This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

"This is only a taste of the horror and the terror" -- Jerry Brown concerning fires in California 10/28/2019

God’s Judgement

There has been a continual sowing and that will result in a reaping. Perhaps many of those who built up the fossil fuel industry did it in ignorance and a pure heart, the Lord will judge. But since then we know that they have employed false prophets to sow doubt into the public, they have bulldozed through areas forcing people to give up their land by hook or by crook. They have even had wars of rape and pillage (Sudan) in order to drive the people from their land.

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. Gal 6:7

“As for you, my flock, thus says the Lord God: Behold, I judge between sheep and sheep, between rams and male goats. Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture, that you must tread down with your feet the rest of your pasture; and to drink of clear water, that you must muddy the rest of the water with your feet? Ezekiel 34:17-18

God’s Curse

The earth lies defiled under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse devours the earth, and its inhabitants suffer for their guilt; therefore the inhabitants of the earth are scorched, and few men are left. Isaiah 24:5-6

This is simply what many are saying today. California is scorched. Amazon rain forest is scorched. The arctic is scorched.

The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch people with fire. They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory. Rev 16:8-9

There is no repentance. For years and years they falsely claimed that the science was not settled. Once it became clear that it was beyond any reasonable doubt they claimed there was nothing they could do, it was too late.

Jesus is Lord

And he called him and said to him, ‘What is this that I hear about you? Turn in the account of your management, for you can no longer be manager.’ Luke 16:2

The end of the age is when Jesus binds the strong man of the house and plunders this world. Climate change is evidence that those managing the world’s economy can no longer be manager. The collapse of the worldly economy will precede the Lord’s return.

“‘Woe! Woe to you, great city,
    where all who had ships on the sea
    became rich through her wealth!
    In one hour she has been brought to ruin!’
    “Rejoice over her, you heavens!
    Rejoice, you people of God!
    Rejoice, apostles and prophets!
    For God has judged her
    with the judgment she imposed on you.” Rev 18:19-20

Sudan was simply one example of the judgement that was imposed on us.

Coming Judgement Prophesied

This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. Heb 12:27-29

This world will be shaken once more.

Hear the word of the Lord, O children of Israel, for the Lord has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land. There is no faithfulness or steadfast love, and no knowledge of God in the land; there is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed. Therefore the land mourns, and all who dwell in it languish, and also the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens, and even the fish of the sea are taken away. Hosea 4:1-3

We are seeing an extinction of the fish in the sea that is unprecedented in human history. We are in the midst of the sixth great extinction. The destruction of the Amazon rain forest is causing a tremendous loss of beasts and birds. Silent Spring was one of the first books to sound the alarm. Time magazine made the Earth their man of the year to again sound the alarm.

False Prophets — Fake News

Thus says the Lord concerning this people: “They have loved to wander thus; they have not restrained their feet; therefore the Lord does not accept them; now he will remember their iniquity and punish their sins.” The Lord said to me: “Do not pray for the welfare of this people. Though they fast, I will not hear their cry, and though they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence.” Then I said: “Ah, Lord God, behold, the prophets say to them, ‘You shall not see the sword, nor shall you have famine, but I will give you assured peace in this place.’” And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds. …Jeremiah 14:10-15:19

We saw this form of deceit with the Tobacco companies and with the fossil fuel industry. The basis for going to war in Iraq was based on a lying vision. Swine flu is simply one example of the people being consumed by pestilence.

Thus the Lord, the God of Israel, said to me: “Take from my hand this cup of the wine of wrath, and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. They shall drink and stagger and be crazed because of the sword that I am sending among them.” So I took the cup from the Lord's hand, and made all the nations to whom the Lord sent me drink it: Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, its kings and officials, to make them a desolation and a waste, a hissing and a curse, as at this day; Pharaoh king of Egypt, his servants, his officials, all his people, ... Jeremiah 25:15-27

Climate change is going to make these nations a waste and desolation, a hissing and a curse.

