Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

    Originally posted by teddyv View Post
    Move them to Montana and Wyoming.


    Actually, according to geographically stable places on Earth, it would be the southern and south-central portions of the Continent of Africa, and or the Island of New Zealand, and somewhat in the hinterlands of Australia too.

    But the best place hands-down is continually abiding in Christ !
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
    Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

      Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post


      Actually, according to geographically stable places on Earth, it would be the southern and south-central portions of the Continent of Africa, and or the Island of New Zealand, and somewhat in the hinterlands of Australia too.

      But the best place hands-down is continually abiding in Christ !
      The church is the Ark, after the flood we'll need to begin the restoration of all things. The church has everything we'll need for that job.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

        Originally posted by znpaaneah View Post
        The church is the Ark, after the flood we'll need to begin the restoration of all things. The church has everything we'll need for that job.
        I know what you mean and agree, but I still see a need to offer a different view to you:
        The church is not the Ark, Jesus is the church's Ark.

        But yeah, I 100% agree with you that the church already has everything we will need to tend His Garden when Jesus finally restores it.
        And, we'll have shiny new bodies to tend that Garden with too !
        Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
        Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

          Australia Wildfires Take Fatal Turn as Flames Reach 'Catastrophic' Level


          Firefighters in Australia are currently battling hundreds of wildfires, with at least nine emergency-level fires, after a “catastrophic” day of no rain. At least three people have died and 100 injured in the fires.
          It is one of the worst wildfire seasons on record, prompting parliament to declare a state of emergency.
          "What we've burnt through so far this bushfire season, and we haven't even reached summer ... is actually three times the amount we burnt in the total period of last season," Minister for Police and Emergency Services David Elliott told parliament on Tuesday, CNN reported. "This is a very real emerging disaster which we need to take on and consider as being something that this state may not have ever seen before."

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

            Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
            I know what you mean and agree, but I still see a need to offer a different view to you:
            The church is not the Ark, Jesus is the church's Ark.

            But yeah, I 100% agree with you that the church already has everything we will need to tend His Garden when Jesus finally restores it.
            And, we'll have shiny new bodies to tend that Garden with too !
            According to typology Noah built the ark according to the plan God gave him.

            Are you saying that Jesus is being built by some other servant of God?

            Jesus said "I will build my church", which translates as "gathering of the called out ones". It seems reasonable to me to view those on the ark as a gathering of the called out ones.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

              Venice mayor declares disaster as city hit by second worst high tide

              Venice is known for its waters.
              But on Tuesday (November 12) its streets and squares looked much the same as its famous canals.
              Tourists and locals forced to wade through wade through knee-deep flood water.
              The city was hit by the second highest tide ever recorded here.
              And now the mayor of Venice has declared a state of disaster.
              He warned of severe damage - and said the cost will be high.
              Officials said the tide peaked at 1.8 meters - that's over 6ft - just short of the record set in the 1960s.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

                Originally posted by znpaaneah View Post
                According to typology Noah built the ark according to the plan God gave him.


                Are you saying that Jesus is being built by some other servant of God?


                Jesus said "I will build my church", which translates as "gathering of the called out ones". It seems reasonable to me to view those on the ark as a gathering of the called out ones.
                The church are the ones safe/saved inside of the Ark, Jesus is the Ark.
                That is what I have said earlier.

                This is what I am now clarifying of what I've said earlier:
                The Ark is Jesus, Jesus saves us from God's wrath-(the flood)
                Jesus's work on Earth as a man was building that Ark.
                Our/the-church's work is to fill/populate that Ark.

                The church also equips us to bring others-(more than just 8) into that Ark.

                The church is not the Ark, the church populates/fills the Ark.


                Jesus the-man built the Ark, Jesus the-Christ is the Ark, we the church populate the Ark.
                I hope that clarification helps.


                God bless
                Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

                  Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
                  The church are the ones safe/saved inside of the Ark, Jesus is the Ark.
                  That is what I have said earlier.

                  This is what I am now clarifying of what I've said earlier:
                  The Ark is Jesus, Jesus saves us from God's wrath-(the flood)
                  Jesus's work on Earth as a man was building that Ark.
                  Our/the-church's work is to fill/populate that Ark.

                  The church also equips us to bring others-(more than just 8) into that Ark.

                  The church is not the Ark, the church populates/fills the Ark.


                  Jesus the-man built the Ark, Jesus the-Christ is the Ark, we the church populate the Ark.
                  I hope that clarification helps.


                  God bless
                  Are there any verses to support what you have said?

                  I can see Jesus saying "I will build my church" as a verse that supports my understanding that the church is the ark, but I would welcome any other verses that you could bring to this discussion.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

                    Originally posted by znpaaneah View Post
                    Are there any verses to support what you have said?
                    Yes there are actually scriptures to support it, probably two or more scriptures on every single page of our new testament with the possible exception of the books of Acts and Revelation.
                    (In other words: to many to mention or list here.)



