Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody tell me about where to stay in Phoenix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody tell me about where to stay in Phoenix?

I am attending an oncology conference in Scottsdale in February, and Wifey will come along but kids will stay home with grandparents. She likes things like hiking and shopping, but will be about 6 months pregnant by then.

Conference resort itself is sold out, which is in North Scottsdale to be close enough to the conference. Is this a bad area? We will have a few days to ourselves before it starts. I am deciding between Gainey suites and Hyatt place right now, should I think of elsewhere?

Re: Can anybody tell me about where to stay in Phoenix?

I never choose to stay at nice hotels, so I can't comment on your suggestions, but I can tell you that North Scottsdale is not a bad area. Quite the opposite, actually. There are some dangerous areas in Glendale and some poorer areas west of I-17, in patches within a 4-mile radius of downtown, in Mesa, and in general quite some distance from your conference. I wish I was there right now, running those hills instead of shut in due to heavy rain.

Comment

Re: Can anybody tell me about where to stay in Phoenix?

Originally posted by little watchman View Post
      I never choose to stay at nice hotels, so I can't comment on your suggestions, but I can tell you that North Scottsdale is not a bad area. Quite the opposite, actually. There are some dangerous areas in Glendale and some poorer areas west of I-17, in patches within a 4-mile radius of downtown, in Mesa, and in general quite some distance from your conference. I wish I was there right now, running those hills instead of shut in due to heavy rain.
      Thanks nice info it's help me alot

Comment

Working...
      X