My Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Family

Iíd like to discuss with other Christians about my family, because I find it hard to pray for them in good faith.

My mother says she hates religion but for some reason wishes to become a Pagan. I have no problem with that, because everyone should have the freedom to choose their religion, though I am worried she will go to hell. Other than this, my mom is my favourite in the family because she actually listens to me, speaks to me openly, and defends me against my dadís cruelty.

My sister is a liberal and says that religion hinders peace. Sheís a lawyer who is trying to climb the ladder for reasons I can only speculate about.

But my dad is the reason iím typing this. After we moved cities away from other family members, he has renounced his faith in God immediately, which leads me to believe he never had any in the first place, and only claimed to believe for show. But he has the most power in the family. He loves to tell others exactly what to do, all the time. And everyone else complies, albeit with frustration. But his cruelty leaves me dumbfounded in a horrid way. He refuses to listen to any advice or criticism in any way, and loves the position heís in (he said so himself to my mom). If I try to speak to him about why I am usually sad, he scoffs and says ďdonít speak nonsenseĒ, in a condescending way. When I said I no longer wish to eat meat for I believe itís cruel, he responded ďhow can it be cruel if you never knew the animalĒ. The family cat has a broken leg, and when I asked him what we should do about it, he started yelling at me saying he doesnít want to do anything about it. And these are all examples from the last 2 days, this has been going on my whole life. On top of cruelty, he is a liar which makes me question my own memory. When I asked him why he forces me to run around for him, he denies having ever done that. If I refuse to do what he says, he gets a horrid look in his expression and curses me. Something like this happened today. Because of my dad, I have lost faith in this world, and feel as though anyone can come up to me and take whatever they want, and change my plans to their desire. My dadís disdain towards me is something that haunts me even when iím not around him.

And then thereís me. My extended family cannot seem to fathom why I am not excelling in this world. The reason is that my trust has been shattered from a young age by my dad and other people who bullied me incessantly, but no one bullied me as much as my dad. I live off a disability pension because I cannot work as I am far too scared to be hurt again. I am hypersensitive to emotions because my emotions were almost always ignored. I want to save my dad, and the thought of him going to hell has hindered my progress in life because I just cannot give up on him. Do you think it would be best for me to live alone again? (I moved in with my parents 5 months ago after years of living alone, since I was 19). The pain and sorrow I feel all the time stems from all the women and girls that professed love towards me throughout my life, but I was so sad that I couldnít possibly start a family or even find love in them with all the curses my dad has cast upon my soul.

Thereís much more to my family story and iím aware that iím complaining, but it really does weigh me down and I feel I needed to get this off my chest.

The sins of my mother and sister are forgivable, but I feel my dad will go to hell. My question is, should I give up on kindness toward him (the golden rule), or should I continue trying to save him by expressing and challenging the wrong that heís doing? Mind you he hates God and is clueless about any righteousness. What would you do?

Re: My Family

First off, sorry to hear that. I can't even begin to imagine what that's like. So I won't pretend I do.

Praying for family that you don't get along with is no easy task. I have an uncle that years ago did a lot of wrong to his own brother and his brother was very hurt and has found it in his heart to forgive him and even pray for him. I find it extremely hard to pray for him, but I feel convicted when I get the feeling of anger towards him. After all, it's my dad he wronged and because of it, the family has been divided. Yet God reminds me from time to time that I need to pray for him. He's a fallen human being just like my dad, and just like me.

It's no easy task, I'll be honest with you, but obeying God never is easy. However, the rewards we reap are more than enough motivation to keep me going. And the end of the day I don't want to see my uncle burn in Hell, I want him to repent and for my family to be a family again.

I hope this helps in some way. I know it's not the same situation, but perhaps something I say may help. Either way, I can certainly pray for you.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Comment

Re: My Family

Sorry about all of that ....... that is hard to straighten out .

If you do not believe in GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to Hell............ !

Could you not find a church and talk to a preacher and ask him if he is good at this... ?

to talk to your un- saved family....

And then talk to the family and mention this that if they will go to talk to the preacher this will be the last time you will

bring this up to them............

Unless you know your self what to say and have them just listen ....... until your done talking ........

Because some times we do not come across the right way. It is so simple and yet people mix things up.

Hope this will help a little ........
      Eph. 2:8
      For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
      9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Comment

Working...
      X