Days of Noah

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Matt 24:7

A few years ago Time magazine made the Earth their “man of the year” because of the extinctions going on around the world. Because we were aware of the major extinction taking place we began to gather DNA from all the species and keep it in a secure location. The BioGenome project is being led by researchers from the Smithsonian institution. Likewise the “Frozen Ark Project” has a mission to collect, preserve and conserve DNA of animal species facing extinction. There is also the Svalbard Global Seed Vault near the arctic circle storing a wide variety of plant seeds.

Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled with violence. And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth. And God said to Noah, “I have determined to make an end of all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make yourself an ark of gopher wood. Make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and out with pitch. Genesis 6:11-14

We are told that the end of the age will also be like this. We can see that Climate change can lead to the “end of all flesh” and that “they would be destroyed with the earth”.

If he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 2Pet 2:5

Peter also likens the end of this age to the flood at Noah’s time.

Re: This is only a taste of the horror and the terror

You haven't seen anything yet...
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
    Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
      California fires, rising seas: Millions of climate refugees will dwarf Dust Bowl by 2100 https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...100009068.html

According to the article there are 200,000 refugees as a result of this recent fire in California. They project this number will grow to 13 million by the end of the century. That is only for the US. Since the US represents about 5% of the world's population you can guesstimate that worldwide we'll see 260 million refugees.

This aligns with the Bible. The feast of tabernacles is at the end of the age, when the Lord is reaping the harvest. Everyone lives in tents, remembering when they came out of Egypt living in tents.

Comment

Originally posted by znpaaneah View Post
        California fires, rising seas: Millions of climate refugees will dwarf Dust Bowl by 2100 https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...100009068.html

According to the article there are 200,000 refugees as a result of this recent fire in California. They project this number will grow to 13 million by the end of the century. That is only for the US. Since the US represents about 5% of the world's population you can guesstimate that worldwide we'll see 260 million refugees.

This aligns with the Bible. The feast of tabernacles is at the end of the age, when the Lord is reaping the harvest. Everyone lives in tents, remembering when they came out of Egypt living in tents.
        Do you own any beach front property ? I do not . I think you should be informing some people of these " rising seas " because their investments seem ill timed don't you think ?

Al Gore buys beach front property , Link . https://www.worldpropertyjournal.com...maker-2525.php

Former President Barack Obama buys beach front property , Link . https://www.forbes.com/sites/kathlee.../#2edffa142286

Comment

Originally posted by hawkman View Post
          Do you own any beach front property ? I do not . I think you should be informing some people of these " rising seas " because their investments seem ill timed don't you think ?

Al Gore buys beach front property , Link . https://www.worldpropertyjournal.com...maker-2525.php

Former President Barack Obama buys beach front property , Link . https://www.forbes.com/sites/kathlee.../#2edffa142286
          We have been warning everyone of the coming judgement, that is part of the gospel. It is called the gospel, not because of the great tribulation but because of the great savior. This great salvation extends even to climate change and the end of the age.

Living on the edge in the homeless encampments of LA

Tent City in LA — https://www.yahoo.com/news/living-ed...130442418.html

Science
          Insect extinction 'is even worse than we thought,' scientists warn

The world is facing an insect extinction even worse than many experts had feared - with a drop in the number of species of up to one-third in just 10 years.
          Researchers from the Technical University of Munich (TUM) collected*one million insects*at 300 sites in Germany between 2008 and 2017.
          They found that there were a third fewer species than 10 years ago, both in forested areas and grassland.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/insect-ex...183951348.html

Comment

I live at about 10 feet above high tide mark. I know that the Day will come when my house will be destroyed by the huge tsunamis generated when the earth is shaken from her place. Isaiah 13:13

