Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who and what is the antichrist?

Originally posted by randyk View Post
    And the "Beast" in Rev 13 is a clear reference back to the "Little Horn" of Dan 7, as well, because that Beast has 10 horns and 7 heads.
    In Daniel the 4th beast is the only beast and the little horn is not called a second beast but becomes part of that first beast as it's leader. Rev 13 is similar but names two beasts instead of one but the second beast does join the first beast as it's leader doing exactly what the little horn does...rule over the ten horned beast empire. This is why the false prophet with the horns of a little lamb (two little horns) is the updated version of Daniel's little horn.

Daniel - ten horned beast arises, little horn comes next and is the person of authority and power over the ten horned beast. Little horn is the antichrist.
    Revelation - ten horned beast arises, false prophet comes next and is the person of authority and power over the ten horned beast. False prophet is the antichrist.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

I also find it interesting that John didn't use the word antichrist in the Book of Revelation. I also find it interesting that antichrist doesn't necessarily mean opposing Christ but instead, means more so "in place of Christ". He will at some point in the tribulation period demand that only he is worshiped - no other religions allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by dailyprayerwarrior View Post
        I also find it interesting that John didn't use the word antichrist in the Book of Revelation. I also find it interesting that antichrist doesn't necessarily mean opposing Christ but instead, means more so "in place of Christ".
        Anti means both things. By pretending to be Christ he is opposing the true Christ.

anti

473 anti {an-tee'}

a primary particle; TDNT - 1:372,61; prep

AV - for 15, because + 3639 4, for ... cause 1, therefore + 3639 1,
        in the room of 1; 22

1) over against, opposite to, before
        2) for, instead of, in place of (something)
        2a) instead of
        2b) for
        2c) for that, because
        2d) wherefore, for this cause
        James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation Man View Post
          You conflate anti-christ spirit and THAT ANTI-CHRIST.

Question, how can there be an ETERNAL Holy God without an ETERNAL Evil Spirit ? Its so obvious their has to be an ANTI-God Spirit that is evil, and that just means the opposite of God. This Evil Spirit ENTICED Lucifer, in his heart he said I will be like the most high God etc. etc. etc. So Anti-christ means the same since Jesus is God, it means the same ETERNAL Evil Spirit that has always been, it deceived 1/3 of the Angels and millions and millions of humans.

But THAT Anti-Christ points to the Man of Sin, the Little Horn person, or the Assyrian. The Anti-Christ, which he is, is just a way to incorporate all the names for this MAN into one name. He is the Beast from the Sea in Rev. 13, thus the CROWNS are on the 10 Horns, the 10 Kings remember freely give their power unto him. The Rev. 12 Beast with 7 CROWNS is Satan/Dragon. Its two different entities DEALINGS with the Mediterranean Sea Power Structure down through the Ages. Satan is over all 7 in the region, of course, whereas the Beast/Little Horn of Rev. 13 is only over the 10 Kings, he is the 7th Head that Satan is over.....WATCH.....Rev. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

So the FIGURATIVE Beast with 7 Heads was Greece, Babylon, Persia and Rome who had a Mortal Wound {#6} then after 2000 years of going back into the Sea or being Wounded, the Man of Sin/Anti-Christ/Little Horn defeats Israel and the whole Mediterranean Sea Region to ARISE as the 7th Head of this FIGURATIVE Beast of the Mediterranean Sea Region. Israel has to be an ENTITY for their to be a Beast in God's eyes, and God stated Israel would be as Dead Men's Bones until the END TIMES {1948}.

The Scarlet Colored Beast with NO CROWNS in Rev. 17 is Apollyon, whom God placed over the Mediterranean Sea Region to try and Destroy Israel it seems, hence the Destroyer. After Rome, God placed him in the Bottomless Pit until the 1st Woe, thus HE WAS.............IS NOT...............YET IS. He was the prince of Persia that resisted Micheal/God for 21 days when God wanted Alexander the Great to Conquer Persia.

