Family of 8 Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family of 8 Children

A few years ago we moved in with my son his wife and 8 children...

My husband was thinking of me I guess .......... he passed away after a few months.
    It is still very hard to not keep crying..... He was the best husband ! Never complained about any thing!

I am still here , trying to get used to the children..........
    I have a lot of things I could be telling you about ......

But just today........

The sun is out and it is supposed to go up to 60* today !

I sure hope it will continue to warm up, spring sure has been cold over here....

Well, its quiet now ! But half a hour ago it was very loud , the children home school

and they were up on a break , and were having fun [but not me ] they were fighting and

yelling at each other "horsing around" ...... they enjoyed it, but I was trying to do some

posting.. on the computer.... so I go up and slammed my door shut, it did not bother them.

At all !!! They kept having there fun.......

old age -------------- children

and that was just 3 of the boy's........ !

And that was just a little example !!!!!
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Re: Family of 8 Children

I guess I would rather be here then being alone.

And paying bills, just for me..... instead I am buying grocery's once a week.

And getting my meals prepared for me and other things..

All I do now is keep my room clean , and will wash dishes when no one is around ! Lots of those of course.....
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Comment

Yes ! I love my family ! all the children and the grand children...

But ,,,,,, visiting with them once a week or once a month is great !!!!!!!!!

But living with a large family at old age is a different story............. so how do I relax ?????

Any ideas ????????

Comment

I am sorry to tell you, my Beloved, that you are not called to relax...
        7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?

8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

Now, I believe you have come "in from the field," but it seems the Lord has been gracious enough to place you in a position where "serving at the table" means continuing to teach your younger ones...
        Jesus said, "Out of the hardness of your hearts Moses gave a writ of divorce; but from the beginning it was not so." How many more things do you suppose are, "From the beginning, NOT so?"

Comment

Originally posted by Falconcheff View Post
          I am sorry to tell you, my Beloved, that you are not called to relax...
          7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?

8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

Now, I believe you have come "in from the field," but it seems the Lord has been gracious enough to place you in a position where "serving at the table" means continuing to teach your younger ones...

I am 83 today and why am I still here? my family all passed away in there 70's.
          I pray that they are in heaven , but I was not saved till late in life so I do not know were they are !

Comment

Originally posted by grams View Post
            I am 83 today and why am I still here? my family all passed away in there 70's.
            I pray that they are in heaven , but I was not saved till late in life so I do not know were they are !
            I minister to a retirement home twice a month, and I feel they ask the same thing you do, Oh Daughter... Why am I still here?

The Word says A man is given 70 years; anything after that is a blessing... A blessing, Beloved. Every day we wake with breath and blood, is a day we can be the Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven: a Day to PRAY. Pray for your loved ones, and pray for your enemies. Pray to end abortion... the heartfelt prayer of the righteous accomplishes so many things! You can do more with your prayers than a thousand ministries... Oh Daughter, pray...PRAY for those grandchildren, that they may come to know the Lord and His righteousness!

Be an intercessor for someone...Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Oh how this Scripture both breaks my heart and lifts me up at the same time... I am broken for there was none found to stand in the gap... but I am lifted up knowing how the Lord desires someone... anyone...YOU, Beloved... to stand in the gap for someone else; why? That the Lord would not destroy them...

Oh, be comforted, Daughter... your time for rest will come, and it will be GLORIOUS... until then, run that race. Your own testimony admits you were not saved until late in life... God, your loving Father, is giving you back that time which the enemy stole from you; redeeming your wasted time from your life before Him... a Blessing, and not a curse.

Grace and Peace be with you, Beloved...
            Jesus said, "Out of the hardness of your hearts Moses gave a writ of divorce; but from the beginning it was not so." How many more things do you suppose are, "From the beginning, NOT so?"

Comment

The only thing is I cant help any one to know GOD ! I was hoping going to forums would help.
              We live out in the farm area and things are far away....
              I thought for sure I would be in heaven before my husband.... But he was a kind man and did little complaining, and now
              I know he had a lot of pain he kept to him self... The money I would be paying for rent is now going to help my
              family....... but with such a big family it wont last long. and I cant drive any more I would get my self lost all the time.
              So that is why I really want to go home....... As soon as possible.....

Comment

I am encouraged that you are still sticking together as a family unit, young and old all together. I realize it isn't much, but so many families are fragmented around the country. It is very hard for little ones to respect their elders these days. The parents cater to every whim of the child. By homeschooling I think those kids will have at least some respect for their parents as also schoolmasters and teachers. I hope that you are able to have some meaningful time with them each day.

Try to devote some of your computer time to writing them notes and letters perhaps, leave them inside their school books
                As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Comment

I guess I am getting used to it all now ?

Any way with the warm weather and the boys now going to baseball that has made a big difference

I am home alone now even...... because I cant go all the time ...... when they have along

drive one hour and then there is more then one game,,,, that's to much ...

I do enjoy going when its one game!

Like today they left at 7:30 A.M. and will not be home till 7 or 9:30 PM. so I had to stay home.

I guess I could really go to them all ..........BUT the whole reason is I have problems with foods.
                  Dairy and some vegetables.... Its 9:30AM now and I have all ready been in and out a half dozen
                  times... and that's not the end of it yet........ If I went to a doctor for this they would probley
                  want to operate and at 83 I do not need that !

I guess I should mention we are all Blessed we know GOD and read the bible.
                  Before the 8 children came along my son did preach at our church .
                  Now with having to work to feed the large family, he has little time left.
                  My daughter in-law home schools the children, and always starts out with the bible !

Comment

I know it's been a while since you posted. I pray that you and your family are doing well Grams. I pray that Christ may richly bless you and yours!
                    Originally posted by Job 34:19
                    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Comment

Thank you.

Things are pretty much the same...... I'm just hoping to go home soon.......... But my health is pretty good for my age.

I am 83....... my family all passed away in there 70's....... I really want to go home.......

Comment

Well , surprise I am getting to feel a lot better.

Today they are now all gone for foot ball practice with one group " family" and another to a game.

They will all be home soon ......... its nice once in a while. Today I was going to go, but my back is hurting
                        and walking makes it hurt more and from the car to the field is a long walk.
                        It's real nice seeing the grand children play baseball " which is all done now" And now foot ball I never
                        like it , but now I really do ....... I watch on TV with my husband and could not see what was going on , since
                        I did not know any thing about football. and did not want to tell my husband.......
                        I guess with it is some one you know that changes things.......

Yep, after getting saved....... I still want to go home.........

Comment

Working...
                        X