The Destroyer is Coming Deuteronomy 32:34-35
            Isaiah 54:16b I; the Lord, created the Destroyer, to wreak destruction.
            Jeremiah 4:7 A lion has risen from his lair – the Destroyer of nations. He has come out of hiding and will devastate the nations.
            Ezekiel 7:8-19 Very soon I shall vent My wrath onto the Land of Israel. I shall call them to account for their bad conduct and their abominations. I shall neither pity nor spare them, they will suffer for their sins. They will know that is was the Lord who struck them.
            The Day is coming, doom is here – it bursts upon them, the Lord’s retribution and punishment for their many sins. The time has come! The Day has arrived! The war Trumpet has sounded, but no-one goes to war, for their turmoil has called forth My wrath. Outside is the Destroyer, inside is pestilence and famine, those out in the country will die and if any escape to hiding places, there I will kill them for their iniquity. Everyone will be terrified, their hands will hang limp and people will wet their pants with fright. None of their riches or possessions will save them on the terrible day of the Lord’s fury.
            Ezekiel 21:1-7, Zephaniah 1:14-18

Jeremiah 8:12-16 The whole earth trembles as the Destroyer comes. It devastates the land, all it produces is burned. City and citizens alike will fall with a great crash on the Day of the Lord’s Reckoning. 2 Peter 3:7, Revelation 6:12-17
            Isaiah 6:11 …cities are ruined and deserted, without any people left in them. The holy Land lies ruined and wasted.
            Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

Bible prophecy warns us of how the Lord will once again ‘take vengeance on His enemies’, Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 66:13-17, Hab 3:12
            Then we are told there will be a greater second Exodus of all the Lord’s faithful Christian people, to live in all of the holy Land. Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-16
            In His Day of Reckoning, a Destroyer, this time; an explosion of the sun, Isaiah 30:26, will come and once again cause devastation on the earth. Deuteronomy 32:34-43

Comment

Originally posted by Keraz View Post
              In His Day of Reckoning, a Destroyer, this time; an explosion of the sun, Isaiah 30:26, will come and once again cause devastation on the earth. Deuteronomy 32:34-43
              Betelguesse is a star in the final hours of life, when it explodes it will be a supernova that some have theorized will burn away the ozone layer of the Earth. It is plausible that a similar event presaged the Permian extinction (Carbon 60 has been found in deposits at the start of that extinction, and that only occurs naturally in a supernova). If a Supernova occurring close enough to Earth to burn away the ozone were to occur it would explain significant portions of Revelation (hiding from the Sun, the entire world's economy collapsing like someone throwing a boulder into the ocean, the Sun being cursed and causing skin cancer, etc)

Comment

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. Gal 6:7

I don't think people, even today, understand what is taking place with climate change. For example, they don't understand the decisions that led to this or the moment in history when we could have avoided a catastrophic end. This is why they sound so foolish and idiotic today.

Consider this -- they want us to reduce carbon emissions. The US represents 5% of the world's population, so at a time when the rest of the world is increasing their use of fossil fuel how is the US cutting back going to avoid anything? It isn't a solution, it isn't even close to a solution and saying "at least I am trying to do something" is nothing but wasted effort at a time when you cannot afford it.

But let's assume we could convince the entire world, China, India, Indonesia, etc. What happens to the guy with the coal mine? What about those with oil wells? How about the power plant that burns coal? The guy who owns an oil tanker or a refinery? Do they all just shut down? All of these people got permits and licenses, and did everything the respective governments required, got the necessary permissions, and even though it was OK yesterday, today they are just going to tell them -- sorry, you are bankrupt, we changed our mind? It isn't going to happen. Every last ounce of fossil fuel will be dug up, pumped up, and burned.

Perhaps in the 70s, prior to Chernobyl we could have really focused on nuclear power plants? The problem is that countries like Russia and China were desperate to keep up with us, they saw it as a matter of survival and were willing to run the risk of building them without all the expensive safety precautions. Chernobyl was inevitable, and the more we pushed nuclear the more inevitable it would have been.

Prior to the 70s, before Silent Spring, before the environmental movement, there is no way anyone eliminates fossil fuel. The benefits were too great and the perceived risks were way too low and seen as very far off, something only a few scientists were even studying. WWI and WWII were won due to the industrial revolution. To not embrace it would have resulted in defeat and becoming subservient to dictators. So from 1850 to the present there is no chance that any political leader could have done anything differently.