                    Originally posted by znpaaneah View Post
                    I can see Jesus saying "I will build my church" as a verse that supports my understanding that the church is the ark, but I would welcome any other verses that you could bring to this discussion.
                    Yes, Jesus did say that, and He also did it too, I would say He used the spoken words of St Peter: "You are the only begotten Son of the Living God" to begin building the church.

                    But, Znpaaneah, you are the one who initiated this metaphor of the church being the Ark, not me. I only offered you a differing view on your metaphor.
                    And, as for me offering you scripture in support of that differing view, I'll offer it again:
                    Yes there are actually scriptures to support it, probably two or more scriptures on every single page of our new testament with the possible exception of the books of Acts and Revelation.
                    (In other words: to many to mention or list here.)

                    Please consider that I am not trying to tear down your metaphor, I am just offering you a different view or perspective on it.
                    I am more than content with you still holding on to your metaphor as you initially presented it here, content because the church is the body of Christ, as Christ is the head, and "is" also the Ark who saves from the wrath of His Father in heaven.
                    ....Again, I was just offering you a different view upon that metaphor. I was not saying that you are in error nor that you are in danger of falling into a false doctrine accepting that metaphor.
                    I was only offering you a different perspective to chew on, and there is plenty of evidence here now that you have chewed upon that different perspective.
                    So, Peace to you and yours



                    God bless
                    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                    Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

                      Here the Ark is compared to baptism. The Ark saved by water, and baptism also saving by water (by the resurrection of Jesus Christ):

                      1Pe 3:20* Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.*
                      1Pe 3:21* The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:*
                      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

                        Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                        Here the Ark is compared to baptism. The Ark saved by water, and baptism also saving by water (by the resurrection of Jesus Christ):

                        1Pe 3:20* Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.*
                        1Pe 3:21* The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:*
                        Yes, but after the flood the promise was that God would not destroy the earth by water but by fire.

                        So, "the ark is preparing" to me is similar to the Lord building the church in this age and then ultimately "the bride hath made herself ready".

                        Also, the Lord likened the end of this age to the days of Noah. So just as Noah got this vision and then spent a long time preparing the ark, in the same way the Lord got the vision and then has spent a long time building the church.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

                          Originally posted by znpaaneah View Post
                          Yes, but after the flood the promise was that God would not destroy the earth by water but by fire.
                          I'm just saying in scripture the Ark is compared to baptism, not to the church or Christ as is being debated.
                          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

                            Passing through the flood is compared to Baptism.

                            Passing through the judgement is typified by Baptism.

                            The judgement at the end of the age is likened to "the days of Noah".

                            Peter likens the building of Noah's ark as the time in which God exercised patience before executing his judgement.

                            The end of the Age the book of Revelation says "the Bride has made herself ready"

                            This is what we are currently waiting for before the end of the age and the judgement that accompanies that.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by hawkman View Post
                              Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror



                              Do you own any beach front property ? I do not . I think you should be informing some people of these " rising seas " because their investments seem ill timed don't you think ?

                              Al Gore buys beach front property , Link . https://www.worldpropertyjournal.com...maker-2525.php

                              Former President Barack Obama buys beach front property , Link . https://www.forbes.com/sites/kathlee.../#2edffa142286
                              All of the Politicians who are coming up with plans on how to cut back on greenhouse gases are idiots or liars.

                              For example, suppose you owned a refinery. You have all the necessary government approvals. At the time you got the zoning permits and building permits you advised the government that you were planning on operating this facility for 30+ years. You borrowed millions to build it based on the government approvals. Can the government now come back and say "oops, our bad, you have to close this down"? Who would do business with the US if they did that?

                              Also, consider that the US government raises taxes so high that you can't profitably refine gas in the US. What is stopping them from moving to Mexico? How about Dominican Republic, or Nicaragua, or Panama, Belize, etc.? All the higher tax will accomplish is give some high priced accountant a job to justify the financial benefits of moving their plant along with all the jobs and tax revenue that this entails.

                              If you take one minute to consider this you will realize that every drop of oil in the ground that is currently owned and being pumped will be pumped out and burned. Same goes with Coal and Natural gas. Any politician who tells you they have a plan on how to stop this is either lying to you or is too stupid to understand what is involved.

                              The only plan that makes sense is the Biblical plan -- build an ark that can pass through the flood.

                              In this case we need to build cities that can survive the next thousand years, the bare minimum amount of time necessary to restore all things.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

                                The evidence is in, many corporations were financing an effort to suppress the truth concerning climate change. The lawsuit against the power company in California is simply one example of the backlash that is going to take place as people discover the cost and horror resulting from this suppression of the truth.

                                Because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed.

                                If you understand climate change you discover that we have been "storing up wrath for ourselves" by hiding our eyes from the truth and the difficult job of responding to it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X