?

BTW: I apologize, I had to edit the post you quoted of me, I edited my first paragraph's mention of land beast into sea beast. ...I meant sea beast.

Comment

I see the sea-beast as institutions or governments who are only influenced by the spirit of anti-christ.
                  And see the land-beast as an individual man who is actually inhabited by the spirit of anti-christ.

Comment

Awesome !
                    We only disagree on a spirit influencing -vs- inhabiting then ?

BTW: I apologize, I had to edit the post you quoted of me, I edited my first paragraph's mention of land beast into sea beast. ...I meant sea beast.
                    No worries

I think the spirit influences many but when allowed by the person inhabits. For example satan actually entered Judus when he betrayed Jesus.

Comment

No worries

I think the spirit influences many but when allowed by the person inhabits. For example satan actually entered Judus when he betrayed Jesus.
                      Awesome again. Thanks you for your patience.

Yes, although I have not went to scripture to confirm this yet: if I remember correctly, when Jesus spoke this of Judas there, He actually used the word "inhabit" Judas, He gave Judas up to be "inhabited" by the devil.

Comment

I see the sea-beast as institutions or governments who are only influenced by the spirit of anti-christ.
                        And see the land-beast as an individual man who is actually inhabited by the spirit of anti-christ.
                        If the land beast is just a man inhabited by the antichrist how would you explain him being cast into the lake of fire alive before the judgement day?

This can only happen to a demon as all men will stand before the throne as every knee will bow and every tongue confess before the throne

Comment

Awesome again. Thanks you for your patience.

Although I have not went to scripture to confirm this yet: if I remember correctly, when Jesus spoke this of Judas there, He actually used the word "inhabit" Judas, He gave Judas up to be "inhabited" by the devil.
                          Scripture has shown people possessed by demons which Jesus cast out

Comment

I agree but what I'm getting at is that most of the church confuses the antichrist with the sea beast in Revelation. The antichrist is more like the land beast of Revelation who is also known as the false prophet.
                            And this is one of the few areas where you are I agree.

To all reading: The sea beast is not an individual...it's ten kings and kingdoms spread out within 7 areas of land. It's the land beast who is the only individual and the sea beast is his creation, a massive empire of smaller kingdoms. He wants that worshiped because it's his and represents his power. Rev doesn't mention anyone claiming to be God but the FP will also do that, it's just found in other writings.
                            James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                              To all reading: The sea beast is not an individual
                              I agree and have previous to your public-note here, edited a correction of sea beast into land beast in my post.

Comment

My view, as indicated elsewhere, is that Antichrist in the NT, in whatever form, refers to the Antichrist in the OT. Dan 7 is the place where the theology of the Antichrist is formed. So all NT references to the Antichrist, whether "the Antichrist," or "the Man of Sin," or "the Beast," refer back to the "Little Horn" in Dan 7.

I do *not* see the "Abomination of Desolation" as the Antichrist, as many popularly do. But I do see the "Man of Sin" in 2 Thes 2, and "the Antichrist" in 1 John 2.18, as a reference to the "Little Horn" in Dan 7.

And the "Beast" in Rev 13 is a clear reference back to the "Little Horn" of Dan 7, as well, because that Beast has 10 horns and 7 heads. In Dan 7, the "Little Horn" emerges out of a confederation of 10 kings, after having put down 3 of those kings. That leaves 10 kingdoms and 7 kings, or 10 nations and 7 leaders. They are, for all intents and purposes, the same Antichrist.

The existence of preliminary antichrists, in character with the age, is not in competition with THE Antichrist. They are all, part and parcel, of the same satanic spirit. It is only that Dan 7 indicates the Antichrist will appear as the final rebellion against God's People in the time immediately before the establishment of Christ's Kingdom on earth.

I was just add this, from my own thoughts. The age of Antichristianity obviously began with the introduction of Christianity at the 1st Coming of Christ. This took place at a time when God's People, the Jews, were in the midst of an apostasy. This was not always true of Israel, but at this particular time, Israel had deteriorated to the point where they were no longer worthy of being called "God's People."

With the establishment of the International Church, Antichristianity took on a new form, assailing the Church in a variety of ways. Whether in the form of heresy or in the form of religious competition, the Christian Church has had to face a number of Antichristian groups.

This is what we were warned about in the Bible, and is not intended to only counsel Christians in the time of the Antichrist. We are to be wary of teachings in every era, since Satan is always on the move. We are to remain watchful against deceptions so that we do not lose our good behavior, and forget to make Christ our only Lord and God.

Antichrist will signal the final battle of the age. And indeed, we are close to that! What we are witnessing, however, is a repeat of what happened at the beginning of Christianity. Just as Israel, God's People at that time, had fallen into apostasy and error, so the International Church today, has fallen into great apostasy and error. Perhpas this explains why the world collapses into a post-Christian era and faces the final adversary to Christiantiy, the Antichrist?

Comment

Working...
                                X