The reason the industrial revolution took place was because tool making had become much more precise due to Britains ship building. You needed a large, well run government to provide the necessary environment for the tool making. From the collapse of the Roman Empire until the 1700s we didn't have the necessary government and economy, so no chance during that time frame.

Likewise the conquests of the various empires: Babylonian, Medo Persian, Greek and Romans had a very disruptive environment, bring wars and rumor of wars to societies. Although the industrial revolution has a huge impact on the war machine, it is actually Mining that is the real catalyst. You need pumps for mines (pump out water)...to be continued, sorry

Comment

Betelguesse is a star in the final hours of life, when it explodes it will be a supernova that some have theorized will burn away the ozone layer of the Earth. It is plausible that a similar event presaged the Permian extinction (Carbon 60 has been found in deposits at the start of that extinction, and that only occurs naturally in a supernova). If a Supernova occurring close enough to Earth to burn away the ozone were to occur it would explain significant portions of Revelation (hiding from the Sun, the entire world's economy collapsing like someone throwing a boulder into the ocean, the Sun being cursed and causing skin cancer, etc)
                  Did you read Isaiah 30:26a ? That verse [and others that point to the sun, like Psalm 50:1-3] specifically and definitely says it will be the sun that causes the prophesied effects of the terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath.

We know about Coronal Mass Ejections, they have happened many times in the past. Usually they just cause some radio interference and auroras near the poles. But a few have badly affected the world, [google the Carrington event] and the one prophesied will be of unprecedented magnitude. It will cause all the effects prophesied for the Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, to literally take place.

The world will never be the same again and from that Day, the Sixth Seal, everything as described in Revelation; leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus, will occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Keraz View Post
                    Did you read Isaiah 30:26a ? That verse [and others that point to the sun, like Psalm 50:1-3] specifically and definitely says it will be the sun that causes the prophesied effects of the terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath.

We know about Coronal Mass Ejections, they have happened many times in the past. Usually they just cause some radio interference and auroras near the poles. But a few have badly affected the world, [google the Carrington event] and the one prophesied will be of unprecedented magnitude. It will cause all the effects prophesied for the Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, to literally take place.

The world will never be the same again and from that Day, the Sixth Seal, everything as described in Revelation; leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus, will occur.
                    Isaiah 30:26a clearly refers to the Sun becoming extremely bright, which based on our limited experience suggests a spectacular Coronal Mass Ejection. Such an event would, I suspect, knock out the world's electronics, power plants, wifi, etc.

8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

This verse does not appear to be the same thing. "Allowing the sun to scorch people with fire" to me sounds like removing the ozone layer. If that happened much more of the Sun's energy would hit the Earth and this could be the straw that turns climate change into searing heat.

Likewise:

12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us[f] from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their[g] wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

The Stars falling to Earth from heaven sounds like a supernova. Hiding yourself from the Sun sounds like their is no ozone layer and you will get skin cancer if you are out in the daylight.

A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

This is also something that could result from the loss of ozone. Not all plants grow in direct sunlight, but those that do would be burned up.

Comment

So the problem is simple, for us to become advanced we had to go through a fossil fuel stage. We never could develop computers, quantum computers, space exploration, telecommunications and fusion without the electricity we generated from fossil fuel.

From our experience it takes 170 years of fossil fuel industry before we could even think of having a carbon free power for the entire world (solar, wind, nuclear and fusion).

So the only way we could have avoided this catastrophe is if we could have developed this in a secluded way so that only a few million people developed the energy technology over a 200-400 year period (I lengthen it to give this smaller community much more time to completely transition)

Comment

"This will only get worse": California fires linked to climate change
                        https://www.yahoo.com/news/only-wors...120635846.html

"Since the early 1970s, California's annual wildfire extent increased fivefold, punctuated by extremely large and destructive wildfires in 2017 and 2018," the researchers wrote. "This trend was mainly due to an eightfold increase in summertime forest‐fire area and was very likely driven by drying of fuels promoted by human‐induced warming."