So the Anti-Christ IS the Little Horn/Man of Sin/Assyrian who becomes the Beast when he Conquers Israel/Jerusalem AND the MANY Nations of the Mediterranean Sea Region.
          We went over this before but only God was never created as Paul states He created all things

1 Colossians 1:16
          16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

God isn't God because He is the opposite of evil God is God because of who He is

Comment

Originally Posted by dailyprayerwarrior

I also find it interesting that John didn't use the word antichrist in the Book of Revelation. I also find it interesting that antichrist doesn't necessarily mean opposing Christ but instead, means more so "in place of Christ". He will at some point in the tribulation period demand that only he is worshiped - no other religions allowed.

Which equates to... opposing Christ.

Also, while the term anti-christ is not so clearly said, "anti-christ," what is anti-christ is in The Revelation... chapter 13 specifically.

Also, 2 Thess 2 speaks of the anti-christ in reference to a period that is the Tribulation.
            Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by marty fox View Post
              If the land beast is just a man inhabited by the antichrist how would you explain him being cast into the lake of fire alive before the judgement day?

This can only happen to a demon as all men will stand before the throne as every knee will bow and every tongue confess before the throne
              Because that man willfully gave himself up to that spirit to be personally inhabited by it, which I believe will not be repented of by the man.
              ....I also believe that when satan is finally cast into the lake of fire, he will still be in that same man's bodily form.
              Isaiah 14:16
              Those who see you will stare at you
              and ponder over you: ‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
              who shook kingdoms"

So, possibly satan even remaining in that bodily form until he/satan is released to instigate mischief upon the Earth again.
              Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
              Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
                Because that man willfully gave himself up to that spirit to be personally inhabited by it, which I believe will not be repented of by the man.
                ....I also believe that when satan is finally cast into the lake of fire, he will still be in that same man's bodily form.
                who shook kingdoms"

So, possibly satan even remaining in that bodily form until he/satan is released to instigate mischief upon the Earth again.
                This is talking about a man who was possessed by satan at the throne judgement which happens right after satan is cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 20:10-15
                . 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Comment

This is talking about a man who was possessed by satan at the throne judgement which happens right after satan is cast into the lake of fire.

. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
                  I meant to add that I say that this happens on the judgement day because other people look upon him

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                    In Daniel the 4th beast is the only beast and the little horn is not called a second beast but becomes part of that first beast as it's leader. Rev 13 is similar but names two beasts instead of one but the second beast does join the first beast as it's leader doing exactly what the little horn does...rule over the ten horned beast empire. This is why the false prophet with the horns of a little lamb (two little horns) is the updated version of Daniel's little horn.

Daniel - ten horned beast arises, little horn comes next and is the person of authority and power over the ten horned beast. Little horn is the antichrist.
                    Revelation - ten horned beast arises, false prophet comes next and is the person of authority and power over the ten horned beast. False prophet is the antichrist.
                    I can't understand your position very well, but I do understand that some people see the 2nd Beast as the Antichrist. I don't know that the 2 Beasts of Revelation 13 has a source in OT Prophecy.

The prophecy of the Antichrist, as I said before, is based almost exclusively on Dan 7. And in that prophecy it is the 4th Beast that appears to be the final kingdom before Christ's Kingdom is established on earth.

We well know that the Roman Empire has had a very long run, and was perpetuated in various forms. The Germans took over from the Latins, and the Slavs took over from the Greeks. But the imperial tradition, originating from Rome, continued. Even Russia used the term "Caesar," or "Czar," for its ruler. In the West, Charlemagne in Gaul was crowned Holy Roman Emperor.

But Daniel predicted that the Empire would be broken up into 10 states, or kings. 3 of them would be overthrown. That makes 10 horns and 7 heads, just as Revelation 13 predicts. The 2nd Beast simply serves the role of supporting the Antichristian Kingdom.

Comment

I meant to add that I say that this happens on the judgement day because other people look upon him
                      If we both believe that Rev 20:10-15 and Isaiah 14:12-16 are both referring to the same event.

Then one of us are in error.