Comment

First pictures and video of the largest methane fountain so far discovered in the Arctic Ocean

https://siberiantimes.com/other/othe...arctic-ocean/?

For those of you who don't understand, this is a feedback loop. Once the methane begins to seep out of the arctic it will be like a landslide or dominoes. Similar to the hull of the Titanic has been breached and the water is rushing in.

Comment

So the problem is simple, for us to become advanced we had to go through a fossil fuel stage. We never could develop computers, quantum computers, space exploration, telecommunications and fusion without the electricity we generated from fossil fuel.

From our experience it takes 170 years of fossil fuel industry before we could even think of having a carbon free power for the entire world (solar, wind, nuclear and fusion).

So the only way we could have avoided this catastrophe is if we could have developed this in a secluded way so that only a few million people developed the energy technology over a 200-400 year period (I lengthen it to give this smaller community much more time to completely transition)
                            If I was to choose a location on Earth I would choose the Arabian Peninsula. They have the most oil that is easiest to drill and pump. Israel's boundaries were the Tigris Euphrates river to the East and the Mediterranean ocean to the West. They were given the entire Arabian Peninsula to use.

Then I would instruct them that they cannot go to Egypt for horses. That would create the need for transportation. Necessity is the mother of invention, forcing them to invent the railway.

I would also instruct them that they can't go to Lebanon for cedars. Again creating the need for building materials, forcing them to invent concrete.

Finally, I would give them (if I was God) the wisest man on Earth who would develop a mining operation on an industrial scale. Recent archaeological evidence has found Solomon's mines and describes them as being on a scale that we didn't see again until the industrial revolution.

Mines require pumps, it was this need that resulted in the first engines. Mines also need to transport very heavy loads down mountains. These operations created railways where the donkeys would pull carts on rails. This is halfway to a railroad.

Finally, I would command that every wise king that he cannot marry women from Egypt, Lebanon and all these other countries. According to human wisdom these marriages are a wise way to build alliances. But in my idea they would distract this wise man from coming up with a solution to the issues they have, discovering and developing industry. The big issue with the beginning of the industrial revolution was the need for a large industry (like Solomon's mines) that could support the development of fine tool making (steam engines required a much finer precision than we had previously done).

Hence, I feel that at the time of Solomon was mankind's one best chance to avoid the coming tribulation. Had Israel and Solomon obeyed God's commands they could have discovered the industrial revolution and developed it for 400 years before the Babylonians come riding in to see what is going on.

I heard an unknown voice say:
                            6 “I removed the burden from their shoulders;
                            their hands were set free from the basket.
                            7 In your distress you called and I rescued you,
                            I answered you out of a thundercloud;
                            I tested you at the waters of Meribah.[c]
                            8 Hear me, my people, and I will warn you—
                            if you would only listen to me, Israel!
                            9 You shall have no foreign god among you;
                            you shall not worship any god other than me.
                            10 I am the Lord your God,
                            who brought you up out of Egypt.
                            Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.
                            11 “But my people would not listen to me;
                            Israel would not submit to me.
                            12 So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts
                            to follow their own devices.
                            13 “If my people would only listen to me,
                            if Israel would only follow my ways,
                            14 how quickly I would subdue their enemies
                            and turn my hand against their foes!
                            15 Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him,
                            and their punishment would last forever.
                            16 But you would be fed with the finest of wheat;
                            with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

Comment

Again:..........
                              Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
                              Just wait til the whole Earth really starts groaning.

I sincerely think that the past two to three years of unprecedented out of control fires on the West coast are intentionally neglected by the upper echelons of human-Government aimed to increase forced-popular support of a carbon-tax and also the introduction of even more drastic near-future United Nation's mandates concerning combating global climate change.
                              Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                              Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Comment

Working...
                              X