So, I disagree with you saying it is only speaking of a man, and scripture disagrees too, because Isaiah 14:16 is speaking of satan noted by the description found in Isaiah 14:16's previous three verses 12-15

Isaiah 14:12-15
                      “How you are fallen from heaven,
                      O Day Star, son of Dawn!
                      How you are cut down to the ground,
                      you who laid the nations low!
                      You said in your heart,
                      ‘I will ascend to heaven;
                      above the stars of God
                      I will set my throne on high;
                      I will sit on the mount of assembly
                      in the far reaches of the north;[fn]
                      I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
                      I will make myself like the Most High.’
                      But you are brought down to Sheol,
                      to the far reaches of the pit.

Those scriptures above are referencing satan.
                      But yet the very next verse describes him as man:

and ponder over you:
                      Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
                      who shook kingdoms,

Re:
                      If the land beast is just a man inhabited by the antichrist how would you explain him being cast into the lake of fire alive before the judgement day?

This can only happen to a demon as all men will stand before the throne as every knee will bow and every tongue confess before the throne
                      Jacob's Ladder
                      who shook kingdoms"

So, possibly satan is even remaining in that bodily form until he/satan is released to instigate mischief upon the Earth again.
                      Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.

Comment

If we both believe that Rev 20:10-15 and Isaiah 14:12-16 are both referring to the same event.

So, I disagree with you saying it is only speaking of a man, and scripture disagrees too, because Isaiah 14:16 is speaking of satan noted by the description found in Isaiah 14:16's previous three verses 12-15

O Day Star, son of Dawn!
                        You said in your heart,
                        above the stars of God

But yet the very next verse describes him as man:

and ponder over you:
                        who shook kingdoms,

Re:
                        Yes it is Satan in those verses and it saying that he is brought down to Sheol it’s his end so that is when he is cast into hell then the judgement of a man he possessed on the judgement day

Comment

Yes it is Satan in those verses and it saying that he is brought down to Sheol it’s his end so that is when he is cast into hell then the judgement of a man he possessed on the judgement day
                          Thanks.

But, I do not get where you say the man was only possessed on the day of judgement ?
                          Is there a scripture reference, or any other source for that postulation ?

Comment

Thanks.

But, I do not get where you say the man was only possessed on the day of judgement ?
                            Is there a scripture reference, or any other source for that postulation ?
                            Sorry I meant to say it was the judgement day of the man that he possessed in the past

Comment

Sorry I meant to say it was the judgement day of the man that he possessed in the past
                              I'm sorry Marty, that just does not add up.

The scriptures that we were referencing presented the said man as being referred to as satan de'facto, not a man recently or distantly possessed by an evil spirit. Beside that fact, no evil spirit will go-along-for-the-ride to the judgment seat of Christ, evil spirits have their own appointed time for judgment apart from man.

So, I'll stick with that and move on, leaving you and anyone else free to believe otherwise about what those said scriptures imply.

Re:
                              Jacob's Ladder:

O Day Star, son of Dawn!
                              You said in your heart,
                              above the stars of God

But yet the very next verse describes him as a man:

and ponder over you:
                              who shook kingdoms,

Re:

Jacob's Ladder:
                              who shook kingdoms"

So, possibly satan is even remaining in that bodily form until he/satan is released to instigate mischief upon the Earth again.

Comment

I'm sorry Marty, that just does not add up.

The scriptures that we were referencing presented the said man as being referred to as satan de'facto, not a man recently or distantly possessed by an evil spirit. Beside that fact, no evil spirit will go-along-for-the-ride to the judgment seat of Christ, evil spirits have their own appointed time for judgment apart from man.

So, I'll stick with that and move on, leaving you and anyone else free to believe otherwise about what those said scriptures imply.

Peace
                                Yes the evil spirits have there own appointed judgement and Satan’s is right before the throne judgement in revelation 20. People are then judged after that as revelation 20 states. So any man like judus who was possessed by Satan would be judged after satan is judged

Comment

Working...
                                X